Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o’lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

In the Imp: Uber pumpkin!

Wet: Very much a 'fall-time in the kitchen' scent. It smells like baked good with pumpkin, spices and lots of sugar and butter. In fact the butter smell is rather promenent for a bit in the wet phase.

Dry: The sweetness is still there but it's not overpowering. At this stage it smells most like pumpkin and ginger cookies. The smallest hint of peach is there too. Then a little later on it starts to smell like coconut. Which is weird, since there isn't any in this blend.

Throw: Surprisingly little for such a foodie scent. For some reason I think food scents should be stronger (probably because they usually end up being such and tend towards the overwhelming on me).

Overall: I do love peach and spice and even fall-time scents, but I am not one of those that like to smell like pumpkin. While baked goods smell doesn't appeal to me either the cookie/pie smell of this one isn't too bad overall.
I think this blend would be best used as a fall-time room scent. My house would be totally yummy if I put some of this in the oil burner.

in the imp, it smells like every pumpkin scented candle at the mall.

when it hits my skin, there's a brief but glorious few seconds of buttered popcorn -- moreso than shill, even-- and finally settles down to be a cloveless pumpkin pie. light on the nutmeg, too, but probably a fair amount of ginger.....

but with a delicious, buttery crust.

overall, 6 outta 10.

probably a good layering scent under more buttery or spicy scents, to bring too-rich back down to reasonable, for those who believe in that sort of thing...

this one is pretty nice, but i was kind of disappointed because it smelled pretty much identical to pumpkin patch 4 on me, and in the bottle. which is fine- i love pp4, so it's nice to have something so similar that isn't LE. :P the pumpkin does stay a little more prominent on the dry down than pp4 does. in the bottle the buttery, foody pumpkin is ALL i can smell. but it mellows out to a rather nice pumpkiny, incensey, cidery scent when it's dry. it's pleasant, but i was hoping for something different.

At first whiff this is a musky pumpkin and nutmeg scent. I also think I smell a hint of ginger. After drydown it settles into a sweet, spicy, autumnal vanilla. It’s a really good blend just not quite “me”.

Oh Jack, my Halloween lover, my autumn knight. The most beautiful pumpkin pie, naughty enough to stick it where the sun doesn't shine. I can't wait until the leaves start falling and I can wear you again. But please, please stop making me bake. :P

In the imp: Caramel popcorn

Wet: This is not nearly as strong as some of its buttery and foody cousins, thank the maker, and the combination of pumpkin and nutmeg is more appealing than I thought it would be.

Drydown and wear: This keeps its buttery edge--I think people who like the early stages of something like Devil's Night might really find this appealing. It's a bit too autumn for me, and I don't do room scents (which might be another good use for this), so I think I shall swap the imp.

I'm glad I didn't buy the 5ml of this one, but I am glad I got an imp. In the bottle and wet on me, this scent was not pleasant at all. It was just pure pumpkin, with no spices.

Once it dried down, the spices and other notes started to come forward and it was much more balanced. It's still not my perfect pumpkin scent, but it's a start. Definately something you should try out if you're looking for an autumn scent.

Smells kind of like gluttony in the vial, same sort of " i smell like aunt jemima!" thingy. Smells kinda pumpkin esque when I put it on. But it has an odd fruity after a bit. Ends up smelling like one of those holiday air freshner.

Too bad, I like how pumpkin pie smells.

Jack: I smell like warm pumpkin bread. It's a wonderfully delicious smell but...I smell pumpkin bread and there's no pumpkin bread! Now I'm hungry. *sheepish*

Smells liek slighty dry (but warm) pumpkin bread. I was hoping for a little more pumpkin and a little less bread because I didn't want to feel like I should eat myself. It's a nice scent but I think it would give me cravings all day.

I must continue on my hunt for the perfect fall scent...

This is _exactly_ the scent of just-baked pumpkin pie - filling, pastry, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves.

Unfortunately, I _loathe_ foodie scents (so why did I try Jack? Because it was there! *grin*), and have no desire to smell like pie. Though now I want to eat some. Mmmm, pie...

I had a moment of worry that it would be like Gluttony- far too strong; way too buttery.

The butter chills out once it hits my skin and it's all things wonderful about autumn memories. Surprisingly, I get a really strong peach smell out of this, and it smells more like peach pie than anything pumpkin-ish. I will have to put this imp to good use this fall. Then I shall decide if I need to find it in larger quantities.

(I got a q-tip sniffy of this with my first group of imps and really wanted to try it then. . . and I'm just getting 'round to it!)

In the bottle: Something rich, like butter. A sharp sweet note every so often, maybe peach? Something more like potpourri than clove and nutmeg.

I got some on me, so I took a break and sat there smelling. Potpourri again, Glade Plug-ins if you smell the jelly up close? I guess I can try once more and leave it longer to see if I like smelling like 'Autumn Fresh' air freshener, but I think not.

After I washed it off and waited a while, I could still smell a bit of it. Better, more evocative of an autumn holiday. I'm going to keep it for room scent. NICE room scent for this fall, when we're having to move and unpack all our boxes right in time for Halloween.

