Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Delirium

Non compos mentis, indeed! A contrary, conflicted scent, bubbling with merry madness. Contains apple, rose, and lemon.

love this!! at first, in the bottle, it was a little sharper than I would normally like, but on my wrist it was lovely. Smelled better on my friend HennaFairy, too!

I mostly smelled the apple, not much rose. The sweet smell toned down a bit over time, and it smelled like a soap I would probably buy in somewhere like Bath & Body Works. Fruity soap! yum!

give this one a 4 out of 5! :P

Oh god, my skin killed this scent. :P

It started out a sharp lemon, which was alright I suppose. But then, not even 5 seconds on, it morphed into Moon Rose which smells like pure soap on me. I didn't get any apple at all. Gah, I'm sorry I had to wash it off cause it just did not work for me at all.

Wow, my first official review!

In the bottle: Daffodils! It reminds me inexplicably of March's birth-month flower (which happens to be mine, and I love them). Daffodils, apple blossoms, honeysuckle, and a faint hint of rose. Color association is bright, sunny yellow.

Wet: There's the lemon, pulling everything off-kilter just a tad. I get a fragrance reminiscent of a lemon-scented cleanser that my grandmother used to use. Odd, but not unpleasant, since it's just peeking out around the edges.

Dry-down: Apple blossoms and daffodils again (and there isn't any daffodil in this mix. Go figure.) As it dries on me, it picks up the honeysuckle note again, which is joined by... lilac. (Again with the 'go figure'.) The honeysuckle and daffodil vanish after about 20 minutes, leaving lilac and apple blossom.

For me, it's a wonderfully mood-lifting, pick-me-up scent. Makes me think of dancing around in a soft spring rain. Not bright or zingy on me, and not much throw, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I don't know if I'll be investing in a bigger bottle, but I'll certainly add the imp to the 'keeper' box.

This is an odd scent; it's hard to describe what it smells like in the vial! It's very light, sort of sweet, yet bitter - I think it's the apple/rose with the lemon's bitterness piercing through.

On my skin, it becomes a deeper scent as my skin rounds off the smell - the lemon edge is the high note, but I can smell some rose faintly behind it in the sweeter low notes. The lemon seems to take over (making me think of 'lemon fresh' dishwashing liquid or lemon scented soap!), and then dies down quickly to become a more rose-like scent, though it's more complex due to the apple.

The scents are all still there, though. It makes it very odd to smell as the rose and lemon fight for supremacy. In the end, the sweeter side of the smell finally wins out, and the lemon takes it's place in the background. I can see why it's called Delirium!

at first: a wonderful balance of rose, lemon, adn apple. lovely.

on: lots of dusty rose with lemon and a touch of apple.

1 hour later: an odd apple / rose combo. i'm not sure about this one anymore.

2 hours later: mostly rose.

3 hours later: a slightly soapy rose.

overall: this is nice at first, but i hae other rose blends that smell better on me.

bottle:

lemon, slightly floral, a little fruity

wet:

lemon and rose

dry:

same! A nice fresh light floral.

overall:

a really bright blend - nice!

rating: 8/10

Delirium - This is a nice apple scent on me. I don't get any of the rose or lemon, which bums me out because I'm a huge fan of BPAL rose scents. I applied this a little over 3 hours ago, and it's fading fast, although the 3-4 hour point is usually when I have to reapply BPAL oils. It's nice and there's really nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't WOW! me, and if I want to smell sweet, tart, crisp apples, I'm just going to use my DKNY Be Delicious perfume spray.

First sniff: This is one of the oddest rose scents I’ve ever smelled. The adjective I keep thinking of is hyper.

Wearing: The rose wafts, the lemon clings, and the apple is in hiding. It’s the old-lady variety of rose, unfortunately.

Fresh and lemony in the bottle, then hoo-boy-baby-powder on my skin, much like Brisingamen. I don't usually like rose, but this almost works, except the apple gives a sort of rotten, off-note that turns my stomach. Too weird for me.

