Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

This is one of my first favorites from the lab. I have had trouble finding foody scents but someone frimped me Eat Me and I really love it. I don't smell as much cake, mostly berry, something a little sharp, which I think may be the currants but this is one of my favorite scents. Adding more cake would be wonderful but overall, it's very nice.

I'm not a fan of foody scents but this is really nice and light. It smells just like a cupcake on me. Not an everyday scent for me but still a keeper.

This... isn't exactly the smell of cake itself, for me, but maybe what a person would smell like if her(/his?) flesh were halfway transformed into delicious cake. :twisted: Very sweet and powdery in texture, with that same vanilla that I got from Snake Oil? A darker colored oil like Snake Oil, lies very close to the skin like Snake Oil, though I don't really mind it (as long as I get to enjoy it...). None of that hot resin/incense though, just vanilla-scented skin; even if I slather this I don't notice much of an increase in "flavor," everything just gets sweeter! Seems to fade quite readily. :(

Trying to figure this out, let's see....

Sometimes when I'm baking cookies the recipe calls for a dusting of powdered/confectioner's sugar, and of course it gets all over my hands, and after several minutes the warmth/slight moisture in my hands makes the confectioner's sugar slightly sticky/caked on under the layer of sugar still sitting dry and powdery white on top...? Er... Well it's like... that. :huh?: Basically it's like walking around with a dusting of vanilla-infused powdered sugar all over, and it's tasty and people will indeed want to eat you.

In the bottle this makes me think of birthday cake.

I remember getting more of a currant-jam-slathered angel-food on my skin a couple months ago, and that fruity part has faded by now (though I can still pick out a hint of the currants at odd moments). Hmm...

In a way I almost don't like this because of the powdery, vaguely plastic texture and the "pale version of Snake Oil" that I'm somehow coming up with, almost doesn't seem worth bothering with it, but when I tested this today I suddenly can't bring myself to get rid of it. :lol: It's funny. Maybe I'll save this for days when I don't feel like subjecting my peers to "some incensey smell"? :P

This is a delicious scent, its got a lovely, light sponge cake like quality without the calories. To my untrained nose, it smelled like it had a bit of sweet-candyish lemon to it, but reading the description its probably the currants (I've never had or smelled one before so I can't say for sure). Over time its gotten a little more powdered sugar, but is still very nice.

***I dilute all my BPAL because I'm sensitive (scentsitive?) to fragrances***

Eat me is the stronges of the scents I love the most. Or one of the strongest. I recently got a 5 ml of it and transferred it to a rollerball with jojoba oil. Though I have it on neat today and no problems YAY!!!!! :joy:

I got an imp of Eat me after going to bath and body works and smelling their black currant/vanilla lotion. Eat me has both black currant and vanilla in it.

YUMMMMMYYYYY.....

Wet out of the bottle (or rollerball LOL) it is more black curranty, but then the cake starts to make its way to the surface. By the time drydown is done it's all married on my wrist and I smell vanillaish and yummy and good. DH likes it too. :D

Eat Me was a surprise. In the imp it smells soooo cloyingly sweet that I was like, "Um, no."

But on? On, it just gets better. In a scent locket, even better. It's still a lovely white cake or three with vanilla, but the currants start to amp up and bring a gorgeous, boozy fruitiness to it all. And then... something else comes out. Woodsy and spicy. Like patchouli, but I am not sure if it is patchouli. Whatever it is, it makes this blend awesome.

But anyway. Eat Me sounds like it'd be a really simple, sweet foodie blend. There's a lot more to it, however, and it rocks my scent locket (my skin eats it to almost nothing but a splash of vanilla cake).

oh my GOD, incredible. I don't post reviews often, but sometimes I just have to.

In the bottle: caramel/toffee -- some sticky, sweet, salty deliciousness that made me wish I hadn't just put something else on so I could put it on. LOL I can see why there's a 'not for eating' disclaimer. This is precisely the sort of thing I want to devour

On the skin: Very cakey, with the vanilla playing a sharp overtone. It's spicy and strong and vaguely reminiscent of event horizon with a buttery, sweet overtone. I love it, though if I get my nose too close, it's a bit overwhelming.

A little later: Getting the currants now over the cake and wow I didn't think this could possibly get better but it has. I'm so impressed and I cannot stop sniffing myself. It's like being in a kitchen of freshly baked deliciousness.

Five stars. I'm going to have to find a bottle of this.

Edited by isentropic

This really reminds me of Beaver Moon 07, but I could swear that there is a note in this blend that is shared with Illustrated Woman, and that makes me like it more! Yummy vanilla frosting, with a hint of berries, and cake. Nom nom nom. Glad I have a bottle of this baby, cuz it is one I like to slather, and it smells better and better the more I sniff it! Yay!

When I first got this imp (seven months ago), there was a heavy-duty butter note to Eat Me, but at this point, it has completely disappeared, much to my relief.

