Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
asa805

Sudha Segara

Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

Came back to revise this after trying this scent once more after a long absence.

Initial Impression: I immediately smell ginger and a creamy, almost coconut-y smell

On Wet: ginger, cream, hint of spice. I'm told I smell like cinnamon and sugar after straight off after putting some on. Later I'm told I smell like ginger ale.

On Dry: This turns almost completely milky on me with just a hint of ginger and spice in the background. I almost swear I smell shea in this.

Final Impression: A light throw, but so very lovely. I'd forgotten how beautiful it was.

Rating (on a scale of 1 to 5): 3.5 Edited by erraticprophet

Imp: Kind of effervescent, like lemony seltzer.

Wet: Very light and faint. Still clean and fresh, but no real scent to it outside of a light lemony tinge.

Dry: Greener and sharper! There's nothing discernible - it's just there. I've had to put my nose very close to my wrist to sniff. There's no throw to this one at all, though it lingers faintly on my skin for several hours.

Wow...I thought I definitely reviewed this, but it looks as though I haven't yet. Anyways. I had always had it in the back of my mind to try this scent, but I never got around to ordering it, so I was ECSTATIC when I got it with my order of Alice. Instantly it became a favorite. It is a light scent, but it is a comforting scent, so lightness is great. It seems that the scent originally has a short life on my skin, but as the imp or bottle (I HAD to get a bottle of this!) blended and aged a bit over about a three week period it began to last longer and longer. This is a foody scent to me and one that is gorgeous on my skin. Smells like a milky ginger tea - very mellow and calming. Just to tell you how good it is - I am also going to have to get another bottle (or two) once I move to Arizona, so that I can make a perfume spray and a lotion with this scent. It is quite possibly my absolute favorite scent...

Applied lightly, this almost creates a sort of ginger-willow scent on me (in the best possible sense--willow leaves are lovely to me) right now. I can't tell if the milk is softening or sweetening exactly, or both. It was a gift imp (thanks!) and I like it very much--the subtlety makes it just right for my tastes.

OK, apparently I haven't written a review for this one either -- where is my brain? :P

I'm afraid I get almost nothing but freshly-chopped ginger from this. It's a pleasant smell which ginger fans will adore, but it reminds me a little too much of medicine (I used to take candied ginger or ginger tea for stomach upsets and menstrual cramps.) Just not happy associations! After the ginger fades there's a teeny-tiny hint of sweetness left behind, but nothing striking. Simply not for me, I'm afraid.

I think I'm in love with Sudha Segara, its only flaw is that it doesn't last long and doesn't have a big throw. I love the spiciness in it that comes from the ginger, mixed with the sweetness of the honey and the creaminess of the milk its perfect!. Now if I age it will that make it last longer..cause I want another bottle of it

from first sniff til after its dried this one doesn't morph much.

spicy ginger well-balanced with sweet milkiness, absolutely lovely. I want to dive into a lake of it :P

Okay, completely edited!

With dry skin:

It's not really milky to me, it's more of honey with a ginger kick, maybe a hint of almond, that I just want to bathe in. However, I can't get this to last more than an hour.

With lotioned skin:

Wet: Pure ginger.

Dry: Sweet milkiness, no ginger. Fading faster, if that's possible. *sigh*

The imp is of no good to me but the moment BPTP comes out with soap or something, I'm so buying it.

Edited by Chickie

The description for Sudha Segara sounded like something I would normally love, so I ordered an imp from the lab. I'm not sure what the problem is here, but I smell NOTHING. Not in the imp or when I slather. I almost think I smell some very faint lemons when I shove my nose in it.

Disappointing :P

Bottle: ginger, honey, cinnamon

Wet: chai, or pumpkin spice, this feels like a very autumn scent

Dry: it becomes creamy honey ginger as it dries

This is sweet and warm, comforting, reminds me a lot of chai.

Sudha Segara has great throw for me. This is unfortunate as it is also, on me, the most vile concoction I've ever put on my skin. Sooorry! Can't think of a nice way to say, 'this smells like mildewed socks lying in a puddle at the bottom of the subway tracks".

Pros: great throw

Cons: activates gag reflex

Worst part: it's just me! This smells good on other people. Rats, rats, rats!

