Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle it is a strong coffee with a hint of nutmeg.

On my skin the creaminess of the eggnog comes out with the coffee still being around.

Dry it is a nice spiced eggnog with coffee.

It is exactly what it says it is.

Thanks Beth for sharing your genius with the rest of us.

Mmmm coffeeeee. There is no universe in which there can be enough GOOD coffee scents for me. I love them. And often they are all cluttered up with syrupy booze notes that make them too candy-sweet and fakeish smelling. But coffee as a note is a guarantee that I will seek out a scent to try... I'm one of the few lucky ones who bought *not one but two* bottles of Pinched directly from the lab while it was available, just because it had coffee and I didn't really care what else was in it [although really there is almost not another scent out there with a better combination of notes for me than Pinched, but I'm not reviewing that here so I'll stop talking about it now. :D]

So when Eggnog Latte showed up at wc I was having paroxysms of anguish over how I might be able to get even enough for a test. And instead I got so amazingly lucky to swap for a bottle of it.

It is good. Really good. Uncapping it and sniffing from the bottle it's a blast of coffee, exactly how I love it. Perfect. Upon application it shifts to bring in more of the eggnog, and becomes creamier. The coffee > eggnog morph takes place steadily over the wear-length, which is distressingly short on my skin. I don't get much spice, and thankfully I don't get either the weird plastic of the first Eggnog release or the bizarre perfumeyness of the second 2007 Eggnog, which I feared might pollute my coffee joy. This one stays true and creamy, thank god. Because honestly I don't care about Eggnog. It's alllll about the coffee. :D If you love coffee this is a good one. If you just love Eggnog and not so much coffee, probably not. It's more coffee than eggnog, the eggnog really just makes it creamy.

I am quite fond of this one and will be hoarding my bottle gratefully. :P

Edited by myth

Creamy egg nog and coffee. Maybe a small splash of rum. There is just a hint of something in there that makes me think of Butter Rum Cookie.

This really is as good as it sounds. :P

Mmmm. Well, I got lucky enough to swap for a decant of this, as I am a big fan of Eggnog 2007! Eggnog Latte is pretty light and the coffee mostly disappears on the drydown, sadly. It strays into the "almost plasticky, depending on how you sniff it" realm on me. So, I like it, but thankfully, do not need to be hunting down a full bottle and will relish m y little decant of it!

Thanks to Dark Alice for the sniffie frimp of this!

Whew! Another bullet dodge here. I mean, sure I get the eggnog + coffee thing going on. It's creamy and just like eggnog with the strong coffee base --- and then it veers straight into plastic egg nog land.

Ah well... it could be worse I suppose. ;)

Egg Nog Latte

I don't get much Egg Nog from this; it's aaaaall coffee. In the bottle and wet on my wrist it's coffee. And then it dries down to burned coffee. Sadness for me but happiness for the friend who is getting the bottle.

In the vial: Coffee, cream, custard. It really does smell like eggnog latte!

Wet: Wow, mostly I'm getting nutmeg! There's the bitterness of coffee but not a lot of actual coffee scent, and there's residual egginess, but mostly this smells rather like an enjoyably spiced butter cookie, not too rich, not too overpowering. And good! I didn't expect to like it at all.

Twenty minutes: Wow, the nutmeg smell is awesome. I'm really in trouble now, because this is a super-rare and I actually like it.

One hour: Hardcore nutmeg-flavored egg custard. I don't get cream, or coffee, or anything else, just egg custard with a lot of nutmeg. And strangely, I still like it.

Two hours: Yup, still nutmeg with egg custard underneath. This makes me giggle!

Five hours: The nutmeg is much less pungent now, and I can make out more details of the custardy flavor. Still no coffee or cream, though.

I didn't expect to like this, and I'm amazed that I did. It smelled just like the custard my mother used to bake when I was a small child.

Have you ever had a real egg nog? One made with actual eggs, high quality bourbon, thick cream? Not some plastic sugar-syrup powder-based confection found in your grocer's freezer every November. But REAL Eggnog?

And a latte, with beans ground right in front of you, and farm-fresh milk?

Yeah, that is what this smells like. And the nutmeg was roasted in a pan before adding it to the mix. This is intoxicatingly good.

If only this were available as a GC, or even buy it this week or be lost forever LE, I know I'd buy at least one 5ml!

Egg Nog Latte lives up to all its promise... it smells like thick, syrupy coffee and egg nog! It's delicious and spicy. It didn't turn stinky or strange like some other cream scents do on my skin. I wish it lasted a little longer than it did, but I'm honored to have a bottle just the same.

