Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with pear, white wine grapes, and jasmine-laced tea.

bottle: this is all pumpkin and pear. i don't smell the jasmine tea scent at all.

wet: lovely. i can smell the white grape and pear very well but the pumpkin seems to have receeded. oops, nope, here it comes again. this is nice and complex on me and smells like some lovely sort of candy.

dry: yum. sweet pumpkin. i think it's the white grape that's making it smell particularly yummy.

This really smells like pumpkin potpourri to me. Pumpkiny and sweet but with a dry herbalness to it, most definitely the tea. And in that regard, I guess it just smells like straight pumpkin tea to me. Nice! Not too sweet, not too foody, just very nice.

Pumpkin One

In the bottle: buttery pumpkin with a hint of fruit… I wouldn't have recognized pear if I hadn't read the description before.

On my skin: pumpkin and pear, absolutely delicious!!

After a while: the pear fades away a bit too much for liking, but it still leaves me with a lovely, slightly fruity pumpkin scent.

Verdict: YES! I wish I could buy a bottle.

Wow, this is all white wine grapes on me, no jasmine or pumpkin in sight. Oh, and they're powdery grapes, which explains all of the comparison to grape candy - I don't find the smell pleasant, but if you're okay with a bit of powder, then it might work for you. I sniffed and sniffed in search of any pumpkin, but no go. :P

Very sweet pumpkin! As it dries, it's got almost a sugar-like feel to it; like Smarties candies? I don't know if that's the pear or the white grape taking center stage, but there's no jasmine in this at all on my skin -- and that's good. Delicious! Very soft, fades within two hours.

First on this is amazingly yummy, floral but with a tangy sweetness and mellow, buttery quality from the quality creating an uplifting but rich scent. It turns into a kinda lollipop smell. Very sweet, a bit sticky, with something burning underneath.

Rating: 3/5

In the imp this is very buttery, a little much for me. Very white grape when wet, and the pumpkin rounds out the scent. Sweet and tangy, and the jasmine tea is an afternote.

In the bottle:

I smell the pear and grapes more than anything, with only a hint of pumpkin.

Wet:

The pumpkin warms up and becomes more noticeable, but is tempered by the fruits.

Dry:

Sparkling, fruity pumpkin. Lovely.

Edited to add: I wore this one to work yesterday, and first of all, one of my co-workers followed me into a meeting to see if I was the source of the yummy fruity smell she'd noticed and secondly, my husband was in love with how I smelled when I got home. This ended up having a reasonable amount of throw on me, and I really loved it. It was much more fruit than pumpkin, but soooo pretty. :P

Edited by n3m3sis42

The notes in this don't play very nicely on my skin. I like certain fruity blends (peach, apricot, apple, and melon notes seem to be my fruity bpal favorites), but I have a hard time with grape and pear scents for some reason. On my skin, this is mostly a sickly sweet pear and the grape kind of smells like grape bubble tape on my skin, before drying down to an almost fizzy grape soda. Something in this gives off a clean, crisp feel in the drydown and that might be the pear calming down a bit or the jasmine tea coming into the picture. The pumpkin in this blend is more buttery than it was in the other patch scents (at least on me), but it's also lighter. It's like a hint of buttery pastry and a light touch of spice underneath the crazed grape and crisp tea or pear. Mostly this is sweet grape on me, but it has hints of a crisp, clean something and the buttery pumpkin spice. It's a strange combination that, unfortunately, also smells rather strange once it's on me.

In the imp: At first, the scent is all edible pumpkin. In the afterscent is something crisp and fruity, like apple; a clean and fresh thread winding through the richness of the pumpkin.

On the wrist: Mmm. The smooth, rich sweetness of pumpkin blends seamlessly with the pear, like a warm pear-and-pumpkin tart. At the moment there is neither jasmine nor tea; perhaps the jasmine will come through later and save my wrists from being munched?

One hour later: The main scent now is pear and grape, blended with a faint trace of jasmine, backed by the warm, comforting sweetness of pumpkin. It's a little sharper on my left wrist, a little sweeter (and butteryer) on my right; and, like Pumpkin II, just a little too sweet. I wonder if that's going to be a problem with the entire patch?

straight sniff from bottle is butter and pumpkin...

once applied this remains the same but after 5 minutes or so the pear and jasmine

pop through....yummy grape note....i lurve this one and it may be my fav of

the pumpkin plunder :P

Imp: Very buttery pumpkin, with a high-pitched whine of fruit.

