Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
asa805

Sudha Segara

Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

At first this scent is warm and rich on my skin. The honey note was very strong and sweet.

Sadly this went to soap-smelling in minutes. The creamy milky note was overpowered by a sharp crisp ginger/ivory soap smell.

It's pretty, but not for me.

Tea? WTF, skin! There isn't a tea note listed anywhere in this. Where do you get off making me smell like tea?

(I hate tea scents, and I love ginger. I had high hopes, which are now crushed by the big clumsy giant that is tea.)

In the bottle: Hm. Well, there's definitely ginger. Sharp and just a bit soapy to my nose. Not really what I was expecting - with the ginger and milk and honey I was thinking maybe it smelled a bit like chai.

Wet: Oh, it's like a milder version of Kumiho! Which I suppose makes sense, since the milk would calm the ginger significantly. It's definitely the same ginger note, but it works much better on me in Sudha Segara. Instead of being intensely sharp and unpleasant like in Kumiho, it's just sort of generally sharp. It would make a great spring or summer scent; it feels cool and refreshing without being citrusy at all.

Drydown: Lasts a long time, very true to the wet stage on drydown. Mostly I'm glad it doesn't go funny on me later.

This is a soft and lovely skin scent that is reminiscent on my skin to Alice and The Apothecary. in other words: it's innocent, creamy and comforting like Alice, with a gentle ginger in the Apothecary. also, the ambrosia brings this a lovely sweetness that is not sugar-like. the honey is not overly strong in this, so the honey-wary need not fear.

Quite lovely, and I'm glad I orded a bottle unsniffed. I'm not sure how often I'll wear it, but I don't think I'll swap it either. I'm betting that like Alice, i'll end up reaching for it, far more often then i expected to.

n.

Sudha Segara

in vial: a faint hint of ginger

wet: a bit stronger ginger scent

dry: gone...fades in less than 2 hours

verdict: I will use the imp but won't be buying a larger bottle

In the imp, it's very gingery. Once on the skin, it turns into very snappy ginger, but mellows out into a very creamy, gingery scent that doesn't scream "ginger!" It's not heavy, but smooth and gorgeous. I love, love, love it! :P Big bottle city...

valentina

Ahh, Sudha Segara, how I wanted to love you....

In the imp: Wow, that's ginger all right.

Wet: Yup. Ginger. And lemon, which is probably just the ginger. In fact, this smells rather like some ginger lemon herb tea I have. Yummy and bright. Rather sharp. I was expecting this to be creamier for some reason, I'm not sure why.

Dry: Fades down to a pale ginger spike, and then it's gone. Total time: about 3 hours. I was hoping to get more creaminess.

Not so impressed. Pretty but I don't want to have to bathe in it to smell it, and my skin just isn't hanging onto this one like it does most scents.

In the imp: The ginger definitely makes itself known - sharp but sweet.

On: The milky notes are a nice counterbalance to the ginger's sharpness, and I'm having a hard time smelling the honey at all. It's a light, clean, peaceful blend that sticks close to my skin - a little soapy, but in a good way. It definitely seems like a healing/purifying blend - it's having the same calming effect that Dove's Heart did for me.

This was a freebie from the Lab in one of my recent orders. Wet this is sweet citrus notes and white florals. When first on it's very light- almost no scent at all! After a couple of minutes a powdery ginger note develops. This reminds me of The White Rabbit and Honey Moon but not as sweet. This is very light on me. I was hoping for more honey and cream notes. This is okay but I decided to swap it.

One reviewer mentioned that Sudha Segara is everything she loves about Thai food, and that captures this scent perfectly. In the bottle, this is clear, and it's very light, to the point that it's hard to pin down a scent. On my skin it's coconut milk and ginger. There's a little bit of a tea note too, for some reason.

It's very comforting and delicious. I'm not sure if I'll get a bottle, but I'm definitely keeping an imp.

Oh, pretty. On me this is a very warm and sweet scent, without being sugary. Not particularly gingery, either, which is disappointing -- I keep looking for that scent that will give me a true ginger bite.

Sadly, it fades almost immediately. I put on twice as much as normal, and it was still gone within a few hours.

My pathetic minimalist nose got freshly pressed ginger root from Sudha Segara...and only that. *sigh* It was a pleasant scent, but something that brought to mind Asian food, not perfume.

It smelled beautiful in the vial - all kinds of milky sweetness with a twinge of something else (the ginger, I assume); once on me, the ginger appeared, though it remained pleasantly sweet. Definitely a comforting scent, like others have said, and fairly close to White Rabbit, only a little less sweet and with the ginger to spice things up.

It seems to last for a bit (through an hour-long trip to the gym a bit after the initial application, though by then, I could only vaguely detect it on my wrists), though I'm not sure about the throw. I couldn't tell much, although one of my friends said they noticed that something smelled nice, so there's some throw, at least. The honey got amped up quite a bit as things went on (as my skin seems wont to do, though if it's in moderation, I don't mind it as much), before drying down to a somewhat powdery scent, though with remnants of the milk and ginger from earlier. I'll need to try it again later when I'm not about to work out, but for now, it'd be nice if it lasted a wee bit longer.