Hm.

I found this to be sort of herbally, and I cannot quite explain that, except maybe its something about the rose variant. Seems to be the old lady one, indeed.

I'd have imagined delirium to be much fruitier/juicier and sweeter, but it isn't any of these. It's rather herbally sharp. Slightly bitter. Kind of weird. Not my type of scent at all.

In bottle: rose overwhelms. light hints of lemon. apple non-existant.

On me, wet: rose dominates, but lemon becomes more evident. still no apple.

dry: apple is finally appearing, but still hidden behind tons of rose. Lemon is fading quickly.

15 minutes later: the lemon is making itself known again. It seems to come and go. There's a slight hint of apple, but it's completely overwhelmed on me.

A few hours later: It's more balanced now, with the rose fading slightly and the lemon & apple coming more into play, but very subtle.

Overall: It reminds me of soap, that old rose guest soap my grandmother always kept in her bathroom. It's taking me right back to being a kid in her home and playing with all those little shapes in the dish on the washstand. It's nice for the nostalgia value, but not something I'll wear on a regular basis. I do like how light it's gotten over time though.

Edited by phedre

In the bottle: Mostly lemon with some rose underneath. No apple.

Wet: Smells like lemon cleaner. Not pine-sol, it's more sour than that. Something with lemon and chemicals. Still no sign of the apple.

Dry: Roses come out making it less sour, but there's still something bitter and slightly chemically to it. Still can't find the apple.

Swapping.

Delirium

In the imp: dry apple with a little bit of lemon. I also smell another floral note, either camomile or lilac-but it’s not rose.

Wet on skin: crisp green apple, sugared lemon, and dry rose petals.

Dry: mmm, not bad! This is a pleasant scent, soft and pretty. There’s a very slight soapy/air freshener like feel to the scent at times but it’s not off putting in here. The apple note seems, at times, like apple blossom, and at other times it’s also like green apple peel. I really like the sugary lemon note in here-it’s not a tart citrus, but like sweetened lemon juice. Underneath I get dry rose petals. Oddly, I seem to be getting lilac in here as well. It’s strange, but I like it.

After a while: lilac! I really am getting soft powdery sugared lilac with a hint of apple blossom and dry rose in this scent. It’s very pretty! It reminds me of Eve, only a little bit less dry than that scent, there’s a nice sweetness to the scent, like vanilla powder. The drydown after a few hours is a muted green apple.

Verdict: this is a pretty little scent, and quite a mad fragrance as well. I expected it to smell of it’s notes, but whilst I do get those, I also get other notes cropping up when I least expect it-like lilac, ylang-ylang, camomile, apple blossom, powdery vanilla sugar…is this scent making my nose delirious? Interesting. It’s a fun fragrance and it’s light and bubbly and doesn’t take itself seriously, but there are times when this scent does smell a little too much like bathroom air freshener for me to really love it.

Emoticon rating: :P

In the imp, this is like apple tea with lemon zest - it's very strange but playful. Wet, there's next to nothing on my skin... a very light apple - golden apples with a sweet "apple pie" type note; and then, all of a sudden, it's lemon zest roses; shifting and morphing, this is amazing! Drying, it's very... strange. The roses are prominent in this - which is what I had hoped or at least expected from a rose blend. Albeit the most disorganized rose blend I've ever encountered, but an interesting one at the very least. Ironically, I was hoping for a bit more apple and lemon and not a robust rose blend that this became.

This one was really a shocker in that rose note... I knew it was there but somehow, it wasn't important to me in the wanting to try this one phase... *sigh*

This one didn't agree with me in the bottle or on the skin. Sometimes what smells really bad in the bottle transforms into something wonderful on the skin. No magical transformation with her. All I smell is lemon kitchen cleaner. :/ Off to the swap pile :P

I got no apple from this, just rose and lemon. Oh, and also a headache. :P

It is a fresh, clean scent, and if you like roses, it's worth a try.

