Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today’s upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

I was able to try this as a part of quikslvr's GC Catalog Swap Circle.

I liked this more than I expected to. Honey and roses are usually bad on me, but Jezebel dried down very nicely on me, it was just too sweet in the beginning.

i normally love orange blossom, but for some reason this scent is bubblegummy sweet on me, with a hint of mustiness, maybe from the sandalwood? i'm not sure, but i will have to re-try this.

re-try, yeeears later after receiving a frimp from the lab: i get sweet honey and orange blossom with a hint of rose. it reminds me of rose flavored turkish delight. the rose goes slightly sour on me. i love rose, but bpal's rose can be beautiful or sour depending on the blend. the orange blossom and honey gets very very sweet after being on the skin about 15 minutes. far too sweet for me.

Edited by theseagrows

That orange blossom is very nice. It's quite sweet. When it's drying it reminds me more than a little of baby aspirin, that sort of chalky fruity scent. When it's dry the rose is more prominent, but not overly so.

The first time I tried it I loved it at first, and then it went baby powder. The second time it went to roses. Neither is what I usually look for in an oil, but somehow this seems to work. I liked it both times I tried it. I don't like it well enough for a bottle, but I'm surprised that I like it as much as I do. From the notes I didn't think it would work at all.

Jezebel is lovely honey and orange blossom. I was expecting more sandalwood but the orange blossom overpowers it. I can only make it out at the end.Very impressed with out soft and envigorating this is. A winner!!

I think Jezebel is really yummy in the imp -- sweet honey and flowers. Once it hit my skin, it started out as honey, and then the rose came out. My old nemesis rose! But in Jezebel, it's not an especially bad rose, because it smells like a rose with its petals tipped with honey. It isn't a blaster of a headache rose, and it wears off after about an hour. Then the rest of the blend comes forth, leaving a honey-rose-orange blossom scent, with the final lingering notes of sandalwood. After several hours, what I had was honeyed, spicy sandalwood, and that's not a bad thing at all. I for anyone who wants a bit of everything -- sweetness, florals, mild citrus and oriental spice, Jezebel would be an ideal scent.

Edited by valentina

It may be a problem with my love life, but I have found too many of the Super Seducing blends - O, Sacred Whore, etc. - sickly sweet. It is probably honey that does stupid things on my skin, as sandalwood behaves itself very nicely, and I do not mind rose or orange. Here in Jezebel, inded, I can smell bits of orange and rose, but alas, that sneaky honey is making them all so sweet and so...so not me. ETA: She dries into a subtle, rosy-orangey scent, but still, too little, too late.

Surely there are men in the world who would be attracted to me without honey. Sorry, Jezebel, I will try to find you a woman (and man) who would love you on her skin, and I am going off to wash my wrist.

Edited by indicolite

Sampled from a friend's imp --

Still in the imp, I can't smell the honey at all -- the oil is all oranges and roses. It takes a good quarter of an hour, as a matter in fact, for the honey to climb past the oranges and past the roses and assert its dominance.

It's a perfume that could go with Botticelli's Venus -- honey blonde hair whipped all over; a shower of roses in full bloom. Don't get me wrong, though. Grace and beauty aren't my first choice of words to describe Jezebel. She's a little bit dirty, and very headstrong.

Given the choice, I prefer O.

Edited by Abberlaine Arrol

Jezebel - I don't get the honey, roses, or sandalwood scent from this at all. It turns into "orange-blossom baby powder" almost instantly. I love it, though! I've been putting it on after my bath at night, and I smell so white-floral powdery-fresh that I just love being around myself! And the scent lasts and lasts. When I wake up in the morning, the soft aroma of Jezebel is my first waking experience, and it couldn't be a more comforting and pleasant way to awake. I will be buying a full bottle of this and I'm going to wear it every evening. Forget the lavender scents I used to wear at night -- this one is even more relaxing and peaceful. Surprising name for such a serene scent.

a hallmark store i used to work at sold bath bombs... by a company whose name i've long since forgotten. they had one in a "romance" scent that i loved... it had roses and orange peel in it & was heart-shaped...

this smells the way those did.

rose and citrus and a little bit of sandalwood to keep it all grounded.

at least, until it hit my skin. i had about ten minutes of the yum before i got powder. more of a dusting powder than baby powder, thank goodness.

a beautiful oil, i'll try it on something that isn't me, and then i'm sure it'll be lovely.

Sniff Test: HUBBA HUBBA. The naughty honey note in O paired with Alice's rose and a whisper of sandalwood to stop it from being 'girlie' rather than 'sex-kitten'.

Skin Test: On the skin, it is much sweeter than O or Alice, but is obviously related to them. The husky, sexy honey from O, the not-too-sweet, not-too-fresh rose from Alice. The pairing with orange blossom is very nice indeed. I dare say that Jezebel is a more elegant, grown-up sort of a scent than the other two. I am very fond of it!

This is a lovely second-skin scent, Jezebel loves her citrus and roses, and they love her back for it. This was one of the few really feminine scents that I adore. It's just that good.

Too, too sweet, this smells like a white chocolate orange. The roses peep out, and I can't smell the sandalwood at all.