I'll definitely keep the imp, though, and may even look into getting a bottle after it's used up! :P

ooh, another (of the few) honey scents i can wear! this is very faint, it seems to fade fast, which is my only complaint about it.

on my skin it smells like lemon, tea, milk and ginger. like a lighter and less sweet and cakey dorian. but it kind of gives me a similar feel to dorian.

i love this one!

I received this as a frimp from the Lab.

In the vial: honeyed ginger lusciousness!

Wet: warm, creamy ginger with a touch of sweetness and spice.

Dry: OMG, this is beautiful! Subtle, creamy exotic spices. This is a 10 ml scent. Love it!

I ordered an imp of Sudha Segara from the lab because I'm trying to find a creamy scent that doesn't overdose me on honey. Mission accomplished! This fragrance is rich, creamy and sweet, but not cloying. The ginger is very nice also, but lacks throw. I wore this to bed last night and it was perfect for getting to sleep - warm and comforting. I may buy a big bottle.

Scent in bottle: florals and a sweetness at the back that I can't really identify. I'm not smelling milk or ginger, which is more what I was hoping for.

Scent on me:

Wet -- there's the ginger! It's a nice warm sort of crystalized ginger; quite lovely.

Dry -- Warm, soothing flowers with the ginger in the background. As it dries more the milk comes out with more ginger and the flowers recede.

As a room scent this is absolutely heavenly -- the ginger and flowers are there, and the honey comes out as that wondrous sharp honey smell -- it isn't at all cloyingly sweet.

I'm so grateful I don't get any ginger from this...confused, but grateful. Ginger tends to overpower EVERY other note in a scent once it hits my skin. Instead, although I get a slight whiff of ginger from the imp, it completely disappears once I apply the oil. Sudha Segara is primarily warm milk both from the imp and on my skin. After it dries on me, the honey comes out a bit to make this sweeter and creamier, but the milk remains the top note. I never smell any ginger once this oil hits my skin (YAY). It has almost no throw on me, however, and it doesn't last for more than an hour.

I got this in a swap.

It's a light, spiced milk both in the bottle and on me. Think of a much gingerier, spicier Alice. Unfortunately my skin soaks in and devours the light, creamy scents and Sudha Segara is no exception. This disappeared on me after 15 minutes and had absolutely no throw.

I think this would be great on someone who likes a light, milky scent and is not a "scent eater" like me.

Edited by Chrysantza

In the vial: the first thing I smell is tea, buoyed up by some faint fruit, I think. Maybe a floral. It's got a little bite, whatever it is.

Wet: I know this note but can't bring the name to mind. Oh! It's similar to Van Van, giving me that same cotton mouth feeling.

Drydown: Somewhat powdery and a vague floral, though I'll be damned if I can tell which. It's not terribly offensive, but not something I need more than one of, either. I get no creamy notes at all. I'm not even sure I get ginger. How odd that this smells, to me, nothing like its description.

Very gingery when wet. As it dries, it becomes slighty fruity, and a little creamy, but the ginger stays very sharp. It is not as sweet or milky as I anticipated. It reminds me a bit of White Rabbit, but not as complex.

Sudha Segara is very light and not at all the "chai" scent I was expecting, but I love it.

In the imp, this smelled spicy and "fizzy"... sort of like Mr. Pibb or Dr. Pepper. I'm pretty certain what I'm smelling is tamarind. Once on my skin, I get a little bit of ginger, and some milk, but not cream. Mostly I smell sweetness and tamarind.

I put this on every night as part of my before-bed routine. It's a very pleasant light scent to fall asleep to. I immediately bought a bottle, and the imp will probably be gone before it arrives! :P

This is like the amazing unscented perfume, to my nose. I sniff and sniff, and get a bare hint of something. It smells a wee bit like Snow White to me. It's definitely not creamy- milk is the word. The ginger is barely noticeable to me.

I'd give this a 2 out of 5, as it's almost not there on me.

I am in love with this blend

In The Bottle it actually smells really gross. It's very strong and not nice at all.

Wet On but as soon as it touches my skin, it begins to morph into its wonderful self.

Dry This oil is so beautiful. It's calming, relaxing, and warming, without being "spicy." which is a really nice change. It's just a warm milky, creamy ginger. I just love it, and I can't stop sniffing my wrists. It's very unique. I will be buying a bottle. :P

This is a pretty, light, soft gingery scent. From the description, I was hoping for something more unusual, with some additional spices. Sudha Segara is nice enough, but doesn't wow me like I thought it would. I'll keep the imp for adding a touch of a spicy layer to other scents - but it won't last long, as I need to slather and re-apply to get any effect from this.