Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

Oh this is such a beautiful clean scent! It's lemony without being lemon, maybe theres lemongrass, or lemon verbena in it. Wearing it makes me feel like I've just stepped out of the shower. It's a little bit floral, but there is a lot of herbal in this, but a beautiful herbal. The throw on is is moderate, and this is one I have to slather on, but I don't mind because I love the scent so much. As for the voodoo properties, I get more hugs and affection from people when I wear this. It's not like guys are jumping all over me, but it works. And also it layers well with so many other BPAL blends, it smells beautiful with moon rose. I've already used two bottles of this, and I have another on the way. Yay! I love this scent!

The scent seems lightly herbal (but like soft, gentle herbs, not bitter or sharp ones) and fresh. Slightly salty. It's an extremely soft scent -- I can barely smell it. Strangely, when I sniff this in the imp, I smell practically nothing -- almost no scent at all.

I'm not sure about using the oil for its intended purpose, but the scent is definitely not going to deter me from trying it -- I find it very pleasant (and practically nonexistent).

In bottle: Sweet and clean (more floral than anything else but not terribly so), but not terribly soapy to me.

Wet: Still sweet and clean, getting some floral complexity (and tasting slightly bitter in the back of my throat). My sinuses are considering rebelling but haven’t yet.

Dry: Less sweet, but even cleaner with an open, airy feeling. Sinuses seem to be ok, buy now eyes aren’t sure (however, only when my nose is up to my wrist so it would probably be fine when not doing in depth sniffing, and the first touch of water seems to dispel that without otherwise disrupting the scent). I can see how, magick aside, this could be a very attractive scent.

Later: gets faint after about three hours but remains pleasant and fresh.

Summary: I can see how, magick aside, this could be a very attractive scent. I’ll definitely keep the imp for the moment.

Dandelion said above that this reminded her of Sprite. YES! Definitely sprite! Light and airy and crisp and clean -- just without the fizz. It's floral, and I can see where people are making the soap comparison. But I've had worse soapy smelling things on me that I absolutely cannot stand, and this one I think would be smashing on a hot day. I sense something citrussy in with the florals. Good throw, and uber feminine. I may just invest in more!

Edited by ariosa

ComeToMeSS.jpg

This oil was worn several days ago, but I'm just now getting around to reviewing it. I was a little nervous, given all the people who reported lemon in this blend, because lemon and I just don't get along. Well, it was lemony but since this is a 'working' oil rather than a perfume oil for me, it won't be too bad. The flower notes are quite pleasant, and I think it did what I wanted it to do. Can't beat that!

:P

Edited by stellans

I really don't care for the scent of "Come to Me". But it sure seems to work!

In the bottle:

I understand why people say "soapy" ... but it's not a soap soap. I can't explain it. Maybe it just smells clean? No, it's a little sudsy... it's just not SoftSoap or anything.

Wet:

Still has that vague soapyness, but again, NOT hand soap. It's nice. Perfume that smelled like hand soap would not be nice. I can't for the life of me say what's in it, though... maybe some kind of ozone? I think the soapyness might be aquatics of some kind, since it reminds me a little bit of a rain scent, only without the rain. Descriptive, I know :P

Dry down:

A little tamer, but much the same. Vague aquatics, incredibly fresh... but not in a "I'm walking in a garden, achoo!" way. A much subtler, cleaner freshness.

Final thoughts:

This strikes me as an incredibly well-crafted blend. I really like it... though it is not AT ALL what I was expecting from the description.

Yeah, it's definitely a sharp, clean, herbal-type soap.

I would LOVE it as a soap, but normally would not wear it as a perfume... however, I put this on fifteen minutes before going off to exercise, and discovered that I love the clean-ness of it drifting up as I work out. Definitely makes me feel like less of a sweaty pig, hehe (: So I have no idea (as of yet) how it works as a voodoo oil, but I'm keeping it anyway, since I like how it makes me feel.

ETA: In the interest of properly checking this out, I wore it to work with the voodoo intention behind it, rather than any perfume intention.

