Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Three white cakes, vanilla, and red and black currants.

• If this oil had a color, it would be a toasty light brown.
  • The first note... is CAKE! Cake, cake, cake, and cake. Actually, cake crust. Mmmm. This will satisfy the sweetest tooth.
  • The rest of the notes, in order, is vanilla, to make it even more creamy, and currants, to balance it out with its tartness.
  • Dry, it smells a lot like it is when wet, only much more refined and perfume like. It doesn't seem lick-able anymore, unless I sniff it up close - where I again find my beloved cake crust. It has a warm buttery vanilla wafting around, and the currents stay hidden unless intentionally looked for.
  • The scent made me feel like I'm in an elegant, top of the line pastry kitchen. I'm satisfied because I've already sampled all that they've made.
  • This lasts for about half an hour tops, but the fade sticks around for three hours.
  • The throw was ehh. After the half hour it stuck to your skin like glue.
  • Verdict: Cake. Come on, how could you not like this scent? Maybe I don't want to smell like a cake, but I'll keep the imp around just in case someday I do. I'll be prepared.
Edited by Shollin

Ummmm...love this! I thought it was a little strong but once on, lovely. At first it smelt like a cherry pastry to me (red currants maybe?) and now after a long drydown angel food cake with vanilla icing! Nice in the fact that it isn't overpowering but has a long wear to it. Some food scents are too much and give me a headache but not this. I am sad I only have an imp of this because now I want a whole bottle! I just ordered Drink Me so hopefully I love that just as much. This really is good enough to eat! All of the Tea Party scents have been my favorite so far hope these stick around for awhile!

Someone frimped me a sample of this, and I've been wanting to try it!

In imp: berries and vanilla cake

Wet: vanilla and a bit of cake. The vanilla has me worried--the Lab's vanilla has been iffy with me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it goes to plastic, so I was a bit afraid.

Drydown: Sweet, sweet, sweet, very sweet scent. Almost too sweet. Just a hint of currants. I'm mostly getting vanilla. Fortunately, the dread plastic note of doom has not appeared.

An hour later: And finally the cake appears. There's a bit of a powdery scent, but honestly, that was badly needed to cut into all the sweet. Also finally getting some of the currants.

Lasted about three hours.

I'm not a foodie, but I do like this scent, and the Man absolutely LOVED it on me, so bottle it is.

I found that this smelt pretty much the same whether it was wet or dry, on me or in the bottle. It's Beth's fabulous cake note. The currants came through later, smelling like jam, but there was no sign of the vanilla which isn't like me- my skin normally amps it.

I've been wanting to try Eat Me for a while and I finally aquired an imp through a swap. My first thoughts when I put it on were buttered bisquits with grape jelly. It's definitely foody all around. After a couple of minutes once it dries it sweetens up more and becomes more of a berry musk and cream soda smell (my take anyway). It's quite nice actually. I don't think I would need a big bottle but the imp will get used and maybe I'll look for another when I run out, maybe not. It was definitely an interesting one to try. I think even if you don't like foody scents you have a chance to like this one because while it's sweet, it nevers gets too sweet.

Imp: Cake. Lots of cakes. Yum.

Wet: Vanilla Cake, dispersing fast. Deep vanilla cakes. Not getting any fruit yet.

drydown: Vanilla, I don't get much else from this. I'm not complaining, I like vanilla. I just wish the fruit came out for me as I love fruit.

3 out of 5 From me. I like and may contemplate a bottle and will keep the imp to see if it morphs for me. :)

At first this smells like extremely sweet squishy vanilla cake (the kind which makes you sick just by looking at it :ack:), but fortunately the currants intervene and turn it into yummy cake plus fresh berries once it dries down. Yay! Surprisingly my wrist still smells (indistinctly) nice 15 hours later.

YUM.

The oil is darker than I expected..?

In the imp it smells strictly of caramelly vanilla cake.

Wet: the currants exploded on me?

Drydown: currant settled nicely and shared space with the cake. this smells delicious. Like strawberry shortcake with a syrupy liquor drizzled over the top. WOW. No wonder it's a favorite around here!

In bottle: The currents are rather too sweet to me when combined with the cake and vanilla. Vanilla dominant. Wet: The cake is stronger here. It’s still too sweet for me, but the currents mature rather on the skin. Dry: Turns into a quite pleasant vanilla with a current undertone. I hadn’t much hope from the bottle, but it’s turning out to be a sexy rich scent. Who knew?

I went straight to the bottle on this one because I'm a huge foodie.

In bottle: Mmm, cake and vanilla with something in the background. Must be the currants.

Wet: Mmm, cake vanilla with something. Must still be the currants.

Dry: This is a strong one, and lasts quite awhile. The rich undertone comes out more on the drydown, but the cake never goes away. The currants never add fruitiness to this, it adds more depth and richness than fruit.

Very nice, and great for cold weather. Glad I've got a bottle.

ETA: If you roll this one between your palms before applying, you get WAY more cake than currants. It's much better rolled, so if the currants are too strong, try rolling.

