Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

For some reason I thought I had posted it but couldn't find my post so if I am just being braincrampy, please forgive ...

Weird one, but I've found that the drydown of Venom reminds me a lot of Sakura ... that clean laundrry/cherry blossom scent. And the funny thing is I don't like cherry blossom in anything but Sakura and Venom (not even sure if Venom has cherry blossom or if the note that seems to similar to me is something else completely) ...

Was showering at the gym with Tramp and got to thinking that Aureus reminds me of Tramp :P

and also, for Silky Undies lovers, Venom & Umbra together smell like this.

Venom on its own reminds me of Sex Bomb & Sakura/Seanick together!

To me, Hollywood smells most strongly of jasmine and roses, so you might want to search the BPAL site for oils with those two components. Also, if you've tried Lush's Fever massage bar, it has the same scent--only more waxy / lipsticky.

Dana O'Shee and Snowcake are carbon copies, IMHO. No one mentions this, but Two Timing Tart bubble bath and Hollywood Babylon were made for each other!

i think perversion smells a lot like absolution massage bar. it must be the tonka.

and i think the lion, in the wet phase, smells a lot like floating island. could it be the sandlewood?

both the lion and perversion are fantastic!

i could be crazy, but Queen has elements of METTR to it. surprising and quite nice :P

Also Midnight smells somewhat like a LUSH floral I can't put my finger on at the moment. I think it could be Figs 'n Leaves..

Smitten - the new handcream that has debuted in the UK - keeps that Snowcake & Dana O'Shee vibe going. I had to order some stuff from the UK and pay the $$ for shipping, I just could not wait. :P Ianastar, you are going to LOVE it....

I use it for body cream... the consistency is about the same as Dream Cream, it's rich so a little goes a long way and it's not much more expensive than D.C. if you compare grams to grams. I like it with Snow White too, and I think it will go wonderfully with lots of honey - almond scents (I'm thinking Queen of Sheba next....) Not that I don't love Dream Cream, but I usually don't go for lavender during the day, and that's what Dream Cream smells like to me.

I, too, have to jump on the bandwagon and note that Dana O'Shee smells just like Snowcake.  Seriously.  Just like Snowcake.

I keep hearing this....but I think it smells more like Snow White? The piece of Snowcake I have has no almond scent at all--dry or wet or on my skin. It's all creamy, flowery, vanilly goodness.

Oneiroi and Waving Not Drowning smell similar to me.

Yeah, they really do. All the dream oils seem to have quite a lot of lavender in them, as a matter of fact, so I think if you took a bath in WND or the Lavender Blissard ballistic and then layered it with one of the dream oils, you might not make it to the bed! :P

Xiutecuhtli and Avobath work really well together!

Really? I never in a million years would have put those two together. I guess you really like the combo, yeah?

Hmmm, what do you guys say? Does Loralei smell anything like Noriko? I love the smell of Noriko and it's described as ylang ylang, orange, lavender and rose. Now, the lavender isn't very noticable in Noriko, and neroli smells orangey. I think Noriko would go really well with sandalwood, so those two scents should go together well.

Thoughts, ideas?

People who liked Lush's Flowertub bubble bar or Gavarnie Soap may like The Moon from the Tarot Oils series. I think that they're completely identical. However, between skim chemistry differences and the fact that I'm not a fan of either Flowertub or Gavarnie, I may be a little biased. :P

I would love to find something that compliments Lush's Flying Fox - it's such a sensual jasmine and honey smell - I get so many compliments from just showering with that Gel that I would love to have something to layer with it.

If anyone has read Tom Robbin's 'Jitterbug Perfume' Flying Fox is exactly how I would imagine the perfume in that book would smell.

'"I am sweet" says jasmine'

I would love to find something that compliments Lush's Flying Fox - it's such a sensual jasmine and honey smell - I get so many compliments from just showering with that Gel that I would love to have something to layer with it.

If anyone has read Tom Robbin's 'Jitterbug Perfume' Flying Fox is exactly how I would imagine the perfume in that book would smell.

I thought Love Me smelled a lot like Flying Fox

I found that Antique Lace smells a bit like Fairy Jasmine/All That Jazz/Silky Underwear. More vanilla-ry, but there's something there that calls it to mind.

And Velvet smells just like Cupcake Fresh Mask when it goes on. :P

I thought Love Me smelled a lot like Flying Fox

well, i have posted b/f that oneiroi the dream oil is exactly like flying fox :D

and i am in love with love me :P but it is definitely cinnamonny and got some spice going on that isn't in flying fox so i would necessarily link the two as similar- i am sure they are great to use together though :D

My favorite Lush soap is Ooh la la... the herbs and wininess added to the lavender... mmm.

Also, I love Happy for S.A.D. and Therapy.

Any smell-alikes I should know of?

here's a challenge......... are there any BPALS that smell like the dearly departed FLORABUNDANCE ballistic?

and what do folks wear with CREAMY CANDY/ROCK STAR?

here's a challenge......... are there any BPALS that smell like the dearly departed FLORABUNDANCE ballistic?

and what do folks wear with CREAMY CANDY/ROCK STAR?

Dragon's Milk

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Jester

Jailbait (maybe, it's bubblegummish.)

Horn of Plenty (really sweet.)

Lolita (cotton candyish)

I love Rockstar Soap.

I dunno about Florabundance, while I have some, I dunno what would go w/ them.... *big hugs* sorry!

--Mystina

I tried (old) new orleans and the jasmine was pretty strong in it & I thought it would go well with flying fox - but unfortunately the cinammon in it stung my arms.

I tried Salome the other day & I think that goes beautifully with flying fox - not the same but compilmentary.

talking of cinammon - I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but tintagel is very much like Chai shower gel to me :D

edited - cos I quoted the wrong quote.... :P

Edited by sarahjay