Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Come to Me

A phenomenally powerful attractant. Sexual and commanding in the extreme.

in the bottle: this is very herbal and green. I'm getting a strong ginger from it, but fresh ginger.

wet on skin: An extremely clean scent, not quite the soap that I had been reading from everyone else, but like something that's just naturally clean. I don't know if that makes sense. This is a small undertone of some sort of floral, though, and it's giving me a bit of headache (as florals do).

dry: I couldn't take the headache, so I washed it off. I might try this again later, in a much smaller dose.

In Bottle: Light, almost nothing.

On Skin: Floral soapy and clean, a freshly showered scent. It’s pretty but not sexual at all other then it’s always nice to smell a freshly bathed person. It smells like fresh laundry, warm and soft. It’s a bit light for me, nothing to exciting. I would like to see if it attracted my husband though…

In the bottle: Almost pure soap.

First on: Along with the soap is now a sort of fresh herbal scent. I feel like I've jsut gotten out of the shower. There's definitely a floral in it, but I cant tell which ones.

Drydown: This hasn't changed at all, it's still just soap. Almost like a scented Dial.

I haven't worn it for it's purpose yet, and while I don't doubt Beth's ability to create amazing VooDoo blends, I do somehow wonder how soap is going to attract men. I'll have to try it out sometime. :P

upon application i am getting lily of the valley!! i adore this one :P

after awhile the lily of the valley aspect moves onto a lovely honeysuckle...

i love how this one morphs with my chemistry!!

another plus is this one lasts and lasts on me!!

yay!! thank you Beth!!! :D

Oh, wow. This is good. It doesn't smell overtly sexy and vampish, but sweet and warm in that wholesome girl-next-door who you still like way.

I like this a lot. I don't know whether it necessarily calls for a big bottle yet, but definitely another imp.

This one is very herbal/soapy. It smells like a fresh shower gel or Irish Spring bar of soap.

As it dries down, this one stays exactly the same on me..but with a hint of some soft flowers. Herbal, soapy, fresh and clean. I smell like I just stepped out of the shower.

This is a light scent with medium lasting power. I'm not so sure I'd want to wear it every day, but I'll definilty enjoy my imp. :P

On me this is baby oil, pure baby oil. It's clean and kind of powdery and very cozy. I happen to absolutely love baby oil and I've yet to find a perfume I can layer over that mimicks it, so I'm very glad to have found this. It also lasts very well on me, and being that I have a very sensitive nose I can put on just a tiny dab if I don't want to be overwhelmed. As for the voodoo implications of it - my SO loves the scent of baby oil, and I can see how the name is fitting - it makes me just want to cuddle up with someone. So, in my case, it works. :P

First sniff: Sort of floral, and sort of lemony? I’m not sure what to make of this one.

Wearing: Well, apparently my skin did know what to make of it… soap. Instant lemon soap. Stupid skin.

in the imp: very light, I can barely detect a floral-y lemon

wet on skin: more floral, I can smell the heady rose. stronger on skin than in vial. I can also detect a soapy note with the rose. And the rose is a very very strong, citrus-y spicy kind of rose.

dry on skin: the headiness of the rose is subdued a bit, though it is still prominent

a few minutes later: light to medium rose-lemon-soap smell. smells like Victorian luxury rose soap.

I haven't tried its effects on men yet. If there is no effect on men, I won't buy a bottle. if there is then I will because I like the scent enough to wear it from time to time, but I don't like it enough to buy it. Unless of course, it attracts men. :P

Come to me smells like dove soap and baby oil on me.

It's a clean, fresh, just-got-out-of-the-shower blend.

Seemingly no affect on the boy... he didn't even comment on it like he does with the other BPALs I've tried.

In bottle: violet? it's very candy-ish, fruity and purple

Wet: this smelled like next-to-nothing on me. I slathered more on.

Dry: I can still barely smell it, but it smells kind of fruity and powdery

Come To Me has such a blend of scents that just as I think I've identified one, I sniff again and nope... its something else. Citrus? Ginger? Maybe. Aquatic? Airy? Maybe. Not getting any green or soap. Just a HUGE lift and various levels of content refreshment.

My husband, not a fragrance fan, LOVES it. So I have a 10ml en route after swapping and buying every available imp I could find on the forum. And that's all I'm saying.

cometome.jpg

This is a straaaaaaaaaange smell indeed. It almost defies description. It reminds me of the smell of some fabrics and I can't really say it smells like any flowers or resins or herbs I have ever sniffed. It's kind of like an old perfume, and I mean that in a good way, then it sort of reminds me of perfume on someone else's skin. It's very warm smelling, I would not say it's exactly cozy. For all its oddness, it's nice but I would use it as a ritual oil and not try to get an alluring "good smell" out of it.

Some people have said it's soapy, I can see that...it smells like some liquid base soaps I have sniffed. Does it work? I would say that I haven't taken it on a road test, and frankly I am not looking for anyone. But this one smells like it could be some powerful ju-ju.

Edited by olympia301

I got an imp as a gift. It's the old tarted one, so the oil is well aged. I didn't find it "sexual and commanding in the extreme". To me it smells very comforting, soft, vanilla and herbs, warm dry grasses in the midday sunny field in the end of August. I imagine if I were a man I would yearn to put my head on a bosom that smells like that, close my eyes and sigh. Well, I am not a man; but DH likes it on me. I will be getting a bottle of this.

I wore this on New Years Eve when I had a cold, so I really had to slather to be able to smell this. Even with the slathering, it wasn't strong at all... the only comment hubby made (and he will ask me "what's that stink?" if what I'm wearing is strong!) is that I smelled like "baby butt"... meaning baby powder. I get a bit of rose, maybe a bit of lily, definitely a sort of soapy, powdery note. It's clean and soft smelling, not what I would have considered "sexual and commanding in the extreme" but I can see how this is sexy in a soft, sneak-up-on-you, totally unexpected way. Someone gets the slightest whiff of this and leans in for more! Very, very nice. I can't wait to try it again when I don't have a cold!