Edited by moosue

In the vial, this is a very strong and sticky caramel, not particularly sweet, reminding me somewhat of sticky date pudding! On my skin, a dark fruit scent comes out from the deep dessert scent, strong and delicious. After a few hours it fades to a semi-sweet dark vanilla scent, a lot more subtle than the original scent, and quite nice regardless.

This was a frimp from the lab. Love it!

In the vial - yummy cake

Wet - to me it smells like a vanilla cake fresh out of the oven. Warm and sweet and can't wait to cut into it.

Dry down - as it first starts to dry the vanilla peeks out more. Then the currents show up. It becomes a wonderfully rich scent.

On me it smells perfumey. I don't mean that in a bad way. It smells like someone left a bottle of lovely expensive perfume open beside of a beautifully decorated layer cake with fruit filling.

I will definitely be getting a bottle of this.

Tea cakes with berry jam.

My shortest review yet, but that's what I get: tea cakes with jam.

Edited by Finch

YUM! White cake with a little spice. I too pick up a lighter v. of Beaver-versary. A very rich and creamy scent. Amazing.

I looooved Gluttony, so I knew I'd like Eat Me!

In the imp: Cake!

Wet on skin: Cake, vanilla, and wine. Yuuuuum!

Dry on skin: The vanilla and currant are dominating, the cake has receded.

I really like this scent, but it doesn't seem to have the throw or staying power of Gluttony.

In the imp: dark in color, guessing that's due to the aging of the vanilla note. smells like creamy angel food cake!

Wet on skin: mhmm.. more cake! It really does smell like angel food cake to my nose. It's very sweet, but not artifically foody. It smells like a kitchen filled with the aroma of freshy baked cake. :wub2:

Dry on skin: Still lots of cake! I smell a little vanilla now, too, which is fine by me.

This was one of the first imps I got in my newbie imp packs, and I didn't remember liking it for some reason. Trying it again, I don't mind it, and I think I know why I didn't like it in the first place. I am always looking for very vanilla-heavy scents, yet I amp pretty much everything but vanilla. As a result, I end up getting a lot of the currant from this. I actually get very strong, dry cake at first, and then a shot of strong lemon, and then currant-heavy cake. Hmm. I really don't mind it. Do I need a bottle of this?? Hmm. :P

In the imp, this is all cake. Smells like the birthday cake ice cream from coldstone creamery. I mean, this smells so yummy that I want to eat it (I won't! I know the warning!). But that is how strong the cake smell is...so strong I can almost taste it.

Once it's put on the skin, the fruitiness comes out as just a hint in the background. Also, the cake smell tones down a bit so it is not as strong.

I highly recommend trying it on the skin before swapping if you find the cake smell too much in the imp.

This will probably end up in a death match with other vanilla sweet smells.

This is definitely cake. Nothing but cake! It is very light on my skin though. Such a vanilla cake. After a bit it goes a bit plasticky on my skin. Nooooooo! Is that vanilla?? Hmmmmmmmm..... I need to try this again and get the SO's opinion. I really don't know what to think about this one myself.

I wish it was a bit stronger.

-EDIT- Okay, I keep getting the most AMAZING whiffs of vanilla. The best vanilla I have ever smelled. An amazing cakey vanilla that I just long to eat!! When I put my wrist up to my nose, though, I can barely smell anything. This scent just.... wafts.

Okay, that does it. I need a bottle of this to scent my house/room. It smells soooooooooooo good!!

Edited by Catseyes

I was organizing my imp box the other day and came across this. There is no telling how long it had been there, but I remembered the promise of currants, and being in a berry mood, I pulled it out to try. When I put this on, I got cake! Loads of delicious, light, fluffy cake. It's a softer, more vanilla cake than the cake I get in Knave of Hearts (which I love enough to have a 5ml of), and smells like eating. However, despite the name and the temptation, I did not eat it. Soon, the currants came out to play and I swooned. Delicious berries over angelfood cake all topped with vanilla cream, that's what this smells like. It stays pretty true to form in the drydown, and I get an all day 'wrapped in deliciousness' vibe.

I will have a 5ml of this. Soon. Next order. Oh yes, it will be mine.

I like this much more fresh than aged, fresh it smells like delicious cake but after 1.5 years, all I get is... I don't know but smells not as nice to me? :(

Imp is more than enough, no bottle for me.

Edited by ScentedDreams

Oh, so lovely! In the imp it is heavy foody cake-ness with a little icing and currants galore!

On my skin the heavy foodiness goes away (as it usually does) and I'm left with a light sweet fluffy cake scent with a touh of swirled icing on top and a touch of currants. This is mainly light fluffy cake and a little currant on me. Surprisingly enough thought he currant note isn't super foody. It is a foody blend don't get me wrong, but not ridiculouly so.

Really nice and comforting. I smell good enough to eat! :P

In the bottle: Cake! Om nom nom freshly baked cake. It's similar to Cake Smash, but without the slightly sour tang of cream cheese.

Wet: Still cakey, sweet and delicious and lavish.

Dry: The cakeiness fades off a bit and it's more like just a feminine sweet vanilla perfume. It's lasting well, after 4 hours I'm still enveloped in a cloud of yum.

Verdict: This scent is fun, very Alice. Glad I got a bottle unsniffed!