Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
asa805

Sudha Segara

Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

Warm, sweet gingered milk! So warm and clean and comforting, like a blanket or sweater fresh out of the dryer. This is one of my favorite scents to wear to bed or to relax and unwind.

Bottle: Warm sweetness, and then ginger. No ocean of milk.

Wet: Lots of ginger, and some honey-like sweetness. No milk until I apply a lot of it -- then I get a little warmed milk.

Dry: Faint ginger.

I'm not quite getting the magic I'd hoped for in this one.

Started off a nice,light, creamy ginger and then disappeared without a trace. First blend to do a disappearing act on me.

As if I have never reviewed this! It's been a favourite since 2006. One of my go-to comfort scents. The warm creamy ginger is like a big hug when I am having a crappy day. Or like a warm glow when I am having a good day. I adore it and will always have a bottle.

This is another that I've been wanting to try, and the Lab frimped it to me in my latest order. Thanks, Labbies!

In the imp: Mostly ginger. A little honey. Rich, but a little sharp.

Wet: It smells nothing like it did in the imp. It doesn't smell like any of its listed notes either. My skin does something to this that makes it smell like a soft, sweet floral.

Dry: It smells like soap. Not soapy, just soap. Very expensive soap. That's a terrible description of something that I like so much and that registers as "pretty" to my nose. It's ultra clean, very feminine and just... calm. I could see using this as a bedtime aid or even just to help unwind after a stressful day.

Edited by Kay Torres
Aged: I've had this for about 2 1/2 years now. It has changed, but it's still just as pretty and calming. Oddly, I smell the milk now more than I ever did fresh, and it's a softer, creamier, honeyed ginger. I love it even more.

Imp: ginger-ish
Wet on me: sweet ginger-ish
Drying Down: sweet ginger milk
Dry: sweet pleasant. lovely. Happy to have tried but not something I think I would reach for. to trade.

Warm and clean and soft milk with a punch of sparkling ginger. Milk is super iffy on me but it kinda works here - still, there's a touch of plastic undertone.

I thought I wanted a bottle but after a retest I think it's a no go.

In the imp: Sweet milk and honey.

Wet: The sweet milk note jumps out to me first, and then the honey. There is a hint of the ginger, which adds some more warmth to the scent. As it sits on my skin, the honey note continues to sweeten the scent. I think this is reminiscent of a Lush product, but I can't recall which one.

Dry: Argh, I can't pinpoint what it reminds me of! Maybe it's just reminiscent of a milk and honey soap (but not Lush's Honey I Washed the Kids). It doesn't smell like soap, but I keep associating it with one. In any case, it's a milk and honey with a mild ginger note and what I think is a light floral note thrown in.

Verdict: I like this one. There are many milk and honey scents that I'd reach for before this one (Alice and My Baby and a Baby Goat come to mind), but it's nice, and I'm glad that I was able to try it. I'll be keeping my imp.

This smells absolutely delicious. It's a creamy ginger honey that's sweet, but not over the top. It's almost like a candied ginger slice. I think the milk is the weakest part in the mix, but I'm kind of okay with this. I'll happily let honey and ginger be the stars!

First a sweet-spicy ginger milk, then a sweet honey milk with a bit of ginger. Then the milk goes a little aquatic and a touch soapy, which I can live with. Then as this dries this suddenly smells exactly like the snow note from Snow White. I can see how this is going plasticky and too soapy on some people considering Snow White often does. On me, I don't mind it at all, but it's definitely an interesting morph. I'm assuming the 'Ambrosia' has the same floral as in Snow White, and perhaps some coconut milk. This is definitely the same smell, though while some people get almond in Snow White I get none of that here.

So once dry it's basically the snow from Snow White, plus some gingerbread, honey, and extra milk. Honestly I like it quite a bit, and it's definitely comforting.

In The Bottle: White ginger and a bit of honey.

Wet On Skin: Exceptionally light but with a nice spice. I was interested in trying this scent because I love spice scents, but many are too heavy for warm weather months. I may have found what I'm looking for *fingers crossed*

Dry Down: This reads to me like more of a ginger *flower* than straight ginger. I also get a light green tea kind of note (which I know, is nowhere found in the description but maybe it's the Ambrosia?) which lends itself again to making this an appealing scent for hot days.

In All: low throw, this is definitely a skin scent and a nice one for exceptionally hot days when I get tired of wearing citrus based scents. Glad I splurged on a blind bottle!

Sweet, soft, light white ginger honey. This almost turns soapy on me but something stops it from turning into straight soap on my skin - which I’m very thankful for! A blend I love using after a long day when I need to wind down. A sleepy, comforting, gentle scent that is perfect for bedtime

The primary note here is ginger, though a softened and sweetened one. There's some weird note that smells off on my skin, possibly whatever is in the "ambrosia." Fortunately, that burns off on drydown and leaves behind milky, spicy-sweet ginger. Really nice.