Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A feisty bouquet of golden, warm, gently honeyed lilies.

Wet: Smells like pure, sweet lilies.

Dry: I can smell warm, delicious honey heating up the lilies. I feel like I'm surrounded by its powdery softness. It smells wonderful!

I love this scent. I will be wearing this one often. :P

It's nice, well-blended, assuredly warm-- lilies drowsing in the sun is precisely it-- but I think I prefer the chilled lilies in Sepulchre, and as I have a 5 ml. of that on the way, I won't be getting a big bottle of Tiger Lily anytime soon. For the honey scents, I also prefer Alice and O. This is good; just not great.

In the vial

Sweet lilies drenched with sunlight.

Wet

Strong lily florals... in a dank, musty basement. Er... What has my skin done this time?

Drydown

Oh, there's the honey! This softens into a sweet lily scent over a honeyed background. It's vaguely powdery on me, but in a good way. This is a very pretty scent. It's innocent & gentle.

Final Thoughts

Definitely a keeper. I'll have to think about whether or not it warrants a bottle or if an imp is enough.

Edited by inkstone

Tiger Lily is a lovely, bright but light floral in the vial.

On my skin, this becomes very smooth and well-rounded, the greenness of the lilies perfectly balanced by the sweetness of honey. For this is a very sweet honey note: it has none of the sourness honey can sometimes display as in the early stages of O, for instance. Here, it imparts warmth and a touch of powderiness to the blend.

This is very pretty and smooth, maybe a little too unassuming to warrant a full bottle, but really nice.

I was so worried Tiger Lily was going to go super sweet on me, like so many florals do. But it didn't! And I couldn't be more pleased.

In the bottle it smells like lilies, soft and summery. On my skin it actually became stronger, and as usual, sweeter. But it's the honey sweet, not the floral sweet that gives me a headache. This is a very elegant scent on me. Something to wear on a night out. I like this one, but I don't think I could wear it every day.

This is my new love - my precious :P

This is one of the only oils I have tried that stayed the same scent in the bottle and on the skin.

It's beautiful lillies drenched in honey - that simple. And that lovely! I would never have thought that combining something so floral with honey would work. But it does - oh how it does :D I'm simply in love and I think this will be the one that I buy my first big bottle of!

For some reason I keep thinking Tiger Lily is a single note fragrance, so I was surprised to get a freebie imp of it, but then I remembered...it's part of the Mad Tea Party!

I was not sure where I stood with lilies, to be honest. I like them in the garden, I love them in the spring when the warmth of the sun is releasing their heady scent, but as a perfume I thought it would be too cloying and sickly sweet. I've passed over some other lily scents for that reason, but the honey in this really does make all the difference.

The smell is not too strong in the bottle, and when I put some on my wrists I didn't feel as though I was surrounded by a funeral bouquet or trapped in an Easter parade. This is the smell of natural lilies lolling their heavy heads in the sunlight. With time, it does turn to a more powdery honeysuckle fragrance -- one of several that I've tried that remind me of a honey flavored dusting powder I've tried. The liles in sunlight have been taken inside into a bedroom and arranged neatly on a dresser, covered in a white doily.

Not the kind of thing I'd get a 5 ML of, since florals aren't typically my thing but I could see wanting to wear this on certain spring days, or with a bright orange dress.

Edit: Okay so I DID like it enough to get a 5 ml bottle! :P And I'm so glad I did! I can't stop smelling this now, I absolutely adore it...one of the only sweet fragrances I've really gone for. This will be perfect in warmer weather.

Edited by sarada

In the bottle: Wow, that's stronger than I had anticipated. It hits you with this pure...well, I think of it as orangeness. You can smell honey and, I guess, lilies. I admit to not being able to recall what lilies smell like. But this is fairly strong.

Wet: There's something kind of musky in the background note that I don't really like. In fact, I'm just not overly fond of this floral much at all. It needs something to make it lighter for me. This is strong and kinda cloying and I'm getting a touch of a headache.

Dry down: It's more spicey than musky, I guess. This reminds me of the blends with carnation in them. Unfortunately, I have problems with those blends. This is a little more honey than spice, though. Not honey sweet but honey bright and warm and sticky. A little bit strong for me.

Dry: Well, it's calmed down a little, but it's still not a smell that I really care that much for. It's bright and warm and still kinda dense. I perfer the lighter, sweeter scents in general. It might be useful as a room scent except for that slight headache it gives me. I don't dislike it, and I don't really care for it. This is one of my undecideds so I'll keep it around for another test drive later on.

