Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss.

Hmmm, I don't smell peaches at all, but pear.

This is a very simple scent for me: pear and vanilla. In the imp, the pear is overwhelming, but on me the vanilla rises up to meet it. It doesn't change at all as it wears -- the same clean and clear pear and vanilla. It's a little sweet for me, but still lovely. A fresh, happy scent. :P

Fae-

In Bottle: Deliciously sweet! Like sweet peach tea. There is a greenness to this, not a grassy greenness but a freshness, I would say.

Wet: More peach, and that rich note underneath which must be the musk. It's quite delicious!

Dry: Very sweet; nearly cloying, but delicious in gentle quantities. It stays quite true all the way through on me, no morph at all from bottle to skin to dry-down.

Overall: Sweet, delicious!

Bottle: Bursting with sweet ripe peaches. I like this in the bottle already and this is my first try of peachy BPAL.

Wet: Heavenly fruit. The peaches are ripening under my nose. It's like sweet nectar good enough to drink.

Dry: The scent has become a little more subtle but it stays true to the bottle. I don't get the musk notes which I am glad of as sometimes they make my head hurt.

This scent whisks me away to a magical land where pixies prance around the rims of tiny peach mushrooms. It's a lightheated scent and wonderfully dreamy. I may need a bottle :P

Loves Baby Soft.

Seriously.

LBS. Try it. I'm right!!!!! I swear!!!! :P

Musky peach! Wet or dry it doesn't change much on my skin. It's pretty nice but I don't need a bottle.

Oddly enough, the main scent I got from this was...licorice. Weird!

All things considered, however, I did enjoy it; it was soft and delicate on me and had a beguiling femininity to it. It evokes an impish fae quite well in that regard.

I get licorice from this too. I think it's the bergamot combining oddly with the other notes. It fades down after a bit and the bergamot becomes more lemony. Beyond that, my main impression is peach, but it's not a straight out 'fruity' scent. The white musk really makes it sparkle.

Fae morphs a lot but always in a good way. I even like the licorice phase!

Peachy, as Death might say, and as a scent description. It's a very sparkly, faerie scent; the peach and the flowers are bound together (but not grounded) by the musk and oakmoss. This has the same vibrant sparkle as Titania. We'll see if it has the same changeable tendencies.

mmm...for some reason this scent reminds me of a tropical island. A really pretty smell but definitely not meant for a man...hehe. It reminds me of a warm summer day drinking a peach passion fruit tea . Not my kind but on a woman.....mmmm tasty.

This is a pretty little scent, but unfortunately, it's very light on me, so my impressions of it aren't very well-defined. I did get complimented on this, which is rare at my house, so that must count for something.

I really love how this smells right out of the imp -- sweet, nectarous peach. It reminds me a little bit of Lolita Lempicka. After that, a lot of the sweetness dissipates and the oakmoss comes out to play. It transforms the scent into something a little more sophisticated; the peach is still there, but it's grounded and a bit more down to earth. From time to time I get something sparkly, which I'm guessing is the heliotrope. Overall, this is a lovely scent. It's not quite me, but I wouldn't mind wearing it every once and a while. Peach is one of those notes that I forget I like, so it's nice to be reminded of how good it can smell.

3.5/5

In Vial: lovely soft and mildly sweet

Wet: Haven't smelled a bpal that smells quite like this. I smell a hint of lemon, but nothing sharp or citrusy. It just occurred to me that this smells like a lemon sugar cookie with a hint of florals in the background.

Drydown: This is just lovely. The florals come out more and keep this from smelling foody but there is definately the scent of sweet lemon sugar cookies. Its like a sugary lemon perfume. This is awesome!

I don't get any lemon or tea in this. Starts off as a fresh peach scent, with a bit of tartness. I wish it would stay this way. On dry down seems very sweet, a bit cloying to me now. Almost smells like Snapple Peach Iced Tea or a candle. This was the second time I tried it. Last night it seemed fresher and less cloying. I might have just overdosed on scents today, which always makes me sick to the stomach.

As compared to Tamora: Tamora has a bit of cinnamon spice in the initial phase, then dries down to a warm amber scent, with the tiniest hint of peach. Where Fae is all peach (as in the fruit), Tamora is the blossom with alot of amber.

This smells alot like Burberry Classic.

Edited by DeniseScan

Oh, this is delicious.

On me it dries to a lovely, sweet peachy scent with just a hint of spice that keeps it from being too sweet. It's a very light scent, and very summery. I see myself wearing it very often :P

i thought i might have done a review of this already, but couldn't find myself in this thread. if it turns up, mods, my aopogies. now then:

in the imp: sweet peach juice, summer flowers.

wet on skin: all peach juice, all the time

dry down: peach body wash.

in all: this reminds me a lot of the Body Shop's 'fuzzy peach' oil. it's a bit stronger than i would like, but this would be a good one to enable those friends that adore bath-and-bodyworks kind of products.