This was one of the 10 scents in a mystery pack that I got as my first try with BPAL, unfortunately this is not for me at all. The smell in the bottle is overwhelmingly lemon, no other scents at all, but as there is rose in there too I thought maybe the lemon would calm down and the rose come through - two other scents I've tried have been rose ones and I've loved them both.

On my skin - it is pure Avon 'Apple Blossom' - which an aunt used to buy me regularly when I was a child and I always loathed. Horrible. Still, maybe the rose would come through next.

Two minutes later - I had to wash it off, burning, red welts on my arm where I tested it. I think I don't need to try this one again, I react badly to something in it.

Still, 8 tested and only two that I don't like so far (and one that I've already ordered a bottle of).

This is very well blended.....I can smell the apple, the rose and the lemon all at once, making this a very fresh, fruity rose scent.

And if florals are you this would be very nice indeed. Personally, I'd have to be in the mood for this and I doubt I will be very often....since I'm not a floral kinda girl.

I wanted so badly to like this one! For a little while, it smells like I hoped it would -- an awesome combo of lemon and rose -- but first it smells like powdery lemon cleaner, and at the end it smells like powdery rose. The lemon/rose combination lasts half an hour at most! I like it alright in my hair, but I don't think it'll ever be what I hoped. :P

Not my Imp, so it'll be a quickie review:

I love roses, apples and lemons to death, so you'd think this would be the best thing ever on me.... but, while I love roses, they don't love me back: soap. Every time. Still, hope springs eternal. Maybe the lemon will help?

In the Imp it smells delicious, like some kind of tangy floral-apple-lemon meringue pie. My mouth is watering. On me it goes to powdery honeysuckle... lemon and apple and rose, mingling their sweetness. There's a touch of powder underneath but mostly it's tart and delicious. Oh, man, this is working! :P And tasty! I think I might need my own Imp, for those times when I feel playful and sunny and just a little mad. Sure, it's a touch soapy, but it still smells really, really good.

Delirium

I am wary of anything with rose. It usually gets totally overpowering on me. But this was more apple fresh without the actual apple scent. Light and airy, the notes of apple, rose and lemon blend well. Later the rose appears, but only in a small way. Not enough to give me a headache. Kind of a nice soft floral that I might be able to wear. I am going to give this another try.

Rating (on skin): 0/5

Summarised in a word or two: Evil rose.

Pre-review thoughts: Neither roses (aka the Bane of My BPAL-related Existence) nor lemon generally agree with me, so I'm trying this purely because I can't let an un-tested imp scamper past me un-molested. ;D

In the imp: Surprise, surprise! Rose and a hint of apple.

On skin, wet: Sour rose already. Not good at all, I'm afraid.

On skin, dry: Sour, decaying rose. The lemon adds something acrid and exceedingly unpleasant to this. It smells... atrocious. Not a fault at all of the blend itself, of course; my skin just will not tolerate rose. No sign of the apple, which is just as well, I suppose.

Conclusion/Notes: Unsurprisingly, Delirium doesn't work for me.

Smells like rose on me. A nice soft rose, not too soapy, and every once in a while I get a hint of the apple, but mostly just rose. I wish there was a version available without rose...oh well!

ETA: Ok, this should be a lesson to me not to write reviews based on a first impression. The first day, this was all rosey...when I tried it again, I can smell the apple & lemon a LOT more and the rose is much more toned down so it is PERFECT. Very juicy and fresh and a wonderful summer scent. I am usually not big on florals but I like this one a lot and will be getting a bottle!

In the bottle: I mostly smell rose... if i inhale a bit longer, there's so lemon coming out as well.

On my skin: oh my it gets all soapy... rose soap? No. Lemon soap? No. But soap for sure!

After a couple of hours: still soapy, with some chemical reminiscence. A little astringent too.

Verdict: It's sad, I really wanted to like this one but it doesn't agree with my skin at all.

Edited by Shollin