Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of warm, glowing jack o'lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

at first, I did not like jack, but now it's the first cool day here so I feel like I can review it.

when I first put jack on wet, it's like slathering melted butter on me which is a turn off. but further sniffling reveals something sweet, and I'm immediately reminded of those popcorn balls at halloween. the butter note fades quickly, thank goodness, and there is only a hint of it in the background.

next it turns into hot cinnamon candy. spicy. it must be the clove. yes, it's pure clove now.

and then the peach is amped. this is definitely going in layers, but this peach is like... peach jam or a peach danish.

finally it all swirls together for a mix of sweetness and spice. I find myself longing for more pumpkin and cream in this, but it's still satisfying.

imp: smells like yummy baking pumpkin. i think it's the peach that's making it smell extra-sweet.

wet: very spicy! the pumpkin gets a much warmer scent while the spices take center stage. i think i can still detect the peach but just for it's sweetness.

dry: alas, the pumpkin does a disappearing act... but what's left is the peach and spices! so i'm left with a super-sweet spicy perfume. i'd overlooked this blend for a while because i thought it smelled way too sweet in the imp. now that i've tried it i think it's going on the bottle list. after all, i just can't resist pumpkins.

I just got butter and fake peach from this. Not a favorite. Kind of nauseating. But the girl I swapped it to loves it.

Buttery pumpkin. Delicious in the bottle. Horrible on the skin. I don't want to smell like pumpkin pie. If you do, this is the perfect scent for you. Supposedly, guys get turned on by such odors. I won't leave mine on long enough to find out if this is true because I prefer to smell like strong swarthy musk or warm resins or pungent spices. Not pumpkins.

Bottle: Pumpkin

Wet: Sweet pumpkin with a touch of peach. I might need a big bottle of this one!

Drydown: I definitely need a bottle of this. Like really sweet pumpkin pie with a hint of fruitiness.

4.0 outta 5

I like this one because it smells edible.

I don't get pumpkin or peach, just a spicy (clove, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice), buttery smell like making a graham cracker crust for a cheescake. It is very nice, but very foody. I want to bathe in it. This is the foodiest blend I've tried yet and I'm inspired to try some more.

I may have to get a bottle for fall if I don't like the Samhain I have coming.

I decided to bust out my little imp of Jack in honor of the upcoming holiday, and boy was I really surprised at how this scent turned out. In the bottle it was all butter. As soon as it hit my skin it smelled really herby and then spicy, so I figured that was the clove. Then it became a little pumpkiny and the nutmeg came out to make it smell more like apple cider. Then for the next hour or so it was really strong peach. And I don't like peach perfume. Jack won't be coming out again.

Wet: Buttered pumpkin to my nose. "It's CANDY CORN," screams the bf, who lurves candy corn. I think that's the sweet peach talking to him.

Drydown: Butter. Baked butter pumpkin. Did I just fall into a Yankee Candle store? Tragically, my skin has absorbed anything remotely hinting of clove.

I bought this hoping it would curb my desire to try all the fall 07 goodies before they are gone. But overall, Jack is a little too foody for me. (Sorry wallet, get ready to take another hit). I do think it will make a wonderful room scent, and I may wear it a few more times just for the bf.

If you're really into foody smells, Jack is nice. It just isn't as complex (read: spicy) on me as I was hoping it would be.

I definitely get the peach note coming through rather strong when I first put this on.

However, within minutes, the peach fades and then it's pure pumpkin-nutmeg goodness! I smell like a baked pumpkin pie today! :P

Jack is soooooooo yammer-yammers! :D

In the imp: Sweet, buttery, pumpkin loooooooove...

Wet on skin: Same as above - but with peachy POW!!

Drydown: Waaaaaarm, soft, spiced pumpkin - barely there and part of my skin almost... too good to be true :P

5/5

Wet, Jack is pumpkin spice cake. Dry, he somehow changes to spiced apple. I still love it, though. I won't wear this one year-round, but it's perfect for the cooler months.

ETA: After a couple of hours, Jack went back to smelling like spiced pumpkin. I may need a bottle of this.

Edited by whiterosepetals

I just adore this! Wet it smells like pumpkin pie, but dry it settles into the clove and nutmeg, with a warm pumpkin underneath - to me, it's not so much a "pie" smell as the smell of fall. It's not too sweet, and just ideal for autumn and winter. Definitely worthy of a big bottle.

Oh Jack, how I love thee.

This was the first pumpkin scent I ever tried, and I immediately fell in love with it. Whether or not it actually smells like pumpkin, well...I'm not so sure.

For me, it starts off as a delicious, scrumptious mix of caramel popcorn and creamed sugar and butter. Then the spices emerge, and the scent becomes warmer - think cookies baking.

