Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

White Chocolate and Strawberry

White chocolate and strawberry.

This smells exactly like fresh, plump strawberries with a thin shell of creamy white chocolate. Beth is a genius. :yum:

This certainly smells like white chocolate and strawberries! Luckily, no plastic-y, fake smell.

I'm not sure how much I like it though, since it is a bit sweet for me. I'm so happy I got to try it though and might track down a full decant for when I need my sweet fix. :)

Okay, I'm not going to lie, the first few minutes for me were terrible. I mean, burnt pencil shavings and rotten fruits. I don't know why. I almost washed it off. BUT...

After the first few minutes this turned into strawberry milk. No kidding. You know that strawberry syrup you can buy I think it's Quick or something and you mix it into milk like you would chocolate syrup? That's this exactly. Sooooo goooood! I think I like it even more than the violet chocolate. I looooove it! :yum:

Another good one! Smells a bit sharp when I first put it on, but then after it dries it really does smell like white chocolate with strawberries. Some candy company (maybe Hershey's) a few years back put out a white chocolate with strawberries candy bar...anyway it smells just like it! I also kinda get a strawberry shake vibe off of it. Very yummy!

I just got this! :smile: I was a little worried at first because the other chocolates that I ordered did NOT go on very well.

In the bottle: OH dear. It smells very similar to the others and there is no hint of strawberry.

On me: the strawberry begins to come out and the chocolate goes from a milk choc smell to more of a creamy white chocolate. After about five minutes or so it becomes a wonderful strawberry cream, like strawberry pocky almost. I can definitely live with that.

Overall: If all the white chocolates turn out like that, I wish I had ordered more than just this one. It's a lovely creamy scent that I will be happy to wear.

Unfortunately there is no trace of the strawberry. Damn. White chocolate and nothing but. I was hoping for more strawberry than chocolate.

In Bottle: I’m really liking this white chocolate note. It’s surprisingly strong. The strawberry softens it a bit. Wet: Much as in the bottle. The strawberries beautifully compliment the white chocolate. I’m impressed by how real this smells. Dry: The strawberry ends up ascendant.

wet/in imp: white choco & strawberries!

on: GUAVA....where the heck is guava coming from...dear goddess.....must wash off as it's making me sick.

what a surprise. i was hoping to have strawberries & cream...but GUAVA!?!? WTF??? skin chemistry????

this has to go to someone who might love it and not turn it into tropical fruit

In the imp this was like creamed strawberries.

Wet it is white chocolate and strawberry.

Dry it is true to its name.

On me initially the throw is all chocolate, and the strawberry clings close to the skin. But as it wears it becomes a nuch more balanced blend.

Last week when I first tried it on, it dried down to a yummy strawberry smell... Today, it's more chocolate-y, but not as yummy. I've had a headache since shortly after putting it on :(

whoever said "pocky" is spot on - that's exactly how it smells on my skin. gross - i'm sorry i bought a bottle.

At first I don't get any white chocolate as such, just ultra sweet strawberry candy. After it dries down the white chocolate comes out and defines itself, but it still plays second fiddle to the strawberry.

While this is a 6-or-7-on-a-scale-of-10 realistic strawberry, I really didn't get much white chocolate at all. Yes, the strawberry has a sweet tooth and swallowed the white chocolate whole. This is the same strawberry as was in Strawberry Moon and ends up being SMoon's twin scent, which is no good for me. SMoon ended up giving me headaches and smelling medicinal and this is doing the same thing. Bummer. But if you love SMoon, I think you will love this too. Just don't expect to smell WC. ;)

Part of me wants to be a tough snobby critic and say that the Chocolate Box scents are all too sweet and foody or whatever but really, I cannot resist. This is so good. It's strawberry milkshakes or strawberry ice cream for me--my favorite flavor. :D The cream and sugar and cocoa butter keep it from smelling like fresh juicy strawberries, but it's so UN-plasticky and I'm in love. Wooo this is so happy and pink.

The only other strawberry scent I've got is Floating Brain ( :heart: ), which sadly has a slightly bitter/burned/plastic tinge at times (my skin is not so nice to cake), but this is perfectly edible.

Edited by MisterShrapnel

YUMMY!!!

Holy crap- this is real strawberries dipped in milk chocolate! It strongly reminds me of cream savers. Nice throw and wear length (4 hours!!!).

This smells more milk chocolately to me than bliss, milk chocolate buttercream or any other chocolates I've tried. It's not too heavy or thick- in fact it's ver light and I can see how the above reviewer said it smells a little like a strawberry milk shake becuase it's very smoothe. LOVE!!!

When I first applied this one it was such true, red, musty strawberries. The chocolate isn't strong at first, but it pushes through the berries as it wears. It does remind me of Strawberry Quik milk mix. I wish it were a little more strawberry on my skin, but I end up amping the cream/milk parts of the chocolate note pretty strongly.

This is the only strawberry blend from the Lab that I have tried, and the yum factor at the beginning makes me want to try more!

Edited by Indig0

White Chocolate and Strawberry

In the imp: milk chocolate and a hint of strawberry flavoured lollipop.

Wet on skin: now the strawberry is misbehaving…what the? It’s turning to rubber?

