Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

This was not much of a morpher, but I got a southern, humid air feeling from it. Wet, but powdery and a bit tangy. Not really my thing. Oh well.

Rose and Honey. In that order. It has an incredibly powerful kick and 9 hours after applying it lightly I can still smell it on my wrist.

I will be buying a large bottle of this without a doubt. It's gorgeous, summery, femanine and pretty much everything I wanted it to be. :P

At first this is mostly honey on me, and surprise! a honey that does not go sickly ick sweet on my skin - woohoo! Also, yes, roses. Pretty, soft, feminine. Maybe a little too foody sweet for me...I'm not sure. It has nice staying power. I tested this from a friend's imp, and while I'm not feeling inclined to seek out another just now, I would def. try it again.

11/3/07 - trying this again, without having looked at the notes, this smells like candied flowers. Sort of sour-sweet like sour candy. The drydown is just a honey smell - it's okay, but not great on me.

Edited by maribouquet

This is simply amazing. It's been on my wishlist for a while and I'd forgotten all of the notes until I reread the description just now.

Long ago, LUSH used to make a soap called Sunny Citrus. When I put Jezebel on my wrists this morning, my first thought was 'holy crap! it's sunny citrus!' There was that delicious creamy citrus scent with some decadent floral right behind it -- I was guessing maybe gardenia.

So it turns out I'm totally wrong. So it turns out the closest thing to citrus in here is orange blossom. So it turns out that she also contains rose and sandalwood, which I've gone public saying that I can't wear.

So I've been proven totally wrong. What the hell? A new one for the top ten. :P

I wish I got the orange blossom others could smell...when I wore this, it smelled just like I'd spilled an entire bottle of talcum powder...sigh. REALLY long lasting.

Name: Jezebel

Imp: A very sweet scent, I think I smell turberose.

Wet: A voluptuous swirl of orange, floral and honey - a tropical floral scent. The rose smells more like turberose on me.

Dry: Still tuberose, orange and honey, but nothing dominates.. Strange, I don't detect thre sandalwood, which usually works very well on me.

Furthermore: I don't really do a lot of floral, but when I smell this on me, I think I should - it's really lovely. Jezebel is also long lasting on me.

In the vial: Spicy Oranges. Mmm, smells tasty.

On Wet: Sweet, candied-something oranges and spice. Very warm, very heady. Not over-thick or sticky, though. It's orange flowers and sandalwood, mostly. I don't detect much rose and I think the honey is holding the two primary notes together, giving it the slightly candied aroma.

Drydown: The roses? Never, ever appear. The orange blossoms fade a little, but it's not gone completely. Sandalwood takes over and gives me a spicy, incensey smell, but a good sexy one, and the honey stays and tempers it from getting too single-note.

Definitely a 'I feel sexy confident' perfume.

Definitely a bottle purchase in my future.

In the imp: Sweet, lovely, pretty. I can never pull much in the way of notes out of the imp.

Wet: Sweet, but not sticky sickly sweet. I smell the orange blossom, rose, and it has a nostalgic smell for me. It reminds me of my Grandmother's bathroom. In a good way.

Dry: It's gone a bit powdery, and the rose is gone, but now the honey and orange blossom really merge for a unique womanly smell.

This is definitely on the wishlist.

*sigh* Rich honeyed roses with a light touch of creamy-citrus orange blossom. The smooth sandalwood appears on drydown, adding warm sexiness to an already voluptuous blend.

Jezebel

If I try really really hard, I can kind of pick out the different notes. But that's with great effort, because when I smell this, my nose screams BABY POWDER. I'm waiting to see if the smell evolves as it sets, but I keep getting whiffs of baby powder. I ask my husband to tell me what he thinks and he says it smells almost exactly like baby powder or baby oil. He hates it. He says it's the worse scent yet and asks me never to wear it again.

I can't say much else about this scent, because all I can think about when I sniff my wrist is a baby getting it's butt cleaned.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

1 : Ugh. This is really testing my patience. Babies. Do. Not. Want.

I love the scent, but it turns into pure baby powder on me. Johnson and Johnson, here's your endorsement.

Honey, rose. Which one of you is the culprit?

ETA: NEITHER! It turned out to be YOU, orange blossom! :P

Edited by cinderfallen

imp: honeyed, orangey roses. i normally dismiss rose blends pretty quickly but this one has my attention.

wet: just honeyed oranges. this is almost too sweet, but i'm loving every sniff!

dry: this scent teetered between honeyed oranges and honeyed roses as it faded. and it faded far too quickly.

This is my First ever imp and I have to say, I am thrilled beyond my wildest expectations.

On me, this is honeyed oranges, I am not picking up any roses at all. Not a disappointment in the least, I was afraid it would turn into a candy-like sweetness but it hasn't.

I am really loving this!

ETA: After wearing for several hours, this still has amazing throw on me. The scent has stayed with honeyed oranges, but morphed into more of honeyed orange blossoms rather than the sweetness of the orange.

I still love it!