I love the name Jezebel and all that it conjures up, and I really wanted to love the scent, but its too sweet and girly for me. To me, Jezebel was a strong woman who came to a bad end. This Jezebel plays with dolls and simpers. Boo :P

I love this - it's more interesting to me than O. I adore orange blossom, rose and sandalwood, and they all balance the honey so that it doesn't take over. It starts out with a stronger orange blossom scent that I wish would hang around longer, but the dry down is still lovely - honey, rosy warm wood.

Oh, how I wish this were honey, sandalwood and orange blossom without the rose! I've found BPAL's rose note turns into powdery old lady soap on me, even when the blends smell great in the imp. This one actually works better than most blends containing rose because the sweet honey dominates, but there is still that rosy ickiness in the background, and the sandalwood and orange blossom are nowhere to be found. :P

I may keep the imp around with the hope, false though it may be, that this will work on me next time. If it does, I'll be sure to edit my review.

This is very lovely. The main note on me is honey. Though I do get occasional whiffs of orange blossom, it isn't very strong at all. The sandalwood note blends really well with the honey and deepens it and gives it a slightly spicier/woodsy attribute. I can't honestly detect roses at all.

This is soft & romantic & pretty. Yum.

In the imp - Warm, fresh and delicious. Smells like good quality orange chocolates. Yum, maybe I should just drink this ....

Wet on skin - Oranges and honey! I think I could maybe live in this smell ...

Dry on skin - Even better, warm and honey and a sharp stab of orange blending down and now the sandalwood is coming out to play adding an incredible earthy quality. Unless something bad happens this is definitely going on my bottle list.

Later - It's turned it a slighty chemical orange gummy sweets thing :P This is sad. I wanted it to like me.

In bottle: I can smell very light scents of rose, honey, and orange blossoms mingling

On wet: The rose grows stronger now leaving the others in the background

On dry: sandlewood really came out here, but not so overpowering, rose is still there and makes a perfect mix

love this one and usually wear it to work

This smells exactly like a slightly diluted O to me: sweet, light, sexy honey. I like it, but I think O's better. An imp's all I need of old Jez.

In the bottle: Hmmm... I can't quite put my finger on what hits me first. I can smell honey, florals, sandalwood, and something fruity.

Wet on skin: HONEY!!! I smell sweet, wonderful honey, tempered a bit by the rose and sandalwood. I'm not getting any citrus. I think I smell delicious.

Dry on skin: Still honey, but with a little more rose and sandalwood. I can't pick out the citrus, but it must be blended in there somewhere because there's something else in this. I still smell delicious.

Verdict: One of my signature scents. It's another scent that improves once it's on my skin.

wet - this is very sweet orange

As this dries the orange turns to orange candy with a hint of spice

Orange as a dominant note doesn't do it for me.

YUM is the first word that comes to mind.

This turns into honey and rose/orange blossom on me. Strong honey and headiness in the wet phase, dry-down brings out the florals. I think the sandalwood's keeping it grounded, but I can't pick it out. Melds together very nicely on the skin.

Verdict: I LOVE you, Jezebel. On the bottle list

My first bpal review!

I got this lovely imp from the very generous folks at a meet 'n sniff (rule of addiction: first one is always free).

On me I can't smell the roses (which is good, I'm not a rose fan) or the orange blossom. It smells sweet and powdery and a little bit sexy. I can definitely detect the honey and sandalwood. This is a more grown up sweet scent. It lasts for hours and the throw isn't too strong on me.

I definitely like this and would consider a big bottle of this.

In the Imp: It smells like a candy bowl of assorted fruit-flavored hard candies. It's very sweet and I get no sandalwood.

Initial Wet: Orange creamcicle! It made me giggle since orange blossom has never worked on me before--it usually goes immediately sour. Wow, that brings back childhood memories of after-school snacks at grandma's house.

Initial Dry: Ah, now the orange blossom is going a bit sour on me, but it's also fading behind the roses. The honey begins to come through and the scent morphs into honey-roses. I almost get a green scent really faintly, though I don't know where it's coming from. Maybe that's the sandalwood coming in.

Drier Dry: It dries to a lovely honey and sandalwood scent with just a hint of floral. The orange blossom sour has reverted to a light orange note with no sourness left. It's a lovely "womanly" scent on me. Much different from my normal preference for myrrhs and other resins and woods. I'm very pleased with the florals in this being very gentle and not at all overwhelming or "perfumy". The throw is a wonderful honey note that's not too strong or overly sweet.

Ah! It's so not fair! I'm trying to trim back my box of bottles :P This scent is just so uniquely happy, sweet and charming on me that I want to buy a whole bottle of it. I rank it up there with Alice as one of my favorite sweet-but-not-like-cake scents.

Oh wow! I'm in love. Love, I tell you.

On me this scent is warm and melds into this gorgeous skin scent. No note overpowers the other; it's just lovely. Because I know what's in it, I can smell each note individually, but otherwise, it's just an amazing blend of 'my skin but better'.

Definitely wanting a 5ml of this!

Mmm, honey! My skin seriously amps up honey, which is fine by me because I love it. This is honey with a few rose petals scattered in. The orange blossom sharpens it just a smidge. I'm not getting sandalwood at all.