Dry on skin: nooooo! This smells just like white chocolate and horrid weird burnt rubber on me. it’s especially heartbreaking because I can smell true genuine white choc and strawberry in here as well! it tastes just like strawberries covered in Belgian white choc, and I mean, spot on. But then that burnt rubber gets in the way and ruins it. I have a feeling this is my cycle doing this. I need to try this one again in about a week or two. (second try-yup, no rubber. Sharp strawberry, but nothing unpleasant. It is indeed a cyclical thing.)

After a while: thankfully that weird note is gone after five minutes, and miraculously, the strawberry in here isn’t turning to sugared acid on me. it smells just like strawberries. In fact, this smells just like some chocolate I ate recently-white choc with dried strawberries. It smells almost identical to that. I am impressed at how genuine the white choc note is in here…creamy, cocoa-buttery, and sweet.

This then transforms into something even more delicious-white chocolate and strawberry ice cream! It reminds me of those ice lollies that have strawberry ice cream covered with white choc, or like the finest white chocolate and strawberry ice creams swirled together. The scent gets creamier and more chocolaty at drydown before turning to pure white choc with a touch of strawberry sugar.

Verdict: though this started on an uneasy introduction, this then transformed into my dream white chocolate and strawberry scent. This is white choc and strawberry. Pure and simple. And perfect. This is hands down my favourite of the Chocolate Box. Creamy and very authentic smelling sweet creamy white chocolate with a strawberry that, for once, behaves on my skin. I think the creamy white choc is keeping it under control. It smells good enough to eat, and the best thing about this scent? It reminds me of a wonderful ice cream I had in Sicily, one scoop of strawberry (with real fruit), one scoop of the most delicious white choc ice cream ever (it had huge chunks of chocolate in it). Oh yes, this is why I bought this scent. I am not disappointed. In fact I feel the urge to buy another bottle or two.

Emoticon rating: :wub2:

Is it a keeper? yes! I need to stockpile.

If you like this, try: Beaver Moon 07, I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain, White Choc and Sugared Violets, White Choc Marshmallow and Coconut, Bon Vivant

In the decant: more of a cocoa note, not really any strawberries at all

Wet: some chocolate, but it seems to be more like milk chocolate; there's a sharp note that might be a hint of strawberries coming through, and also a hint of a creamy note that could be the white chocolate

The dry-down: the chocolate note still seems to be somewhere between white and milk; the strawberries are coming out more -- close to what a white-and-milk-chocolate-coated strawberry ought to smell like :)

Later: a couple of hours on, the scent is still there, but faint and fading fast

Much later: three hours after the Later, and if I put my nose to my wrist, the creamy strawberries are still there. This might be a nice scent for spring or summer. May have to rethink ordering a bottle of this.

The notes that I could detect are mostly that combo between milk and white chocolate, the strawberries, and a touch of cream that is probably the white chocolate.

It's a lovely scent to be sure, and I'm glad that the strawberry note seems to be light and delicate, and doesn't turn plastic, or fake, so it's not similar to the strawberry (food) topping one finds that is totally artificial. At the same time, as much as I like this oil, it faded fast. Not really sure that it's bottle-worthy for me, but if you like white chocolate and strawberries, this is a really good but delicate oil.

I used to love white chocolate (the food), but I find now that it's really too sweet for me. I prefer a 60% dark without being too overly sweet.

Edit to add: I tried this again, and although it still seems to fade fast, I loved it more each time. So much so, that when I went to GA WC, I made off with two bottles! This is now my spring go-to oil. :D As an LE, it could be difficult and/or expensive to find later, and I have fallen in love with it that much. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

This is certainly a true-to-description perfume.

Wet on skin: Very strong white chocolate and strawberries. Both scents are true and do not smell plasticy or fake.

Dry on skin: no change.

Hour later: the scent has faded, and the strawberry note has gone a little plasticy.

Verdict: Not going to get a bottle. It's too sweet, I just wanted to try it. :)

This smelled like regular milk chocolate to me in the bottle with faraway strawberry. On me, it's strawberry preserves and cream. Fruit has a tendency to go burnt plastic on me, but this has stayed true to form.

Love! :wub2:

On me, this is milk chocolate-covered strawberries. Lots and lots of strawberries, not as much chocolate as I was expecting. Still, I love it.

This is a really lovely candy scent. The white chocolate gives it a very light, airy sugar scent, while the strawberries add just a hint of plump, juicy creaminess. It doesn't give off a whole lot of throw...it's more of a scent to be savored privately throughout the day...much like a coveted box of chocolates. :)

This initially smelled like the strawberry truffle from Godiva. I love that truffle...sweet white chocolate and sweet strawberry. Then the white chocolate turns bitter..and less sweet. And the strawberry turns kind of fake and plastic. *sigh* I wanted to love this one.

Strawberry is very hard for me. It tends to smell very 'green' and then turn kind of metallic. Very few places have strawberry that works for me so I generally stay away from them but had to try this one out.

This strawberry is almost identical to the strawberry that Isle of Eden uses, which is the repeat offender in my strawberry issues. As soon as it hit my skin, I knew it wouldn't work.

Went green, then metallic and then I washed it off. *sigh*