Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

In the imp: I wasn't overly impressed with Come to Me. It has the herbal undertone that all the Voodoo Blends have, with an soapy note. There's something cool and light here too- cucumber maybe.

On me: Still herbs, soap, and cucumber. It's cool, light, and airy. It sort of reminds me of something Ren Faire-like. I like it more as it fades.

My boyfriend loves this on me. Maybe there's something to this... Edited by Shollin

In the vial it smells slightly floral and possibly a bit herbal. It's soft, cool and light. When I wear it, it changes. It's still soft and cool but stronger when I first put it on, and has this sort of nut-like scent that I can sometimes detect in the Voodoo blends that I've got. Over time this nut-like scent goes away and I'm left with a bare hint of subtle scent ... ever, ever so slightly floral-sweet and a touch of something else, possibly the herbs, but still with a coolness to it.

And it goes really well on my skin with a touch of Snake Oil. I couldn't stop sniffing!!!

Edited by kunoichi

Faintly floral, faintly green, faintly herbal... and quite a lot like soap. In fact, I smell like I’ve had a shower with a really lovely expensive creamy floral soap. Come to Me smells clean and attractive, but not actually perfumy.

Guess that might help it to acheive its stated goal, but personally I don't want to smell just of soap!

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Efficacy (if applicable): N/A

Summarised in a word or two: Hot flowers.

Preconceived notions: I'm not interested in its Voodoo properties, so I'll be reviewing this soley as a perfume.

In the imp: A waxy, white floral.

On skin, wet: Warm and waxy, a strong, girly floral scent. Something sweet and green as well — maybe cucumber? It's oddly warm.

On skin, dry: Hot flowers and cucumber. Weird and too warm, and not something I'd be keen to wear, voodoo properties or not.

Conclusion/Notes: I have no interest in attraction anyone, so I haven't (and don't plan to) test its efficacy. I tried it as a perfume, and it's just not something I care for.

In the bottle: Ozone, light herbs, white florals. Very fresh and clean.

First on: Wow, I can't smell a thing. It's absolutely gone.

We'll see how it's "properties" work as well.

Edited to add: On occasion I got slight wafts of grape and rose, but other than that nothing.

Edited by Spastik_Kitty

In the imp: I don't know if I'm getting used to the components in this line, or if I just encountered my least favorites first, or what, but I am happier with each Voodoo Blend I smell. This one is really nice--I detect citrus (a very soft lemon?) and some sort of floral.

Wet: This remains a citrusy floral on me.

Drydown and wear: This is really quite lovely. I mean, it's just really pretty. We'll see how this one's properties work--I think I'm going to get a light scent in my next order, and this might be one of those bottles.

Hmmm. This one is interesting. It’s a very light scent, maybe a bit herbal, maybe a bit lemony. After it’s been on a bit, it reminds me of lily of the valley. This is a light floral with a hint of herbs underneath. After it’s been on a bit, it smells like mineral oil. Clean, oily, clear. It’s an interesting scent, I’d be curious to know how it works for its intended purpose but for scent alone it’s not my thing.

Come To Me - Green, herbal, clean, and soapy. This is definitely not the kind of scent I'm typically drawn to, yet for some reason, I really like this one. I don't know about its sexual attractant qualities, but I put some on right before the lunch hour and then was going to stay in my office and take care of some personal things over the lunch hour. Within a few minutes, one of my male coworkers stopped by my office and no matter how many hints I threw his way, I couldn't get rid of him. I ended up spending my entire lunch hour chit-chatting with this guy, and not getting any of the stuff done that I'd intended. I'm guessing it was just coincidence, as this guy and are are both just friends and we're both happily in love and married to our respective spouses, but still, could it be just coincidence that I put on Come To Me and almost instantly had someone start hanging out with me that I couldn't get rid of; Who knows. Only a few more test runs will most likely tell. Oh, as a perfume, this is nice. Strange, but oddly nice. I find it attractive and I can't really figure out why. The staying power and throw are both moderate.

