Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

It goes on as lemonade with a lot of lovely berries in it plus a ton of sugar. It's awhile before any of the rose comes out for me, but that berry-lemonade dries down to a soft, sweet version of how it smelled first on the skin but with less tartness to the lemon. It's fluffy, pink, and incredibly girly. No rough edges whatsoever. A great scent for summer when you want to basically wear the scent of Sunshine Bear the Carebear.

In the decant, this is pure candy. Applied, I’m still getting candy: watermelon candy to be specific. Great if you like candy scents, but not for me.

Sweet-tart pink candies with delicate florals floating about - really pretty and summery. I don't find it as neon-sign sweet as Candy Phoenix, Sticky Pillowcase or some other sweet candy scents, if the candy descriptions are scaring you off. The lemon blossom and acai seem to give it a little tart note to offset the sweet notes.

And I'm not one to generally think of insects as cute (move to Georgia, you'll see what I mean), but Rosy Maple Moths are pretty darn cute, all fuzzy and pink and yellow. I wouldn't have known that if it weren't for BPAL!

The winner of my decant selections! At first I wasn't sure about it... had a generic sweetness, I wrote "pink lemon scent, but not pink lemonADE" if that makes sense :lol: After about 15 min it dried down to the most delicious smell of red Kool-Aid powder!! I love that smell!! So this one is a bottle purchase - extra points for Rosy Maple being a cute moth!

Thankfully the sweet pea doesn't turn this into sunblock, the rose sugar is not soapy, and lemon blossom does not smell like a public restroom on me like orange blossom. Hooray!

Love this. Love love love this. Love it.

Slightly lemony, drying to soft sugary lemony floral, with an undertone of vanilla. I don't find it as candy-sweet as some of the other reviewers do. I was expecting lemon blossom, not lemon, so the citrus note was a surprise. A light and lovely scent for summer.

In the imp it smelled like sweet cough syrup and I had a momentary debate about actually putting it on before I did. On drydown, I'm getting vanilla and sugar, but not much else. I'm hoping the lemon and sweetpea show up at some point.

Wearable, but not a favorite.

omg, super sweet, sweet pea. very fruity/floral. I love that about sweet pea. Definitely candy like, makes me want to lick my skin where I put it on. Towards the end a little bit of the vanilla comes out just a teensy bit. This is so feminine and cool. would ge a good summer scent.

Pretty much straight sweet pea on my skin. Sweet pea reminds me of my mom.. she really likes the flowers. Since Mouse's Long and Sad Tale stopped working on my skin ( :cry: ) this might be a nice substitute. I'm really liking quite a few of the Metamorphosis blends soo....

Yes, this is really sweet with a juicy/floral feel. Definitely feels pink too! Not really any rose to speak of thankfully (kinda confused by this "rose sugar" business)

The lab's sweet pea note smells nothing like the actual flower to me, but I sure do love it.

On first test, I was very disappointed with this one and thought it smelled sort of like a fruity/sweet Bath and Body works candle or something.

I came back to it the next day and wore it again, and loved it! The wafts truly are of pink candied lemonade. Sniff your wrist, and you get floral/fruity candle. Let it waft (and it does, this one has reasonable throw), and it's beautiful, juicy, fruity, sweet and lemonadey. Yes, lemonadey.

Definitely a beautiful summer scent and after a rocky start, I'm glad I have this one.

Source: Lab bottle.

Wet: Almost sweet pea single note. Light, delicate and airy.

Drydown: Berry infused lemonade, for the most part. The sweet pea has receded into the background. It's a very realistic, juicy berry note, not the weird plasticky sort that I get out of most perfumes.

Dry: Soft, powdery, feminine.

Overall: Not my speed, but very pretty.

This is Velvet Unicorn in moth form. Super sweet and fruity. It reminds me a lot of Bath and Body Works' Sweet Pea with a little extra candy floss (like Midway).

On the skin: Watermelon Jolly Ranchers! That is exactly what this blend reminds me of! Wow, I really want some now. After a bit, it still smells like watermelon jolly ranchers, but I am also picking up a hint of floral.

Huh. Not bad by any means, but I don't see myself wearing this one too often.

Light sweet lemon, vanilla, and juicy huckleberry right off the bat, sugary and refreshing. More of a light and feminine perfume scent than I'm used to going for in my BPAL, but this is lovely! Dries down to very light sugar and a hint of fruit. Perfect for the summer! :wub2:

So, per description? Lemon - NO. Rose - NO. Sweet Pea - NO. Sugar - NO.

On me?

Holy farp! It's sweet, light, and has that sorta jammy berry huckleberry note as in that April Fool scent but not as overboard or ampy on my skin as that blend was on me... and the sugar adds a nommy sweet innocent depth, and neither rose nor lemon is amping out of control on me as they usually do, given that they are my amp notes. Whrrrr?

I need a bottle or two! Surprise hit.

