Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

High-Strung Daisies

Daisy, pink carnation, pink pepper, and sugar.

Candied daisies in the imp. Woah. I think I like this so far...

On my skin it is SUPER CANDIED. The overall effect is very much like a sweet bubble gum or cotton candy like scent with a light reminiscent floral. Sugar tends to amp ridiculously on me unfortunately so it has become too sweet for me and I'm pretty much getting nothing remarkably daisy-esque anymore. It's just sugar and cotton candy and bubble gum... alas too sweet for me.

This also lasts a really long time and has excellent throw!

I really thought I'd love this -- carnation & pink pepper are favourites for me -- because I was hoping it would be a good GC replacement for Pink Moon '07 (which is the carnation & phlox one...). And to be fair, it does remind me faintly of Pink Moon 07.

HOWEVER. This is way, way, WAY too sweet for me. This is almost bubblegummy, and it has a definite rock candy-ness to it that I just don't like. I don't like to smell this sweet and sugary; it's almost nauseating. It takes it some time to dry down past that initial SWEETNESS, and once it does, I do get green, peppery carnation... but I don't think this will be a bottle purchase because the bubblegum business is too much for me. I can't wait for the drydown on this one. I'll keep my imp, but that'll be that.

I guess I will have to keep hoarding my Pink Moon 07 & using it sparingly! Oh well. It was a good thought!

Vaguely floral bubble gum, which morphs over the day into something closer to candy corn. I don't adore it, but it's pleasant, and I can see myself wanting to wear this in the right mood.

Edited by lady_pandora

High-Strung Daisies

Smells like watermelon in the imp. O_o Curious.
Oohh...this is very girly! The watermelon goes away once it's on my skin. Turns into candy corn! Yum!

4 out of 5

This is a sweet, simple scent, very youthful and girly. Pink pepper always seems to give a blend a candylike feel, so it's like a mix of perfumy flowers carried on a pink candy wave.

I love this, it smells like a pink version of Boo. It's a sweet scent that is a mixture of floral elements and sugar. The carnation and daisy are both identifiable in the blend and come together perfectly. This is one of my favorite GC scents.

High-Strung Daisies - This isn't a good scent on me. I don't like the smell of daisies or carnation and pepper can be "iffy" on me, although I do like sugared blends. This one is too sweet, though, and the spiciness of the pepper and carnation are really unpleasant to me. It's got a bit of a plastic-like scent hanging around the edges, too.

Hmm! I was really interested in this, because I know that I love 3/4 of the notes -- everything except Daisy, which was the big wildcard. I think it's a winner, though if I had a bottle, I'm really not sure how often I would reach for it. I love carnation, but I'm not sure if this has enough added depth to it. It's definitely "cute," as other reviewers have mentioned, but it's also strong enough to really stay with you for the day (or at least for a long date!). It maintains the strong floral quality as it dries, but gains the addition of a very creamy scent. I think this is probably going on the bottle list, and we'll see how much I grow to love and or get bored with it over time.

Sweet light and very girly. A very pink scent in my opinon. Sweet and sugary but not in a foodie way. Lovely light floral that turns creamy on dry down and stays close to the skin.

I remember trying this one time and it was just "meh" but now I smell it and it is SUGARRRRRRR! I like sugar though. There's nothing floral at all about this on me. It is straight up sugar. This is so fun and girly. Not at all what I was expecting. Smells like rock candy. I want to lick it!

Much more sugar than expected if you're looking at the description. Fortunately I read reviews beforehand. This is lovely. sugary wild flower daisies and a touch of carnation. I don't get any pink pepper but that's good because pepper and me don't do well. Very girly!

In the imp: Sweet, almost edible-smelling… and VERY familiar. It almost reminds me of the gum I chewed when I was a kid.

Wet: Yes. Strawberry Bubblicious. How odd! (My husband says I’m nuts: “That’s definitely flowers.”) It’s got a bit of a bite from the carnation and pepper.

Drydown: The edge rounds out, and the strong sugar mellows.

Later: Sugary florals, just the way I like. But the longer I wear it, the more pinky it gets. It works for a time, but then transforms into something that doesn’t quite work for me.

this is very very sweet and floral. i think i'm getting mainly daisy and sugar with just a hint of carnation. i LOVE carnation as a note, so i was hoping for more of it in this. this reminds me of pink moon 07, but with the sweetness of daisy and pink pepper added. pink moon 07 is one of my absolute favorites, so i was hoping for a similar GC, but alas it is not meant to be. the daisy makes this much sweeter and stronger.

This smells like candy in the imp. Wet, it smells bubblegummy, light and sugary. As High-Strung Daisies is drying, I can smell the delicate spiciness from the carnations, but I really need to take a deep whiff in order to smell it. It's a fun one to try out but I wouldn't invest in a bottle of this.

