Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Vanilla

Lush to BPAL scent comparisons (BNever included too)

Are there any scents similar to the Soft Coeur or Christmas Massage Bars?

Soft Coeur Massage Bar

Cocoa, honey and sweet orangey goodness

Christmas Massage Bar

Orangey creamcicle plus cinnamon/nutmeg

I did a search for B Never Too Busy, etc., and I found a website for a completely different company in the UK---does anyone know anything about it and if it smells anything like the sweet and honeyed lovelies of BPAL and Lush?

BNever is made by the LUSH founders, it's a perfume-make up-antiques thing. The perfumes are more "perfumey" than LUSH scents are and there are some unusual fragrances among them, like B Scent, which has a strong fennel note. There's a special subforum on the LUSH UK site discussing BNever products.

They run the B Never Shower Gel regularly and among the scent lines you mentioned: not sure whether they have something with a honey scent, but the sweeter scents among the perfumes are : Love (apples, cinnamon, sparkly-bubbly), Keep it fluffy (vanilla, rose) and Cocktail (pastel coloured creamy florals).

I haven't tried mixing Tramp (soon to be nonexistent, woe is me!) with anything else yet, but I'm open to suggestions. I'd really like to find something that compliments the patchouli, but doesn't make it stronger.

I read that Tramp was saved from being discontinued, but am not completely sure about it.

As for scent combination suggestions, Belladonna is a very green scent, and has a little bit of the smooth green vibe that's in Tramp without being actually like it, though.

Also try Greed, which has some similarity to Tramp (but is strong on the patchouli).

I usually wear it with Karma because the sweetest of the orange tones it down a bit, and while I'm talking about Karma, I'd love someone to suggest any BPAL scents that are remotely close to Karma--no matter if they lean more towards the orange or more towards the patchouli, although a similar scent with almost no patchouli is really what I'm looking for so I can enjoy the uplift of Karma without giving my mom a sinus headache when I wear it.

Hm. There are three blends with ingredients listed similar to Karma's, but all of them contain patchouli: Ravenous, Vixen and Masquerade. I haven't tried the first two of them so I can't really tell you whether they are very strong on patchouli or rather light.

You could go and try blends that list oranges or orange blossom together with other ingredients that you like, or just go trying around.

Myself, I was amazed at finding Dragon's Blood to compliment Karma in a nice way. However, I've come off both scents a little, so someone else might be able to give better advise here.

I've never tried Karma, but for orange/patchouli, I'd definitely recommend Ravenous, and definitely NOT Vixen.

Regarding Tramp, I thought that BPAL's Dance of Death smelled almost exactly like it, and patchouli does not seem to be on top in that blend for me (though to be fair, patchouli is just about my favorite scent in the world so I probably just accept its presence unquestioningly). Actually I seem to have a problem smelling patchouli at all in a blend...I practically have to sniff the pure essential oil to get what I feel is a strong enough dose!

But if someone wanted to amp up Tramp I'd suggest Dance of Death...it smells, uh, dark green to me. :P

I hope that Tramp stays around, it's my very favorite Lush product even though I haven't tried many...I will buy a vat of it if it comes back in a large size.

I skimmed this whole thread looking, but I couldn't find the answer so...

Is there anything that smells like Sea Vegetable?

I wan't to smell like that, not just my bathroom!

What would anyone recceomend for a Flying Fox match?

If you can find Honey Moon, that would be your closest match.

I had an Auntie Pamela bath last night and I had a clear realisation that it was two BPALs mixed together. I've now forgotton which they were...

ETA: OOh I think I've remembered. It was Tushnamatay with Beatrice!

Gomorrah and Jungle smell wonderful together. :P

And Beaver Moon and Snow Fairy.

I also like Schnuggle with Somnus or Oneiroi.

Would Bliss (or Velvet, or Gluttony?) be most like Lush's "Sonic Death Monkey"?

Lily

you want something with a hint of orange in to be like SDM - not sure what that would be. bliss is more like cadbury's dairy milk, velvet is drier with the sandalwood & all I can remember about gluttony was that I had to get rid of it as quickly as possible...

maybe bliss layered with an orangey something would be good.

