Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Fruit Moon

The bountiful, bright and vivacious prelude to the Harvest. A horde of wet, ripe fruits: green apple, apricot, blackberry, black cherry, black and red currants, cantaloupe, English pear, guava, lemon and lime, orange, mandarin orange, kiwi and mango, passion fruit, papaya, Georgia peach, raspberry, plum, tangerine, pomegranate and strawberry over a luminous blend of lunar oils.

Fruit, more fruit, so much fruit it's like being buried in a bowl of fruit salad amounts of fruit.
Citrus and grapefruit, then peach and apricot that fade into papaya and guava and melon, touches of apple and currant as this dries down. Incredibly long lasting, lucious, juicy, and amazingly complex. Absolutely stunningly gorgeous for those who like fruity scents.

This, to me, is like my first sniff of Titania. Iced pears with sugar. However, where the florals and white musk kick in when Titania hits the skin, Fruit Moon just gets more lush and sweet.

I smell honeydew melon, predominantly, with passionfruit and papaya in the background. It's a pale green scent, and a very optimistic one at that. I was expecting to not like this one very much, as I dislike "fruit punch" scents (Mi-Go and I did not play nice), but instead, I found this delicious and ripe.

While this is gorgeous in the bottle and at first application on my skin, smelling mostly of melons and citrus, it eventually falls prey to the other berry-based BPALs and turns into "waxy fruit-scented candle" on me. :P

Ooooh, sweet Fruit Moon, one of the best moons yet :P It's a glorious cornicopia of the sweetest, juciest, ripest summer fruits. They all mesh so beautifully, its hard to pick out individuals since there are so many, but I think the peach and the mango are holding their heads a little higher than the rest. I can also pick out blackberry and kiwi. Luscious, wonderful, I adore this moon. Right up there with Titania for the best fruity scent yet. Perfection! :D

I am in the boat of Titania lovers, it is my favorite fruit blend from the lab. This is incredible, it does actually change everytime I sniff it. This is the PERFECT summer scent, and even if you dont like fruits... try it to witness the morphing this puppy goes through :P

I am rolling in fruits.

ROLLING.

No specific notes pop out, but this is like swimming in the bountiful summer harvest of ripe & luscious fruits. In the tropics. It's a mango, kiwi, melon, papaya blend. Ripe & very fragrant.

YUM.

Unsurprisingly, this is a very wet, ripe, fruit scent. My mother in law, when she lived in South Africa, always used to keep a massive fruit bowl filled with oranges, mangoes, lychees, papayas, and whatever else was in season. Fruit Moon smells like that bowl.

When I first apply it, I smell the citrus -- it's quite tart and almost astringent. To my delight, it becomes sweeter and more lush with wear.

This is extremely yummy. It's not one that I will reach for terribly often, but when I'm in the mood for fruity, it doesn't get much better than this.

Oh wow! A moon I can wear!

Wet, just like Juicy Fruit gum. A gorgeous fresh blend of all things fruity.

Dry, still Juicy fruit, but a hint of floral.

Yea, I am going to need more!! :P

This and Numb were my order (and a few imps!) which just arrived.

I figured I would like Fruit Moon, and sort of tossed aside Numb after initial sniffs.

Fruit Moon is bursting with chaotic fruity goodness! Sweet, and I know I smell peaches on me from it, as well as something cool like Midwinter's Eve- berries??

I liked wearing it alot, since fruit/food scents do please me. It does have a cool feeing too dispite many sweet fruit scents chaotically imprisioned in the oil. Sort of like a polar opposite of Numb's calming cool.

I'd definatly reach for this again, since it's sort of the Carman Maranda Hat of BPAL lunar blends. I like Fruit.

This goes on the list of "Scents Beth should somehow incoroprate into sodas or teas of BPAL"

I normally hate fruit scents, so I passed on ordering a bottle of Fruit Moon... and now I'm kicking myself. I hate fruits that are too sweet, or that smell like fruity gum or candy on me.

