Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

Call it a case of weird skin chemistry, but I am deeply disappointed!

In the imp: Smells like a digestive biscuit/cookie. Interesting.

On Wet: Definitely smelling some tasty cake and a lot of currant. No vanilla to be found, which is puzzling since I generally amp vanilla pretty well.

Dry: What the what??? Floral perfume? With only the barest hint of cake somewhere in the background. And it keeps fading until really all I smell is floral. Maybe blackcurrant does this on me-- at this point it reminds me of a less potent Anactoria, and they do share that note I think. I want cake!!!

:cry2:

I was looking forward to this one, but I, too, got no vanilla from this. Vanilla loves me, but I got cake that's been non-refrigerated too long, and is starting to mold.

Eat Me

Wowza. This knocked my socks off when I smelled it directly from the imp. It's SOOOOOOOOO strongly cakey!! It's like a cake-scented candle. Or cake batter ice cream. Mmmmmmm. The currants make a transient appearance when it's still wet on my skin. After that, it's all cake. Maybe an eensy smidge of currant if I huff my wrist after drydown. My mom was able to smell this from really far away. I was at the bottom of the stairs and she was at the top and she said "I smell you! :lol:" So yeah...the throw is pretty strong. This is DELICIOUS. If you're a fan of foody smells, this is definitely for you.

4.5 out of 5

Beautiful, nostalgia-inspiring, subtly cloying and dark is how I would best describe my first experience with Eat Me. I can smell Victoria sponge cake with currant jam and cream and am getting mental images of fancy tea parties, delicate little cupcakes, shortbread and currant buns. On me, this is one of those scents that gets better and better as it settles, remaining super-sweet and yet also mouth-wateringly fruity. 5/5

In the bottle: vanilla! A yummy, sweet vanilla cake with just a hint of berry.

On the skin, wet: Still mostly vanilla cake but you can smell the distinct current notes. Delicious so far!

Dry-down: Current takes over. The vanilla cake note becomes subtle.

Half an hour later: Yummy fruity currents with a creamy vanilla background. Over all, this reminds me of a jelly roll.

Delicious and sophisticated. I'll be buying a bottle of this :D

So I bought a bottle of this, unsniffed. Unfortunately when the package arrived the bottle was broken! It was my very first BPAL order. Boo! Fortunately I could tell I loved it and kept the box around to huff it occasionally while I waited for my replacement bottle.

In bottle: Cake, sweet delicious cake.

Wet on skin: Cake and vanilla and a little berry maybe?

Dry on skin: Cake and perfume...in the best way possible. Like if you went to a super fancy bakery and they made cake with frosting made out of fresh flowers.

Bottle worthy for sure!

this is so yummy! At first its all berry and cake but as it dries, the berries disappear. I'm left with a fluffy vanilla bean cake and it smells delicious! Its long lasting too, I put it on about eight hours ago and I can still smell it on my wrists. I really wish I could be more eloquent right now, but I'm distracted by having to tell myself every few seconds that it would not be a good idea to lick my arm. I'm going to need a bottle of this.

IMP: Sweet, smells almost like honey.

On skin: I think it's the vanilla and currants I can smell here. There's an undertone that reminds me of "ice plants" or aqua (one of my favorite smells ever! ♥). I'm not quite sure what it is but I'm loving it on me :D

Dry down: I'm still smelling the ice plants, but I'm getting some sweet currants here. Very lovely ♥ My favorite of the Alice scents at the moment (even better than Bread and Butterfly!). I'm so much in love this! Gonna be a big BIG bottle for me :wub2:

[lab-fresh imp]

I wasn't expecting to like this, but I really do!

Wet, this is definitely vanilla white cake, but not too sweet. As someone else said, it's the cake without the sugary frosting on top, which suits me just fine since super sweet foodie things sometimes make me nauseous. I also get something slightly tart - the currants.

Dry, the currants come out a lot more and give it a kick. They really help keep the cake from smelling too sweet and foodie. My skin tastes the cake and currants and turns them into something almost perfume-y. I smell slightly tart, slightly sweet, but it's a light scent with a perfume edge. I can't think of any other way to describe it, but that perfume edge is almost mentholic...strange, but it works!

This is a perfect foodie scent for me. It's light, but it's got a decent throw. Definitely ordering a full bottle!