The first sniff of this on my skin elicited an oooh! from me. I'm not sure I'll love it though, as I've really got to be in the mood for it, and sometimes it can be sharply, soapy sweet. There is something about it though...as at other times, it's a richly sweet, warm, round floral.... It very slightly reminds me of Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise, which I have a Love You/Kind of Like You relationship with too, but Tiger Lily is more intimate with its simple beauty, and the addition of the sun-kissed honey and hint of powdery spice.

While wet, Tiger Lily smells golden and powdery white, like lilies dipped in a light coating of honey... with the stems crushed, I smell some greenery in the backround.

I can definately smell more honey in the drydown phase, not fighting with the boquet but complimenting it perfectly.

...I don't think I will ever find a honey scent from BPAL that I don't like and this is no exception. beautiful, with lots of staying power. It evokes images of a huge field of proud flowers tilting their heads and opening up to greet the sun.

Mmmm...can't wait for summertime. bigger bottle in my future!

I am more familiar with the smell of asiatic lilies than tiger lilies, so I can't say if it smells like tiger lilies. Mostly it smells like very spicy honey, with a bit of floral. I like it a lot, it's a nice warm scent, sweet and spicy. Feminine, but not overly floral. Sweet, but not cloying. Spicy, but not bitter. It has great staying power too, I put it on before work and didn't need to touch it up all day.

Tiger lilies are one of my favorite flowers, so I couldn't wait to see how Beth's Mad Tea Party version turned out.

The one thing I don't like about lilies is the cloyingly sweet smell they get after they've bloomed fully, and since Beth's single notes in calla lily and stargazer lily capture the peak of the flowers so perfectly, without any of that overpowering sweet ... well, stench, to me :P ... I had high hopes for Tiger Lily to do the same.

There's a definite whiteness to Tiger Lily for me. I'd guess that Tiger Lily is a combination of calla, stargazer, and maybe a drop of carnation to get the spicy note that you get when you stick your nose down into a brightly colored lily. It's wonderful - it really does have the snap and crackle of a tiger lily - and the honey note is a nice complement, too.

I was worried the honey note would push this wonderful floral back into the too-sweet stage I mentioned before, but there was no cause for alarm. In fact, the honey gives Tiger Lily a softness it needs - the scent is very vibrant, very "bam!", in Emeril-speak, all while retaining a gracious, classic scent feel before the honey comes out - it blurs the edges a bit and gives it a heat-wave shimmer that pulls the intensity of the scent back and forth. The honey gives Tiger Lily a chance to be fun, flirty, elegant, over-the-top, and subtle all at once.

As seems to be the case with the "lighter" florals - I don't mean intensity so much as I mean their place on a scale, top to bottom, of scent .... picture vetiver at the bottom and apple blossom or dandelion towards the top, if that helps make sense of what I can't explain well - Tiger Lily gets soaked into my skin very quickly. It has beautiful throw and fairly strong intensity while it lasts - in fact, this small cloud clinging close to me is exactly what I like my scents to do - it just doesn't last more than about 45 minutes. I even made my mother, who can smell ridiculous small things across the room, sniff me, and she thought I'd just had a shower and was trying to fool her into finding a perfume I wasn't actually wearing.

It's only the lack of staying power - on me - that makes Tiger Lily a swap-away.

Edited by jj_j

This smells lie a field of lillies, one a warm summer aftrenoon. I do not pick up the honey at all just lillies and it stays just the same in the bottle, wet, and dry. If you like lillies you will love this one.

I loved this when I first put it on. It was like no other floral by BPAL I have tried.

But then my skin ate it up. I can hardly smell it now, so I put a few drops on again and TA-DUH, fields and fields of lilies, basking in the glow of the sun...

Gone!

Ok, maybe after I take a bath this will change. I hope so.

(Note: I was going to write BAM! too, but didn't. Someone else did before me!)

Edited by Madame Nyx

In the bottle: Sweet, sweet, sweet, and lightly floral. It's very innocent and pretty.

Wearing: As usual, the lily goes from light and innocent to full and voluptuous, which isn't a bad thing. The honey is very pronounced on me, but it's not heavy like other honey blends (case in point: O). It doesn't give me a headache! I'm just afraid that it's going to turn into burning rubber bands like O and Snow White did.

Later: It didn't last very long, but no rubber bands, either! Ah, this is good. It did smell a bit toasty, though, like a roasted marshmallow...again, not a bad thing. I really like this. It's simple and very beautiful--a perfect scent for early spring when things are just starting to bud, but the vegetation isn't fully lush yet. Definitely keeping this.