In the imp: Eau de bug spray. I am not liking it.

On me, wet: Now it smells extremely aquatic.

On me, dry: A powdery aquatic. Makes no sense, I know. It's like talc with an aquatic fragrance.

Verdict: Wearable, but weird. I think I'll swap it.

A very clean, fresh, soapy scent. Very pleasant and strong, and it has a ton of throw. There are some light florals layered over some sharp aquatic notes and dragged through a bucket of soap. It's a nice scent, and one I enjoy wearing from time to time, but not something that would go in my regular rotation.

Come to Me

In the imp: very, very faint, but I smell a tangy floral. I know I've smelt it before but I don't know what it is!

Wet on skin: oh, I know this scent. What is it? I think it could be lily of the valley, but I may be wrong…

Dry on skin: this is very pretty. A soft, slightly tangy springtime floral scent with an almost citrus like feel, it's also reminiscent of one of those English perfumery soaps I've smelt in a department store, maybe Crabtree and Evelyn's stuff. I think its lily of the valley. Very soft and pure and innocent, white and dewy, this does smell a tad perfumey though, very different to other BPAL lily scents.

After a while: the soapy aspect does increase over time, and it really does remind me of posh lily of the valley soap at times, before developing a lemony soap scent and then fading to a white soap with a hint of lily and lemon. It's waaaaaay too soapy now, which is a shame. Reminds me of the bars they put in hotels, actually.

Verdict: at first, this smelt so pretty! A gentle, innocent white floral touched with dew, springy lily of the valley, a soft, sophisticated scent reminiscent of what I call 'posh English soap'-the finely milled soaps that come in traditional floral scents and are much more suited to people older than me. The soap aspect of the scent becomes stronger over time and it turns from posh soap to cheap hotel soap! It has a slight lemony scent to it, which enhances the soap scent, but I'm not keen on this. I have other love-related voodoo scents I prefer (like Love Me) and this one doesn't seem like it will get any guys coming to me, at least not on my skin.

Emoticon rating: :P

If you like this, try: Belle Epoque, Hymn

Edited by yeahbutnobut

In the imp: ozone and soap, very very very faint.

On me, wet: lilies and ozone, sort of soapy, but still very very faint and light.

On me, dry: still soap, very light powdery lily soap. Sniffing at it too long makes me feel like I've *bitten* a bar of soap, for some reason. The SO seems less than enthralled by it, too.

Verdict: The lab sent me two frimps of this in the same order. I *wish* I liked it. It's not quite as OH GOD SOAP as Numb was on me, but still, soap. Alas. Who finds this sexy?

herbal-floral-green... it smells like sprite. Maybe I'm just on a soda kick after wearing Black Phoenix (DR. PEPPER!), but I definitely get sprite from this. Oh, it doesn't scream "fizzy beverage!" or anything, it's just the combination which somehow smells limey-lemony. Huh. Not really my thing, and it doesn't smell like a perfume at all, but for some reason I want to wear it out. It seems like it'd be good for these really hot days, and, after all, I have to test it's voodoo properties now don't I? :P

Wet: Oh, god, it smells like pure Lily of the Valley, my favorite floral scent (I grew them when I was a kid). Love it! *swoon*

Dry: Holy hell, it changed quickly. Now I smell like someone's grandma's decrepit sock/jewelry/powder drawer. It's violets or a bad amber... something... all cloyingly powdery and chalky, surrounded by a sharp herbal note. Perhaps this is Come To Me for gmilfs. :P :D

Special stuff: I wore this around the boyfriend, in very close proximity, yadda yadda. He didn't like the smell, and suggested we go play Baldur's Gate on the XBox. I think it would have worked much better had my skin not butchered the scent entirely.

In The Imp: Sweet floral with a bit of sharpness.

Wet: Very soft floral that's almost non-existant.