Boys did not like me more. Neither did girls. One old man told me I was 'the prettiest thing he'd ever seen'. Oh. Yay. Also, it brought about a terrible rush of bad luck. I want to test it again in a different setting but, quite frankly, I'm a little scared to.

Son of ETA: Wore it again the other day, to work again, though I made a quick Starbucks run beforehand. It... works! Sort of! People seemed to smile at me quite a bit more, and a boy at work gave me a massage for no reason, and my manager was quite possibly hitting on me (in his friendly, hitting-on-everyone way; but it's usually not aimed at ME, so.) I don't know if it's the oil itself, or just that the oil made me pay attention to that sort of thing (I tend to be Miss Oblivious.) Not bad though.

Edited by modernsaints

On Skin: Soapy florals

On Drydown: Soapy florals. Very clean smelling.

Verdict: Clean smelling, slightly aquatic floral. It's breezy and light and very sunshiney. And yes, it does work. :P On the other hand, I don't really have a need for it (knock on wood) so I think I'll send it along to someone who needs it more.

In imp - Light with a sweet, high note, very unusual.

I received this one as a frimp so hadn't worked out what was in it or which category it called home. In fact I had to scroll through all of them as it didn't show up in the search. Little surprise then that it is a Voodoo Blend!

Wet on the skin it's hard to pick out any notes and the same goes for drydown. I get a hint of tea, some green, maybe an ozone. I don't know what it is but I think I like it :D

The other Voodoo's I've tried have slapped me about the face a bit with their ferocity but this baby is subtleness personified. I'll have to wait and see if its properties work though :P

Good lord, this is hardly even there in the bottle! What's up with that?

This is soapy, and very faint. And it goes on the same: an herbal hand soap. Very faint. Almost nonexistent.

When I say soap, I don't mean floral-smelling soap, I mean handmade herb soap. This is very nice, it's just so very, very understated and hardly present at all that it's hard to pick out single notes.

Very pretty, but barely there!

I tried this today, at work.

In the bottle:

Soap. Not yucky soap, but as someone else said in an earlier review, that milled soap that smells nice (but still like soap).

On me, initially:

Still soap. Maybe soap with lemon.

Dry:

Well, this pretty much kept on smelling like soap with maybe a little lemon for a good 45 minutes to an hour. At which point, it started to smell like soap with maybe... honeysuckles? Not what I'd normally choose as a perfume, but not unpleasant either, and something I might actually wear now that I've tried it.

I'm not sure about the intentions. People are usually nice to me at my office, and people have to "come to me" for help with a variety of things on a regular basis. I'm not sure if I'd notice the difference one way or the other, now that I think about it. I don't think I've quite got the hang of this intention thing just yet, but at least it's not like the time (last weekend) when I wore Queen to hang out with my parents. Ew ew ew.

Verdict: Would wear again, and might even order a larger bottle of this one.

Edited to add:

I wore this again a couple of days ago, and this is definitely going to end up being a big-bottle purchase for me as the husband LOVES it and it has excellent throw and staying power on me.

Edited by n3m3sis42

I really didn't expect to like this one from the descriptions of the floral emphasis; hate florals. :P But rather ordered it for it's properties.

Sad to report, nada..nothing...no voodoo magic here for me. Did a test run and no response from my husband or any of the numerous people I encountered during a day out shopping.

I should swap, as I dislike it so much I can't even just wear it as a perfume. :D But again, I am not a floral person so it's not fair to judge it by me in that respect.

In the imp, this is incredibly faint and slightly floral smelling...

As soon as it hits my skin, it becomes a very prominent cucumber (somewhat like B&BW Cucumber Melon) that starts to get a bit soapy after a few minutes (smells a bit like Ivory), but without the funny chemical smell underlying it. It fades pretty quickly into a light, herby blue/green floral that becomes a very cucumber/lily of the valley kind of smell with what might be rose lurking reaalllly far in the background. Certainly a clean fresh smell, but not one I would usually associate with a perfume. Not that that is a bad thing!

This one may take a little getting used to...

In the bottle: Refreshing; probably citrus.

Wet: Citrussy with a greenish background.

Later: Zesty and clear. Now very faint.