After a few hours, it dries down to a buttery peach scent, light and candy-like.

Yum.

This is really unusual to my nose, I've never thought of buying or wearing a scent that smells like pumpkin.

It's smells like spicy cookies when it's wet, and when it dries it goes extremely woodsy on me. It gives it a much drier scent that makes it less foody.

This was my little brothers favourite imp of mine that he smelled, so I bought him a bottle and my mum made me take it back because she couldn't bear it haha. She just doesn't understand BPAL at all bless her!!

I'd like to try the other pumpkin scents..just to see!

Buttery. Spicy. Fruity. Sweet. Foody. Not too foody though. Love it. Have a bottle. I used to wear slather it on in the morning to make english class and waking up in general more bearable. People would always sniff the air and start looking around. "Something smells reeeally good".

Edited by AmandaKay

In the bottle: Movie theater popcorn butter, ugh!

On me: DELICIOUS buttery pumpkin pie. I'm so glad I gave it a chance, I'll definitely be getting a 5 mL :P

I got this as a frimp from someone I purchased imps from, and I gotta say, I really like this for a Halloween/Autumn scent. To me it smells like pumpkin pie and candy corn. Delicious~!

In the vial: Generic spicey autumn

Wet: Ooh interesting, it rounds out and deepens immediately into warm peach cobbler with vanilla custard.

Dry: A magic pie made with thick buttery pastry and filled one minute with apple the next with peach. The clove is there alright, studding the pastry. I don't smell any pumpkin, mind.

And?...: I quite like. It has the strongest throw I've tried to date but I can't see me wearing it much. Oddly, it already feels too late in the year to wear it!

I definitely concur with the scads of people who say "buttery pumpkin" in the bottle.

On me: Possibly even better? You are sitting at the table after a delightful Thanksgiving dinner, with pumpkin pie and peach cobbler set out before you for dessert, their spicy sweet bakery scents wafting your way.

ETA: 5 hours later: 90% peach now, but still yummy. Just an echo of buttery crust and pumpkin pie spice.

One of my favorites! I need a big bottle!

Edited by voodoocat

What can I add to these reviews? This was my first BPAL order and I am hooked. Jack is absolutely edible on my skin and lasts forever. It is like walking into my grandma's home after she made pumpkin bread and I cannot quit sniffing this one. I can only hope that my 5 mL order makes it before my imp is empty!

I don’t usually like pumpkin scents so this will be an interesting one to test though I’m intrigued by the addition of peach. It’s very sweet and foody with a hint of spice, I may need to compare it with my beloved Pumpkin Queen. There is something oddly medicinal or earthy about the fragrance when I sniff it up close. Nice to sample but not essential for me. Ooh, as it dries I can smell the peach! I do prefer peach with other things though.

Another winner for me :D I'm thrilled that I've found a nice GC scent for when Pumpkin #3 runs out.

in the bottle: Holy pumpkin pie, Batman! Smells delicious and my desk area smells pumpkiny for hours after sniffing!

wet: really strong pumpkin and spices, smells amazing, but I may have put too much on for this scent

drydown: the strength mellows out and the spices come through nicely

This one is still strong 5 hours later and decent throw. My bf gives it thumbs up too, which is rare since he doesn't like much in the way of perfume.

I may end up buying a big bottle of this one. Foodie smells seem custom tailored to my body chemistry, much to my pleasure :P.

I can't for the life of me remember if I ordered an imp on this, based on some last minute whim because of the name, or if it was a freebie. The funny thing is, I never went back and read the description until after trying it a few times. After smelling this, my mind thought "Jack" as in Pirates of the Caribbean. Hence, I think of it as being really rummy, mixed with cooking spices that make it a very foody scent. What a surprise to find out that it's a really a Jack-o-lantern scent! So... I guess this is what pumpkin smells like? I had no idea!

I'm not big on foody scents and won't need a bottle. However, I've found myself reaching for this imp more than I'd have expected. For me, it's a "computer scent"-- when I'm on the computer, I'll put dabs on the top of my wrists so that I can luxuriate in scent while I'm typing. Jack is a fun scent for that. However, I'd be afraid to wear this out in public-- it's so strong and foody that I fear I'd be one of those weird people who smell like waffles.

Added--

This is a really strong scent at first. Fortunately (at least for my purposes) the bulk of it wears off rather quickly, just before it starts to overstay its welcome.

Edited by mazikeen

I love this scent madly and passionately. Sweet nutmeg and just a little clove, and that wonderful sweetness...yep, pure pumpkin pie. My husband tried to gnaw on my arm. Annoyingly, it turns very slightly to plastic over time, but not enough to scare me away. So long as I freshen it periodically, or just wear a tiny dab, I can avoid the plastic and enjoy the imp.