Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

I tested this by wearing it to bed last night and it is just beautiful. I buried my face in my forearms and fell asleep with the soft, etherial scent of fee. Slightly tangy and fruity, but very quick to settle down into a very skin-close scent. I will definitely find myself wearing this often in the spring. Just lovely.

This is girly and perfumey. It smells really sweet and pretty in the bottle. I can pick out peach and some sort of floral. It stays pretty consistant on me. It's a nice smell, but a little too girly for me.

Wet: Soft flowers with citrus (the bergamot?)

5 minutes: Some peaches coming in. (BPAL has the most wonderful peach scents!)

15 minutes: Less peach, with something sweet - almost sugary - is it amber coming up under the peach? Oh - I think it's the heliotrope! Wow, that's really nice. I'm not noticing the oak moss or musk particularly, but I am loving this.

40 minutes: I think I'm catching a little whiff of the musk now, but it's very light and airy. That wonderdul sweetness is definitely heliotrope - it's a little more flowery than sugary now.

2 hours: Something like a light, gentle amber - is it the musk? The oak moss? I'm not sure...

2.5 hours: That was the last of it. Most of the fruits and florals don't stay with me long, but I surely do like this one.

I haven't been attracted to peach scents before, but Beth's are converting me. They are just gorgeous. Now if only I can find one that will last more than an hour or two on my skin...

a light, sparkling fruit/floral scent. ripe peach, juicy orange and the sweetness of heliotrope – a bubbly, happy, girly combination, good for spring/summer wearing.

Very pretty and light. When I first put it on it oddly smelled a lot like lemonheads, but as it dried the musk and bergamot came out. I don’t know if I’ll keep my imp, because it did turn kind of powdery in the end (I’m trying to be ruthless with my imps, only keeping the ones I love).

I love peaches, so I decided that I needed to expand my collection.

In the imp, this is glorious: bright clear peaches and something bubbly and sweet. I just love it. It reminds me a lot of Tamora.

Fresh on, I swear this is a dead-ringer for Tamora. It must be the peach and heliotrope, because that's all I smell. But as it starts to dry down a bit, it changes. Whereas Tamora, for me, is peaches and cream in the sunshine, Fae is an ethereal peach orchard. There's still sunlight, but it's gossamer-bright light, rather than warm golden hues.

Really, this seems like the same white musk in Antique Lace to me, because it has that same high, clear powdery sweetness to me

In the final dry down, I smell white musk, sweetened and tempered by peaches and the heliotrope. I don't find the oakmoss at all (good thing.)

It's very very pretty and I like it a lot, but it's actually too similar to both Antique Lace and Tamora for me to really feel I should keep it.

In the imp: Pink popsicle!

Wet: Pink posicle, slightly melted. Definitely a fruity overtone, though not explicitly so... it's more of a manufactured fruity.

Drydown: Floral and fading fast. It lightens to a soft pink, rather sweet, but then its up and gone in a matter of seconds.

Verdict: Too sweet, too fast, and not my cuppa.

This a very bright, summery scent. The heliotrope wafts around on top, muddled with musk. The peach and bergamot give it a sweet, fruity undertone. It has a very pleasant strength - not too overpowering, but not too faint

I to test this next to Tamora because initially they seemed very similar. Fae is definately sweeter with less chill - something about Fae just radiates innocent flirtation. Personally, I prefer Tamora, but Fae seems like a bright, feminine scent that would suit just about anyone.

This smelled a lot like Tamora on me. The peach is very juicy. On the dry down, the other notes temper the sweetness of the peach, but I guess my skin just amps it up so much that I can't really tell the difference between Fae and Tamora. This scent lasted after I SCRUBBED myself in the bathroom AND put lotion on. Woah. So if you like strong peach scents, this is the blend for you.

imp: peachy white musk.

Wet: Peach takes the high note in this blend at this point. Sweet, juicy and warm. A lilt of floral can be detected within the swirl of white musk that anchors the scent.