Currently a 6/10, as I couldn't smell it, but I know that hen my friend wore it, it disappeared on her, and she was very popular with the boys at Tai Chi that night... one to test again when the boyfriend is round :P

Edited by PurpleHeather

I agree that the scent is very clean - like a nice soap. But as it dries down, the commanding essence emerges. Perhaps that soapy bit is a clean your aura type thing. After, I felt like a Southern Lady - the kind one says ma'am to. The kind of Lady that good ol' boys feel compelled to hold doors for, the kind young fellers tip their hats to and wouldn't even consider not following her wishes. It's very queenly, this blend. In an ultrafeminine way. I can smell how it's compelling. It's just not forceful. It's more of a womanly power sort of thing. A goddess that you cannot help respecting, liking, and wanting to be around. Scarlett O'hara without the sex kitten bit. There's nothing innocent nor overtly sexual about this blend. It just - is. Hmm... perhaps this is the scent of a Mother Confessor from Terry Goodkind's tales.

ETA - When I wore this to a wedding, traffic crowded around me, and so did the people at the wedding. I have a bit of people claustrophobia, so I think I'll be passing this one on.

Edited by JennyGardener

In imp: Wow this is very light I can barely smell it. What I can smell smells very clean & fresh which is suprising for a love blend as from the ones I've tried (mostly TAL) they usually smell much stronger and deeper.

Wet on skin: Still very light but can smell a soft lemony scent. Quite pleasant. Also it's some sort of soft herbal scent too.

Dry on skin: Dry, funnily enough, this has come out a bit stronger. I can smell the soft lemony herbal scent mostly but also clean sheets and possibly sort of a cucumber smell (very fresh & a slightly watery & a bit green if that makes sense).

Overall: This scent is nice but not at all what I expected. I don't think this smells typically sexy like other love blends I've tried from BPAL & TAL. It's nice, light & fresh & I think I'll probably use my imp. As for the effects well I haven't worn it out or around the opposite sex yet but I may do it as a little experiment. :P

Herbally initially, but very soft.

Dry I get a detergent lemon scent, almost disinfectant-like.

On another note, it's cleared my nose right up... was a little stuffy before :P

Another one not for me sadly. :D

A soft, sweet herbally scent, not a biting green herbal. I quite like it. It's light and soft and subtle.

...and works ::P:

imp: clean, herbal, there's something like lemongrass

on: on it's less herbal, very subtly floral (is this a very soft rose? ohmigawd, can it be? a rose that doesn't freak out with my skin! :P ), but still predominantly just very fresh and clean

after: lemongrass comes more to the forefront, and I think there's a hint of fresh ginger. The rose is still behaving!

overall: As others have mentioned it's a bit soapy, but I'd still really like to wear this on a hot day or while cleaning. Doesn't seem to be attracting people more than usual, but still a lovely scent.

I love the Voodoo collection. Love it. Wanted to love every single item I tried from it.

This one: not so much love. :P

In the bottle: very light floral.

On skin: straight Ivory soap, with just a touch of flowers. Sniffing it repeatedly has left me with a feeling that I said a bad word and got my mouth washed out with soap. :D

It didn't do the job I intended it to do, either, but I definitely put it on too late in the game (without going into the whole gory story). I'll try it again on a better day- but I'll be trying it for efficacy's sake, not because I like the way it smells.

2/5. (It hurts me bad to rate it this low, because did I mention that I love the Voodoo collection?) :D

This is the scent of soft, gentle white soap. I sometimes think I can get the barest breath of honeysuckle in here as well. Very gentle and pretty; puts me in mind of warm sunlit mornings.

I can't speak for the voodoo properties, unfortunately, as I'm just at home with my boyfriend right now and we're always pretty close anyway :P

Initally, this is a clean soapy smell, with a hint of green, perhaps, and little throw. I wouldn't wear it for the scent, although after it's been on for a few hours it melts into a clinging soft skin scent - it smells like me, but better, and very faintly like the smell you get before it rains. As for its effect, I can't say, because my going out plans got disrupted and I ended up staying home. I'll update next time I get a chance to try it out.

Starts icky! Scent-wise it's just not working on me. I hope it does good things, because otherwise bleah.