Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

For some reason I kept thinking champagne in this, even though it's more martini according to the description. Fruity in the vial, this went on very very sweet but quickly dried down into this gorgeous, crisp tart scent. Pomegranite and a touch of something alcoholic. This is an adult fruitiness, nothing sweet and innocent about it, just straight to the point clear and clean and sparkling. I wasn't certain I would like this at all but I'm rather in love with it and keep smelling myself.

In the bottle: First thought - hey, that smells like the drink I had the other night! LOL Really does smell like a fruit-y alcoholic beverage, although pomegrante wasn't the first fruit that sprung to mind.

Wet: Hum - something almost medicinal about this one. Like a very astringent perfume - but that'd probably the "alochol" in the martini doing its job.

Drying: Getting fruitier. Still not thinking "oh - that's pomegrante" ... but maybe my brain is expecting it to smell sweeter (since I love eating them) and therefor not making the connection. ::shrug:: Either way, there is a definite fruit smell - something a little sweet, a little tart and very yummy all around!

Dry: Wow - this is beautiful, in a very fun way. It sure does smell like a cocktail but not in that "I just spilled a martini in my lap" way. Its a fantastic blend: crisp, invigorating and easy-going, the right balance of sweet and tart!

Verdict: A sexy scent but not in the "take me now!" sort of way. Its playful, almost, and very ... casual? (Does that make sense to anyone but me? LOL) This is something I can see myself wearing for a night out on the town with the girls.

Edited by saoirse

First Impression: Sweet, tart and tangy.

Second Impression: This is cool and fruity and wonderful. The smell is just like the taste of eating a pink and a green SweeTart at the same time. It's crisp, cool and tart, which keeps the sweetness from getting cloying.

Final Analysis: So much like a cold fruity maritini, I just love it.

Tangy, bright, sparkling, juicey. This is the one I reach for most often when I want something fruity. It has just a touch of a bitter edge to it that keeps the scent from becoming too sweet. It also, without fail, makes me crave cocktails :P

Wet, this strikes me as very lemon fruity. Not in a sharp or artificial way. Just clean and juicy.

Once it dries down on my wrist, it becomes very light. The tanginess sticks around briefly but eventually softens. The crushed berry tartness is still evident, though, just more subtle and sweet. I think the comparison to blood oranges is dead on.

Over time, it’s not changing too much. It’s a very bright blend, almost like sniffing pith/citrus zest. I don’t detect anything alcoholic, though it is more complex than a straightforward fruit blend.

I think this will be fabulous for summer. And I might just need a bottle for burning as well as wearing because it’s a great pick-me-up.

In Bottle: The Pomegranate is the strongest note. Very delicious.

On Skin: Again, very pomegranate. This reminds me of an Illuminations candle. I personally love it on me… other people may think it’s strong and that it is too room fragrance like. It is very bold and bright. I think it’s a great spring scent, pure fruit... it makes me thirsty.

I’d love to order a bigger bottle of this and use it for candles, baths, and anything else I could.

Initial Sniff: A very posh sort of martini - I can smell the vodka, pomegranate, and the curly citrus peel garnish.

Wearing: The alcohol note disappears, leaving a crisp fruit smell behind. The sweetness of the pomegranate is cut by the bitter citrus, making this just so... wearable!

Final Impressions: I am so shocked by this one. My hopes were not very high - any boozy scent makes me a bit wary. But this one is not boozy on the skin at all... just very crisp and fresh.

omg yes a pomegranet martini

gorgeous this is my new summer scnet simply breath taking!

Vial ~ Wow. Fizzy mango lemonade.

Wet ~ The fizz is trying to morph into something sharper, but I can't tell what -- almost an aerosol-like tint to it. Wait, it's mellowing out so that the spritz is gone for now.

Drying ~ The description mentioned a pomegranate martini or some such, and I've seen a Swank icon that shows a strawberry in champagne. I'd say mango bits in champagne, myself.

Drydown ~ Have you ever eaten something at just the right level of sweetness that when it hit certain parts of your mouth, an automatic muscle reaction had you grinning like a maniac? Swank is hitting my nose that way. The fizziness is just perfume/alcohol strong enough for me to wonder if I really like it, but I'm starting to grin despite not getting any relevant sensory memories from it.

Dry ~ I waved my wrist in front of the barrista's face and he commented that Swank smells very clean. It still had some mango fizz going for it, and actually kept at that stage for quite some time.

Fade ~ The champagne's finally gone flat, so there's no more fizz effect. It and the mango are still there, just a bit dulled.

Final thoughts ~ This is cute. I don't know if it suits me, but it'll be interesting to keep trying and Spring and Summer progress to see if I come to love it.

out of the bottle: lemon cleanser and sweet tarts

on skin, wet: same

on skin, dry: same

final thoughts: this one is definitely not for me. it gave me a headache and i ended up swapping it. i hope it works better for someone else. :P

In the Bottle A crisp and chilly pomegranate martini.

Wet I am salivating. I must have one now! lol. It immediately warms up the moment it touches my skin. Oooooooohhhhh tart and sassy..... btw, it tastes nothing like it smells. I couldn't help myself.

Drydown This is a strong sucker. You only need one little dab. Fucking shit this is good...... swank-ayyyyyy

Two Hours Later I'm kind getting a headache now. And it's kinda chilly too. Hmmm..... this scent is beginning to wear out it's welcome.

Verdict Much like a real martini, too much leaves you with a headache and needing a shower. It started out good, but seemed to get stronger, and went back to chilliness..... I like it, and I don't.

Swank:

Wet: holy wow, this is bold. Pomegranate martini, indeed!

