Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
paperdoll

Forbidden Fruit

As light and innocent as your first time should have been. The fresh scent of lotus hidden behind lightly scented flowers, amber, and citrus.

Something in this smells sour. I'm actually not getting much citrus - I think I'm getting mostly lotus and an icky rose.

A cheery citrus scent. It's actually pretty reminiscent of Versailles. But tamer somehow. After the drydown this turns to soap on my skin though. :P

Forbidden Fruit-

In Bottle: Ugh, there's a soiled-diaper smell to this one. Is that the lotus? I don't know.

Wet: A little softer, not so much soil-smelling.

Dry: The dirty-diaper smell does not come back; it reminds me of those flowers that smell like rotting meat to attract predators who will carry their pollen, and though it's not noxious, it's cloying. It's not going to work for me.

Overall: Not for me.

In the bottle: jasmine and bubblegum.

On my skin: jasmine, jasmine, jasmine, and the tiniest hint of lotus. I really don't like jasmine, and lotus makes it a little watery, which I don't really appreciate either. It could even induce headaches, I'm afraid.

After a couple of hours: jasmine and soap. Bleh. :P

Verdict: the usual jasmine curse.

It goes on smelling like candy. Dries into a powdery/perfumey floral, maybe a little too floral for me. I'll probably swap it or give it away, although it's a nice scent. It just needs someone who likes florals a little more.

Hmmm...I got this as a frimp from will-call this week and I tried it this morning. I can't quite decide what I think of it. It's definitley pretty and sweet and soft. Lots of fruit, a hint of lotus and definite amber on the drydown. I think I like it!

In the imp: Sweet and powdery like a freshly opened package of smarties. Very fruity and strong floral.

On: Powdery candy big time, reminds me of those candy necklaces that I would eat as a kid, that left sticky marks around my neck.

Dry Down: I can smell the a bright floral note now with a touch of powder in the backround.

Lotus is overpowering and sickly sweet right off. I get a bright spark of citrus in there, which dies off pretty quickly. Then i'm pretty much just left with that deadly lotus. I'm sure the amber and flowers are lurking in there, but when i smell lotus that's pretty much all i can smell.

Naughty me, I dismissed this and stupidly so. It was a freebie with a mystery pack I bought and it was the lemon note that made me wrongly think it'd be not to my liking. WRONG! The lemon fades nicely into the background and doesn't go all antiseptic as some lemon notes can go. The other notes in this are lotus, amber and various unspecified lightly scented flowers. I love it.

I actually kind of like this. Going on, it's spicy, naughty pink bubblegum on me. (If you had done the blind sniff test on me, I would've guessed this was Jailbait, just as a thematic guess). It dries down into something a bit more subtle. While it's very pretty, especially on drydown, I have lots of candy/fruity florals already.

Um, yeah... gum. Juicy Fruit? Sure.

Yeah, I agree, at the age of six, I would have been all over this. Which, in combination with the name, is pretty creepy.

Swap!

My virgin review from my virgin BPAL order, wheeee! :D

I got this as a fantastic extra in my order (thank you, labbies!), and for some reason I decided to try it first. The fruity scent from the imp intrigued me, so I dabbed a bit on the back of my hand and started sniffing.

2 minutes: sniff..... sniiiiffff.... this smells familiar! Where do I know this from?

5 minutes: sniffsniffsniffsniff... this smells like something LUSH. My brain starts to hurt from teh thinking.

7 minutes: OMGTHAT'SIT! It's Silky Underwear! :D :P

Yup. The drydown of Forbidden Fruit on me is my own personal fragrance wet dream: a liquid version of LUSH Silky Underwear dusting powder. It's slightly sweet, creamy, and just a touch of a deeper note (the amber, I presume) to round the scent out. I could not stop sniffing myself, I love it!

I will most definitely be ordering a bottle of this.

Lab frimp!

:D LOTUS!!!

I'm sorry...lotus does not hide on me. Lotus barrels full-tilt out of the bushes, tackles me, and noogies me within an inch of my life.

Anything else in this blend doesn't stand a chance.

