Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tramp

Green Tree Viper

Snake Oil with four mints, bergamot, and green tea.

chocolate, then mint, green tea, love it!

I like this because you can smell individual notes and it's bright and lovely. The snake oil gives it a chocolate warmth but everything else keeps it light and interesting. The tea scent is true and the cooling mint is there but not Whoa.

I am a HUGE addict of Snapples Lime Green tea, so this scent is right up my alley! It's just a perfect blend of the barely herbal green tea, with the fruitiness from the bergamot, and the up-and-at'em of the mints. It's a regular in my rotation. Not a strong throw, but a nice clean waft every once in a while.

I've had my GTV decant rolling around in my imp tray for ages - I finally feel like I've got my head wrapped around it...

Wet, it's peppermint & cocoa - deep, dry cocoa, not chocolate. The mint is rounded out beautifully by a touch of smooth vanilla - at this stage, it's most assuredly a foodie scent, and if I made a dessert that tasted the way this smells, I'd be in business for life, I think :D

After a few minutes, though, the serpent starts twisting & things morph incredibly - the mint lingers, as does the vanilla, but the cocoa slips into the shadows & bergamot flicks its tongue out, a tart, snappy edge under the round sweetness. SnakeOil goes PlayDoh on my skin, as a rule, and I can tell that without the mint & bergamot, it'd do the same again here. But instead, it's this cushiony, almost chewy scent, almost like mint saltwater taffy.

Left to its own devices, GTV dries down to a lovely deep mint & tea scent, with a hint of that round vanilla keeping things sweet & delectable. This was & is one of the Big Surprises of my BPAL life thus far - it's not something I reach for often, but it is a spectacular scent, delicious & cooling with marvellous wearlength & throw... :P

ETA: Ow. I reapplied late this afternoon, a stinking hot day when my pores were most certainly open. I now have 2 little welts along the nape of my neck. The mint, perhaps? Certainly not a deal-breaker, but I will make a mental note not to wear this on sensitive bits in hot weather...

Edited by tartchef

In bottle/imp: Creamy and minty.

Immediately on skin: Strong mint with a bit of creaminess to it. There’s another note in there too… adding a brightness to the blend that isn’t the mint. I’m thinking it’s the bergamot, but that usually turns into a cologne type scent on me.

After a few minutes: Oh my goodness. I must have a bottle of this. The mint has faded and the result is something I can only describe as Snake Oil Tea. It’s crisp and beautiful, but still retains the S.O. notes we know and love.

Overall Impressions: I was on the verge of skipping this because of the mint, but I’m so glad I didn’t. I absolutely love this scent. The tea note is very prominent, and it’s a crisp scent, but the Snake Oil still makes an appearance. If you love the Lab’s tea scents, you should definitely give this one a try.

Yep..

Minty snake oil!

The mint is strong at first without being overpowering.. but it fades fast on me. Mint always tends to do that. It's a spicy/vanilla/mint.

Then it leaves behind the snake oil but it's not as sexy as the normal snake oil... it seems to be more mellowed but still just as musky..

The throw isn't as much as snake oil either but it's definately pleasant!

I can's smell bergamot at all...

Not may favourite snake so far but still nice.

I never would have paired snake oil with mint..or..anything fresh for that matter like green tea or begamot!

Interesting!

Wet, mint.

Drying, tea and mint...I seem to smell something a little like Dorian, but, greener.

I didn't think I'd like this because I don't usually like mint flavored things...but, the Lab's mint notes are different. This seems much fresher and cooler than Snake Oil. It would be nice on a hot day.

Probably my favourite Snake :D There is still one more to try.

The Snake Oil element here is not as strong. Starts out as a very creamy MINT and fades to bergamot and green tea over vanilla-musk. A creamy but fresh scent.

Reminds me a bit of Theodosius with the tea and musk and bergamot. However it works so much better for me than Theodosius. Really very nice summer scent. :P

Oh yum.

This so far is my favorite of the Snake Pit. The mint in this actually reminds me somewhat of Beltane 2008. Once on the skin, the bergamot and Snake Oil come to the fore, and the mints fade to the background.

The only sad part about this is that apparently my skin eats this like whoa. It's been about 10 minutes since I put this on and I can't really smell it at all. Sad.

This is my first try into the world of Snake Oil and thus the snake pit! The imp smells of over powering peppermint to me, it was like opening up a new bag of fresh peppermint leaves, honestly I was rather scared to put this on, but once I did it mellowed out to be a nice sweet peppermint chocolate chip scent on me.

It continues to mellow out for about a half an hour and then just settles on a nice sweet mintflavor.

This scent is a gorgeous contrast between the warm sugar of Snake Oil and cool mint. :P Culinarily speaking, I'm not a big mint fan, but this scent is everything I wish mint could be.

Like others have remarked, it almost has a chocolate vibe. With aging, the mint smoothes out, but is still perfectly obvious. The mint lasts longer in my scent locket than it does on my skin - so I wear it in the locket and on the skin simultaneously.

I mourn the eventual demise of the Snake Pit, there's really nothing else quite like my favorite snakes. :D

Snake Oil topped with mint ice cream...with a cup of Earl Grey tea. :P Exactly as described!

From the bottle, I get a blast of earthy, sweet mint. On skin, it's sweet minty Snake Oil--with bergamot.

Patchouli, vanilla, something herbal and green and citrusy (the bergamot and tea).

Love it! A must try if you like mint--or Earl Grey tea. A great version of Snake Oil!