Wet: Warmed pumpkin with a weird wine tone.

Drydown: Ooooh, the pumpkin fades, taking a step back to but still dancing with a delightfully sweet pear.

Dry: Pear with tea with a tiny hint of grape. Normally these types of notes fade on me, so I think the pumpkin is providing a solid base for them to anchor to, even if it's faded.

My rating: 4/5. A very nice, very clear scent with pleasant stages all around.

First go at the Pumpkin Plunder. Wet this is PUMPKIN, PUMPKIN, Rich Buttery pumpkin. But as it dries down, the scents I get in this order: Pumpkin, jasmine tea, pear with a slight hint of grape. This is very sweet, lovely and I would say elegant. Great throw so far and good lasting length. A great start to the plunder. Hopefully I'll like the others just as much! :P

I'm really sad about this one, because I do really like it, and it has a lot of notes I'm really fond of in it, but my skin just eats it within an hour, so I can't justify picking up a whole bottle. Aww.

At first, it's very Jack-- pumpkin and butter, hardcore. Then, as others have said, it backs down after a while and moves on to the pear and tea scents. I don't get much grape. This is a very nice scent, but it lasts no time on me. Sad.

This quickly moves from a pure buttery pumpkin scent to a sweet, softly fruity scent. The pear and grape mingle beautifully with the grape being more predominant, but the pear is still noticeable when I'm looking for it. Thankfully the tea does not make an appearance. The throw is average, and this fades within a few hours of application. I like it, but I probably won't seek out more.

Imp: buttery pumpkin, pear, grape. Sweet and juicy.

Wet: MMM! Creamy, sweet, luscious. Not too buttery or fruity.

5 min: Hmm, kind of buttered popcorn with just a little pear.

Dry: Now it’s delicate and pretty floral tea. Very beautiful!

I was curious to try the pumpkin patch as I really didn't know what pumpkin smelled like.

I now know it doesn't like me, or me it shudders

This is just very sweet and cloying on my skin. Very buttery rich and well, pumpkin.

I do catch a hint of fruit as it starts to dry but I had to wash this off fairly quickly as it was making me feel queasy :P

This one is really unique as far as pumpkin blends go. At first it starts out smelling of tea and fruit with a hint of pumpkin. As time goes on the pumpkin comes to the forefront a little more. It smells like pumpkin tea, if such a thing were to exist :P . It never ends up getting too sweet on me; it just stays pleasant and almost effervescent. I actually think that this one can last beyond the holiday season and into spring, as well (although I'll wear pumpkin anytime since I love it!) . A very enjoyable and unique pumpkin blend that I will look forward to wearing.

In the bottle: Buttery pumpkin with a tang of fruitiness

Wet on skin: Whoa! Grape Kool-Aid. Weird, but that's *exactly* what it smells like to me. No pear at all, all grape, grape, grape

Drydown: The grapiness fades into the background and something very cinnamony is coming out, now it's a pumpkinish grape background, wafting a cinnamon spiciness.

Not what I expected, but gorgeous. No tea or jasmine at all from it, but they could be there, lurking, and waiting to appear hours from now. Although *something* is giving that cinnamony note... could it be the jasmine? Strange. Maybe my nose is confused.

This the first bpal in a while that has knocked me for a loop. Seriously, I am head over heels for this one! Before, I was strongly in the "You want to smell like a pumpkin? But why?" camp. I tried Jack out of curiousity, but that just smelled like I'd poured melted butter over my arm. I then tried last year's Pumpkin #3, thinking the pomegranate might cut through the butter. Nope, just smelled like I'd poured melted butter over a pomegranate. :D

But this, oh this. :P I was a bit worried over the jasmine tea, as jasmine can go seriously wrong on me. However, the jasmine completely behaves, and this smells like my favorite loose leaf jasmine tea from the local chinese restaurant, with the added fruitiness of the pumpkin adding a bit of sweetness and depth. Not a hint of butter, thank goodness! Once on, the jasmine/pumpkin tea is sweetened further by the pear, and the wine grapes add a bit of muskiness which puts this one over the top for me. Immediate top ten winner!

Edited by Wench457

I love last year's Pumpkin Patch, but this year's has me a little leary because of all the fruity scents. However, still went for a decant circle, because I have to try them all :P

In the imp: OMG it's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!!! Seriously, this is PUMPKIN and butter and a little bit of something bright and fruity.

Wet on the skin: the bright and fruity comes out and swirls around the pumpkin, making it less cloying/heavy, and I can smell the pear and grape (although I don't think I'd have recognized the pear right off without re-reading the description).

