Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Lilith vs. the Giant Crab

Tangerine cream, benzoin, white sandalwood, white pear, tonka, and ambergris accord.

In the bottle, this smells like a musky, sweet orange citrus and something like warm salt water.

On my skin, Giant Crab does have a bit of an orange creamsicle smell, but it's very pale and not really sweet or foodie as a whole. It's like someone threw an orange creamsicle into a tub of warm salt water. It makes me fantasize about laying in a warm salt water pool on a sandy beach. Then as it dries down, something in this starts to smell oddly of suntan lotion to me. The warm water feel is very soothing, though I'm not sure that I can see myself wearing this scent.

This is clean, slightly sweet, and beachy smelling on my skin. I don't know if it's a keeper or not. I like it, but I don't really love it...

Lush lovers, my first thought was American Cream when I sniffed it initially...then it reminded me of a discontinued bubble bar by Lush I can't recall the name of. Truly sweet and fruity, but not that acidic citrus that goes all bad on me or foodie funky either. It's creamy and yummy! I think it would be awesome to make bath salts with for an outstanding soak. Love it!

I do get the orange-cream vibe everyone is talking about and it definately has an aquatic note as well.. it's really quite lovely. I am not a floral fan .. I'm a foodie and I LOVE this.

In the bottle it's extremely sweet and candy-like. It somewhat scared me. But on the skin it's just gorgeous. It's a creamy tangerine that moves quickly to the background to make some room for the other notes. I have absolutely no clue what I'm smelling, everything blends so well together but it has an aquatic feel to it.

:love!:

This is lovely in the bottle-I love the tangerine cream note-wow. So gorgeous! I mostly get the tangerine cream and the sandalwood (which I am a bit worried about since I tend to overamp woods), and something maybe like a slightly salty, aquatic note.

Hmm...this tangerine cream and the sandalwood are fighting for the front...I looooove the tangerine cream note-seriously, it is gorgeous and amazing and omg...but I'm just not digging the sandalwood, and they really seem to be 50/50 in this!

Honestly, I am so on the fence with this one-the mixture is lovely, but I just don't dig sandalwood...but that tangerine cream note is sooo nice. I will probably hold onto this for a while, and I think it is an amazing blend, I'm just not sure it's for me!

Citrus aquatic overload at first. Then this settles down into a fresh and very interesting scent. I end up with a cloud of dreamy tangerine cream hovering over my arm after a few hours :yum: Not sure if this is a keeper, but I'll hold onto it and try again later.

I was hoping for orange creamsicle... :cry2:

I have tried this twice - it goes to straight up laundry detergent on me. And stays there. Arm and Hammer powdered laundry detergent. So sad.

I don't smell any other notes, just the detergent.

On my first sniff of this I get... citrus and banana. I'm trying to figure out where the banana's coming from, and it makes me edgy. Going to apply fairly lightly, methinks.

On my skin, I get really tangy tangerine, with a creamy undertone. Like a creamsicle. Hm. I like this. And there's just a little tang of ocean, too... And it stays that way. Fades a bit fast, but, then again, I put it on pretty light. Reapplying a bit heavier and I'm getting the same flavor, which is good; I think this one's a keeper.

Edited by Venneh

Creamy tangerine, soft woodsy sandalwood and tonka. This is so amazing. I love how the sandalwood and tangerine blend together and then tonka and pear appear and it is just soft citrus with smudges of vanilla and my all time favorite sandalwood.

Edited by Schmoozy

When I was younger I had several scented erasers that never quite smelled like the thing they were supposed to be. So I'd have an orange-shaped "orange" scented eraser, for example. This scent is much like that kind of eraser. It smells "orange"-like but I think the aquatics in it are making it smell like that childhood eraser. Evocative, but ultimately not me.

Great blend. This is mostly creamy tangerine on me. It's smells a bit like candy, but isn't a foody blend (if that even makes sense). Unfortunately this fades quickly on me, otherwise, I'd hoard it like crazy.

This ended up being my FAVORITE of all the Lilith's B-day scents, and it's the last one I ended up getting (I have the other 2).

Wet it smells like creamy tangerine-vanilla bubble gum (but in the best way), then I the benzoin comes out and it's smells like a creamy tangerine American Dream (from Lush) and it's strong too. It put me in a good mood! :) Yes it does smell like the orange Mr. Sketch marker (I was using mine earlier today :blush: )

Edited by cfrancesca

This is very candy-bubblegum wet, down to the almost powdery smell some of those really sugary individually wrapped gum pieces have. Like Bubblicious, or something.

It's definitely got that tangerine citrus scent to it, as it starts to dry, but it's very soft and sweet rather than tart and juicy. It also definitely gets a vaguely salty aquatic aspect to it, like chewing orange bubble gum at the beach.

On the whole, I find it nice but very soft and a bit too candy-like for my taste.

I just received my order literally 10 minutes ago, and the first thing I tried was Lilith v. the Giant Crab.

OH MY GOD. This is everything I had hoped it would be. I had been wishing for a creamsicle scent since joining, and now I have it! In fact, it's better than creamsicle: it begins all tart and tangy, then slowly gets spicy, almost gingery, like a delicious orange spice cookie. Then, finally, just when I'm about to eat my elbow (the oil goes in my crook, since my wrists touch everything each day), it shows a hint of cream underneath all the yummy spice.