I don't like lemonade--it's too tart for me. But if pink lemonade tasted like Rosy Maple smells, I would drink it by the gallon-full. This is THE perfect summer scent--not obnoxiously fruity, neither tart nor too sweet, delicate, feminine. I feel like I should be adorning a verandah, making the summer bearable for others with my gently intoxicating aroma. There is something classic about this smell, too, in the sense that Tracy Lord might wear it in the summertime. It's too sophisticatedly simple for the common folk.

If that doesn't make sense, don't blame me. I'm intoxicated by Rosy Maple myself.

The strangest thing is happening to me with this blend: I can't smell it, but I can taste it. I've got some on my wrist, and when I huff it, I get no scent at all, but I get a blast of scent/flavor in the back of my throat. No matter how hard I sniff, I can't catch any of this in my nose. This hasn't ever happened to me with a blend before, and it's really disconcerting. XD (I'm also testing other blends, so I know it's not just my nose being off today. This is the only one that's giving me this trouble.)

The smell/taste I get from this in my throat is--shampoo. It smells like shampoo on me. I think that's the acai berry amping up, or possibly the huckleberry; it's some sweet berry shampoo smell/taste. Not unpleasant (I really love the smell of washed hair), but not something I want to wear, especially since I can't exactly smell it in the first place.

It's also beginning to irritate my skin slightly, which . . . doesn't ever happen to me. I have no idea what note in this could be causing that, because every single note in this is one I love, except for the huckleberry, which I've never tried--and that probably answers that.

Clearly this blend is just not meant for me in any way at all, which is sad, because it was the one I was looking forward to most in this set. It just goes to show you that the sure bets are never sure bets. XD

ETA that I see that someone on page 1 mentioned a shampoo called Strawberry Rain. Yes. That is it exactly. I used that shampoo too, and that is why this tastes like shampoo to me, because it's that shampoo.

Edited by benthic

This is SO much sweet pea! I can see why it's popular - it's bright and youthful and sugary. I like it, although I don't think I need a bottle of it. (Although as soon as I say that, I think, "But...." so maybe I'm changing my mind already) The vanilla bean makes no appearance on me at all - this is all sugar and sweet pea and candy and bright shiny summery-ness.

This is definitely the closest bpal to a bbw or a light fruity/floral commercial scent. It smells like lemonade and hard candy. There IS a striking resemblance to a watermelon jolly rancher. That comparison is spot on. I don't get too much rose but I do smell a light sweet pea scent in here. All in all I do like it but I wish it had more depth.

the scent of Sunshine Bear the Carebear.

Ha! That is so apt! This is a very joyful, bright and playful scent. I typically don't find myself drawn to the candy or fruity scents, but I really like this one. I get mostly lemon blossom (which I love in Carnaval Diabolique) and candyfloss. The vanilla gives it a good base, while the rose sugar and fruits add a piping chorus that I'd imagine is singing Ode to Joy.

In the imp this smells like candy! Sweet tarts and all things sugary, fruity and yummy! :wub2:

On my skin this reminds me a lot of Jester. The sweet pea, candyfloss and huckleberry are the strongest notes to my nose.

This is very strong at first and diappears as it dries. My skin is eating up these fruit notes. The final drydown is a soft, lemon-berry cotton candy scent.

I love love love this! I will definitley be keeping my decant. Again, this reminds me a lot of Jester. I'll have to test them side by side :)

:wub2:

I totally agree this is a happy scent. It reminds me of a rosy version of my 5ml of Dirty. Very fresh and light but sweet in an uncloying way. A pick me up scent for sure! Innocent and shy though. :)

This one is too sweet for me (which is saying something, because I love sweet scents) and something sharp in the background makes it just smell a bit "off." I think maybe it's the lemon blossom -- I absolutely hate lemon.

Rosy Maple Moth

holy SWEET. this smells just like sour straws with a lil cotton candy in the background. very tart and sweeeeeeeet. i like :)

I don't know why I was expecting a fall blend here, (perhaps the word 'maple'), but this is definitely a late spring or summer blend.

It is a citrussy 'pink' very sweet blend. Normally I don't like very uber sweet blends, but this is tempered by a citrus vibe. It's kind of like a pink lemon, if that makes sense, but not the pink lemondade scent itself. I get the candyfloss, and this ends up being a spun sugar sour snow cone with cotton candy scent drifting in the background. I like this, but don't know how often I'd actually wear it, as it seems a bit young for me.

eta: He He, I just seen Midnight Aeval describing this as a pink lemon scent, but not pink lemonade.

Edited by milo

I recognize the huckleberry from Jester (which kinda smells like sugarplum or watery blueberry on my skin) as the main note here, backed up by clean, breezy floral notes. As it dries down, the floral is stronger and more perfumey. I was hoping for more vanilla, acai, and candy floss, but right now all I smell is huckleberry and floral. It's pretty and kinda reminds me of The Little Bird's springy floral & berry mix, but more perfumey. I can't really pick out the rose, and rose is usually super-strong on me.

This is okay, but I'm hoping that it gets better and more complex with age...