Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A lighthearted winter scent: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

♔ Pink Snowballs 2009

In the Bottle: Soft fluffy snow.

Wet: This blend smells like soft cottony and pillowy snow with perfumed rose petals pushing through. It’s very gentle and delicate, but also quite simple. The rose starts out stemmy with a hint of freshness- but still evidentially quite perfume smelling.

Drydown: No sharpness, no metallic notes, no ozone or menthol- nothing related to the normal associations of a snow scent. Just perfumed rose petals on softly perfumed, cottony linen sheets.

TL;DR: Powdery pink rose and soft, slightly sweetened snow.

Not sure what year this decant is, but it is Snow White with a bit of pink rose. Lovely, but I was expecting something a little rosier!

When I whiffed it, I was worried it was going to go playdoh on me like Hope and Love did. This one almost does that - but stops just short. It is delightfully girly, but I don't see myself wearing it because it is sooo girly. The kind of girly of playing in mom's make-up and playing at being an adult.

Caveat - this is fresh out of the mail.

I've not sniffed it before I don't have Historical comparison. its like pink vanilla liquor - but delicate and not too sweet. like very pale vanilla cherry cognac maybe?

I get only a faint hint of rose - but its really integrated with the vanilla I would never pull it out of this as a note unless you told me it was there. I guess that's the pink element.

VERY PINK! The first thing that comes to mind. In the bottle, it's very light and pretty, vanilla and pink roses. It has a very surprising wear time, and really grew on me the more time it was on my skin. The vanilla comes more to the foreground with time. I also don't feel like the vanilla is at all foody. Fluffy, pink, lovely snowballs.

I tested this two days after receiving it. In the bottle, it reminds me of Snow White, but sweeter. I must be the outlier here, but I do not get snow, rose, or vanilla here. This smells straight up like some pink liquid body wash that you get from the drug store; sweet and artificial. It did mellow over the day, and has longevity. I may retest it again after letting it settle/age for a while.

In the imp: Yep, this is the smell of the color pink. I sometimes find roses overpowering, but this is a soft, subtle, and lovely one, rounded out by some vaguely vanillic sweetness. I've never smelled Snow White (shocking, I know), so I'm afraid I can't compare the two, but if this is Snow White plus roses, sign me up!

Wet: A very soft, femme, princess-y scent - newly-opened, dewy rosebuds and a breath of non-foody vanilla. After a minute or so, the roses gain some traction and start to bloom, but this is still a very young, innocent-feeling scent.

Dry: The roses bloom and then fade, taking the vanilla with them. I'm left with...ambergris? Soft white musk? WTF? It kind of reminds me of The Forest in Winter at Sunset - this could be the same snow note. If so, it's unexpected but lovely! It's the worn-in jeans of perfumes - it's casual and understated, and just seems like I naturally smell amazing.

2009 version:

Well, I've taken my sweet time in reviewing Pink Snowballs...my bottle from 2009 has been dipped into many times over the years, and I've enjoyed wearing it over many Yule seasons. I'm happy to report that it smells just as good now (maybe even better?) than it did when I first received it. This is the snow from Snow White, with vanilla and rose, full stop. It's a fluffy pink rose vanilla cloud of perfume, and is perfect for days when I want something just like that. It reminds me of a floofy pink powderpuff on a dressing table, and the scent is reminiscent of some of the fancy lipsticks and face creams my mother had when I was a kid.

2017 version

Wet: At first this smells like a combo of Peacock Queen and Snow White. Then it sweetens quite a bit. I have been looking for a scent similar to a deodorant I love (Schmidt's Rose and Vanilla, if you must know) and also like Razor's in a Doll's House HG, and so far this is fairly close! I wish it was sweeter still though, but it's not fully dry/warmed by my skin yet

Dry: The rose comes out on top. It's actually a very red smelling rose, to me, and I find myself wishing it was sweeter, creamier, with more vanilla. Sadly this is not what I was looking/hoping for, but that being said, there is nothing bad about it at all. It's quite a lovely rose scent, just not the one I wanted.

2017 version:

A bit smoother than previous years...or maybe my nose has dulled. The rose, pink and snow notes meet evenly. I remember previous years having a zestier rose and stronger snow note. I like this one! Its cozier and more cuddly. Less explaining as to why I smell like an antique dollhouse room in grandmas house. More just nuzzly.

Snow White with extra vanilla and a more-sweet-than-sour rose note. Very pink, very sweet. Distinct enough from Snow White to be worth owning both. I really do love this one, the rose in it is very nice.

Soft, innocent, sweet and definitely pink smelling. I don't get much of a chill from it but perhaps I'm just not attuned enough to the snow note yet, I do see the strong resemblance to Snow White though. I don't mind not sensing a chill from it because it will make it all the more easy for me to carry this snowball right on into Spring. It smells like it could just as easily be the pastel pink fur of the softest, most fuzzy-wuzzy plush Easter Bunny you've ever felt. :bunnyluv:

2011 version

i feel like I don't really get roses or snow. I think it's just like cotton candy. It's very pink and sweet, but not cold or floral particularly. Dainty is a perfect word for this.

I was frimped a tester of this that doesn't specify the year. Rose can be iffy on me, but Pink Snowballs is really pretty. I'm only familiar with the Snow White note through Cotton Phoenix and Frostbittens, but my skin seems to love it. The rose is pink and sugary on me. Sweet and lighthearted but with nice wear length for a delicate scent.

2017 version

A very light scent, with rose at the fore softened by vanilla cream. The snow note it also prominent, and to my delight it is not a minty snow! Or at least the mint gets absorbed into the rose.

Frozen rose petals dusted with vanilla goodness.

Edit 2 years later: This smells EXACTLY like the paint on old carousel horses. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I'm kind of into it??

Edited by monocainsheresy

Soft crumbly snow note, vanilla with only the tiniest mint note and a touch of that almond-y note other people have described.  I used to get more rose out of this specifically but it's not a particularly heady one.  

2013 version: This is almost a gourmand, smelling of soft fluffy pink candy.  But it's not too sweet, and the florals still come through, even if it's not quite as cold as the Frostbitten scents.  I'm enjoying it, and I think it will continue to be a cheerful scent for me.

This review is for the 2009 version!

Soft vanilla snow, to me it's much like the note in Snow White, with the softest pink rose. This could sort of be a cousin to Bear Prince with a softer rose and no fur musky note. I definitely prefer this to Bear Prince however.

Beautiful and not too strongly rose or snow, I think they are blended quite well and neither one is more dominant on me. The vanilla in here is lovely and makes me think of ice cream. Of the Snowballs I have tried, this is my favorite so far.

This is my first review and I have the 2009 pink snowballs. 

wet: roses, creamy roses

Dry: still roses but the vanilla comes forward more on me after about an hour. This is very reminiscent to me of bbw rose water and ivy if you’re familiar with that scent. I love love it and will happily be on the lookout for more bottles.edit: to add this is more of a small to medium throw on me and not too overly strong. This is office friendly imo. 

Edited by Britthigdon94
Adding to put more details on wear