Dry on the skin: the notes all even out into a lovely sweet, slightly sparkling mix of fruit and pumpkin. I don't get much of the jasmine tea, but there's a slightly exotic edge to the sweetness that might be it. It's definitely a nice blend, but not one I'd wear regularly. Keeping my imp, though :D

In the vial: Delicious BPAL pumpkin and white grape juice! My stomach is growling...

On: There's a very bitter edge that reminds me of the bitterness in The Hesperides. Like that scent, there's danger in putting it too near one's nose (burns, precious, burns); but unlike it, the scent wafting around me is kinda almost delicious, if bordering on sickly sweet.

Dry: Very faint, fruity tea smell. Not at all a 'me' kind of scent.

Pumpkin I

In the imp: buttery pumpkin lightened by something sweetly floral and fruity.

Wet on skin: pumpkin soaked in sugary sweet grape juice!

Dry: pumpkin and Glitter! Yes! This smells very similar to the candy sweet fun goodness that is Glitter, but with a note of baked pumpkin added! The grape and pear are giving me the Glitter resemblance, they are sugared to the max and are almost like bubblegum, and I think the jasmine is playing the part of the lotus (and this jasmine, so far, isn’t turning to evil sourness on me!). The pumpkin is sweet and rich and warm, with that buttery tone to it which is like pumpkin pie. This is a fun scent!

After a while: eventually the scent’s juiciness does tone down a little and it turns into a scent I associate more with grape flavouring than true grapes. Most BPAL grape notes don’t smell like that on me but this does. It still smells like Glitter, and now gains bubblegum tones just like Glitter did, though there’s always that pumpkin note smelling buttery and pastry-like. There’s also a harsh bitter scent, almost like something chemical to it, which I’m not keen on. Hopefully that’s not the jasmine note going bad. I don’t smell any jasmine tea to this though.

The bitterness gets stronger as the grape soda or jasmine comes out more. However at times it smells a little bit like nag champa, which seems odd but that’s the same smell I get with aged Glitter. It is a little bit chemical, reminiscent of some kind of hair product, and bubblegum like (this smells more like bubblegum than lotus does!) and I’m not so sure about that. I don’t smell as much pumpkin now.

The scent becomes sugary again and loses that bitter note at drydown, when it smells like a soft, fruity pink sugar scent.

Verdict: at first, this is incredibly pretty! It’s Glittery pumpkin-a sweet buttered pumpkin mixed with Glitter, the pear and grapes and bubbly floral notes of that scent smelling lovely with the foody, warm pumpkin. This is girly and youthful and candy-sweet. but then the scent goes a bit odd on me and smells more like bubblegum. Not good bubblegum (like the scent I get with lotus) but fake grape-flavoured bubblegum with a bitter chemical aspect which I am not keen on. It still remains very sweet but a little too fake for me. I really wanted to smell jasmine tea here since I love that stuff, but I get nothing like that here-just fizzy grape bubblegum and neon-coloured pumpkin covered in brightly coloured sugar, but it’s not the kind of sweet scent I like-mainly because of that odd chemical note. I’m picky with my pumpkin scents, and this one just isn’t for me.

Emoticon rating: :P

Is it a keeper? Not really.

If you like this, try: Glitter, Pumpkin Queen, Jack, Thalia, Perilous Parlour

Mmmm... Not surprisingly, it smells like pumpkin tart with jasmine tea and some wine. Nice enough for a food scent, though I could do without the grapes. I think this one is probably too sweet for me, as the plum, grape, and jasmine conspire to soften it.

Imp: Buttery pumpkin, hint of fruitiness...sorta reminds me of the pumpkin and pomegranate blend from last year.

Wet: The grape comes out immediately, shining and juicy and very real. Its like a strong white grape juice with a pumpkin base note. After a few moments, the pear joins the mix too. This is quite fruity and pretty so far. I'm dreading the jasmine, but maybe this won't be bad! The pumpkin has a light spice.

Dry: Unfortunately the "true" grape of the wet phase gives way to an insanely grape-bubble-yum-over-pumpkin-butter scent. Eventually that backs off, but its still "whoa-grape" for most of the dry down.

Overall: Good throw, lasts 4ish hrs on me. I never got jasmine tea, and given my history with bpal jasmine, that was fine. What I ended up with was a super grape gum over pumpkin pie--smells yummy, but its not what I'm looking for in a perfume.