I love bpal's Eggnog perfume oil, but this doesn't really smell anything like eggnog to me (the real thing or the perfume version). This blend is like sickly sweet, creamy coffee and a gingerbread smell in the bottle, and a sweet, icky spiced goods smell on my skin. I don't think that the oils in this one are really high quality, because they remind me of candle fragrance and soap making oils. A really sweet spiciness that gives off a 'spiced baked goods' feel. I can pick out a hint of sweet coffee if I'm looking for it, but it's mostly spices on my skin. It almost has a weird, waxy, plastic edge to it that smells very cheap and off-putting. Almost dusty and sour.

I much prefer Bah, Pinched, or Miskatonic University for a coffee scent, and bpal's regular eggnog yule LE is good for something that actually smells like eggnog.

Edited by Little Bird

Eggnog Latte - I've never been a big fan of foodie scents, and coffee scents are probably my least favorite, but I do like the way BPAL's Egg Nog scents smell in the vial (though not on my skin), so this one definitely had me curious. In the vial, it smells strongly of both coffee, sweet creamy eggnog, and a hint of spices. On my skin, the sweetness comes out even more, and I love the way the coffee and eggnog blend together on my skin. But then, after a couple of minutes, it turns plasticky and after a couple minutes more, it disappears. It would make a great oil burner scent, though!

It really is the scent of a coffee shop at the holidays.

Bottle: rich, dark coffee lightly sweetened with egg nog cream.

Wet: the coffee and creamer strike a balance of delicious intensity.

Dry down: sweet vanilla with a hint off holiday coffee in the background.

I'm not much of a coffee scent person, but this is awesome! Perfect to wear for cold, rainy weather. The dry down also lasts for a good while.

Eggnog Latte

In the imp: sweet coffee. A bit like Pinched, but slightly more bitter.

Wet on skin: coffee, but now this sweetens as the spiced and creamy eggnog comes through.

Dry on skin: roasted and bitter coffee contrasts with a sweet spicy creamy background. This is really nice. It does indeed remind me of an eggnog latte from Starbucks. The coffee is the strongest note but I’d say this was a little more bitter and dry than the coffee in Pinched and Misk U? the eggnog is a little richer, more vanilla-scented and oddly, a little more dry in scent than the Egg Nog Yule LE. It does lean towards smelling a bit like marshmallow like Egg Nog did, but it is also more cinnamon-y. there’s a slightly burnt smell here too? I have a feeling my skin will do bad things to this scent, as it smells a little cloying and there’s a weird undertone to the coffee.

After a while: this now smells like a smush between Pinched and Misk U. it has the creamy and spicy aspects of Pinched with the caramel coffee of Misk U, with a hint of something dry that reminds me of both the tobacco in Pinched and the dusty books in Misk U. however, I’m not sure I like this much? The sweetness is a little too cloying and sickly for me. there’s a caramelised aspect (maybe a rum component) that isn’t really working for me. I do prefer Pinched because of it’s non-gourmand notes.

Verdict: this starts off smelling like a gorgeous eggnog latte, just as the name implies! It’s got a really nice balance of bitter roasted coffee with creamy sweet spicy notes. It’s less sticky and sweet than Misk U, and for a while it strikes the right balance of sweet and creamy with coffee. But then the sweet creamy eggnog amps up and it smells a little too foody for me-something about the eggnog note turns strange on me. I think this would make a wonderful room scent though-I’m just glad I don’t love this and don’t feel the need to track down more!

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? it’s not bad but I have other coffee scents I prefer.

Sniffed: Creamy coffee and a little bit of eggy egg nog. Light hints of buttery rum and nutmeg. Just the right amount of sweetnesss. Really delicious smelling!

Wet: Latte, one that's rather sweet - maybe with vanilla syrup. The egg in here is almost sort of buttery (?), and merges with the general intensely rich creaminess of the scent.

Dry: Much less sweet, and even more buttery. But not like tonka or typical buttery notes. This is buttered toast, with creamy coffee on the side. It's like I'm eating them together. The nutmeg emerges a little bit, but it's still very mild, more of an accent than an actual spicy presence.

Later: The coffee has faded greatly, almost entirely - within minutes - and has morphed, too. It's going stale on my skin, and now it sort of reminds me of how flavoured coffee smells (one my most hated smells), or how cheap coffee-flavoured candy tastes - even though this isn't sweet.

Summary: Stale, faint coffee with fake creamer, a dash of nutmeg, and buttered toast. Emphasis on the buttered toast. It does remain creamy, though not as intensely as it was initially. It's not unpleasant unless I sniff closely, but it's strange. Low throw & fades rapidly.

Edited by fairnymph

Yep - egg nog and coffee, that it is! I like this much better than Egg Nog '07, there's a nutmeg-kinda vibe to this, and a lovely creaminess, that makes this yummier. It doesn't last long on my skin though, and goes slightly soapy, but the coffee sticks around :smile:

This is, as others have pointed out, a combination of Misk U and Egg Nog. Unlike Egg Nog, which can go plastic on me, this one does not. It stays the same on my skin for a very long time, but after a few hours, I get a very slight, funny bitter note. If a waitress asked, I'd add a smidge more coffee, but it's lovely, has great throw and lasts for ages. And the bottle is just beautiful--one of my faves.