Dry: This smells, on me, like a peachy version of Dorian, just as Zephyr is a lemony version. Within a couple of hours, any trace of floral is long gone. The peach resurfaces from time to time, and I get the occasional whiff of bergamot. Otherwise, this is all white musk, which my skin amps. I've tried wearing this in my hair as well, with the exact same result--musk, with a hint of citrusy peach. That said, as Dorian is a favorite, Fae is a lovely, springy version destined for a 5ml....

In the bottle: Fruity! And...I swear I smell anise.

Wet: It still smells like fruity, warm anise. I don't know what could be making this smell like anise on me.

Drydown: Oh, okay, the anise smell is gone now. Warm, pretty peachyness. I like! I'm not usually a fan of fruity smells...but that could be because most of the other fruity smells I've worn were lemon, and lemon and I do not get along. I can still smell the heliotrope, which I adore, and it's sort of warm and bright and sparkly and summery.

While wearing: Mmmm. I think this might be my summer smell. Too bad that I put in an order yesterday, or I'd have gotten a 5mL of this!! :D But no matter, I'll have plenty of time to order more later. :P

Edited by Christine Daae

This smells exactly like Dorian on me. Apparently, my skin amps white musk to the exclusion of everything else.

This one was very sweet! I smelled mostly the peach, and it was delicious. I kept sticking my nose back on my wrist. :P Almost candy-like, really... And the scent lasted on me quite a while. Hooray!

In the bottle, it's a blast of bergamot, peach and musk. There's a tinge of floral, which must be heliotrope and I'm still bad and locating the mosses, but I can smell the green of it. It's sweet but not candy-like. Once on, it softens out. The musk blankets out and lets the herbs and florals lay on it quietly. Cool but not cold, just gentle and mild. This is playful and inquisitive, slowly opening up like a budding flower. A moment before where the musk was a soft base, now is a warm coat of peach and heliotrope with the moss and bergamot playing atop it while the musk sits back and watches. Then it's musk and peaches, then oakmoss and heliotrope and bergamot all together. It never sits still, but dances lightly in and out; warming up, it gains energy but not throw. Delightfully whimsical, it's hard to pin down where it settles: the base is musk and moss, with the bergamot reigned in by the moss and hovering on the outside zones of discovery while the heliotrope and peach mingle happily on the top. This is a spring scent, most definitely - a scent for walking in an old walled-in herb garden, where the moss holds the stones in place as much as the ancient mortar and the vines from wild flowers have slowly crept over from the outside, where the ground is equally floored by old leaves and new spring blossoms blown off the trees by a gentle breeze. This is innocent and shy, playing hide and go seek amongst the overgrown bushes, having it's first kiss sitting with it's toes in the bubbling stream that runs through the garden. If you've ever read The Secret Garden, imagine what that garden smelled like after the children tended it that first spring... That's what this scent brings to my mind. The innocent creation of an unlimited mind.

In the bottle: There are two sides to this - a lovely flowery sweet scent and a rather funky smell that I can't quite place.

Wet: The funky note amps like hell - I think it's the bergamot because it smells a bit citrusy, and the oakmoss which seems to come out all plastic on me. Eep.

Drydown: It settles down into vague bergamot, plasticky/funky oakmoss scent for a long while, before developing a sort of fruity, very sweet and actually quite juicy peach smell which, on its own, would smell beautiful. But something in there really disagrees with me and makes it smell a bit like feet, sort of salty and nearly fishy.

Overall: Oh my god, ew. This becomes sickly sweet peach, sweaty feet and soapy white musk. It's really disgusting on me, oversweet, powdery and sickly. An absolute yick! And of course, because my skin hates it, it also amps it like mad and has huge staying power.

I have to note - I tried Hymn to Proserpine first (verdict - musky musk musk, damnit!) and so was a little leery of trying Fae...but I'm plesantly surprised!

Wet on wrist - Peeeeeeeeeach of DOOM. Very sugar-y peach, but it's the 24/7 Peach on Peach channel where even the commercials are advertising peach. Still, I'm not overwhelmed (which is saying something). It's just woah, peach.

10 minutes - The sugar-y scent (heliotrope I'm guessing) comes a little to the foreground and smacks peach down. I also get a little earthy smell, a little green - the oakmoss? Whatever it is it's really gorgeous.

