Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
asa805

Sudha Segara

Named after the primordial ocean of milk where Lord Vishnu reclines upon the thousand-headed Naga. Sweet milk and warm, healing ginger with a touch of golden honey and our blend of Ambrosia.

A very clean, light milky ginger. I'm getting only the slightest hint of the honey note, which is fine--I love this. It's clean, gentle, and very comforting. It's not sweet or sharp: I'm reminded of ginger tea with milk and just a touch of honey. This is the soft, calming meditation blend I'd hoped Tushmanatay would be. It fades fast and has very little throw but it's so lovely. The solution is to buy a 10ml bottle, so I can reapply often. Edited by Shollin

Frimp from a swap with originalwacky. :D

In the Imp: A warm, slightly biting pale green/white smell that reminds me, of all things, of the smell of unripe tomatoes. I can smell milk, ginger, honey, and something almost sour, in a very pleasant way. I'm not quite sure what to make of this. :P

Wet: That greeness, amplified, but also smoothed out by something tea-ish, with translucent milk notes and a touch of sweetness. Pretty! The ginger is detectable, but it's not the spicy, biting root-ginger of Siren, it's a gentle warm ginger, more like the ground spice than the whole plant. This smells a lot like Embalming Fluid and Shanghai with the brighter lemon notes removed.

Dry: It's mellowed still farther, and that first tomatoey impression is gone, leaving only hints of creamy sweet ginger tea with milk (not that it smells like milk, but more just a general milky air), and honey. It's light and clean and calming. While I think I prefer Embalming Fluid and Shanghai for personal use, this would be fantastic on my sheets, in soaps and as a sachet in my underwear drawer, as it's both yummy and extremely neutral. I might add it to the 5mL list just for that, in fact. :D

Smelled like sugared and milky tea in the vial.

On: Smells exactly like what is in the vial. I smell no ginger. This is a very subtle scent on me.

1 Hour Later: The same smell.

2+ Hours: Afer about two hours this scent is completely gone.

This scent is nice and just made me want to drink a cup of tea. Nothing really special about it to me. It would be better as a room scent to me.

I love the sharp ginger scent in the imp.

When it was wet, I was thinking, "I smell like a cup of tea with lemon." That tart lemon scent quickly changed to ginger, and I realized that I was not smelling tea, I was smelling all the stuff I put in the tea. (Evidently when I smell milk and honey and something sharp, my brain assigns "lemon" to the sharp scent, even though here it's actually ginger.) I got a big blast of ginger. I love the taste of ginger, but I don't really want to smell like ginger.

The ginger is only bold for about 15 minutes, and then it's all milky and spicy, as though someone in the next room has a big mug of chai and I'm catching wafts of it. It's the smooth creaminess underneath the ginger that I love. Honey often goes play-doh on my skin, but not in Sudha Segara. I smell delicious!

This is the first time I liked the imp sniff, didn't like it wet and thought "uh-oh", and then loved it dry. It's soft and doesn't last a long time, but actually the ginger is so strong that I'm glad it doesn't have much throw. I think this ginger could knock people over. Since it stays close, the milk and honey stick with it. I'm beginning to think Beth is brilliant.

Sadly, my review was lost with the corrupted table fiasco. So I will sum up my feelings, sans my usual review format:

Sudha Segara was not the sugary sweet, dessert smell I was expecting. In fact, it was surprisingly CLEAN smelling and crisp. I think it had a slightly masculine edge to it as well, though it would work for either gender. The ginger was rather biting in this, but toned down enough with the honey. I think it smelled kind of like if Dirty and Alice got together and had an ornery child lol. Refreshing and clean with a very very pale sweetness.

Sudha Segara is creamy and sweet with a spicy ginger kick. This scent is very warm and subtle- kind of like a spicier version of Alice. It's really pretty, but it fades very quickly on my skin.

I can barely pull out individual notes from this. The ginger is there for sure, but still very subtle. I can smell the sweetness of the milk/honey, but that’s it really. In the end this comes across as a clean, bright, andsoft scent, with jsut a hint of soapy. Its nice, but prolly not for me.

I'm sure this must have been said before, but this is LUSH's "Something Wicked..." bath melt in fragrance form.

I love it in the tub, but as a fragrance, I must pass. Too much ginger for all the time.

In the imp: ginger and citrus. Kickass.

On me, wet: buh? It vanished. I think I can smell the faintest hint of ginger...

On me, dry: ..man, that's some faint scent. My wrist is giving off the *slightest* aura of gingery citrus, but it's so faint that it's hard to be sure what notes I'm actually smelling.

Verdict: I can't even complain that it smelled bad, it just didn't smell at all. Maybe it'll work better on someone else.

This one goes really, super soapy on me. I can't really smell the milk or the honey at all, unfortunately, just bright, soapy ginger. It's not unpleasant at all, but quite clean smelling. It reminds me a bit too much of dish soap for me to keep it, but I'll find my imp a more appreciative home. Boo hoo, I had high hopes for this one!

This goes powdery on me to start with and after about an hour it dries down and becomes very milky. It lasted about 8 hours with very little throw. I can't smell the ginger, and to me Sudha Segara smells very similar to Dana O'Shee, just without the slight almond smell of Dana.

Its just far too milky/creamy for me (I hate the smell of milk!) so unfortunately it will have to go to swap

Very mild, a little milder than I like under normal circumstances, but the other night I was feeling a bit sick (stressed, bad stomach) so I put on a bunch of Sudha Segara before bed and it was just right. The ginger-milk smell is extremely soothing to mild nausea.