I have to admit, when I first sniffed this in the imp, I was worried it would smell horrible on me. The scent is positively overpowering to my nose in the imp...and smelled mostly like really buttery pumpkin without any spice.

However...putting it on and giving it about 5 minutes to soak in, the scent went from nauseatingly buttery to spicy warm pumpkin bread goodness. I sighed when I realized the scent was going to work just fine.

The drier it gets on my skin, the more I can smell the amazing clove meandering through the other notes. It seems to be the most amped note in the oils on my skin, and smells kind of like a mix of pumpkin bread and sniffing my boy's clove ciggie boxes when he's not looking.

Definitely a "sleeper" scent. I'm glad I gave it a fair shot...I really love this scent. It reminds me of going to the Apple Farm in San Luis Obispo during the holiday season...that warm holiday store smell around Thanksgiving when everything is kissed with spice.

Jack-

In Bottle: Oh, GOD. Yummy creamy spice cakey VANILLA. Another "oh, please please work on my skin" in-bottle scents!

Wet: Spice and lemon blooms. A hint of the vanilla too, thank god!

Dry: (weeping) Oh, Jack. You and I are the star-crossed lovers of BPAL; on my skin you are not yummy spice cake vanilla, but instead are waxy, wan, fruity spice that becomes a little...bit...musty. Our love can never be. I shall try you on a cotton ball and see if you work as an aroma sniffer, but I'm heartbroken.

Overall: Without getting into the drama, disappointing.

In the bottle: Peaches, Pumpkin, Vanilla, spice... Mmm... I want to swim in it.

On the skin: The pumpkin warms up and becomes more prominent. The spice evens out the sweet peach and it just becomes this smooth, buttery, incredible scent.

Jack reminds me a bit of apple pie... It's so very good.

To me, this is a more buttery version of Pumpkin Patch #1. The butter dominates at first, but once dry, it smells of pumpkin and apples. It's really delicious smelling, although I do prefer my pumpkin scents with a bit more spice. I think I'll keep my imp and try layering it with some spicy goodness just to see what happens.

bottle: candy corn (even though it has none in it) and cloves.

Wet: still sweet but more pumpkin spices.

Dry: peach is coming out, not overpowering but just enough to make the pumpkin and cloves sweeter.

Definetly a halloween treat!

First on, this is sickenly buttery sweet with pumpkin pie spices. It's hard to single out the actual pumpkin note, and in general it smells like a foodie holiday candle. Dry, the butteryness tones down and I get a tart cider note- I don't think this is the peaches since the peach in other lab blends hasn't become tart on me before. It smells sorta pumpkiny, but I still get more spices than pumpkin. I can see how people would love this scent, but it is so not me. Way too foody, but it might work as a room scent.

Edited by birdiefu

In the imp, it's amazing. Creamy sweetness with a hint of spice; it reminds me vaguely of Underpants!

But on, it fades to almost nothing, and the creaminess is gone; I can smell the scent of a freshly carved pumpkin, with sugar sprinkled on it. Not at all what I wanted. I might try it as a room scent, though!

In the imp: Butterscotch, very strong

Wet: Still butterscotch. No peach or pumpkin (not even fresh pumpkin as you carve it). As it starts to dry down a bit, the clove & nutmeg pick up.

Dry: Butterscotch with clove and nutmeg. I do like this, it reminds me of Grog with the butterscotch but it doesn't turn to burnt rubber on me like that did! I'll try this in an oil burner and see if the pumpkin comes out there since it didn't really show up on my skin.

What a lovely fall scent!

Creamy pumpkin goodness with a little spice and a little sweet and everything nice! :P

in the bottle: weird. I guess it's pumpkin, but it's just really really odd. It makes me go "ew" and "mmm" in the same sniff.

wet: I get a little more "mmm" and a little less "ew" but it still strikes me as rather odd. It kind of reminds me of pumpkin bread, but maybe the baker got the proportions for the recipe just a little bit wrong?

dry: YUM! This is mostly spices, and not so much pumpkin, but the spices are really delicious on the dry down. I get a mulled cider sort of feeling, with a little bit of sweet cranberry almost? There's the obvious nutmeg and clove but the spices remain sweet and creamy... maybe it's the peach?

overall impression: This is really very yummy. It's foody, and deliciously spicy sweet. It has decent throw and only makes my tummy grumble a little :P The perfect fall scent.

A+

Edited by Natch

I love autumn and I love pumpkin scents - I thought I'd fall in love with Jack.

I do smell pumpkins and spice, but after a few minutes of wear, the pumpkin turns overly buttery and smells an awful lot like a scented candle. :P

Autumn breezes bring the sweet smell of pumpkin pie through the air. Fresh out of the oven, baked warm with love.... a little bit sweet, some spices mixed in and a caramelized peach drizzled on top.

Yum, oh, yum. I really do like Jack. Now let's get that pie cut. :P

*edited for spelling

Edited by theblackcloud