High Strung Daisies

On: So pretty. Spicy, sweet, and very, very pink.

Half an hour in: This smells of carnations and ever so slightly of sugar.

2.5 hours in: Powdery sugar.

Overall: I was really excited about this one, but it just isn't very interesting on my skin.

Cute, pink, sweet. Only a little bit of soft floral. Sometimes carnation smells too "spicy" for me, but in some blends I like it a lot. This is one of the ones I like it in. Fits right in to the scent.

I don't know what daisies smell like. I mean, sure I've seen them lots. I've even had them in floral arrangements sitting on my kitchen table from time to time. But if you asked me what a daisy smells like, I'd draw a blank. It doesn't seem to be one of those flowers that has a distinguishing scent. So I have no idea if I can smell any daisy in this. But I like what I do smell.

Holy bubblegum, Batman. That’s what I smell in the imp, pink Bazooka bubblegum.

It improves once it’s on my skin, then I smell flowers and sugar, and definitely carnation too. As well as something leafy or grassy, maybe? But only briefly, and then the pink sugary stuff comes back and kinda dominates the blend. Not so much bubblegummy now, but more like...candied flower petals, or those powdery flower-flavored candies, rose or violet or whatever.

So it gains some complexity once it's on my skin, and it manages to be sugar AND flowers, not just bubblegum. It’s not entirely my cup of tea, though.

Frimp from a purchase from the almighty Amberite :wub:

In bottle: Summer in a field, carefree blue skies, candy-ish scent? Bubblegum... innocence.

On skin: Oooh decent throw. Candied floral.

Drydown: "Wow that smells good!"- comment from my brother, who isn't a big scent guy :biggrin: An almost spicy sweet grass scent comes out.

Verdict: Such a pretty, summery scent! I'd wear this with a sundress for sure. Makes me long for summer...

I've always wanted 2 have my own bottle, but with my latest test I found out that pepper is just a little 2 heavy 4 me :P

in the imp:

i got this as a frimp from a sweetheart ^___^ i'm really glad she included this because based on the scent notes, i wouldn't have gotten this myself at all. carnation is the note of death on me, and i've never been acquainted with pink pepper, so that's another risk. still, i guess anything pink ought not to be *too* bad. so here we go!

on first sniff, this blend makes me want to giggle. it's all pink pink pink! sweet, sugared daisies are peeking out to say "hello!" it's a little reminiscent of bubblegum, but there's something grounding it to keep it from getting too foody or sily. i can't wait to sprinkle this on myself.

sniffie meets skin:

i'm almost expecting the oil to turn pink, based on how pink the scent is. this is such a pretty, light floral scent.. very playful and young, this makes me feel like a little girl again! i'm starting to get a whiff of the dreaded carnations, but these are really pretty here, unlike the ones of death that i got in alice and posset's silver carnations. this is right up my alley.. i've come to discover that most blends with sugar in it can't go too wrong. i just wish that it was stronger. this is very light and subtle on me with a very mild throw. i want to dance in a pink cloud of it!

maybe the trick is that i need to slather this on more generously. otherwise, this is an adorable little blend. i'm not sure if i'll be getting a bottle of this, because there are just soooo many things on my wishlist. but we'll see!

This reminds me of Underpants (without the cream and saffron) and Loli.Goth. Very strange. It's PINK (strawberry?) and sugary but not bubblegum. I want a bottle of this to slather in the Summer.

:wub2:

Wet: Carnation, but not spicy; it’s a bit fruity. Definitely a pink scent.

First on: Very strong pink pepper! Daisies come out just a little bit, but it’s mostly carnation and pink pepper stomping all over.

Dry: Wet, sweet daisies spiced with pink pepper. Nice, but not my style.

Bottle: Carnations and pink bubble gum.

Wet on skin: Same.

After 10 minute dry down: Becomes more floral and faintly sugary (instead of bubble gum), maybe even a bit cakey.

Overall: High-Strung Daisies is carnations and sugary pink bubble gum. Girly, naïve, and sickingly sweet. I couldn’t ask for anything more. This is probably my favorite BPAL oil and I may have to buy another bottle. The only con is that the scent doesn't last long, but it seems like perfume oils have don't have much sillage/throw in general. We'll see how my feelings for this oil develop.

5 out of 5 stars.

Edited by zebracakes

Wet: I smell like I rubbed Bubble Yum on my skin :eek:

Dry down: Not even a hint of the pepper, which is disappointing. Still Bubble Yum.

Dry: Ooh! Hello pepper! I wish you weren't so faint :cry:

Verdict: I mostly get pink, super sugary bubble gum from this. I was really excited to try this, as I have a wild love for each of the notes listed, but I'm not so crazy about bubble gum. I'll retest this after a little aging and report back.