Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

stating the obvious but...Snowcake&smitten&dana O shee= :P :D

The combo is absolutely fabulous, they smell exactly alike!! In addad a few drops of dana in the Smitten cream to make the scent a bit more lasting, and use it of course as a bodycream as well :D

Similarities I've noted:

Dana O'Shee+Snowcake, Chai showergel+Aries, Bon Vivant+Angel Delight soap, Three Witches+Skinny Dip. Also, Flying fox reminds me of BPAL's jasmine note in general (I'm not a jasmine fan though)

I'm currently looking for a scent similar to American Cream as it is the best smelling conditioner I have ever experienced, but it isn't too great on my hair.

Edited by Pookstrell

I am sure we all know about the up and coming Pleasure Treasure message bar! Well, its gourgeous - and it would layer so well with Succubus.

I love them both so much!

Also, I love Happy for S.A.D. and Therapy.

Any smell-alikes I should know of?

I always thought Medea smelled very similar to Happy for S.A.D.

what about brazened honey, the biofresh mask.? i LOVE that scent! but its got about a million ingredients. . .herbs and oils. i can't pick any specific notes out.

I'm really loving Bathsheba right now and I'm wondering how well it will layer with Potion...any opinion? I'm trying to find a good, light lotion that will layer well with it! Thanks!

Bathsheba=Plum, Carnation and Musk.

Ah, JK... zee great minds, zey think alike:

I've been neglecting my bottle of Potion - I guess I haven't been wearing too many simple florals, and I've been slathering on richer moisturizers this winter. But for some reason this morning, it said, "Oh please, I am getting lonely!" So on with the Potion, and then... Bathsheba! This smells SOOOOOO good together... spicy carnations with a little sweetness....

(ETA - this was in the Lush thread, in the fashion & makeup subforum :P )

Edited by ivyandpeony

I just got some Demon in the Dark the other day, but I thought the apple would be more apparent.... Does anything in the BPAL catalogue remind you of this scent? Because apples+mint sounds....mhmmm!

here's a challenge......... are there any BPALS that smell like the dearly departed FLORABUNDANCE ballistic?

I would LOVE a scent similar to lovely Florabundance!!! *pines for a fresh Florabundance ballistic...*

And I want to thank all the people that mentioned Delirium = Amandopondo. I had Derlirium for a month now & just hadn't gotten to trying it. I loooove it! :P

I'm really loving Bathsheba right now and I'm wondering how well it will layer with Potion...any opinion?  I'm trying to find a good, light lotion that will layer well with it!  Thanks!

I think it would go really nicely with potion - but I think it would be complimentary, not really really similar, because potion does not have the plum. I though bathsheba was only 'ok' because of the plum, which is not really me, but I love potion...

I tried ahathoor the other day & I think it will go REALLY well with potion - there must be carnation in it! I'm so happy I've got the solar collection on order :P

I'm really loving Bathsheba right now and I'm wondering how well it will layer with Potion...any opinion? I'm trying to find a good, light lotion that will layer well with it! Thanks!

I think it would go really nicely with potion - but I think it would be complimentary, not really really similar, because potion does not have the plum. I though bathsheba was only 'ok' because of the plum, which is not really me, but I love potion...

I tried ahathoor the other day & I think it will go REALLY well with potion - there must be carnation in it! I'm so happy I've got the solar collection on order :P

I think Desdemona would go pretty well with Potion as well.

I found that Antique Lace smells a bit like Fairy Jasmine/All That Jazz/Silky Underwear.  More vanilla-ry, but there's something there that calls it to mind.

Ooh, I must try Antique lace then. I love Lush's soft jasmine fragrances (NOT a fan of Flying Fox and Youki-Hi though!).

I would love to find a scent that smells like Sympathy for the Skin or the Glitterbugs. Therapy is one of my faves too. Any ideas?

I know I must just be missing it - but I haven't seen anyone say that masquerade smells like icon and karma (I consider the two pretty similiar).

What about hollywood bbs. I love hollywood and would love to find something to go well with it.

I think jailbait might go really good with rockstar, and possibly bordello and jester.

I (heart) youki-hi. Is it the *exact* same scentwise as flying fox? I'm looking for a bpal oil that will remind me of the bath cookie, since I won't use it--glitter isn't my thing, but free stuff--and jasmine--is. I still can't believe how much like real jasmine milk tea it smells to my nose, and I wants to slather in it!!!

I already want to get Siren because of the combination of ginger and jasmine, but if there's something closer to the ballistic, please do tell!

ETA BBcode in lieu of html. Silly me.

Edited by dragynsidhe

I (heart) youki-hi. Is it the *exact* same scentwise as flying fox? I'm looking for a bpal oil that will remind me of the bath cookie, since I won't use it--glitter isn't my thing, but free stuff--and jasmine--is. I still can't believe how much like real jasmine milk tea it smells to my nose, and I wants to slather in it!!!

I already want to get Siren because of the combination of ginger and jasmine, but if there's something closer to the ballistic, please do tell!

ETA BBcode in lieu of html. Silly me.

I have to agree with starrykitten. Flying Fox and Youki-Hi have the exact same fragrance, though Youki-Hi is 10 times stronger. Siren is not even similar to me, I love Siren to bits but loathe the other two. I have not encountered any BPAL similar to FF/YH, but that could be due to the fact that I mainly try to avoid strong jasmine scents. :P

Blood Kiss IS Flying Saucers.

hmm...i would never think to make that connection and i do love both of these!

flying saucer is honeycomb, palmarossa, cypress, benzoin and ylang ylang...the two do have vetivert in common but blood kiss is full of red wine, cloves, and vanilla...so i don't know that i think these are similar scent-wise but they def. are both wonderful :P

Edited by lavinia

apologies to mayfair as i haven't put your name on the quote :P

I have to agree with starrykitten. Flying Fox and Youki-Hi have the exact same fragrance, though Youki-Hi is 10 times stronger. Siren is not even similar to me, I love Siren to bits but loathe the other two. I have not encountered any BPAL similar to FF/YH, but that could be due to the fact that I mainly try to avoid strong jasmine scents. :D

phantasm :D

when fresh this is EXACTLY the same as flying fox. when it's been open a while it becomes more of a lemon verbena/jasmine scent, but is still a really good companion to FF/YH

Edited by Nemesister

I seem to remember that somebody mentioned the caterpillar smelled like flying fox

Edited to correct myself: Somebody said The Caterpillar was good for layering with Flying Fox... I have a record of what ppl considered similar: Oneroi, Love Me, Midnight, Vixen, Phantasm, Delight, Twilight and New Orleans is what I put down for Flying Fox similarity... I haven't smelled any of them but ordered New Orleans, as somehow I imagine this to be most on the heavy jasmine side of all...

Edited by blu°

I just got an imp of Hetairae and to me it smells just like Bnever shower gel! I'm definitely getting a BIG bottle of this one next order.

I wrote this in my Hetairae review but it reminds me of Flying Saucers with patchouli thrown it :P

It has the earthy depth of honey that the Saucers have...mmm...

Chaste Moon is similar to Snow Cake with a heightened gormand-vibe.