Drydown: Still bold. Still strong. I'm not sure I'd peg this as a pomegranate martini, but more like pomegranate champagne. I get a very "bubbly" notion from this.

Longterm wear: Whew. I'd love this as a candle. I don't know that I'd wear it as a personal scent, but it's delicious. Perhaps a bath bomb..

I've never tried a pomegranate martini but I have tried champagne cocktails. This smells exactly like that. I wasn't expecting to like it at all as i thought it would be sharp and alcoholic (in a pure alcohol way not a particular alcoholic drink), but it is fruity, sweet (with a hint of citrus sharpness) and has a fizzy champagne scent to it. I adore this! It's one of the scents that most people don't even give a second glance, but they are seriously missing out!

ETA that on the strength of this perfume i recently ordered a pomegranate martini in a bar decked with rich tan leather sofas. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

Edited by Nemesister

Zing! Wet, this is all about tart, juicy, fruit. Super citrus, almost limey in a way. Not boozy at all, like some of the wine scents, just clear water and citrusy pomegranite. I'm not a big smell like fruit person - and it wasn't special enough for me to keep, but I can see where it will be a delightful summer scent for some. Very refreshing.

Fruity, boozy, and delicious. :D

Well, I didn't drink it, I wanted to though. :D

It is a tart fruit, and though I've never noticed a strong smell from pomegranates, this does smell like them. I can also smell the booze, it smells more of Gin to me than Vodka. It is quite strong on me, and has great throw. :P

Another hit from the fruity scents for summer search. :D

At first this smells bit citrusy and almost a bit soapy. It's very fruity in an almost tropical way. This stays really sweet for a fairly long time but dries down beautifully. At this stage it is very similar to Persephone due to the pomegranate. I'm not sure about this one yet. I'll try it a couple more times but it may just be too sweet for me.

Ah, delicious Swank.

The first time I tried this it was almost syrupy in the sweetness. But on the second go round, it was closer to the fresh crisp-tart tang of a ripe pomegranate. It feels cool and delightful to me, very classy like a pomegranata martini in a frosted glass with just a bit of sugar on the rim.

A very beautiful pomegranate scent thatis not cloying or heavy.

Fruit scents generally do not do well with me. THIS, on the other hand ... this is very nice.

It has a note in it that relieves it from unrelenting fruitiness. It's clever and witty and has a sharp aspect to it that lifts it above the tutti-frutti morass of so many gourmandy scents. Long-lasting, too. Good sillage.

Bravo, Swank.

I was really hoping this one would work for me... :P

In the bottle it was all sweet fruit with a hint of bubbliness and while the fruitiness was a bit much, I liked it and was hoping the fruit would settle down.

Wet: It took me a few seconds but then it hit me-- this was more like a Shirley Temple than a martini. This isn't fresh pomegranate, it's grenadine syrup.

Dry Down: The fruityness has become less pronounced. That hint of bubbly freshness is coming into its own. I'm going to say it's juniper back there. It's like a really good gin drowning in Rose's Grenadine.

Last Thoughts: Good staying power, the sweet, fruity grenadine scent carries through to the end. It's a pretty scent but the whole Shirley Temple thing made me think slumber party instead of cocktail party. I was hoping for something more sophisticated, and after an hour I'd had enough.

Wow, this is tart pomegranate juice with a hint of sparkling wine.

It actually reminds me of my mom's christmas potpourri a bit. It's sweet and incredibly juicy. I don't know if I'll wear this but it's dying to be applied somewhere.

In the bottle : Syrupy sweet with a faint hint of booziness in the background.

Wet : Sharp, tart & bubbly - the sweetness fades to the background.

Drydown : Exactly the same, this one didn't change on me at all.

Excellent staying power and throw - to me, this is a happy, bouncy, 'pick me up' scent. I get tons of compliments every time I wear it and it just makes me feel good. It also makes me want to kick back with the girls on the beach and drink cold fruity things with umbrellas :P

I threw Swank on while running out the door to a concert last night, so I didn't get a chance to pay as much attention to the scent as I'd normally do on a first try, but...

In the imp: Fruity-sweet, like a hard candy.

Initial application: Pomegranate! Juicy and tart, almost syrupy.

After 15 minutes: The 'alcohol' component starts to kick in, and every so often it seems to go a bit astringent/cleaning fluid on me. Hmm. It'll just be a waft here and there, and then go back to the tangy pomegranate loveliness.

Drydown: Continues much the same... every so often there's this little hint of lemon Pledge/cleaning fluid, but otherwise a perfect embodiment of a pomegranate martini.

I'm hoping the cleaning fluid thing might have just been down to the fact that I REALLY slathered this on... I was rushing and my hands were fumbling - it's actually a miracle I didn't dump the whole imp on! It's definitely promising, so we'll see what a more sparing application does.

A pomegranate martini describes this scent perfectly.

It's got a lovely fruity scent, with a little bite of booze. I tend to crave Bellinis when I wear it, which is a little weird as I certainly don't smell peach, but that's okay. It's a great warm weather, make you happy kind of scent. Love it, and it's on my list for a bottle.

This is a very subtle frangrance. It's very fruity, but not overly sweet or cloying like a lot of fruit frangrances seem to be. It's juicy when you first put it on, but reminds me of a lemondrop as it dries. It's perfect on warm days when you need a light fragrance, or on a grey day when you need a boost.

I'll be buying a 5ml with my next order.

Such a lovely, sparkly scent. I love pomegranates, and this worked better on me than Persephone did. Unfortunately, my mom said, "who's been eating cherry lifesavers again?" :P Some people have no taste.