This oil goes on smelling like currants (a tart jam-smell that, oddly, makes me think of grape juice) and cake, or maybe even more like Birthday Cake ice cream… I can distinctly see sweet yellow cake in my mind's eye.

On me, the cake note takes on a gingery-buttery quality and starts to amp uncontrollably after about an hour… each passing hour makes the scent stronger and more heavily sweet-cakey. I think I might be able to like it if it weren't amping out of control…

I'm afraid that this is another one of the foody scents that won't play nice with my skin chemistry.

Recaplet: The cake of doom, after a spoonful of currant jam.

My rating: 1 of 5 (I'm not fond of it.)

Color impression: Yellow cake.

This has been on my wishlist for ages.. and then guess what I find in my magic box of goodies just received from the lab - a frimp of Eat Me!! It's all been said before. This is very yummy... yes, cake - but not in a sugar sickly sweet kind of way, more in a dark purple grape-y velvet kind of way. At first the vanilla is not typically sweet - the blackcurrant holds it back from taking over but blending in beautifully with the vanilla giving it a luxurious creaminess.

After about half an hour on my skin, it's gone very soft and powdery - definitely a feminine fragrance, but the vanilla is now the most prominent note. Hmm.. it's almost got a Snake Oil kind of thing going on. I'm definitely not getting the caramel or butter or spices that some people have mentioned. This is what I would smell like if I were a princess who lives in the top turret of a Bavarian castle where rainbows fill the sky and butterflies dance around my long flowing locks as I watch purple unicorns dance in the fields of vanilla beans down below in the castle grounds.

This could be the perfect "cake" blend.. I wouldn't put it in the foody group in the same way as Beaver Moon/Beaver'versary or I Fell In Love With A Floating Brain belong in the foody group.. to me, the cake factor is less prominent and really only showed up in the wet stage. I'm so glad I finally got to try this, and I think a bottle is required.

Imp: CAAAAAAAKE. Nothing else to say.

Wet: A dustiness - the blackcurrant - shows up. Cake with fruit! And vanilla frosting.

Dry: No seriously, white cake with fruit. Now I'm hungry, dammit. And glad that there's another great foody blend.

Wet: White cake, mostly. Kinda plastic.

First on: Ew, plastic sugar.

Dry: Just stays plastic sugar on drydown. Bleh.

Frimp from the Lab.

Imp: Mmmmm, delicious! Dark fruits swirled with the vanilla buttercream frosting from Love's Philosophy. There's a hint of bakery, and a twist of spice. If this stays true on my skin it's going to be a 5mL for sure-- foody but not just sweet. Maybe some ginger?

Wet: Sweet-smoky ginger and dark fruit with an incredibly rich vanilla. There's a little bit of a smokey quality to it as well, up close, but the throw is all sweet berries and vanilla. This is like Snake Charmer + Love's Philosophy on me, and I'm so totally okay with that. Foody is often a little bit artificial or plasticky on me, but this is just rich and delicious and completely amazing. Damn good throw, too.

Dry: Incredibly strong, sexy, spicy, foody without being nauseating, and has a hilarious name to boot. I want to dump this on myself and roll around. Sweet mother of God. This may be one of the greatest things that's ever happened to me. A 5mL for sure. At LEAST. If foody is "meh" on you, but incense and resin and spice are great, try this STAT.

In the bottle: The wife and I opened this one at the same time (she got a partial frimp with her purchase), and we both had the same immediate reaction: cake cake cake. Sponge cake. Dessert. YUMMY. I love this one!

On my skin: It's strong and sweet and I can't say enough good things about it. You can smell the cake and vanilla, and a hint of the currants, as well.

I would LOVE to have a bottle of this! :D

Edited by sirensea

I'm about to send this imp on its merry way, but I had saved a review of it. Wet, it smells really delicious: yellow vanilla cake with syrupy, tart currants slathered and piled on top. The fruitiness is the star player for a little while, but then the cakey vanilla takes over. It's not too sweet. It's at once powdery and buttery. When it sits on my skin for a while, though, it stops being delicious and starts being a sickly vanilla with a sour edge. Not for me. It might work well in a locket, but I personally don't want to smell like a human cupcake. :P I'm glad I got to sniff it, though, and I can see why it's so well loved!

Imp: NOM NOM NOM. Smelling like Beaver'versary

Wet: Beaver'versary, but better. Yeah. I said it. This has a depth that Versary lost as soon as it hit my skin.

Drydown: Spice cake, normal white cake, vanilla and those awesome currants

Overall: This is what I was hoping for out of Beaver'versary. I got straight gramh crackers out of that one, but this has much more depth. Really needs a full day wear to be sure

I love sweet foody scents. This one smells great but doesn't last long or have much throw.

imp: Grape jelly

on me: sweet fruity jam with a hint of cake

Fresh; as stated above

Aged: sharp cloying syrupy sweetness

Edited by BuxomM

Initial Sniff from Imp: Hmm, I smell juicy berries. No cake yet, but those berries sure are nice.