Drydown (10 minutes): Oh my skin hasn't eaten it after all! It just needs a little time to warm up. On me this is all floral, and while I'm not a floral girl at all this is quite lovely. Subtle and warm. Being far from an expert on florals I can't pick anything out. I'm not getting any green either, which is a good thing for me. As it dries a little more though I'm detecting a slight sharpness that reminds me a little of lavender. But it doesn't smell like lavender - guess that's the herbs.

(15 minutes): Oh hang on, that's rose in there. Uh oh. Although at this stage it's a very pleasant light rose, maybe tea rose? It has a bit of throw, not strong, but enough to waft gently around me.

Dry: A light soft rose that I actually like *faints away dead*. There's more to it than rose though, maybe some lilac, but I can't really say what. But definitely no herbs at all now. It's very pretty, soft, feminine and romantic. Everything I'm not! :P

I surprisingly like this a lot. It's a sunny early spring day here and this suits it perfectly. I doubt I'll get a 5ml since I just wouldn't wear it much, but it is lovely and the imp is a keeper. As for it's voodoo properties? Well my partner said it wasn't bad for a floral but didn't seem overly fussed. But then he did start to be a little more attentive. Maybe this one needs further investigation...

Edited by Trishek

In the imp, Come to Me is a very peculiar sort of green/herbal scent -- it's familiar, but I can't place it at all. Once applied to the skin, the office bathroom soap smell comes out. The reviewer who mentioned Crabtree and Evelyn got it, I think. It's not a horrible scent, but it is a little boring by BPAL standards. For borderline soapy oils, I'll probably turn to Water of Notre Dame before this one.

Come to Me-

In Bottle: Very faint. The merest whiff of sweet acetone.

Wet: Sweet acetone.

Dry: Goodness, this is gone already! Only been a quarter of an hour.

Overall: Fast fader, was never very strong.

This is VERY straightforward on me....in the imp, wet on my skin, and dry it smells like a single note lily of the valley....I LOVE that scent. Very much reminds me of the little vial bottle of AnaisAnais I had in high school, that had it's own little cute wooden container.

It's lovely. Of course, I'm not giving this a fair test drive, as I'm home alone with a napping pre-schooler, but heck, we'll see what happens later.......

i got this as a frimp from the lab. this smells like herbal baby powder, and very clean. ick. all the voodoo scents for attraction smell icky on me. another for the swap pile!

Like the previous reviewers have noted, Come to Me definitely has a clean, soapy smell with limited lasting power. My skin eats this scent up, so I have to reapply However, though, a co-worker of mine sniffed my wrist and said I smelled like pancake syrup.

The first day I wore this, I noticed I was getting more attention from men, ranging from stealing glances, to flirty borderline sexual comments, and the like. The second day, a co-worker called me a "kinky bitch" while I was applying lipstick... okay?? :P All in all, I love the clean, simple scent, and I will be buying a big bottle in the near future.

another frimp from the lab - it smells like some kind of fresh garden flowers from the imp, kind of sunny and pleasant, and slightly grassy...i can't place this flower, but i like it - sort of tropical, or from the south. what is it?? gardenia or magnolia...something pretty intoxicating. this is not the type of floral i usually wear (hell, i don't even know what it is..) - but i'm finding myself rather drawn to the smell. it is a little intense - sharp, almost chemically - so i'll have to see how i react after having it on for a while, but so far i kinda like it, despite it's oddness. it is exotic, feminine and mysterious. also a bit soapy. but i must test its "voodoo powers" as well, one of these days.

In the vial:

airy floral

On me:

I can't put my finger on this note, but it is one I am familiar with. It's definitely a soft floral. Slightly sweet even. Airy is the word that comes to mind though, it has a breezey quality to it. Very light and inoffensive in my opinion.

Final note:

Just seems to be this light floral, I can't pick out any notes though - turns slightly soapy in later stages so I suspect lily is in there somewhere

I am by myself, so I can't report on whether or not it's working. (Unless someone comes knocking on my door, in which case I'll be back to edit this post.)

The scent is very soft and sweet. It keeps bringing different things to mind: watermelon rinds, babies, lily of the valley, cotton balls, sweetgrass, odd.