Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

LOLI.GOTH
An effervescent combination of pink musk, white peach, wild strawberry, pale woods, iris, and raspberry leaf.

Loli.Goth is very pink and sweet without straying into candy or sickly territory. The strawberry, white peach and pink musk are the strongest notes here, but I think the 'pale woods' listed are what is holding this back from going supersweet. There's still a light quality that I never get from strawberry blends generally, but it still has that juiciness that I love. Lovely! :yum:

ETA: Something about the 'pale woods' and musk is reminding me distinctly of Jingo Kogo. LOVE. :wub: Edited by GypsyRoseRed

I only smelled this on a friend's skin on later drydown, but I was shocked by how not-too-sweet this was. I like all the notes in theory, but white peach typically goes to awful cloying sweetness on me, so we shall see. The wild strawberry note remind me of Strawberry Moon 2009, which is the strawberry note I CAN wear, so this all depends on the white peach behaving. A lovely, softly musky feminine, not too sweet but definitely pink, frilly, and girly scent.

Edited by fairnymph

I never got the musk or the woods (I had such high hopes, too) but I will agree that it stays away from candy territory. It was almost entirely strawberry with a bit of peach on me. I know some people who will love this, but it's not for me.

This is my absolute favorite new bpal. It was one of the only scents I tried on at Bat's Day and it was immediate LOVE. As much as I wanted to test everything I could get my hands on, I was just too excited about this to want to cover it with a bunch of other scents. It smells so good on me and I've been putting my wrist out for anyone and everyone to sniff since I got it.

As far as fruity fragrances go this isn't cloying or artificial or syrupy. It really doesn't smell like a dominantly fruity scent at all despite the notes. Initially it's super sweet, almost candy-like and the strawberry really shines. I am disturbingly obsessed with strawberry everything (seriously, my cupboards are like an homage to strawberry... coffee, tea, soaps, lotions, bath gels, lipgloss... It's my weakness.) and that would have been enough to hook me. But then it becomes this gorgeous musky/woody/sexy extravaganza and the fruits are more of background accents.

So all the candy sweetness fades in less than a minute and I notice this mild wood note. Maybe sandalwood? That's what it reminds me of because of the sweetness. I usually associate sandalwood with certain vanillas and it definitely has that sort of vibe going on. And the musk is really beautiful too. I can't do certain musks but this is very light. This is more deep than I expected, and it has good lasting power too.

I'm definitely going to have to bust this out when I need some backup to get my own way.

Now I have to figure out what to bump from my Top Ten list so I fit this in...

This does smell, as others have described as fruity without being overly sweet. I'm getting a lighter, more floral version of Strawberry Moon. I mostly get light pink musk layered delicately over strawberry and rasberry leaf, with just a touch of floral. It's lovely, and very unassuming. I imagine it can be worn at many occasions, from job interviews to weddings, and it's never intrusive. Low throw, but fairly long lasting. I love it!

Loli.Goth - This is an awesome, girly scent. It's in the same vein as a few past LE's like Pink Phoenix and Strawberry Moon 2005 and even Peach Moon.... yet totally different and unique. It's soft and slightly creamy (maybe from the musk?) and doesn't smell like a mixed fruit salad at all. The dry floral of the iris and the wood notes definitely balances out the sweetness to keep it from being overly-sweet. I really love this scent. However, something about it goes a little stale and dusty on my skin after 30 minutes or so. It's only slightly "off", so I'll still wear it, but it'll be a much better scent-locket scent than skin scent for me.

This is really pretty! It is "girly" without being completely silly or frivolous. Not that there is anything wrong with a scent that has either of those qualities, this one is just a bit more mature. It really is an embodiment of a Lolita-esque, girl on the edge of womanhood type fragrance. That said, I feel quite comfortable wearing it despite the fact that I am neither Loli or Goth, so I would say it is a very wearable "girly" scent.