Dries down kind of maple-syrupy on me.

Scaringly minty in the imp, it turns to be the best early grey tea cup I ever had in my life! Creamy and fresh, and I feel the chocolate vibe too, not sweet at all. Paired with some wiccy it`s heaven.

Edited by Champagne

This.... is too much mint. I didn't know I didn't like smelling like minty perfume, but now I do. Swaps.

All I can say is this is a beautiful scent. At first it reminds me of Tokyo Stomp, without the cake. Then the snake oil shyly comes out to play after about 15 minutes and the combination is to die for. Great summertime scent, and very sexy..

In the imp, very minty, but the vanilla is also there, along with the familiar spices, leaving me with the impression of a mint chocolate. This could be interesting...

Wet, the mint is still there. But it's just more mint chocolate then it was before.

Dry, spicy mint chocolate. Interesting, but a little too foody for me, I'm afraid.

Edited by maikastar

I never got a lot of mint from this at first - mainly just bergamot, which was nice but nothing special. I've since tried it again this week, and I love it. It's only been aged for a few months, but there is such a difference. I can smell the mint now, and the Snake Oil (I assume, I've never tried it though) just gives it this underlying, sexy sweetness. So beautiful. Great staying power too.

First Sniff: Creamy, mint green tea laced with Snake Oil.

On Skin: Starts off as a creamy vanilla mint with a small dose of chocolate. In the background snake oil appears and I can detect a whiff of green tea.

Drydown: The mint appears to disappear and and I am left with a green tea snake oil, heavy on the vanilla.

Final thoughts: A beautiful, summery and soothing version of snake oil. I would definitely have to say that this everything I love about BPAL. A classic scent combined with some of my all time favorite notes.

Edited by Schmoozy

In The Bottle

Sweet peppermint with a touch of vanilla

On Application

Gorgeous mint

Dry Down

The Snake Oil starts to emerge about 5 minutes into the drydown to round out the mint but the mint stays strong. The tea does poke through a little to give a slight muskiness. I love this. The Snake Oil doesn't take over but seem to give the mint longevity.

Rating (0-5)

Ooooo, Snake Oil with a zingy, refreshing, effervescent mint twist. It's green and minty and cool, yet sweet and sticky and vanilla - ish at the same time. This actually reminds me very much of the gorgeous Tokyo Stomp; it has the very same vanilla mint decadence quality to it.

On the dry down, the green tea comes out a little more, which is a lovely compliment to the the sweet mint. This is unbelievably lovely, very sweet, fresh and girly at the same time.

well, I got the green tree viper unsniffed because the Snakes have all worked out pretty well for me so far (better than plain SO) and I live in a warm climate so figured the mint would enable summer wearing. It´s been awhile since the GTV and I have gone out, but I decided to do a little slathering today and see how we´re getting along (I´d guess my bottle is about 8mos - a year old now?). Well, turns out that we can keep a steady thing happening. While regular SO (in spite of repeated vain attepmts) goes powdery on me, GTV does nothing of the kind. There is a soft powdery sense to it, but this feels like the powder that you get on your fingers when you pick up or rub marshmallows. To my nose today this is fabulous green tea slightly herbal barely minty marshmallows! DIVINE. Yay. Sexy. I have to try the rest of the snakes...

Edited by Avery

Divine!

This is mint and snake oil.. all the freaking way. It's not that harsh mint that you can sometimes get that can burn your nose, this is that mint that's for dessert. The perfect amount of snake oil behind it adds to it.. making it so sweetly sexy. There's a little bit of green tea behind it, just making it a bit airy, but not compromising the overall effect at all. Just beautiful... :P

I was frimped with this and have kept the frimp at work ever since.

Wet - I can smell mostly the bergamot with some mint -- the top is very tart and citrus-y and then sweet and smooth. The snake oil is most prominent as the bottom note.

Dry - the mint and bergamot fade away to leave me pure snake oil!!

Now I have to order the whole snake pit. :P

Got to try a bit of this from Eyeska's stash. For about the first 20 minutes or so, it smells just like After Eight mints, which I absolutely love. A few hours later, it smells like Earl Grey tea. And After Eights.

I might need to order a bottle of this.

Oh man, this smells insanely good in the bottle. Creamy vanilla mint with a hint of SO.

This is similarly awesome on the skin. I had so far had good luck with bpal mints (Tokyo Stomp/Lick It/GRR), and this doesn't disappoint. I still get that lovely minty tingle, but it's not as sweet as the other mints I have. It has that tea note to make it a bit more interesting and the SO to darken it up a bit. I've heard this best described as a summer blend, but I can see wearing it for all seasons. I am going to give this a bit more time to dry, but as long as it doesn't change too much, this is a winner!

Yep, this is awesome! The SO never gets too heavy (sometimes it is overwhelming for me), the mint calms down a bit, and this turns into a lovely minty-vanilla sexied up by Snake Oil! Totally worth the bottle!

my most anticipated snakey. =)

in bottle: mint and green tea with some resin in the back.

wet on skin: the cocoa that people have mentioned mixed with the mint. the green tea note makes it fresh. bergamot went acrid on me in Theodosius, for a little while, but is fine here. The green tea and the mints keep SO from being too heavy. it's really nice.

drydown: sweetens up, but still fresh. this is a perfect balance for those resin/spice lovers out there that want a lighter scent for work/everyday but still feels like them.

out of 10: 9.00 :P