Have you tried Ravenous? :D I think it smells so close to Sonic Death Monkey or at least so much that it's highly complimentary.

It's probably been mentioned but the closest thing to Potion, on me, is Carnivale. :P

It is interesting how body chemistry works out...I know someone posted that Antique Lace reminded her of Fairy Jasmine, but on me it is a dead ringer for Butterball.

I mean *exactly* like butterball. MMMMM

Would Bliss (or Velvet, or Gluttony?) be most like Lush's "Sonic Death Monkey"?

Lily

Vice smells the most like Sonic Death Monkey to me. :D

I just showered with Sonic death Monkey, used some Heavenly Bodies Buttercream, slathered with Sympathy for the Skin. Now, adding some Vice. So edible smelling! :P

Is ther any BPAL that smells like Blue Sky BBS... I took a bath with it last night and I was in smellie heaven. The closest I can think of is Samhain, anything closer I am overlooking?

Sin, baby! :P

Sin & Faustus are the two that I think are closest to Blue Skies. I loooooove Blue Skies!

I don't know whether it's been mentioned already, but Ouija reminds me very much of Lush's Softy Bath Ballistic.

The Perfumed Garden is Fairy Jasmine/Alkmaar in BPAL form. That is all.

I got a Rock Star reaction from the most unexpected BPAL ever...Allegory! That was weird, but I liked that.

Despair also smells a bit like Dream Cream at times.

Hm, I've been thinking about getting into Lush, that is until BPAL gets their soaps back. Anyone know of a Lush (or, heck, Dark Swan, or any soap, really) that smells like Hades?

Okay, doesn't have to smell just like Hades, it can just compliment it. Anything myrrh-tastical would probably work. Anyone? Bueller?

The Perfumed Garden is Fairy Jasmine/Alkmaar in BPAL form. That is all.

:P

That's sooo much what I had been hoping for with the Morrocan jasmine, and that's why from all the Lupercalia PG was the one I simply HAD to have. I cannot wait for my order to arrive now!!!

aedes, I'm sorry, I wouldn't know of any Lush soap that has myrrh. The only earthy kind of soap that there was is being discontinued now (Waylander Rhassoul a.k.a. Middle Earth turns into Rock). :D It didn't have myrrh, though, as far as I know.

Maybe somebody else is better informed than I am and can help.

ETA: what I was going to post originally :D

--> Something in Silk Road or in the way the ingredients mingle reminds me strongly of Jungle/Flower Tub.

Edited by blu°

Are there any BPAL scents that smell like the Big Blue ballistic? Or heck, ANY perfume oils? I might consider making an exception to my BPAL-only perfume policy if I could get something that smelled like that.

does anyone know of any bpal scents that smell like/compliment elixer or black magic? i'm absolutely in love with both scents (which are very similar to my nose) at the moment and would love to get a perfume of it

sorry if someone's asked about either of these products, i skimmed the thread then did a search but didn't find anything

Hesperides is full of appley goodness, it would be wonderful with temptation IMHO. I love Fever with Morocco and I think Hot Java would smell great with Scales of Depravation, but i'm weird that way. I also see that someone on the LUSH forum's likens Hot Toddy to Chokmah. I too wish there was a perfume of Elixer, though I suspect that Sudha Segera would go well, and whooperwill, though a limited had that same type of sweet ginger goodness to my nose. I luurrvveee elixer. I'm wondering if the Olive Branch would be a good primer to Dracul or Kitsune Tsuki.

I just got a gift of some B Never, and the Love bubble bar smells just like a mix of Night's Pavilion and The Perfumed Garden. :P

1000 Kisses Deep has myrrh, and it's really good, but I don't know about BPAL similarities because I haven't enjoyed the blends with myrrh.

I think if I wore my Celestial moisturizer and MB Underpants or Beaver Moon, I would be tempted to eat myself. Mmmmm, creamy goodness.