I recieved an imp of this in my very first BPAL order. I was instantly in love with first whiff. I wore it quite a few times and even mixed it with a carrier oil to make it last longer but it never seemed to really represent me. As much as I love the scent it just isn't one I should wear, if that makes sense. Well, I recently started a relationship and one evening I grabbed some imps off my dresser to show the new man. With a mischeivious look in my eye, I grabbed the seemingly empty bottle of Come to Me and opened it up. When tipped upside down there was just enough of it to form a small drop on my finger. I quickly ran my fingertip down the back of his neck. This is my catnip! Oh god oh god OH GOD! I can't help but purr when this is on him. It is dangerous! Mr. wants me to put a bottle on my next order list and I had to make a new rule: He cannot wear this while we work together! It may sound silly but I have a serious physical reaction to this scent. My heartbeat quickens just thinking about how it smells on him.

In the bottle, this has absolutely no scent to me.

On, it has a fresh, clean, herbally green scent to it. It's very gentle, though, and not in the least overpowering nor too green. I have as yet to try it out in terms of attracting the husbandly one to me - will see if that works and come back.

This is definitely one I'll be getting a big bottle of.

In The Bottle Smells like NeoCitron. :P

Wet On Yup, lemony with a bit of something....weird. Can't quite put my finger on it, but still smells quite a bit like NeoCitron. I mean, I like NeoCitron for when I'm sick, but I don't really wanna smell like it.

Dry On me it smells a bit like Delirium, but not as sweet. I still get that lemon/rose thing going on though, with a bit more sharp floral to it. I honestly don't see how this is supposed to be alluring to the opposite sex, but I shall test it out on a certain cute boy and see what the results are. As it is now, I'd be much more likely to buy a bottle of Delirium than this. But we'll see.

Come to Me is definitely light and citrus-rosey, like a perfume worn down on someone's skin or the soapy smell of French-milled suds. Unlike the other Voodoo oils I've tried, this is really light and inobtrusive, something sweet and innocent, without guile or motive of any kind.

But it works. Within ten minutes of putting this on my skin, my boyfriend got all snuggly with me. Maybe it's just a fluke. But I'll test this one out again tomorrow, layered with some Dorian, to see if there's a repeat performance. :P

In the bottle: Perfume-y, like a soap or a detergent.

Wet: It starts to smell more herbal. It reminds me a little of Skin So Soft by Avon.

Drydown: It smells soapy again--a very clean scent.

This one's another keeper.

Come to Me smelled clean and light, maybe pointing its toe in the direction of Dirty. I'd call it closer to green/herbal rather than citrus on me, with an attractive background of soap. It was not overpowering and it seems like it would a make a very good addition to my select few bedtime scents.

On me, this smells like lemon dishwashing soap. That's not saying it was a bad scent, I think it smells fresh in clean. It just doesn't show up on me! I used over 1/3 of an imp today, and still could not smell it on me! Not even when I tried putting some on my hair. Didn't have the desired effect, either. I think my crush would have to "come to me" really, really really closely to be able to smell it! :P

3/15/06

Come to Me

Wet: soapy and floral. Not impressed.

Dry: Eye-burning soap! Ow! If I wanted to smell like soap, I’d take another shower. No thank you.

Oh I couldn't believe this smell. Like something forgotten for a long time and now retrieved; one of the scents that remind you of something essential.

It's perhaps orange blossom and a very pungent honeysuckle (hey! i'm developing a nose!), and then some rum. i adore it and of all my favorites (dracul, black annis, greed) is the most... enlightening.

Edited by Alohasca

This is only the second BPAL scent I've fallen head-over-heels in love with after only one wear. In fact, I just opened it; just put it on about an hour ago in a frenzy of 'SQUEE I GOT MY ORDER' testing. I had Come to Me on my left wrist and Follow Me Boy on the right (I figured I'd go with the theme, you see). I wasn't terribly impressed with either in the bottle; they both smelled like those fancy little molded soaps you put in the guest bathroom and then never, ever touch, because it feels vaguely blasphemous.

But within a half hour or so, I went and washed my right wrist so as to better appreciate the absolutely lovely scent on my left. Follow Me Boy still smelled sharp and herbal and soapy, but Come to Me - oh! :P It's gone all soft and sweet and clean and somehow cottony. You know when you're in love with someone, the way their skin smells right at the curve of their neck? That wonderful, indescribable smell that can only be defined as contentment, or maybe love? I've always said that if someone could bottle that smell, I would give them my soul with a ribbon on it.

And Beth has gone and done it. Let me know what color ribbon you want, Beth, and where you want me to ship to. I have never ordered a bottle so fast.

ETA: When I tested this the first time, my Boy of Choice wasn't around, so I couldn't vouch for the oil's effectiveness as far as intent goes. Last night, I decided to give it a small whirl (I am hoarding my swap-gained half-imp until my big bottle gets here) to test its voodoo properties.

I couldn't tell you if it smelled as good the second time 'round, because I was otherwise occupied. Note to self: do not wear Come to Me around the Boy unless you want to be busy. And by 'busy,' I mean "Let's do it again! Or maybe two or three more times, and then we'll go from there. Hey, you didn't actually plan to sleep tonight, did you?" And aside from that, he was far snugglier and sweeter than he is wont to be; generally his fear of sappiness prevents him from telling me I'm beautiful and so on. All in all, Come to Me is just about my favorite thing Ever.

Edited by redlisse