:D

ADDED Jan. 12:

in the imp: lavender and something that smell, unfortunately, like cough syrup. :P

wet on skin: cough syrup gaining the upper hand. :D

dry down: it has changed into cough DROPS

in all: this doesn't strike me as faery-like in the least. a lemony finish, it's not terrible, but not really etheric, either.

Oh HELLO there! What a delightful fruity floral mix! I think this was what I was hoping for from La Bella Donna Mia Mente, except the rose spoiled all the fun. This is a very Southern smell to me - the fragrant gardens, the burstingly ripe peaches. I like that this doesn't come across as plasticky and artificial, which happens a lot with these types of notes.

I think I'll put this on my list of bottles that I might buy when there's nothing else that takes priority.

It takes about 20 mins for me to be able to start smelling this, but when I do all I get is light peaches with a hint of flowers, it never really changed into anything more then Peaches. It reminds rather close to my skin, but I found leaves a nice impression after I leave an area (my husband commenting on how I smell after I left my desk 10 mins. Earlier)

In The Bottle

Whoa, that's musky! This is the first scent with heliotrope where I can really smell it but it is fleeting.

On Application

Musk and anise!?

Dry Down

The peach peaks out about 5 minutes into the drydown to sweeten and soften the mix. What started of scarily strong musk for me softens down pleasantly. Still getting an anise vibe, which is fine for me. I think I like it but on the fence.

Rating (0-5)

Fae makes my arm smell like candy! First on it just smells sweet, like rock candy, and a bit later it turns into Lemonheads. The white musk doesn't show up until hours after application, once the rest of the scent has faded. Not what I would have expected based on the notes... Fae is lovely, but it doesn't have very much personality on my skin. Of course, I love all the notes so much that I'll keep it anyway - it might get a little fuller at a different time of month (or when my allergies aren't so bad!).

Imp: Lovely Peach & bergamot

Wet on Me: more peach & bergamot

but not overwhelming.

Drying Down: Smells like what I thought a faery

would smell like. Light fruit and citrus and barest floral with a

tiny hint of the musk peeing thru.

Dry: Quieter now, but not gone. Ethereal. Much like

I would imagine a faery to flit in and out around you, the scent

does the same to me.

I love this. Must keep. Bottle worthy!

In the imp: peach, bergamot, white musk

Wet: a sparkly note and heliotrope, a surprise of anise

Dry: there is a musky warm up, the florals and herbs lying on it. The peach stays at the edges, a richness developing from the oakmoss that reminds me of Robin Goodfellow and a citrus note from the bergamot.

Very light, flirty and much less fruity than I expected. It is slightly sweet, but the oakmoss gives it enough wood to ground it. The white musk gives it just the right creaminess. Playful, ethereal and just enough sprite!

:P

Edited by mineralfairy

Musk musk musk musk. All I can smell is musk. The scent lasts for at least 18 hours on me. Too bad I didn't smell any peach whatsoever. I'd love to smell like a peach for 18 hours instead of a muskrat. Oh well, I'll try it again in a few weeks and see what my chemistry does to it.

Imp: YUM, fruit!

Wet: Light, crisp, clean peach with a hint of musk and something a little less sweet to ground it.

Dry: It kinda smells like peach tea. Slight floral.

In comparing this to Aglaea, it's not as in-your-face sweet and is a bit more floral. The musk makes it slightly sharp, as if this is white peach instead of the bright golden-ripe peaches of Aglaea.

Lovely and bright, perfect for Sunday afternoons.

This doesn't morph on me at all - from beginning to end it's a soft, glittering white musk. The peach is just a supporting element, giving it sweetness and depth, while the bergamot adds to the airy, ethereal feel. It's the nicest white musk scent I've ever tried, BPAL or otherwise.

Fruity and light. Peach and white musk in the imp, I think.

Wet on skin, the peach is even stronger, though I think the bergamot is making it brighter than usual. It reminds me a lot of Tamora at this point and, as a bonus, reminds me of why I *like* Tamora. No doubt if Fae had been my first peach scent, I'd have the same fondness for this one. I can't really tell the difference at this point, except that my Tamora, much aged, has a softer peach note. It really must be the bergamot making this one stand out. Decent amount of throw, but not overwhelming.

It settles on a soft musky peach scent and fades from there. I really do need to test this side by side with Tamora as I don't know if I'd need bottles of both, but for now, I'll keep the imp.

In the bottle: Light, warm, lovely peach...hmmmm...hint of a light musk

Wet on skin: Peach, where are you? All I'm getting is heliotrope and it's being overtaken by something that smells like burnt plastic.

Dry on skin: Oh noes! Where did my lovely notes go? Burnt plastic has taken over! :P

This went from lovely to bleeeeeeeeech in five seconds flat, then disappeared altogether within about two hours. Stupid skin chemistry. I'm going to re-test this one in a few weeks because I want it to work on me so bad.