Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Delirium

Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

A morpher. Wet it's all bright, happy lemon, then a creamy, almost buttery rose comes forward and takes over. Then the apples come out in the drydown so I'm left with a fresh green apple with a hint of rose. I like this a lot and it makes me want to get out my Sandman comics.

At first I could smell the lemon, and something else, I think the rose. I liked it somewhat and then put it on. Once on it turned to soap :P In to the trading pot it goes.

The notes actually blend together a LOT better than I expected. It reminds me of the hair salon. Fruity, sweet and a bit chemical. I like it, but its a little too bright for me.

this was a very light summery scent that reminded me of something but i never quite worked out what. it had light throw and medium staying power and didn't morph at all. Quite nice just not my thing.

I was just reflecting on how simple some of the older blends were. I have to say, I'm more into some of the newer, more complex, more exotic blends. Delirium is very different-- one would not call it a subtle blend; it's as blunt as they come. The three notes are all sweet and very present. I actually do think they blend together, rather than fight for attention, into a lemony-apply rose. It's actually rather similar to Rose Red, since I'm one of those people who smells apples in Rose Red. But it's much simpler. It reminds me of a scratch'n'sniff I had as a kid that included a rose as one of the scents. It's a scent that makes me feel childishly happy.

And it also kinda smells like shampoo.

This is very nice. It wobbles somewhat between apple and rose, rose and apple. I'm not getting any lemon at all.

This was a frimp from the lab (THANKS!) and it was one I'd been eager to try. Yay!

The effect is similar to that of Victoriana soap that you get in overly fussy knicknack shops. Thus, I will not be making the jump to a big bottle.

Or will I? :P

i can't decide if this smells like a balsam-and-protein type shampoo or some kind of generic pink liquid soap or possibly cleaning solution. at first i didn't like it, then after about five minutes it turned into a lovely apple-rose/rose-apple scent, but then it finally settled into a lemony-soap. and, strangely, made me start to itch. :P

Imp: Fruit and floral

Wet: wtf peach? Oh wait that's apple.

Drydown: And the slow creep of rose begins. BUT it's not eating my arm like so many other rose scents do. The apple is still hanging in there.

Overall: For once, rose is actually playing nice with other notes. I'm not getting the lemon, but the apple is definitely blended in. It's actually quite nice and I wouldn't mind smelling like this for a few hours. But in the end the question is if I would wear it frequently and the answer to that is 'no.' I'm not even 25 yet and this scent seems young, even for me. It's bright, bubbly, and clean, just not my style.

Initially on, this is an apple, maybe apple-blossomy scent. It's tart, with some slightly powdery floral to it.

As it dries down, I can smell lemon and apples--just like a Granny Smith apple, sliced and brushed with lemon juice to keep it from oxidizing!

For the next couple hours, it continues to be a straight apple scent, tart and green, then it starts to lose some of the sweet-tart quality that makes it initially seem so fresh and zingy.

In its later stages, it turns from apples to apple shampoo. There's an apple-herbal quality to this that is a little surprising. It's a nice scent, a clean scent, but quite strong, and makes me keep thinking I just washed my hair! Not sure what I think at this point…

Recaplet: Apples and lemon that turn into apple shampoo.

My rating: 2 of 5 (Meh.)

Color Impression: Yellow-green like Granny Smiths.

No. Just no. Its a shame too. I really wanted to like this one, thinking that the apples and lemons would brighten up the rose for me (florals are not really my thing usually). It seemed like it would work while wet, but when it started to meld into my skin, I started to think it was getting soapy. And then about ten minutes after putting it on, I smelled like I was washing dishes after dinner.

Pink, floral dish washing liquid, as another poster said.

Not what I want to smell like.

Edit after five weeks: I let this one hang out in my desk drawer with my other imps, and decided to give it another shot because I noticed that the rest of the oils had changed their scents a bit. I just put this on my elbow and it's rather lovely, although it's doing that pink dish washing thing just a little bit, still. It's a very sharp lemon I'm getting, and the rose is backing up after it. The apple is coming out as green apple, and its contributing to the sharpness of the lemon as well. It's very different and good for spring, this time of year.

Edited by Banyangirl

I wore Rose Red earlier today and was thinking that it smells like snowy, lemony roses. Which made me pull out Delerium and swipe a bit of that on to compare. Delerium is actually almost nicer. Softer, less perfumey and sharp, and the apple? Well... I love apple, there's nothing more I can say about that.

