Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Delirium

Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

Lemons and apples! Whoa... odd combination.

Very pretty scent, but nothing I can see my self EVER desiring to wear. Fruit notes and I don't blend well together.

This one is going in the swap pile.

Delirium.jpg

In the imp I get lemon and soap.

As soon as I apply some I get hideous childhood Cinderella-ish flashbacks of Lemon PineSol and Pledge.

And I know there's apple in it... and I'm searching vainly for it but coming up with nothing but... lemons. I catch a delicate rose in there as well... a lighter white tea rose scent as opposed to the oodles of ripe red roses that I'm normally drawn to though.

After half an hour this has settled into rose finally. I catch a whiff of some tartness in the background... is it misplaced lemon? Or maybe a greener apple? We may never know.

This is definitely a lighter, more summery scent as other posters have commented. I will be saving this imp to try again with the warmer weather. It's fun and flirty and perfect for a spring picnic.

Delirium to me is a lot like Desire Light. I love Desire and this is very similar in top notes without the depth of the teak and patchouli of Desire. I find Desire to be more exctiting but if that blend was a little too heavy for you, you might like this one. It's nice :P .

In the bottle: a very light scent, with a hint of rose and apple, bot slightly sharp

Wet: The lemon comes out... hm, smells a bit artificial, with a rosy afterscent. Washing up liquid, anyone? The rose starts coming out afterwards, but it smells a bit "off", I'm not sure it's getting along with the lemon all that well. Fortunately, this doesn't last very long.

Drydown: My mother smelled this and said "Apple Blossom", as in the Helena Rubinstein perfume (which I don't know). It actually smells faintly of apple, a bit of bark, and a very pale tea rose, with a slight sharpness of lemon. There's a mustiness to it, and I end up equating it with a summery stay in an English country home that has drawers with paper liners smelling like this. There's a homey, slightly old-fashioned side to this.

Overall: Funny, I don't see the delirium at all, it's not silly, I find it pretty grounded. It reminds me of England - those who mention Turkish Delight are dead on, down to the powdery coating. It smells pretty, but I don't like it all that much on me... makes me think that I'm a drawer liner rather than a person. I think I'll probably give it to my Mum.

Edited by Meg

This doesn't really smell on me like what most other reviews describe. At first I thought maybe my imp was mislabeled but then I saw another review that mentioned a soapy kind of scent - and that's what I got - a very clean, soft, soapy scent that hung around for a really long time today. A very skin-scented scent, if that makes any sense at all. Toward the end, I did notice a slight hint of something citrus but it was still mostly a very clean, crisp yet warm scent. It's the kind of thing I like to smell when I get close to someone - I would love it if my husband smelled like this. *adds Delirium to big bottle wishlist*

Knowing nothing about Delirium, I put a touch of it on the back of my hand and took a whiff. Fabulous honeysuckle! Wow. But those top notes can confoozle me, because a couple of minutes later, that sweet, late-afternoon sunshine smell was gone. I groped to place the odor, and came up with a spray room-freshener, from back in the day when the ozone layer was too far away to care about.

I checked the description, and was pretty surprised to find Delirium combines lemon, apple, and rose. I can't detect either apples or lemons, which is a shame because I adore both. I need to let it settle for an hour and see what develops, maybe get a second opinion.

For a moment, I thought I'd found another love-of-my-life oil. It's definitely earned a couple of second chances.

Wow. This was a frimp I got and tried just today. It smells like soap!!! It doesn't smell soapy, per se, but like a bar of soap. Deoderant bar soap, me thinks, the kind men use. It just smells clean, at least that's how it reacts with my skin--cleanly washed skin. :P My gosh, I wish I could get my husband to wear this! I don't get apples or rose at all, maybe some lemon, but mainly, just soap. It's fabulous.

Oh, yum! This reminds me a lot of Eve, another favorite.

At first, lemon! Unfortunately, that note fades quickly, leaving me with rose and a sharp apple scent. (It smells more like apple blossom than apple fruit to me.)

This is very lovely. I wish the lemon would stick around a bit more, but I still may get a bottle of this someday.

I had such high hopes for Delirium. I looove Beth's roses, I enjoy apple and (I thought) I really like lemon. Delirium is all lemon when it goes on and then within 10 minutes goes really soapy on me. I don't have the soap problem with my rose blends, so I can only assume it's the lemon that's doing this to me. Delirium is very light with little throw - it's pretty much gone on me within an hour.

I love the smell of Roses but any type of rose note goes powder/playdough on me.

In the bottle: Yum! Lemon, fresh apples and just cut roses.

Wet: exactly like in the bottle - I am blown over by how fresh every thing smells

Dry down: :P here comes the rose dry down yuk. Oh! how sad I am. Goes to powder in about 3 minutes on me.

Conclusion - if you can wear roses, this is definitely a must try for you. If this could have stayed true on my skin, this would have been a 10ML purchase for me. Maybe Beth could make this with Lilac or Geranium instead of roses.

Delirium is definitely merry... and mad! At first the smell of apples and lemon dominated (mmm). Not an unheard of combination for me because I know some people who dip/brush lemon juice over freshly cut fruit to keep it from turning brown (I don't do this though). And then in another few seconds, the rose makes itself known. It quickly pushes the other two aside... Now it's not so merry or mad, but just another rose scent with a faint citrus undertone.

LEMON!!!!

Apples...but mostly...LEMON.