Imp: Nutty, sweet, and maybe a bit watery. Seems nice!

Wet: Reminds me of Oblata a little bit...

Dry: This has a really nice and gentle sweet-spicy thing that I really like, but it's not doing anything special for me.

Sudha Segara

This is warm ginger cookies with milk. There is no better way for me to describe it. It's comforting and feels indulgent, like fresh baked cookies always do.

However, as it wears, it transforms into a sweet, but zesty, ginger tea.

[3 - Like] I wish it stayed in the cookie stage.

Light ginger and citrus smoothed with milk. One thing about Sudha Sigara is that it's really really light. My skin just eats it. It's refreshing, but imperceptible on my wrist. I'm going to age it a bit and see if that helps any with the throw.

Edited by AmandaKay

Bottle: Creamy Ginger

Wet: Creamy ginger with a touch of milk and honey. Maybe a hint of citrus.

Drydown: I had hoped this would be warmer than it is, but it's nice. The ginger is very tame.

3.5 outta 5

In the bottle: Bright, sharp, almost astringent, gingery, with a cool, dusty little backnote that makes me think "brick." Not smelling the milk.

Dry: Still dusty, but now sunbaked like hot dusty read earth beneath your feet and a light refreshing beverage in your hand. Quite a lot of throw, though I did put a lot on.

Conclusions - Not something I would wear every day, but keeping the imp.

I love this scent. I wish the throw was greater, but it is a soft, slightly spicy, milky scent that clings to you most of the day, altho it's so gentle only you and your lover will know. Nice one! :P

Yummy, milky, powdery ginger goodness!! This is one of my all time schnuggle scents :P Stays so close to your skin and blends in with *you*.... Yummy! Really steady wet to dry.

5/5

In the imp: Hmmm.. very dry and herbally yet creamy at the same time. Does that make any sense? I smell the ginger and the milk. Or that might be the ambrosia. Or both.

Wet: The ginger is on the forefront with the sweeter aspects underneath it. The ginger really wants to take over the spotlight, but I wish it would let the honey, milk and ambrosia share it. It's a very clean and dry scent.

Dry: This reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Like something I've smelled before, but not an oil or perfume I've smelled before. The ginger is completely taking over. I don't smell much of the other notes anymore.

Verdict: A little bit too dry and too much ginger for me. I'll probably end up experimenting with it like I do with all of the imps I didn't like (meaning, mix it with other stuff to see what happens) but I wont be using my imp straight up, sadly.

I normally like my perfume heavy with lots of throw, so I don't normally wear things like this. It smells nice on me though, sweet, but not really sweet like Dorian. The ginger goes sort of lemony on me, it smells very clean and simple. I like it, but I don't know if it will get heavy wear.

SUDHA SEGARA

This is one that I have loved for a long time. It's very uncharacteristic of my usual favorites, but I find it so gentle and comforting. The honey and milk give this a sweet vibe and yet the ginger gives it just enough kick to keep it from being too soft or too girlie. This is just so gorgeous! I think it's one that everyone should try at least once.

I liked that it smelled lemony and clean, once I remembered it's description I could pick out the note. Didn't last very long and small throw. Good to go to sleep with.

I was so excited to try this after reading the reviews, ginger is one of my all time favorite things, to smell and to eat.

Sadly, I got NO ginger from this at all. It went straight to smelling like slightly sweetened milk and then was totally gone from my skin in about 15 minutes. :P

I'll save the imp and give it one more try in about a week.

in imp: milky sweet with a bite

wet on skin: oh, this is nice. creamy, light, sweetened milk with a touch of spicy ginger. but not hot HOT ginger, just a warming sensation. like coconut milk and ginger......... kind of smells like my aunts apartment (she's from Thailand and this is what her kitchen smells like. and her hugs)

i think this will be nice and comforting, reminds me of my favorite parts of thai food...... but wait? what is that?

THROBBING MIGRAINE

ow freakin ow ow......... must get off skin NOW.

this smelled so lovely, but idk if it was the scent or not but this must come off. unfortunately now, i may hold an association of migraines to sudha segara, so i probably should hold off on retesting until i don't need to do a million and one things during the holidays.