30 minutes - Peach/sugar/green smiffyhappygoodness.

Final verdict? I'm sad it didn't last longer - it was gone approx. an hour after I applied (unlike Hymn to Proserpine which hung around after two handwashings!). I think I'll be buying a 5ml and slathering - while this isn't an everyday scent, I can see wearing it in spring, laughing with a boy while we're caught under a tree waiting for the rain to abate.

EDITED TO ADD - Wow, second time's the charm apparently! I put some on this morning (7am) and it hasn't worn off yet (9am), though it has faded so again all I'm getting is a peachy peach peach smell.

Edited by oedipa

This goes on very fruity and sweet. It has some powder notes in here too. That might be the heliotrope on my skin. There's also something that reminds me of fruity tea. Overall, not bad. I can't believe it took me so long to try it.

In bottle: Sweet. There's a slight tinge of anise.

On skin, wet: The bergamont holds true of smelling like orange on me, and t here's still a touch of anise-like something clinging around. The peach is sweet and sticky, almost like candy.

On skin, dry: It develops to... I know this. Oh! The perfumed doll smell - like when Barbie had something that was supposed to smell. The plastic-y doll smell. Oh, and there's something going soapy. Perhaps it's the same thing that was giving me the anise before. Grah!

Conclusion: It was getting very sweet on me, and I'm not one for sweets, so I guess that it turned into nostalgic plastic toys fro me wasn't a bad thing... 1/5

Fae is a beautiful scent that's full of light. It's crisply sweet while somehow also being soft and soothing. Reading the description of this blend, I thought I wouldn't like it as it has several notes I don't like, but the Lab frimped me with it, so I decided to give it a try, and every time I've used it now, I've been absolutely head-over-heels with it. The peach and oakmoss are the strongest notes, and they blend so beautifully together -- I would have never guessed. They lay on a bed of white musk, which lends an ethereal note to this blend. It's positively gorgeous and this is going on my list of 5 ml bottles to buy. The scent has the perfect amount of throw -- enough that I catch wafts of it on occasion and people say I smell good, but not so much that anyone is overwhelmed by the scent. It unfortunately doesn't last more than an hour on my skin, but I don't mind reapplying because it's so pretty and uplifting.

When I opened the imp, I was struck by how much this snelled like Fee. On my skin, even, it has the same rounded fruity smell, even though this is peach, and Fee is lychee. Both have the tang of oakmoss; the real difference here is that Fee is all sugar, while Fae has a deeper, darker base note.

All in all, not for me.

Fae is delightful as soap bubbles in sunlight - filmy, translucent, irridecent and playful. A very bright and warm scent, and yet it has a bit of an astringent bite to it. It gradually becomes warmer on my skin, the bite dying down and the musk becoming stronger. Unfortunately it doesn't have much throw at all, and doesn't last long on my skin.

Interesting note - I thought it smelled a touch masculine on me, but then I thought about a man wearing it, and it seemed like in that context it would be a bit feminine. So I percieve it as a very androgynous scent.

It's very peachy! I actually have no idea what the other scents in this are supposed to smell like (besides the white musk) but the peach and the musk stand out. It's a sweet scent, but I don't find it sugary sweet. On my skin, the musk comes out more but it doesn't overpower the peach. I'm debating on whether or not to get a bottle of this.

Bottle: sweet peach, bergamot, and heliotrope

Wet: sweet peach, the bergamot fades quickly, leaving the heliotrope. Unfortunately the white musk and oak moss start to amp on my skin

Dry: the white musk and oak moss take over, creating a heady, sharp, powdery sweet theme. I keep thinking soporific fairy liquor, this just gets way too cloyingly powdery sweet on my skin

So sad. I wanted to love this, and I definitely get a hint of what this could be, effervescent and light, unfortunately it ends up smelling like Flinstones chewable multivitamins on my skin. Meh.

This wont be going to the swap pile for the name alone even though I don't particularly care for the scent. It has an almost metallic smell to it. I also smell something citrus...which is normally good but for some reason it doesn't work, for me, combined with the other ingredients