Fruit Moon smells like a genuine juicy tropical fruit salad to me. In the drydown it smells like it has a bit of sugar sprinkled over it, but it still isn't fakely fruity or too sweet.

This smells like all of my favorite fruits. At first I'm getting the pear, peach, and apple... it smells a bit boring to me at that point. I like tropical fruits and berry scents a lot more. Luckily for me, this is all lush and wet tropical fruits in the drydown. Kiwi, mango, passion fruit, lime, and various melons... I love this :P. I feel like such an idiot for not getting a bottle. I'll use up my decant and probably try to get a 5 ml off of evil ebay.

This was utterly delicious. Super-fruity, not too much sugar but a lot of natural sweetness. I think I was mainly getting the melon and peach, but I'm rotten at picking out different fruit scents. Just so yummy.

Sadly, the throw and lasting power wasn't great on me. I'd love to get a full bottle (why did I order Numb instead? why??), but if I don't I can't ever see me really getting to put on enough to make up for the lightness.

I did give my imp of Titania a first trial today, and while it's much sweeter, it was still close enough that I may substitute it in for my fruity needs.

I was really looking forward to Fruit Moon and almost had ordered multiple bottles, but held myself back, because, well, just because.

In the bottle, I was hit with a blast of Skittles, a whole big bowl full, which was a little scary, to be honest, as I can do sweet, but I'm not a huge fan of candy sweet.

On my skin, it stays candy-coated through drydown, when Fruit Moon just blooms. The sugar burns off and the sweetness becomes real fruity goodness. Like otehrs have said, it is different fruits at different times - a true melange. No one note dominates on me.

This is a really really nice scent that will be absolutely lovely in hot weather, or as a reminder of hot weather in the dead of winter, when acquiring such wonderful fruits is impossible. :P

My BPAL addiction started the day after Fruit Moon went live, and I've been kicking myself for it ever since...so I snagged the first decant imp someone had on offer, of course. :P

In the bottle it smells like a big bag of fruit candy -- not Skittles necessarily, more like those fruit-flavored caramel-like chewy things -- but on me it seems to get progressively more like fresh, ripe fruit until it fades away (far too soon for my taste...) I didn't think I'd like foody-smelling perfumes, but I am in love with this.

In the Bottle: Juicy Fruit Bubblegum and alcohol. Undaunted, I put this on.

Dry: Tangy, juicy, ripe, tart, fruit. Lots of pomegranate. Mellow citrus, not lemony. All very fresh very real and very delicious. More tart, not too sweet. You won't have to worry about smelling like Jello IMO, I don't find this in the least artificial or candy-like.

I like it! Summer here I come!

Fruit Moon is a more vibrant, juicy Mi-Go.

It's missing the subtle bite Mi-Go has, but it has those crystal lunar notes in the background Mi-Go does not.

This is very candy sweet, but it settles down to a musky fruit scent. Peach, mango, papaya, grapefruit, you name it, I can smell it.

This is a wonderful fruity scent.

Wow, Fruit Moon is like fruit punch! The good kind, with all kinds of chopped up fruits bobbing about.

I wasn't so sure about it in the bottle, but this is a blend that loves the skin. It just blooms and gains dimension. The lunar notes sparkle like sugar on top.

I'm so glad I got a bottle. This will go next to my bottle of Titania in my BPAL box for the days when I want something mouthwateringly fruity.

in the bottle - an amazing blend of sweet ripe fruits. I want to pour this over ice, blend it up, and drink it out on the veranda on a tropical island. Insanely good smelling.

On - melons (mango?) and more juicy fruits. Unfortunately it fade extreamly fast on my skin and I seriously slathered it on. Oh well, can't win them all.

Rating

3 out of 5

It was my first Lunacy order. I ordered with trepidation, fearing I would wind up smelling like my dad's Christmas fruit salad.

Origin: Fresh from the Lab.