Edited by Janet

O is the only other scent I've tried that has honey in it and I love it, so I ordered this with high hopes. It smells bad on me, very heavily floral, no orange, no honey.

In the vial: honey! And oranges. Very very sweet.

On me: orange creamsicle and baby powder. Stupid roses do that to me every time. :P Aah well.

Drying down: yeah, the orange is completely gone and it's all powder.

Edited by Indefatigable

In the imp, it's orange blossom & honey - nice!

The orange blossom & honey are still there when I put it on my skin, warmed up by sandalwood - very decadent, very sensual.

But when it dries, it's all powder - curses. I wanted to like this one.

IN THE IMP: Um, I can smell the honey and roses, but there's also a really sharp, sour note. Do. Not. Like.

WET: Sour note still there. Blah. I think it's the orange blossom. It's only really noticeable right against my wrist, though. Further away, it just smells like really thick honey and roses.

DRY: Mostly honey with some roses and orange blossom. The orange blossom's finally toned down and morphed into something I can stand. Nice, but a bit pungent for me. But I also really like the smell of honey. I'll have to think some more before I decide to keep it or not.

Wet, this smells divine - it reminds me of Toblerone Chocolate Orange, a yummy Christmas treat I used to get when I was young. It's a lovely swirl of citrusy orange blossom, rose, and honey.

As it dries, the orange blossom disappears in a few minutes. Jezebel turns into baby powder and rose on me. Maybe a slight hint of honey...

Dried down further, it's honey with rose. (Not a honeyed rose, but honey with a hint of rose.)

I like it, and I think I'll wear it today, but I'm not blown away. If the orange blossom stuck around (which it never does on my skin), I would buy a 5mL.

ETA: So, I slathered a bit and put some in my scent locket, and I really don't like it. The honey in Jezebel smells strongly like baby powder (this doesn't happen all the time to me, but sometimes - and especially if an imp is fresh). I got this imp from the forum, so it probably wasn't brandy-new. This smelled like baby powder with a hint of rose allll day. I'm just not a fan. If you are looking for a baby powder scent with a hint of rose and a faint tickle of honey, Jezebel is your girl.

Also, I think that if I hadn't put it in my scent locket, I might have gotten more honey out of it, because in the locket it never really 'dries down' or interacts with skin chemistry.

Off to the swaps from me though!

Edited by AEris

jezebel, we think you stink. bubblegum and bandaids. the pediatricians office. while waiting gor a shot. an unpleasant experience.

I was trying to put my finger on what unpleasant sweet and plasticy smell this was, but you've put your finger on it. I'm satisfied that I can go wash it off now.

In the imp, I'm getting sweet citrus and something sharp behind it. At first dab, the sharpness takes over a bit, almost an acrid scent. But that fades, and as the oil dries, it unfortunately goes quite powdery on me. It's sandalwood (which I normally really like), mixed with baby powder. I wish it worked - I was excited about the honey and orange blossom. It's also making me feel sneezy! There is a constant tickle in my nose. Oh, Jezebel, I wanted us to get along!

Honey at first, then comes a waft of orange blossom. Oranges too, the fruit. But that vanishes quickly and I’m left with honey with a bit of orange blossom.

As it wears, the orange blossom gives way to roses and now it’s honey and roses. Neither is dominant – they’re duking it out. But the longer it’s on, the more it seems that rose will ultimately win. That’s not to say the honey is completely absent, just backing off a bit.

This does seem like the rose from Alice, which is good as I like that rose. After it’s been on an hour or so, this is a soft, very pretty scent, close to the skin. Sweet, rosy and creamy. I really like this stage of the scent – the honey has calmed down but is that just enough to add a nice sweetness.

In the imp this smells very sour and I'm a bit worried...

But I need not be, as on my skin this is just wonderful! :P

Lovely sweet honey, gorgeous orange blossom and a hint of rose. All three are some of my favourite notes so it's not surprising I love this! There is something very bold and yet warm about this scent.

I'm definitely keeping the imp and might even consider a bottle of this.

i thought i wouldn't like this scent since its a fruit & chocolate & almond scent on me. its quite a sexy scent and i'm curious how this ages...it does make me feel like a harlot more than harlot does :P

a possible bottle order.

Wet: It starts out with rose and incense predominating. My skin just amps sandalwood damnit, and not in a way I find enjoyable.

Dry: It fades to rose scented powder. A dry, sweet, crumbly sort of rose smell. Not bad exactly, but decidedly unsexy. It's more of a little old lady smell.

Verdict: Keep trying, or layer with something. I want to like it, I really do.

orange blossom is one of the few citrusy notes that doesn’t amp all crazy on me. it’s really sweet here, reminding me of those jelly orange slices covered in sugar. it’s evenly balanced with the rose. i’m not sure what type of rose this is, but it’s really the perfect rose note, as far as i’m concerned, deeply floral and just a little powdery. and then the honey adds a layer of golden sweetness over everything. i’m not noticing the sandalwood at all. it’s taken me a long time to get around to trying this scent, and i’m glad i finally did. it’s soft and glowing and feminine, not too heavy, perfect for spring or summer.