Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lorajc

Shadow Witch Orchid

Orchid tubers have been used extensively by witches in their love philtres, both to promote amorous attention and the attainment of true love, and, conversely, to wither misplaced passions and sever romantic bonds. This perfume is a dusky orchid, subdued and ethereal.

Initial Impression: orchid, underlying sweetness I can't place

On Wet: sweet, almost berry-like orchid. Very purple smelling.

On Dry: nice throw, still has that lovely berry note to it

Final Impression: gorgeous, great throw, nice fruity floral

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 4 Edited by erraticprophet

Hmm, this smells floral to me.....I know, totally lame description. It reminds me of some other oils I've tried.....maybe Asphodel, possibly Sunflower?? Except this smells 'purple' to me. Also I am picking up a touch of musk underneath the floral notes. Overall, not a bad scent, but not something I would wear often.

imp: a very deep, somber orchid.

wet: this is a thick, sweet, viscous orchid that sort of seeps in and sticks around for a long, long time.

dry: i can only describe this as the darkest, most somber orchid i've ever smelled. this has a dark elegance i've not quite found anywhere else.

Bottle: Orchid

Wet: Holy Floral, batman! Florals are always so strong to my nose! I guess this is orchid, I haven't smelled a lot of flowers in my lifetime, my mom is allergic.

Drydown: It's much more subdued now, also sweeter. It's certainly nice, but florals aren't typically my thing.

3.0 outta 5

Wow, this is an intense floral....

I am reminded first and foremost of Givency's Amarige. This is so similar to my nose, it's striking.

Amarige tends to go a bit sour on me, but this doesn't quite go there.

I think it smells like tuberose, really. It's attractive, but I'd have to be in quite a ravenous mood to pull it off.

This is a likeable scent, but it's not quite "me."

3.3 out of 5

Ohhh how lovely this one is. Wet is is fresh purple orchids. Very uplifting. I'm not a huge floral scent lover, but this one is fabulous. This fragrance screams the color purple, so if you like those types of scents, then this is one for you to try. This is such a heavenly scent. The scent fades a bit after a couple of minutes and is quite a bit lighter, but still very nice.

Edit: You know, like the poster said before me, it DOES have a slight tuberose-like note.

Edited by DARKBEAUTY28

Shadow Witch Orchid is lovely. It's subdued, ethereal, and mesmerizing in it's feminine sensuality. I find orchids to be dusky and sultry, and this one is no exception.

I can't really describe what this smells like. Orchid, obviously, but that doesn't help, really.

Imp: Floral but fruity-sweet

Wet: same

Dry: Very soft, sweet floral. Not FLORAL!!!! like jasmine or rose, but very subtle and nice. Definitely a floral for someone who hates florals (me.)

In the Bottle: A beautiful aqautic floral

On Me: Whoa, this gets strong on me. It's beautiful though. Very perfumey, but I like it. It's definitely a little dusky and ethereal, but I'm not so sure about subdued. At least not on me. It's a lovely blend of floral and green

in the imp: a sweet berry note i can't quite place and something that reminds me of the beach, but not the salt water aspect at all. hmmm.

wet on skin: there's a sweet, very summer scent in here, but i can't place it- honeysuckle? swimming in a lake? whatever it is, it's very, very lovely.

dry down: this is so well blended i can't really pick out notes, just to say that it's sweet without being cloying, floral and fruity without being food-like at all.

in all: a complex perfume, reminds me a bit of the original Betsey Johnson perfume for those who know it- sweet, floral, almost candy-like. a beautiful and complex fragrance.

In vial: sweet floral with hint of tangy-ness

Wet: All Orchids! Very floral!

Drydown: It is all Orchids I don't really smell anything else.

In the imp: Orchid. Dusky purple, slightly soapy.

Wet: Still dusky purple, but fuller, more robust. A slightly dry, herbal note is present, but this is mostly sweet purple orchid. It's almost fruity, in a ripe berry sort of way,

Dry: Orchid and berries.

This is a beautiful floral. Not to strong, not too wimpy with my skin chemistry. I think I'll pass this one on to my mother who loves orchids, because its PERFECTLY orchid. *enables*

Unfortunately, I'm not actually aware of what orchid smells like itself, but I can say this blend is beautiful. It's different than other floral notes I know; clean yet not soapy, some sharp sexiness lurking underneath. I wish I could do a better job of describing this, but I at least just wanted come hear to say this is wonderful!

I think I have to accept that most BPAL florals don't work on me; they either go soapy or sickly sweet. With Shadow Witch Orchid I get slightly soured orchids, like they've been sitting in water for too long and they're on the verge of decay.

This is a lovely orchid scent in the imp-unfortunately, as I predicted, this kind of floral just goes yucky on my skin. But for those who do well with orchid, I think this would be a perfect blend-a little smoky and a little sweet. Just not for me.

Edited by Suu4LC

In the bottle: Bright, fresh, green, and slightly fruity.

Wet: Less green, floral coming out. Must be the orchids - it's quite heady, expensive-smelling, and very feminine.

Dry: It's gone a bit soapy (??) and is now otherwise a straight floral. It's holding very well.

Summary: A bit too heady for me, but otherwise a nice, womanly floral.

I worried about this one, because it smells like plastic in the imp, but luckily Shadow Witch Orchid blossomed on my skin. It's a deep, almost fruity scent, and if it were a color, it would be this. It's very classic and sophisticated smelling -- I can't point out any specific notes, besides the orchid, because of how well-blended this is. I really like SWC, maybe even enough to get a bottle.

4/5

In the imp, this is a sweet, rich floral - very nice.

On my skin, it's very subtle, very sophisticated.

I really like this one - it's a simple, sophisticated, slightly sweet scent.

on me - this wasn't subtle anything. It was like wearing hot pink. It screamed floral and candy. I tried waiting it out and toughed out abotu two hours before I gave up. It was fascinating in a disturbing way, but not a perfume I would wear *on purpose* if that makes sense. I will give it another shot later, see if it was just me. I had hoped so much for the soft, creamy floral that I read about...

In the imp it smells really sharp. But on, this is gentle and not screamingly floral. I smell some sort of red or purple fruit underneath it. It's a fruity-floral for a sophisticated lady, not for a little girl. I think I'll keep the imp for special occasions and to see if I want to eventually move onto a bottle.

Very flowery. Not nauseatingly flowery sweet (thank goodness!), but very old-lady-perfume flowery. Not me at all. Trade Bag.

and.. again: total :P

this is beautiful to my nose aswell on my skin :D

I am so so very happy with my little imp and can t wait to get a bottle of this!

it s tropical flowers.. it s lush, it s delitefull, it s seductive and there.

you cannot miss this one when you re going out for dinner or something tres sjiek :D

Edited by lunaticana

Imp: Lush orchid with something sweeter like ylang ylang.

Wet: The orchid is a bit softer on, less sweet, remarkably mellow. Reminds me of some small yellow orchids at out gardens.

Dry: As it dries it gets a bit greener. Still it seems very close to a single note orchid butnow it is white and purple.

Makes me want to go sniff the various orchids at the gardens to compare. A little too floral for me. I prefer orchid mixed with something else. I might have to try layring this.