Wet I get a lot of strawberry, but it settles very quickly into a more complex blend. I get a hint of sweet creaminess from the pink musk and white sandalwood. And if I sniff VERY deeply I get something a bit bitter and green, which may be the raspberry leaf? No worries though, the bitterness doesn't come through in the throw at all, and even with my nose pressed against my wrist I have to work very hard to smell it. I think I'm actually glad that the bitterness is lurking there in the far background, I think it helps keep this blend from being over-the-top sweet or foody.

This is one of those rare berry scents that doesn't come across as "foody" to me. It has enough complexity that I think someone smelling it on me would say "You smell really nice!" not "You smell like strawberry jam!" Again, don't get me wrong, I do sometimes want to smell foody and deliciously edible. But I have to be in the mood. This is more of an anytime, wearable, pretty scent. I really like it!

ETA: On my skin this has moderate throw, and wears for a nice long time.

Edited by Hillary

:smilenod: Yes, a very pink scent. Strawberries and musk are strongest notes on my skin. Very sweet and candy-like. One of my favorites from Bat's Day 2010.

Girly, feminine, and playful - totally evocative of its namesake. The most prominent notes on my skin are peach and a delicate musk note; the berry notes are here and there and just tickle my nose. This scent borders on the edge of a candy scent without going over to the candy side (come over to the dark side...we have candy...hehe). It's a very wearable scent :)

This smells a lot like something I have smelled before and just can't put my finger on! It's not strawberry on me at all, nor does it come across very pink. It's more peach-like than anything. The best I can think is that it's like Josie without magnolia.

I figured it out: It smells a *lot* like Pediophobia!

Edited by Ondine

ooo! this is a bubbly pink scent! not totally candy because it has the woods and iris in it, but a super sweet girly scent that is totally up my alley!

Wahh, sooo fizzy and bubbly and fruity! Like a carbonated super sugary peach/strawberry soda! I don't smell the woods at all and just a touch of iris-it's mostly pinkness, peach and strawberry. Yum! :yum: Wood usually amps on me like crazy, but I don't really notice it here.

I am in love with this scent. It might honestly be in my top ten bpals. While I can maybe see similarities to Pink Phoenix or Velvet Unicorn, it's definitely different and unique. There's something about this that gives it a depth that makes it feel like so much more thank a pink candy/fruity scent. The peach and strawberry go together sooo well. This is love.

LOLI.GOTH

In Bottle: Sweet pink candy

On Skin: Nom nom nom... I want to eat my wrist. This is so feminine, pink and mouthwatering sweet!!! This is a candy scent for sure... these notes aren't "fresh fruit" but more their candy equivalent. The strawberry is much stronger than the peach... but they dance beautifully together. The pink musk note gives it depth and a soft velvet feel while the green note cuts through the scent keeping it from being too cutesy or cloying. The wood also gives it more dimension and stability. The iris gives it a very light perfumey quality which again keeps it from being too sweet. This is one of my favorites from the collection and bottle art is drop dead ADORABLE!! Makes me miss making me EGL outfits and head pieces. The scent does fade pretty quick so it looks like I'll be slathering and reapplying often. I will make a small spray of this too. Beth hit it out of the park for this years Bat's Day scents. Thank you Beth!!!! Light to moderate throw, short wear length.

I *love* this scent. I wasn't sure about the musk, and iris is usually sharp, perfumey, and awful on me, but this blend is awesome. It's creamy and sweet, but also clean and fresh smelling. It gives me an impression of very pale pink.

Loli.Goth smells like a creamy strawberry smoothie mixed with clean, breezy peach and a pink, girly edge from the pink musk at first. It smells like a very well-blended perfume. The drydown has the soft, dry, pale woods base to it that I love, and that makes the scent smell a bit more sophisticated to me. There's nothing sharp or cloying about it at all. I think that this is a perfect scent for spring and summer. It smells clean, feminine, and gorgeous on me. The touch of sweetness makes it wearable for me, but it's definitely not a sugar, candy, or foodie scent to me. It's not as cutesy-sweet as I thought it might be.

It sort of reminds me of Castitas bath oil (not as sweet, and more perfumey and complex) and like what I had hoped Vasilissa would smell like based on the reviews. I'm SO happy to have a bottle of this.

