Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

Wow, this is just so wonderfully fruity! I know, I know… DUH! You might say. But it’s the best I can come up with. At first I definitely get the more “tropical” type of fruits: mangos, guavas, passion fruits, papayas, etc. After the initial drydown some more of the “normal” fruits show up in peachy and citrusy goodness. This has become one of my definitive favorites and I’m so happy I managed to snag a bottle on eBay (albeit a bit more expensively than I’d hoped at $36 incl shipping)… from now on I will definitely be wanting to add more bottles to the beginnings of this horde but will stick to the forum for a better deal.

So so fruity! I smell juicy fruit gum.

Yummy! I kind of wish I had bought some tonight.

First Impression: Mixed fruit - berries, plums, apples, something fig-like…

Dries down to: Settles, very quickly, into a very mild, fruit jelly.

Additional Comments: This isn't as strong as I usually like my scents but it's great for summer when I just want something light and not too sweet. On checking the notes in this one, it's amazing how beautifully they all blend into something so soft and summery. This one could be a good candidate for layering.

Lasted: A couple of hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

This is a really fruity scent. Duh. I can't pick out any notes, though; it's a kind of generic girly tropical fruitiness. I like it, but it's fading very quickly, so I don't think I can really wear it. It's also not my style, so I'm not broken-hearted about not being all that fond of it.

Very sweet in the bottle and on the skin. It does lighten up a bit after a while and some sort of spice comes forward, ever so slight, to calm the fruitiness down a bit. It reminds me of an exotic fruit salad...not the regular kind with apples and oranges, etc....but one you would get while on vacation in Hawaii, mangos, kiwis, guava, papaya, all fresh and delicious.

Wow! Guava is a strong note in this one, and I'm definitely getting the kiwi and apple as well. Yum! After a while, I'm able to discern the pomegranate and the pear, but everything's blending together so deliciously. It's a gorgeous scent, summery and light, but with a decent amount of throw. Delicious.

From the bottle: A light green apple with an undertone of fruity goodness and a base that's a touch sensual (probably those 'lunar oils').

Wet on skin: The green apple intesifies and I still can't quite make out any other fruits except fruits as a whole. Slightly sweet, but the green apple adds a bit of 'bite'. The sensual base I got from the bottle peeks through. Barely.

Dry: The green apple bite lessens and I'm left with a fruity blend. Invigorating and a bit sexy. Very glad I snagged a 5mL of this! :P

Later:Wow, I washed my hands and did some washing for dinner and this scent is still going! I'm a little put out that there wasn't more depth to this scent. It basically boiled down to green apple on me, and I've realized there's a hint of guava to it. And the green apple came back a few minutes after drying, stays quite strong and overshadows the other notes. But it's still quite nice. Light, refreshing and invigorating. A good everyday scent, great for summer.

imp: Fruit FESTIVAL! WOOHOO! Berries and citrus and nectarines and lemons.

mmmm...

wet: lovely citrus!!! Gorgeous!!!

dry: Gets a little faint after 2 hours but stays gorgeous. Light and pleasant! YUM! I'd like this to last longer, but it is just so beautiful I might use it anyway.

Verdict: YUMMY! A keeper!

First Sniff In The Bottle: Fruit Stripe Gum. Anybody remember that stuff?

Wet On Skin: Holy fruit salad Batman!

Dry: I'm not usually one to go for fruit smells, but this morphed into a nice grown-up fruity smell without any of the citrus notes I despise. Definitely a keeper, and I definitely reccomend this as a grown-up version on, erm, *cough*, Monky Farts.

The citrus components worry me. But it's actually not bad! It's fairly light and subtle - I think my skin is eating it. The pear and the apple are predominant, with the strawberry running close behind it. Kind of smells like a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Fruity... alcohol?

Pre-review thoughts: Geeze, but this has a lot of notes! I wonder how many I'll be able to pick out! :P

In the imp: Apple, blackberry, cantaloupe, pear, guava, and peach.

On skin, wet: A confusing jumble of fruity notes. I can't pick anything out, and it smells kind of... garbled.

On skin, dry: I still can't pick out any individual notes, and there's something about this that smells of alcohol! It reminds me of the fruit-scented nail varnish remover at a nail salon in a nearby mall. Every time I walk by the salon, I smell it: fruity with a distinct alcohol under-scent. With Fruit Moon, it's obviously some note (though who could tell?) reacting badly with my skin chemistry. I wish I knew what that note was; my money's on lime.

Conclusion/Notes: If it weren't for whatever note that doesn't agree with me, this would be quite lovely, and even if I didn't seek out a bottle, I'd keep the imp. As it is... well, I'll probably still hang on to the imp, but I won't seek out more -- which is a shame, since I've recently become a bit of a fan of fruity blends.

Fruit Moon

In the bottle:

This smells like a moonlit fruit garden - I don't think 'ripe' is the word, more like 'juicy'.

Wet on the skin:

mmmmmm!!!! this smells like Titania, but draped in moonlight - must be the lunar oils that have me stuck in pertetual moonlight (my favorite place!! :D ). I can pick out the pear (delish!!) and the strawberry (very faintly) & something melon-y or citrus-y.