In the Bottle: All I can pick out is sour/citrus fruits. Lime, tangerine...it does smell like my dad's fruit salad, which is heavy on the grapefruit. But I don't like grapefruit and that's not one of the components.

Wet: MAJOR grapefruit and tangerine, maybe a hint of the mango or papaya...something tropical is trying to peek out.

Drydown: Nope, tangerine and oranges. I have to breathe very deeply to get even a hint of other notes and the ones I can catch are the ones I don't care for...like apricot and cantaloupe. I get no apple, no strawberry, no pear.

Verdict: Oh well. This one will be sold or traded.

As a big fan of the fruit blends, there was no way I'd miss Fruit Moon...

In the bottle: Um, yikes. This one's scaring me - can there be a fruit scent that doesn't work on me? This is sour rotting melons. The sour note is making me a bit nauseous, but I'm betting it'll evaporate on my skin.

On: Luckily, the sourness goes away. It's still very melony - more honeydew than canaloupe to my nose - but it's gotten sweeter, and I can smell passionfruit in the background, adding a bit of tartness (but not the sourness that the blend had wet).

It's definitely candylike, and will be a great spring/summer scent, if I can be patient through the drydown.

In the bottle this smells like melons, grapefruit and papaya. There is a bunch of other fruits, but I can't really separate them.

On my skin I can smell a bit of pineapple and pomegranate now. It is a little sweet and a little tart as well. The fruit all mixes together and I still can't isolate the different notes. It is very fruity to say the least. After drying this turns into fruit candy. It isn't super sugary, just a nice fruity sweetness with a slight edge.

My finance said I smelled like a gummy bear, which he liked. My friend said I smelled like I had doused myself with Red Bull. Either way I really like this and will be keeping my bottle.

Edited to add that I can also smell passionfruit! That was one of the notes I couldn't pinpoint. This seems to be the dominant note on me, it smells great.

Edited by slugbait

Life Savers! Fuitalicious! Jello! This is *awesome*!!!!!!!!! I only wish I had had this for early in the summer!

Now, off to find a fuit basket to wear on my head and some colorful flamenco outfit!! :P

In the bottle, this blend is primarily melon, with a rich tapestry of more subtle fruits in the background.

Wet on the skin, melon remains the most identifiable note -- honeydew or canteloupe. There is an array of red and purple fruits behind the melon scent, particularly blackberry and strawberry.

As drydown progresses, the melon remains at the forefront for a long while, but overlays a lovely backdrop comprised of various berry notes, plum, pomegranate, and cherry. There is a short period of time during which the peach steps forth, giving a slightly overripe cast to the fragrance, but it is not a long-lasting phenomenon. Eventually the melon retreats enough that the notes are able to meld into a velvety-rich deep-burgundy sort of scent.

When I got this and sniffed it I got mostly the melon, and it was very juicey. That's the only word for it.

On my skin the trypical fruits seem to come out storonger the pineapple, guava, mango, passion fruit, and papaya. I couldn't stop sniffing myself.

Once it dried down it got this just nice over all fruit scent and made me want a mixed drink. I love Beth's fruit scents they work pretty well on me.

I am devastated to find that the only note in Fruit Moon that shows up on my skin is cantaloupe :P

I generally like cantaloupe but I was hoping for the wonderful fruit salad that everyone else has been describing. I want apricots and currants and berries and luscious tropical fruits.

Over time, the cantaloupe develops a pungent undertone that may be some of the topical fruits trying to emerge. But they can't break free from the stranglehold that cantaloupe has on them.

Fruit Moon smells exactly like a fresh bag of Skittles. Yum!

It's a bit overpowering in the bottle, but that goes for all of the Luncay blends.

On my skin, however this is gorgrous! Fruit scents really smell lovly on me :D I'm getting a perfect mix of fresh, juicy, ripe berries, melons and citrus fruits. It dries down to mostly melon. It's a very sunny, fun and summery scent.

I Love this one. I'm so so happy I have a bottle of this :P