So far, I haven't been able to detect anything aquatic from it, although my left elbow, where my second application went, is far more powdery feeling than the application of the scent in my right elbow. Still, the powdery feeling makes it more creamy, rather than old ladyish.

I could huff this all day. LOVE IT.

I was expecting something foodie when I ordered this (and I love foodie!) but I was surprised when it didn't quite turn out that way on my skin. I get the tangerine cream, and it's not what I expected, but I really love it for what it is. I can't really pick apart the notes of this one very well, it's so well blended, but I think the thing that makes it less foodie for me is the ambergris, and if that's what it is then... I guess I really love ambergris! Not really a morpher on me, and the throw and wear length are both medium (which, for me, equates to a short shift at work: six and a half hours). I don't know why, but there's something classic about it to me, which I know is an odd association to have.

Wet, this is *wonderful*--sparkly orange/tangerine fizz with a slight tangy saltiness from the ambergris. So playful and bright and cheerful! Later it's a little tamer and not as citrusy whoa and I can pick up the sandalwood and tonka--barely, because this becomes pretty quiet and close to the skin. It's very cute and happy and different, though, and if it can past the test of staying on me all day it'll be bottle-worthy.

I really love this scent on me - a light, soft tangerine cream :wub2: ; it really is a very beautiful blend. However, after about 10 minutes, I can barely detect it. I am so envious of anyone who can actually get this to last on her skin!

What is that? Somewhat foody, a little spicy. It gets a little sweeter later on, with the pear and sandalwood coming up on top.

I thought I was going to love this. At the beginning, I get the tangerine creamy scent that the other reviews have talked about, but then I don't know what happens! I think my skin amps to benzoin and sandalwood and eats away the delicious citrus. I am left with this smelling a little bit like candle wax. It reminds me a lot of Summer's Last Will and Testament which I also thought I was going to love, but ended up not working on me. Sigh, off to the swaps.

To think I almost passed this one by because of the ambergris!

I really do love this blend. It is a creamy, orange and vanilla when wet, and dries to pretty much Lush's American Cream, a perfume I love. Only this one has no alcohol and I find the staying power is better than the solid that Lush sells.

A very pretty, femine musky vanilla, with a touch of orange. Me loves and must hunt some more down! :wub2:

Thia is such a beautiful blend and my favorite of the Beanday scents and the one I am hoarding. LOL

First on there is a rush of fresh tangerine and bright fruits that are sweet but not syrupy followed quickly by the slightly salty notes of the ambergris. Then as the oil continues to dry the sandlewood pops out and makes the whole blend come together. It does seem to fade fast but I have caught whiffs of this scent throughout my day and been surprised at the staying power though amused at how allusive it is...

In the bottle: Tangerine is one of my favourite fruits, and this smells just like I started to peel one.

Wet: The benzoin and ambergris are swamping all the other notes. This oil is sticky, too, just like the fruit.

The dry-down: It's all sandalwood and pear now. Where did my lovely tangerine go? This is one for the scent locket, obviously. And another morpher.

This is pure Orange Cremesicle when wet. After drying down a bit, I can catch some watery aquatic... something underneath. I can't put my finger on what it is, but it's there. I think the one decant will be enough for me. I don't see myself wearing this one too often, but when I want something summery and sweet, this will be the one I grab.

EDIT: After a few more tests, I have put this in my "Crap, I should have ordered a bottle" list. It starts off really sweet and orangey, but that fades pretty quickly for me and settles into a really warm scent. I think it's the musk, ambergris, and sandalwood mixing well with the cream scent, but whatever it is, it's AMAZING.

Edited by steelgossamer

Sniffed: This reminds me a lot of Lovers' Parodies of Sumo holds - the tangerine note is the same, very lovely. I also get a little pear and a little richness (but not so much creaminess) from the cream, and definitely the lightly sweet tonka and benzoin that this blend also shares with Lovers'. But I get the sandalwood (a tad dry & perfumey) and slightly waxy ambergris, too.

Wet: Much more sandalwood and ambergris, more cologney and masculine, although also a little sweeter - the tonka is amped and so is the benzoin to a slightly lesser degree. Still, tangerine is holding nicely and the cream note, while a little buttery, is more present. The pear is buried under everything else.

Dry: Sweeter. The pear is actually coming out a bit, and it's that 'baked pear' note from the Perilous Parlor. Tonka continues to amp as does the ambergris, which is taking on a salty/beachy aspect. Still, this blend feels overly heavy and rich - too much. It's not the light sort of citrus blend I was hoping for.

Later: The sandalwood has amped completely up, becoming very dry and woody, and combined with the salty, waxy, and now musky ambergris, this is a very masculine blend. The tangerine has faded and the pear is completely gone, but there's still a little too-rich cream and plenty of tonka. This has really turned into a cologney sort of scent, but sadly not the type I like.

Summary: Manly, but oddly perfumey woody sandalwood and musky ambergris sweetened by sickly tonka and enriched by that odd buttery creamy note. All fruit gone. Unfortunately this really amps on my skin throw-wise to the point of nauseating me. Strong throw in the later stages (yet light in the more pleasant early stages when there was still fruit, of course!), and good longevity.

:(

At first, this is citrus and sandalwood over a musky-salty aquatic base. The sandalwood dominates when wet, which I'm not crazy about - I'm hoping it mellows a bit with aging.

When it dries, though, it becomes a delicious creamy vanilla-y ambergris with a slight tinge of orange. I love it at this stage! It more than makes up for the sandalwood.