:wub2:

A kind fairy sent me a tester of this. On first application, it’s musky, but after awhile, it becomes mostly fruity. Mainly getting a mix of peach and strawberry. The drydown is quite lovely. I do like it a lot (although strawberry isn’t a scent that works well on me usually), but I think this will be enough for me and I won’t search out a bottle. Reminds me a bit of Josie (probably because of the peach). Very light throw. Fades quickly.

Sweet! Can easily pick out the white peach, with a hint of strawberry. Fruity scent, but nicely tempered by the pale woods. Would work well for those who are a bit afraid of smelling overly fruity.

Edited by cmjames

By far my favorite among the Bats Day decants that I received. Which was a surprise to me, as BPAL's light, fruity scents tend to be too much for me. What really makes perfume for me is its creamy quality, which I'm guessing is caused by a combination of the woods and the musk. I'm a musk girl in general, and I'm really digging it here. The strawberry and raspberry are light enough so as not to smell artificial, and the natural elements (the iris, the leaf, the woods) keep it balanced and "real," if that makes any sense. Definitely loving this, and wishing that I wasn't -- how am I ever going to track more down?

In the decant, I'm getting a really creamy strawberry peach, like if I was taking the Kasugai gummies I'm currently eating and mixed them together. On my skin, I get a faint strawberry peach floral; it's really faint on me, and there will be someone who can love this half-decant far more.

In the decant, I'm getting a really creamy strawberry peach, like if I was taking the Kasugai gummies I'm currently eating and mixed them together. On my skin, I get a faint strawberry peach floral; it's really faint on me, and there will be someone who can love this half-decant far more.

I haz her skin chemistry.

Kinda.

I agree that in the decant, I'm getting a very nice strawberry with a bit of sweet peach backing it up. On my skin, the floral comes in and mixes with the sweet fruit and makes it a floral fruit smelling thing. It reminded me of something strongly and I finally thought of what it was. Exclamation! perfume. Only 'pink'-er'. Or something. :lol:

Great for a teenage me. But not for me now.

Edited by saralaughs

Effervescent is correct! Pink, girly, and loaded with musky sweetness.

In imp and first wet: the peach and strawberry smell fresh and there's a cotton candy sweetness.

Drydown: goes sweeter and sweeter on me with a more noticeable touch of wood.

Reminds me a bit of CK's Euphoria with the way it balances sweet, musk, and wood. I said to my sweetheart "I smell like a girl!"(wrist extended). His response: "Yuckth..not interested" and he walked away without smelling it. hahaha. He'll like it later if I tell him it's a sexy lady smell. Well, I like it!

Edited by SophieCedar

This is very sweet with lots of throw on me. The peach comes to the forefront, but it's tamed slightly by something else- maybe the woods or the musk. It smells like a young teenage girl to me, probably because it smells like either BBW Plumeria or Pearberry- or maybe both. Too much like something I sprayed on after gym class in 7th grade for me to want to wear it.

In Bottle: Smells like... pink! I can mostly smell the strawberries and peach.

Wet on skin: It smells a lot like Strawberry Moon, I think. Sugary strawberry. Kinda reminds me of strawberry Bubbleyum.

Drydown (3 minutes): I don't really smell anything other than the peach and the strawberry. It's super sweet and fruity.

Drydown (5 minutes): It's a little less fruity now, I think I can smell the woodsy and flower notes a little bit now.

Overall Impression: This is a very cute scent! Sweet and fruity, with a hint of floral in the background. Very Loligoth, in my opinion.

This is very sweet and fruity but not cloying. I can smell strawberry and rasberry. Wet it has a jam quality to it. as it dries it softens and doesn't have a lot of throw but is still sweet fruit.

Edited by BuxomM

Super-sweet! This is almost candy-sweet on first sniff, bright and juicy and shiny. After a couple of minutes, it wavers into a lovely halo of pinkish fruits, tinged with musk. The peach and the strawberry sharpen each other, but one never fully dominates the other. It ends up being very light and airy, but never loses the original sweetness.