Wet: Ahh, there's the cake. It's light and fluffy, covered in some kind of sticky berry sauce. Very decadent, but not heavy.

Dry: The same as wet, only with more vanilla frosting. It's certainly evocative, and extremely pleasant. I don't think I want to smell like food, so I gave this to a vanilla-crazy friend of mine, and she loves it. She's worn it every day since I gave it to her, and tells me that her boyfriend is quite smitten with it.

Out of 10: 7

In the interest of destashing, as well as updating my collection to reflect changing tastes, I've been retesting my way through my GC imp box, putting some things in the swap box and elevating others to bottle-needed status. Eat Me just made bottle-needed status.

A while back at SEWC someone testing Milk Chocolate Buttercream said "Ooh, it smells like incensey cake!" Well that got my attention and I rushed to test it, only to discover that on *my* skin it smelled like weird buttery plastic.

Eat Me, however, DOES smell like incensey cake on me. :wub2:

I looove foody scents, but a lot of the cake/vanilla blends just don't work on me... MCB, Underpants, Beaver Moon, Floating Brain... these are just a few of the foody scents that have not been my friend. I have no idea why some work and some don't ['bed does, but not 'pants]. Eat Me is one of those that stays right, it doesn't turn plastic or fake smelling. The currants aren't very fruity, and I think they are what adds that lovely swirl of what my nose reads as "incense" to the cake notes. I'll go way out on a limb and say it almost leans into a tobacco smell on my skin. I LOVE this, and will definitely be looking for a bottle of it.

And to think it's been sitting in my imp box the whole time. This has to be one of the first decants I obtained when I got seriously into BPAL. :)

I get the cake and a wee bit of currant, but overall it is a very gourmand, foody blend. And, well blended. Although I am not a fan of buttery or bakery type scents in general, this is a wonderful blend for those baked goods lovers out there.

As a longtime aficionado of stuffing my face with cake, I can say with some authority that most everyone else here is right: Eat Me smells like a big ol' slice of cake. Not the stuff from a box, either, but the fancy, boutique bakery kind that comes with airy whipped frosting and fresh fruit on top. It's no replacement for actually eating that cake, but if you are the sort of person who makes occasion-specific mix tapes or likes matching your shoes with your handbag, you might enjoy wearing Eat Me on your next trip to the bakery.

I'm not gonna bother to review this by Bottle/Wet/Dry, though in the bottle, it was a LITTLE bit stronger than I envisioned. But it is LOVELY. As a big fan of foody scents, I already knew I'd love it, and I was NOT WRONG. Like my beloved 13 (Oct 2006), I get asked if there's cake, cookies, pastries around because I smell so good. After I told one person what it was I was wearing, she embarrassingly told me that she really did want to lick my arm (where she sniffed). I'm having a hard time concentrating because I keep sniffing myself. It's light and airy, with enough sweetness for a foody like me. But without the in-your-face sugariness.

A++++++ MUST HAVE BOTTLE NOW.

I love this, but the black currants do not love me back. The vanilla and the cake are lovely, but the blackcurrants are grossly sweet and plasticky. Still, I'd love to give this a go in a lab-fresh imp just to see if it's any better (since I got my tester sample from Whole Foods and the bottle was most likely very aged).

Some people mentioned in their reviews of Huesos de Santo that they thought it came off as a different, more orangey version of Eat Me-- and I swoon with endless joy every time I sniff Huesos de Santo-- so I was hoping for a lot from this GC cake scent.

Overall, I think I'm a little disappointed in Eat Me, but it had potential nonetheless. There's a slight burnt note that I think manifests for most people as incensey, but it's just a little too harsh on me. Beyond that, it's a thick, hazy bakery/berry scent that is quite complex. Not a bad oil, it's just kind of moody and fickle on me.

Odd color, by the way. It's almost olive.

From more of a distance, while wet, this is utterly cakey. Up close there's a little something else, something a hint more juicy which strikes me as the black currants. Darker. It's utterly foody, vanilla cake, and as its drying it's retaining the dryness of the cake, but taking on more of the currant qualities. Up close it's a little overwhelming and rather fake(?). But from a distance the tartness of the currant mingling with the vanilla is delightful and a dead match for cake with currants. The currants don't take over and get sour-sweet, in-your-face.. but rather you envision a lovely white angelfood cake that has currants scattered in it just right. It smells just like the currants are baked in.

Now that it's dried a bit more, the up close scent has changed a little, but is still too artificually vanillic with a hint of plastic and what (at a stretch) could be construed as berries.

15 minutes later, the currants have come around more fully. Up close, I smell primarily the currants now and less of the vanilla, a bit less of the plastic. From a distance it still smells nice, and it's really rather relieving that it's backing off of the heavy cake scent and easing into a bit more fruit.