Dry on the skin:

This now reminds me quite a bit of Pink Phoenix - lots of strawberry on me.

Fortunately there is an ever subtle presence of lunar oils that keep Fruit Moon from being a sibling of the Pink Phoenix.

Overall:

I love this!! I regret not buying 2 bottles!

The lunar oils are always there making it distinct from Titania & Pink Phoenix. However, this is a wonderful fruit offering for those of us who love the night & a full moon. :P

Edited by Akurarei

My first thought was Lychee Nut! Yes I know it isn't a note that is listed, but it reminds me of the sensation of biting into a cold crisp and juicy lycee nut. It is very fruity as it should be, but I can on the dry down smell the lunar bit of it. I am wearing it today on a cold and dark day and fell like I am surrounded by a bit of sunshine (how cheesy is that?)

whee! got this as part of a swap!

In the bottle: oof. fruit salad, yummy yummy.

On the skin: Fruit stripe gum! with the zebra on it!

15 minutes later: aaah. Individual fruits poking out, but the sugared kind. I'm getting very mild almost minty/bubblegummy note. Then again, 'bubblegum' flavor is some sort of mint and cassis, so maybe that's what I'm getting. This fragrance smells like walking into one of those fun shops with lots of novelties and candy. Really cheerful, I like this! Not an every day for me, but definitely doable for when I'm in the right mood.

Oooh this is quite nice. I have a love hate relationship with fruit smells. They can sometimes smell artificially like say Froot Loops. This isn't the case with Fruit Moon. I can detect what smells like apple, mango maybe - something else tropical, maybe even pineapple? This will be an amazing scent for the summer - I think I'll stash it away and save it for then !

In the bottle:

bitter sweet-tarts

On me:

In a wierd way this actually smells like ALL of the fruits listed there. If you give a good sniff, you can pretty much pick out each one. Sometimes I catch a whiff of currant, sometimes apricot or orange, sometimes cherry.

On my skin though, Fruit Moon is predominantly pomegranate. It's that ripe, juicy, TART pomegranate (and to me, pomegranate has always smelled like sweet-tarts). It's just gorgeous.

Later on, I get a deep mandarin orange/apricot background to this but it's still mostly that super tart pomegranate.

Final note:

I'm so glad I have this - pomegranate is one of my favorite fruit notes and I love wearing it. You would think this blend would be crazy and have too much competing between the fruit notes, but that isn't so. I'm so happy I have a bottle of this beautiful fruit blend!

In bottle: sparkly melon

On skin: blast of fruit salad, woo! Lots of sharp citrus and apple especially

Half-hour later: more dark fruit emerges, like plum, and the clean "lunar oils" keep the fruit anchored

In conclusion: I had issues with other Lunacies in that the lunar oils made every blend end up a bit soapy. However, these strong fruits balance the lunar oils and keeps the blend from going into detergent territory. Long-lasting and fun!

In the bottle: A sweet indistinct tartness.

On my skin: A salad of cut up melons, guava, and I can smell a bit of pomegranate too. It's fruit chunks that have been recently sliced and are now soaking in their own juices. OH MY PTB. Drool. I love this. Perfect for summer. It's so... ripe.

Later: No, no, no! Fading. This is turning into dust. Literally, it smells like dust.

Clay and dust. I'm going to cry.

The optimist in me wants to try this layered with something. Maybe if I wear it with a dab of SWANK or in a scent locket the fruit scent will be invigorated and cajoled into lingering longer in its truest manner.

I'll come back and edit this if I can entice it to stay by way of said layering.

Okay, this is probably not the most helpful review, but: on me, Fruit Moon smells like lollipops! Strong, sweet, fruity, and candy-like. I love it! It's kind of mouthwateringly juicy. Very cheerful and bright - great on days when I want to smell like something hot pink. :P

Wet: LIME. And a bit of lemon, and I'm not sure what it is but something is minty.

First on: I'm mostly getting lime out of this, it's hard to tell though.There is a definite sour/tangy fruit note separate from the lime.

Dry: How odd and fleeting. For about 10 minutes I had screamingly loud lime, but it's dried into a nondescript sort of powdery scent. There is really not much of anything left! I don't think this is for me, sadly.

This blend was really really wonderful (a fruity explosion :P which is a good thing for me) for about 10 minutes. I could detect lime and an ambiguous mishmash of "tropical" fruits. Yum. Thennn all of a sudden it decided to take on this chemical smell which I really did not like. Something like fruity cleaning fluid. Not good. Boo. Oh well, I tried... :D

In the bottle: this smells like all the best fruit-flavored candies that could ever exist. SweetTarts, jelly beans, you name it. I could even SWEAR I smell a lychee note in there, which makes me happyyy to smell.

Wet: mmm fruity smoke. Trying to pick out notes from the scent description, and my skin is definitely picking out the cherry, the currants, the cantaloupe, and the mango, with a little peach, pomegranate and the berries being nice and red-pink underneath.

If I slathered this a little more I'd get good throw. A very juicy, reddish-gold fruit, and I'm guessing the lunar oils smell like nice smoke to me, since Beaver Moon hits the same note. YUM.