Like Bah without the whiskey note that made that scent slightly bitter. I can also definitely pick up on the Egg Nog aspect of it. So, Bah plus Egg Nog minus whiskey! Unfortunately very light and fleeting on my skin, much like Egg Nog 2007. Pretty, but I think I will stick to Bah for my go-to coffee scent.

I don't get eggnog. It's a slightly sweet and barely spicy and creamy coffee. I can't do bpal coffee notes.

Edited by BuxomM

Mmmmmmm! Now I really want an Egg Nog Latte!! This scent doesn't change much from the bottle to the skin for me. It smells wonderful, but sadly I would rather be drinking it than wearing it...

First sniff is strong brewed coffee with yummy creamy eggnog underneath. This hits the skin and the coffee isn't as strong as in when wet, but it is still a great focus in the scent, and a lovely creamy and buttery vanilla comes out and shows itself. It smells somewhat like a continental store when wet, the big hessian bags of coffee and spices, with various sweets and treats scattered about the place. It's a reasonably medium amount of sweet spices, not too heavy, not too light. Lovely sweet nutmeg can be found floating on the top of the deliciousness. It has a great coffee liquor scent about it too. I must admit I do love coffee scents, but even if I wasn't batty about them, I think I'd still like this for the other notes present here. It does smell a lot more like eggnog in the wet stages, but the drydown is equally delicious for all the other elements. Strangely and fortunately this has not gone plasticy like the Yule Eggnogs of previous years, and it hasn't disappeared like those are apt to do fairly quickly on my skin. So for that, I'm really grateful that I do get to enjoy the eggnog part of it without it conking out or going weird. Very delicious.

In the imp, I get a pretty even mix of coffee and egg nog, with spices. Mmm. On my skin, it's pretty much coffee and spices and a hint of the egg nog underneath. I'm liking this on the one wrist so far, going to give it the full skin test soonish to see if I like it as much as I think I do. In a fuller skin test, and with comparison to Mother Shub's Spiced Lait de Chevre, both are similar, and I like the latter better than the former, so I'll be passing this on.

Edited by Venneh

Wet, this is sickly sweet, cloying heavy cream egg nog with coffee. This reminds me of Gluttony at this stage. As it dries, the sweetness tempers and a lovely, soft, spicy milky (in a good way now!) comes out. Now, this reminds me a bit Lait de Chevre and Lush's Snowcake. It seems to have the muted lovely spices of both those blends, and to a lesser extent Dana O'Shea. After a bit, the spices amp. I wish they wouldn't. :evil: The spices dominate now. I think it's nutmeg and maybe a bit of cinnamon. Still lovely, but I liked the 'Snowcake' phase better. Now it is more foody. Truly a morpher, this one, and I'm so glad that someone was kind enough to frimp me this little gem. If the spices continue to dominate, I'll pull it out during the fall/winter months.

Okay, consider this my first review since I think I did one but didn't finish it.

On initial application, the first I smelled was COFFEE! But not normal coffee, no more like a well-rounded, french coffee. Then, I smell a lot of brown sugar and eggs. It's not really boozy, as I did expect it to be, but more like.. brown sugar and eggs?icon_wink.gif

It's now about 15 minutes after application, and it fades pretty quickly on me. I do still detect the coffee, but it doesn't scream anymore, the eggnog has taken in!

I do not expect this to be a scent that lastst, as I feel like comparing it to EggNog, which also lasts for just a few hours.

Now, it's about three hours after application. It smells better and stronger than I expected. I still can sniff it clearly, and now the sugar/eggs and the coffee have balanced out. Pretty yummy, but I don't know if I would hunt down a bottle. But maybe, if I bump into one.. I never say never!

Final verdict: 7/10

Edited by Babypopje

I was dying to try this because although I love the scent of Egg Nog, BPAL's Egg Nog perfume smells like plastic on me. I've tried different years, and yeah... all plastic. But! COFFEE?!? Maybe if you add coffee, a note I usually love, that would cover up the plastic smell and make it wearable for me!?!?

Uhhh, no. :(

This is better than just plain Egg Nog, and I do love the coffee note, but I can still smell the plastic.

Dammit.

You guys who can wear this one better be wearing it when you're out and about so people like me can enjoy it!

This is simply BPAL's yummy Eggnog scent with a touch of coffee. It was delicious and mouthwatering when applied, but sadly once it dried on my skin it disapeared! Regular Eggnog didn't last on my skin either so I guess it was the same with this one. I really love the spices in BPAL's Eggnog scents I just wish they lasted longer and had some throw. :(