Eat Me

Wet, I mostly get creamy-sweet vanilla cake, not a whole lot of the currant. A few minutes in, if I put my nose to my wrist, I get a toasted almond type smell that's not entirely pleasant, a bit stale. But I am getting whiffs of a cakey scent that reminds me of waffle cones baking in an ice cream shop. I am starting to get the currant as well. That waffle-cone stage is divine. Not sure yet if this is bottle worthy, but it's definitely delicious!

Edited by sunlitgarden

This is sweet dry cake on me, all the way through.

In comparison to Cockaigne, Eat Me is a dry white cake scent, the cake after it's been baked, but before you've put the fresh cream cheese frosting overtop, whereas Cockaigne was the smell of yellow cake batter and sugar.

Eat Me is a skin scent on me, and it doesn't do much morphing. It does last several hours, and is one I always want to have around, at least in imp form.

In the imp: Straight-up cake. As others have said, it's sweet in the way cake by itself would be, but not hyper-sweet and frosted.

Wet: Same thing.

Drydown: There are the currants! I was hoping they wouldn't get drowned out, since I really enjoy those notes. The vanilla is there too, albeit subtly.

Verdict: Delicious. Sweet without being cloying. This one's a keeper, and I'm surprised it took me this long to try it.

Eat Me was one of the first scent I ever purchased from the lab and the first imp I ever used up. It smells like sinfully rich, vanilla cake with spicy fruit. My bottle is over a year old now and it just keeps getting better!

Wow!! Can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, it's my favorite BPAL scent currently.

Small sweet cakes, with pretty pastel icing. Warm, vanilla, golden cupcakes smothered in rich buttercream.

I love this scent, and always get compliments when I wear it. Somehow to me it's very sexy, but I love all foody things.

This is so, so good. It makes me want to gnaw on my arm. (But I won't, because I know that BPAL is not for eating!)

It smells like pretty little petit fours with pretty pink pastel vanilla frosting and covered in currants. It's a dry white cake, but it's delicious. 

Honestly, there's not much more to say about it. It's pretty and soft, it's delicious, it's warm and comforting, and I need a full bottle. :wub2:

Spongy white cake with lots of overly sugary buttercream frosting, dripping with dark red fruit. Very foody... possibly even a little too foody for my taste. I can feel cavities developing just from sniffing that frosting.

Good for wearing: when I'm on a diet and want a scent that will satiate my cravings without exacerbating them.

Vanilla cake. I don't really like foody scents, but I want to eat this one! Not really getting anything but cake from this, there's some musky fruit, but it's really all cake.

I love anything with currants so I knew this would be a winner for me. It's not too foody but it definitely smells like vanilla angel food cake drizzled with a spicy currant sauce. I could slather this, it's that yummy. :wub2:

In the imp, I get berries with icing that is sweet, but not overbearingly so. It morphs more into a vanilla cake with currants when wet. It's starting to burn my skin a bit, unfortunately. Still smells fantastic though! Maybe it's psychological from the burning, but I am getting the faintest hint of cinnamon in the background. Reminds me of the cupcakes my grandma used to make for me to bring to school for Valentines Day. She would put one cinnamon heart on top of each vanilla cupcake and she would use cream cheese icing on top so it wasn't your typical insanely overly sweet icing. Eat Me is kind of the same. Definitely my favourite foodier blend out of the more classic GC's (like Gluttony, Hellcat, Cockaigne, etc).

Okay, for all that Eat Me doesn't strike me as a very masculine scent, it's one of my favorites!

Imp: Sweet fruit-flavored gummy snacks! Seriously, it smells like a just opened bag of gummy Lifesavers (and I mean that in a good way)! No sign of any cake though

Wet on skin: Still fruit gummies, but with a bit of a sharper edge (the black currants maybe?). Still no cake, but oh so delicious!

Dry: Ah, there's the cake! Sweet white cake, almost the scent of traditional wedding cake, with a fruity/berry topping.

Not a lot of throw on me, unless I slather a ton on, but it lingers for hours and hours!

This one is going on the big bottle list! :D

Edited by protoomega

When I tested this, I thought for sure that my imp must've been mislabeled (or that maybe I was out of my mind). Then I searched this thread for "red musk" and found out I wasn't alone--because that's all this smells like on me. Fellow red musk ampers, take heed!

ETA: After a couple of hours, this turned into...red musk flavored frosting. :lol: Two hours after that, the red musk is completely gone and it's a gentle, pink, frosted cake scent. Very cute now, but I can't wait through the red musk phase for this on a regular basis.

Edited by Aisha