Such a sad monki I am.

I had really been looking forward to this one, but right out of the vial on my skin, it was too lemony. My skin is showing a tendency to totally avoid ginger if there's a citrus to start. The milk started to come through, but the honey never really showed. After about an hour, my wrists started to smell like old milk. :P

I fell in love with Sudha Segara as soon as I tried it, and it remains one of my top favorites: a warm, smooth, comforting fragrance. Not really knowing what to expect when I read the description, I'd been assuming it would be a sort of vanilla scent, but it's not as sugar-sweet as vanilla would be, really. It's simply very creamy and understated. The ginger doesn't really come out enough to make it at all sharp or crisp, at least not on me, nor does the honey ever become apparent enough to be too sweet.

It's a wonderful comfort scent, and it makes me think a little of very expensive soap - not because it smells at all soapy, but because it's the sort of scent I would imagine you could find in a really good soap, the kind you would use when you wanted to feel smooth and soft and womanly. The perfume oil has the exact same effect.

My mother fell as much in love with it as I did. I got her a 10ml bottle for her birthday, and she thinks it's wonderful.

This smells like milky lemon tea on me. I can't really pick out the honey.

It's a comforting and soothing scent, I think this would be lovely to wear to bed.

Very pretty, does not last very long on my skin though.

The scent is very comforting - the ginger is more warm and less sharp than in other blends. Unfortunately, as lovely as this blend is, it is way way too faint. It's totally gone in less than an hour. How disappointing!

SS isn't the zingy, gingery goodness that I thought it'd be, but it was a really pretty spring scent!! It was clean and wasn't too fussy, but it didn't last long at all!! Problem solved though, when I combined some SS with my body lotion, it was amazing all over! Then all I had to do was just reapply dabs of it wherever I wanted, but has a light body veil that somehow worked!

This 5mL might go faster than I thought, just because it works so well with lotion and gives a nice light scent all day long :P

Edited by purplegirl

:P I really was looking forward to this one, but the ginger was way too sharp on me. Not even after wear did it soften. This one is a definite no for me.

In the imp: Creamy ginger. It sort of reminds me of Alice, actually.

Wet: Again, sweet, creamy ginger. Very soft, a little spiced.

Drydown: I'm not too sure what happened to it, actually. One second it was there, and then the next it wasn't. My arm litterally sucked it up and there's no scent left.

Verdict: It's pretty, but because it didn't hang around too long, I think I'm going to pass this on.

in the vial:

Ginger! Sharp and gingery.

wet:

Hmmm...this is interestingly spicy and gingery and warm. Oh my God. I just realized that this smells exactly like Ale-8, a ginger-and-fruit-flavored soda that's made in Winchester, Kentucky. It's truly uncanny.

dry:

If I can get over walking around smelling like a bottle of Ale-8 (imagine ginger ale, but 10X stronger and spicier), I really like this one. It's sophisticated and warm and approachable.

season: Fall.

office-friendly? Yes.

overall:

Well, this didn't meet my hopes for another creamy soft scent, as I can't smell the milk or honey at all, but it's great in its own way. For one thing, I'll always have Sudha Segara, aka my Ale-8 in an imp, to remind me of a much beloved soda from home. For real, though - this is very nice.

I love sharp ginger smells and they love me right back.

While this was all ginger in the imp, it has settled right into being a soft, powdery sort of smell with a lightly spicy ginger kick.

The florals in this seem to behave on me, so it's a nice, light option.

I really do like it though.

It has no throw on me whatsoever, so it's more of a "hugging scent", by which I mean that someone has to be hugging you to smell it.

Great for days I don't want to be noticed until I get home with the other half.

I wonder how it would hold up added to bubble bath or body lotion base...

Sudha Segara

In the bottle:

On me: A sharp, bright scent, almost tangy. But when it dries, I don't smell anything. I will wear this and edit if need be.

This has shown me to never try anything new during my monthly time. I tried it again because I just couldn't accept my first try. And this time, oh my, utter spicy ginger! Smoothed with milk, honey and ambrosia. And to think that I almost swapped this.

Edited by cybra111

Months ago, I picked up a number of products in the Body Shop's milk line, unsniffed. When I got them home and opened them, I was disturbed to find that they smelled without exception like powdered milk; I expected them to fly up my nose if I sniffed too hard. They're still sitting on my shelves, barely touched.

Sudha Segara is what I wanted those to smell like.

It smells of deliciously smooth hot milk. It's a scent that's at once familiar and exotic, a comforting scent. It's also very soft. As such, I think this is better for a scent to wear in the comfort of home, rather than out and about.

I want to scent my linens with this, I think. Onto the big bottle list it goes!

Origin: Frimp from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Nothing in the notes looks threatening...why not?

In the Bottle: Very light...I can barely smell the honey and something is smelling like lemons.

Wet: Light and creamy, but I can barely tell it's there.

Drydown: There's a touch of honey and cream, but it's so faint that I have to smash my wrist to my nose to catch it.

Verdict: Well, my skin just eats this up and spits out the barest hint of fragrance. Hopefully it will bloom properly on someone else.

I got this as a frimp in a swap. This started out as pure lemon tea. After it dried it still retained it's citrus edge but gained a powdery milk note. It never got spicy on me.. just ..lemony. There's also a soap like note in there as well. Not to taste at all unfortunately.

Final thoughts: Milky tea with lemon.