Cannot do lotus. Amps up to crazy-sweet on me. It's one note that earns blends a big red cross for me. :P

Have to get this off - I'm developing cavities just from the throw.

Sometimes lotus is good, sometimes it is RAR BUBBLEGUM

It's prety much RAR BUBBLEGUM here. Sticky-sweet and none of the other notes, at all. Ah well! The madre wants to try it for some reason sooo... it's all hers

In the bottle: Very fruity!

Wet: Still fruity, but a little deeper and not as sweet.

Dry: Uh-oh. Lotus. This starts smelling like bubblegum. :/

Overall: Lotus has a tendency to smell way too bubblegum-y on me, sadly. I really liked it in the bottle, and wet for the first 2-5 minutes...but as it started to dry, I started smelling like a gumball. :/ Darn.

Forbidden Fruit was Juicy Fruit gum with a bottom note of cat pee on me. On munchkin, it was gorgeous, sparkling citrusy-floral with just the right amount of sweetness. I'm sensing a trend here: scents that I really want to try wind up smelling awful on me and disgustingly good on my kid. *Definitely* time to sell her to the circus.

Wet - Juicy, sweet lotus with a bite of lime (lemon?). Drying, it turns to a more floral lotus. Is that peony?

Dry - Juicy (not bubblegum) lotus, rich amber. Not really "light" because the lotus is so strong.

Delectable! I love lotus, so I was very excited when I got this one as a frimp recently. The amber is pretty quiet in this blend- I detect mostly all lotus, with a little bit of citrus. I love how the citrus makes he floral a bit crisp and juicy. This is a very simple, uplifting scent that lasts quite a while on my skin. It reminds me a lot of Tarot: The Hanged Man, actually (just minus the apple note). Perfect for those quiet, blissful moments.

In the imp: Tart fruit and strong lotus, which always smells sort of pubic to me. :P

Wet on me: Ka-POW! Lotus amps until it smells like bubblegum. Very sickly sweet at first. Some citrus is struggling to get through the lotus.

Powerful throw just now. I was counting on amber to make the lotus a bit more sane, but it's just not happening!

After five minutes: Still cloyingly sweet lotus. I may be smelling some other flowers in here as well -- gardenia?

I think I'm gonna go and wash this off. It's just too damn lotusy and I can't imagine it turning into anything good.

Ummm - not for me. I didn't like it in the bottle, didn't like it on my skin. Reminded me of Smarties (those little sugary candy pill thingies). Eww. On it smelled no better, at least on me. It sort of turned into this strange, over-ripe bowl of sour cherries thing. Again. Oh no. Maybe this will turn into something after a while.

After awhile, it had pretty much turned as much as it was gonna. One thing I have to commend it for is the long lasting aspect. It does stick around. I didn't wash it off. I rarely do because scents do change. Although I didn't wash it off, I shan't be reapplying it either.

May work for some, but not on me. Other mentioned Lotus - perhaps that is what I am picking up that doesn't work on me. Who knows.

I mostly smell Jasmine. It's a Jasmine BOMB, with tiny wee bits of citrus and something sweet which might be the Lotus (I don't get a lot of Lotus, i had the Lotus SN and this doen't smell anything like that note so either there is very little lotus or the jasmine squashe it totally). Basically, you'll like this if you like Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine.

ps. where is the "fruit" part of forbidden fruit? it's more like Forbidden Jasmine :P

In the bottle: Definitely heavy on the lotus, with the fruit in the background

First on: Yup. Juicy Fruit.

Drydown: Now I can actually smell a bit of lotus flower instead of just bubble gum, it's a sweet aquatic floral.

Overall: Nope. I just don't like sweet scents.

Forbidden Fruit

In vial, bubblegum. Wet, it's all light flowers with an amber citrus background. I can see how this could be considered an innocent fragrance, but my mind almost always connects florals with old ladies, and it's doing it here, too. This mix makes me think of old lady perfume, or old lady soap. It has a clean, powdery feel to it.

[3 - Like] This makes me think of some nice old ladies I once knew, back when my mother used to drag me to the Sunday service.

Edited by MaidenGenevive