I like a lil bit o lemon....

But this turned into lemon scented cleaner of some kind on me.

Off to swap-ville.

In The Bottle Roses!! Ick. Me and roses don't get along, they always smell like soap on me.

Wet Still rosey, but now with sharp, clear, sour, tangy lemon, yum!

Dry as it first dried it smelled like rose but with Lemon Cake, and I loved it!! Sadly, on minutes later, it turned to mostly rose. Damn. Oh well. I think I'll keep the imp, but it doesn't smell like Lush's Amandopando on me the way I hoped it would. And I never smelled the apple.

ETA: After wearing it for a little while longer (and slathering a bit more on!) It DOES smell like Amandopondo/Ring Of Roses from Lush!! Mmmm. I'm liking this a lot more. I may need a bottle.

Edited by Lizzie

In imp and on, wet: Yum. A lush bouquet of creamy roses and a few other unidentified flowers.

Near drydown: Lemon has come out to play, but rose is always there.

Once in a while, I get a whiff of something funky - like a bouquet of cut flowers in a vase that's starting to go bad.

Far drydown: Lemony-rose goodness. I never smelled a distinctly apple note, but I'm sure that's what's making this smell creamy.

When Delirium is good, it's very, very good, and when it is bad it is horrid. But, it's mostly very, very good.

In Bottle: Lemon

On Skin: Bright lemon sweetened by a juicy apple. The rose is also tart, but is such a nice partner to the lemon. I would have never thought of a combination like this and it is quite interesting. First off, this is a GREAT “wake-me-up” scent. It literally zings! The fruits are so wet and juicy I want to drink my wrist. It smells like drinking an apple-lemonade on the porch with beautiful roses blooming all around you. A wonderful spring or summer scent.

I got into bed and my boyfriend said "I smell flowers" (not a good thing)

I said "That's better than smelling poop!"

"Are those my only two choices?"

I liked it though. Even though it just got flowerier and flowerier, and I'm not too into florals either. But I kept snuffling my wrists during the night. And I didn't get a headache from doing so, so that's a plus.

I guess the fruitiness offsets the flowers just right.

Further comments from man: "It smells like air freshener in a bathroom. Like flowery Glade air freshner."

I guess even though I like it, I probably shouldn't get a bottle of it.

When I first tried delirium, I smelled rootbeer or fennel or something of that nature when it was wet on my skin. :P

That was earlier....now it's all lemony rose. Not something for me. Reminds me of households cleaners, or something of that nature.

I got a little apple and lemon on first application, but it immediatly morped to rose. A soft, utterly lovely rose. That stayed for hours. Truly a beautiful rose.

I don't like smelling like rose.

I can fully appreciate it's a great rose perfume, but it's not *me*. Even asked myself if it could be me and I've just been resisting florals all this time because I hadn't found the right one, and, nope, still not me.

Oh, well. Kudos to the Lab for this scent, though. :P

I had high hopes for this because I love apples and lemon but alas it instantly turned into soapy lemon and rose on my skin and I didn't keep it on long enough to see if it morphed because it was making me queasy. Sometimes skin chemistry is just the oddest thing.

This smelled like cleaning product for the first 30 seconds or so, but moments later it is WONDERFUL and stays wonderful. Sweet and feminine and fresh.

I smell rose the most, and then the lemon and apple in equal parts and they are very smoothly meshed. I am finding that I adore Bpal's rose scents, and they work well with my skin.

:P

First Impression: A voluptuous floral.

Dries down to: Floral confetti - no green parts at all - just petals; then, it becomes identifiable as rose.

Additional Comments: This is an interesting one. Rose will amp up on me 95% of the time. In this one, I can't recognize the apple or lemon at all but they're doing a good job of keeping the rose hidden, at least, for a while. Of course, it works its way out in the end and overpowers everything else.

Lasted: Overnight

Rating: 2 out of 5

In the bottle: Very grandmother’s-perfume. Reminds me of Ophelia. I’m wary.

On me: Mmm, this is way better now. Light and sweet. I get the same sugar as in Snake Oil and Penny Dreadful, but a lot less of it, and this is also fruity and floral on top. It’s still kind of perfume-y though.

Later: This doesn’t seem to be doing much except slowly fading. The sugar is gone, though. It’s basically just perfume. A nice perfume, for perfume, but not for me—not when I have such options as Persephone and White Rabbit!

Second try: I’m not getting any sugar or fruity this time, just perfume. How disappointing.

In the imp: Predominantly a floral sharpened by lemon... for a second I was thinking geranium, but that's definitely not it. It's lemon at second whiff.

Wet: Ok, geranium again - which makes no sense. It's a sharp floral, no lemon, no rose.

Drydown: My chemistry is off this week, totally. Floral and vanilla below that. It's got a creamy white base to it which I would appreciate, were it not so overtly flowery.

Verdict: It's definitely an interesting blend, but its just not me. :P

In the imp: Lemon- which always reminds me of cleaning supplies.

On me: Very perfumey (it's that dang rose) with a hint of cleaning supplies. Like your grandmother after she's been scrubbing the floor.

Dry: Generic perfume scent. Rose always does this to me...

Flowers, flowers everywhere! It was floral in the bottle and after a bit of drying on my skin it was like Miracle Grow. Lilies, roses and other flowers that are bright, bouncy and for a lack of a better word, juicy.

All day I felt like Ophelia - gone mad flower-pickin'.