Delerium starts off quite lemony and kind of green apple-ish, but give it a chance to settle and a delicate apple-rose develops, with the citrus just hovering about, adding sparkle. It's so pretty and bright, very cheerful. It doesn't last too long, but the throw was fairly decent while it did live on my skin.

Delerium is also a decent substitute for Rose Red; they're not the same, but they have the same overall feeling. In my opinion, anyway.

I got mostly apples and rose with a little bite of lemon to round the whole scent off. I like this one, simple, sweet and fruity. I love how the apple and the rose mix together. It makes me think of ripe, red apples in a basket with some fresh picked roses. After about an hour, the lemon disappears and the rose starts to overpower the apple. I still love it though, and absolutely adore this scent. I can sit here and let it waft around all day. Unfortunately, it doesn't have very good lasting power on me and fades after two hours so maybe next time, I'll apply more liberally.

Bubbly is right! This smells like an incredibly fizzy, fruity, rosy brew. I love it...and then after a few minutes it starts smelling like chlorine on me (the lemon?). Luckily that phase is brief! Because this would be such a fun, pretty blend for summer.

In the imp: This is the only blend that I have smelled where I can pick out each note and I love it.

On me: the lemon dies away briefly, letting the rose and apple flourish. This doesn't last long though as it comes back and blends with the rose. The apple disappears completely, but this is expected as that is what happens with all the apple blends I have tried.

Overall: I like this and I might get a bottle of this in the future. It's a light scent and would be wonderful for summer.

Hubby and I were both sick last night so I needed something a little "pick me up" This sounded like the right scent for that.

In bottle: I get a lot of rose, citrusy rose. Not bad.

Wet: Roses and Lemon... this is a nice combination I woulnt have thought of, but the lemon doesnt stay long, and I dont get the apple at all.

Drydown: Pure roses, A nice rose smell, but not what I was looking for to help quell the sick today. This would be perfect most other days, just a perfect single note rose.

In the imp: Very good blend. I can smell apple, lemon, and rose! Very pleasant.

Wet: Apple. Smells exactly like Eve did on me. Really heavy apple. No, apple blossom.

Dry: Fading quickly, but I'm a little glad. No rose and no lemon. All apple blossom is nt good for me.

Overall: I was hoping for more rose and lemon, but all i got was apple. And as much as i would like to, I don't really like the smell of apple. Maybe in my oil burner, but not on me.

Wet on my skin, this smells like apples. As it dries down a bit, I do get some of the rose as well. I never really smell the lemon in this one. Bit of a shame since I love lemon scents. But overall, I do like this one. Apples and roses make an interesting combination and I do reach for this scent a lot.

apples and lemons with a smidge of rose that catches up sceonds after the inital apples and lemons sniff.

If only the rose or, even better, the apple came through more here :( Instead it's just a mish-mash sweet scent that smells like a nice shampoo or soap. Rats!

I get the fruit here a lot more strongly than I get the rose. It's an ebullient fragrance on me, rather than a delirious one.

Sweet fresh soapy sccent. Very nice, just not my kind of scent.

Trade bag, as this will quickly find a happy and beloved home.

This smells like lemon pledge at first, but then quickly the lemon turns into a dusty rose lemon. It turned into this floral clean fresh light airy sort of thing. Somehow the apple got lost on me.

It's very clean-sheets kind of vibe, but a tad too floral-y amp'dness. Roses don't tend to go "powdery" on me, but I'm picky with my florals so I guess it was bound to happen eventually. It's nice, but nothing that amazes me. It had nice throw, and lasted for most of the day, though. Uncommon for lighter scents.

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

I like this a lot. Apple and rose make a good combination, whatever lemon might be in there is so subdued I don't notice it. Sniffing it makes me feel heady..<3 the character Delirium.

In the imp: Lemon! That's all I can smell at the moment! :D

Wet: Oh dear, this has gone terribly soapy already! And very rosy, darn my skin. It reminds me a lot of the smell at my Grandma's old house. It's what her room used to smell like. A bit old-fashioned on me.

Fruit infused rose, not a matronly rose at all. This is young and playful and bright. After a day, it smelt a little like rotten apples, but by then it might be my scent imposing on it.