First sniff: Oh, this is pretty. Tall graceful flowers rippling in the late-afternoon sun.

Wearing: Lily-sweet and soft honey with just a tiny hint of powder. This scent made me smile several times during a hellish night at work. Must have.

In the bottle I can smell - unsuprisingly - lillies. and just a tiny tang of honey to keep it from being overly sweet. I didnt like it in the bottle at first, but now I do.

When I put it on, the lilies jump out, and become very very salty on me as well. I'm not sure why!! It's still a very nice scent though.

After a while, the salty edge disappears and a tiny tiny bit of honey comes through, which warms the whole scent up slightly. It does become significently weakr after a few hours though, which I found a bit disappointing.

When it's on fresh though, a tiny bit goes A LONG way!! I would love to smell like this on a warm summer evening, as it's so..refreshing, and sparkling. I wouldn't say it's gender neutral though, on me it's an extrememly feminine scent, so boys be wary!

I'm so SO happy with this one, as I had resigned myself to the fact that NO florals were going to work on me EVER, and were all going to smell of Jasmine, (which I dont like at all) or lavender.

I'm seriously considering a 10ml of this in my next order...

In fact, smelling this makes me think of sitting in a class room in high summer with the window open. It's a very specific classroom at my old school as well! lol!

WELL RECOMMENDED!

I just thought I would edit this to add another sentence about how wonderful this scent is. HMMM YUMMY. Pure spring in a vial.

Edited by purely_cosmetic

I had to try this scent because one of my favorite scent memories is of my old summer job in a tiny flower store. When the lilies bloomed, the shop was filled with their heady fragrance. I literally felt carried away by it.

Sadly, my skin chemistry argues with the scent of lilies. On me, this blend was very light. First, it smelled like sweet orange candy. That was actually fun, but the scent quickly went dry and soapy as it dried down. It faded to nothing rapidly. Sigh.

Updated to add that I tried this blend in a locket and enjoyed this scent much more. In the locket I had about the same response described by others...sweet, orangey lilies. :P

Edited by Falathwen

Tiger Lily - I don't know the scent of a tiger lily, but having the honey single note, I can definitely smell the honey in this. It's a rounded scent with no sharp bite. A sweet yellow flower swaying in the sunshine.

For my first review, I wanted something that really spoke to me. Tiger Lily was definitely that scent.

I tend to steer clear of florals...because they go rancid on me. I also tend away from honey, because it seems to take over the other notes.

Something about Tiget Lily was different...

In the bottle - A gorgeous lily patch with a little breeze running through it. Somewhere in the backround the honey note peaks in for a little hello. But in the bottle this is largely floral.

Wet - The minute this hits the skin is deepends tremendously. The honey blossoms and tames the lily. This is so beautiful and delicate. This reminds me, very distintly, of clover honey. When you get a really really fresh batch from the store. It's not expensive gourmet honey. Not has heavy and dark as the honey in "O" or "Skuld". This is light, everyday honey. So fresh that you can still smell the flowers in the background.

As this dries it mellows, but doesn't lose it's oomph. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous. This is my newest love.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Tiger lilies.

In the imp/bottle: Tiger lilies, with a very, very faint hint of honey. Very promising!

On skin, wet: Now a very light, almost bright kind of floral. I was hoping the honey would stick around, because I'm not terribly fond of florals by themselves.

On skin, dry: As it dries, it does turn into honeyed tiger lily.

Conclusion: Very nice, while it lasts. I wish it were a bit more "honeyed", and that it lasted longer.

Edited by Aredhel

Oh my. This is just a sunny, lovely floral. Definitely smells like clover honey dripped over slightly spicy lilies. There's a lot of honey here for me, but it somehow manages not to be too sweet. This is perfect for warm sunny days, and I think I may need a bottle of this.

warm sweet lilies. but not too sweet.

on my skin I get a sense of Amber Resin. don't know if it's in there or if it's just the honey talking, but this is a warm and rich and golden scent.

I like this a lot.

In the vial: Very sweet light floral.

On my skin: Strong lillies. This is a heavy perfume scent. The honey is already turning powdery at this stage.

Dry: The Play-Doh smell has arisen in earnest although the lillies are still strong.

This was a freebie from the lab that I dreaded because of the lillies (I don't like florals) and the honey (turns to Play-Doh). Tiger Lily is not a scent for me.

Edited by darkling