Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

Whoever said "sweet tarts" was right on. It wasn't quite as bad as smartees, but it still went very sugary on me instead of "crisp pomegranate." I didn't get citrusy at all, but I wish I had. Oh well. Maybe I'll give it to my sister. This scent is okay, but I guess it really just comes down to body chemistry and personal preference.

I didn't really expect to like this, but I tried it on a hot day, and wow!

What a nice summer scent!

It wasn't cloying or overpowering, it didnt make me smell like alcohol, it

was just very nice, fruity and light. Yes, even crisp!

I like this a lot. Maybe not enough for a bottle, but I'm not parting with my imp!

I *just* now got this in a package as a frimp from Rhowan... and immediately put it on!

in the imp it's fruity and crisp, but nothing that whacks my nose... so, off to let it dry.

hmmm... it's supposed to be remeniscent of a Pomegranate martini? Not sure... It's... Light... Crisping up a bit as it dries... It's a pale fruit, nothing heavy or syrupy. This might be divine as a room scent! Yeah, 15 minutes later I'm getting florals. Must try it as a room scent to see if it stays true or if it morphs.

GAK... it's turned completely potpourri on me... :P at least it's not terrorising my sinuses. I'll be fine... and who knows, maybe it'll morph again and settle down!

ETA: no way... headache inducing... off to add to swap list and take some tylenol...

Edited by Gypsybaby

This is like a pomegranate single note! I don't get any booziness at all. Just lovely sweet pomegranate smell. I. Love. It.

I'd kind of like to compare Swank to Pomegranate SN to see how close they are on me, but I'm probably not going to be able to get any Pom SN, so never mind.

Swank was the scent that got me into all this. I love pomegranates; tasted my first one almost 30 years ago, when Americans were not so familiar with exotic fruits and products like "Pomegranate molasses".

It is berry/pom in the bottle; and, to me, changes very little on drydown. It gets softer, but the sharp note (boozy) and the pom scent stay very true on my skin. This is a great scent to have something to be happy about on a bad day, or going into a stressful situation.

Throw at first was concerningly strong, but pulled back to a respectable distance after an hour.

I'm amazed at the staying power. I applied this at 7:30 am and at 8:41 pm, I can still smell a true pomegranate note, but still cut with enough of an astringent note (the vodka?) to keep it from being icky-sweet.

This is a huge mood-lifter for me. It makes me want to explore the "other uses" section (did I see something about q-tips to scent your car?). Even if I wanted my skin to smell different, I think I would still be happy to have some Swank wafting around in the air.

There's "happy" (several of BPAL's offering do this) then there's "happy because I have an icy-cold martini somewhere with my name on it". That's Swank, to me.

If you love Swank, you might be someone who (in absence of a real pomegranate martini) loves white zinfindel over ice and doesn't give a damn who knows it.

Oh wow! This one is amazing! Swank, where have you been! I put this one right before bed and still smelled it in the morning. Staying power and it smells divine. I need a great big bottle of this one

Waaaaaah, Swank really hurt my feelings :P

In the bottle: ...okay, mostly juniper, but I'm smelling the pomegranate in the background.

Wet: Yay, there's the pomegranate...for about two seconds. NO! POMEGRANATE! COME BACK!

Drydown: All juniper. It smelled like truck-stop hand soap on me. I could only stand it for about two hours and then off it went.

I was really looking forward to this one..... :D Ah well, off to a better home it goes.

In the imp: Juicy, fruity pomegranites. Yay!

Wet on skin: Fruity with a light boozy-ness to it. Really lovely.

Dry: Same as above.

Moderate throw.

I :P this scent. It's bright, cool and summery.

I love this scent!

I started off smelling like Juicy Fruit or Starbursts, so I wasn't too sure about it. I was hoping for a little bit of juniper since my other favorite so far has been Scarecrow.

My husband really didn't care for his first sniff, he said it was decidedly Juicy Fruit gum.

As it dried, I started getting a very nice spicy undertone to the strong fruit. In the car on the way to a party, my husband actually said I smelled nice (hooray! a first!).

Coincidentally, I brought a pomegranate vodka to the party, so I spent a good portion of the night doing a side-by-side comparison of my shot glass and my wrist. Both were amazing.

I am definitely ordering more of this one!

I love this! It's so cool and refreshing- this is going to be a favorite scent for me next summer. I don't smell any vodka or martiti-ness, just crisp, cool, deliciousness...

Yum!

As its description, short and sweet, so shall be my review:

On me, Hawaiian Punch with shot of 7-Up, fizzy and effervescent.

C&P from my LJ, dated 2 Sep 2006

This is so far my favourite of the boozy scents I have tried, counting Bon Vivant and Grand Guignol and Swank all in one scent category. It smells very lovely, like pomegranate and booze.

However, it throws like nobody's business. That is its one problem. I get a little embarrassed smelling up the lab with pomegranate martinis.

But I rather like it.

In the bottle: Pomegranate vodka is what I get. Perhaps more emphasis on the pomegranate. It doesn't really matter, though, because whatever I'm smelling it's amazing.

Wet on skin: Mmmm. A little bit sweeter, but at the same time not (if that makes any sense). It's a little bit more boozy now. Very crisp as well.

Dry on skin: This hasn't changed much during drydown. It still smells wonderful. It smells like something I would love to drink right about now.

Verdict: Love at first sniff! A friend of mine originally ordered this, but I tried it anyway. This is one of my top five scents now.

Whoa, Swank is strong! Wet, I get a very bright, sweet, and citrusy pomegranate with some vodka. This stuff is just wafting off so much that it makes my eyes water if I put my face too close to my hands. I can see the sweet tart comparison and as it dries it gets a chalky sort of feel to it, like orange and berry flavored Tums.

In the bottle: I have no idea what pomegranate martinis smell like, as I have never had one. But it's fresh and crisp and fruity and fun. I can't tell which flavor of fruity it is, it's just fruity in a really clean, juicy way. For some reason it makes me think of an appletini, but I think that's more the attitude than the scent.

Wet: Fresh and fruity. And it just makes me happy.

Dried: I think this is one of those scents that is just perfect for my skin. It doesn't seem to change much on me -- it mellows a little, but it has staying power. Maybe someday I'll be able to figure out what the actual notes are, but I feel Swank more than smell it. It's perfectly named -- all fancy clubs and expensive drinks. It makes me think of the Roaring Twenties -- I can really see a flapper wearing this. I suspect this will become my signature scent.

Edited by kellinator

This will be quick, because Swank is very true to the lab description on me. I get a strong pomegranate martini throughout all the stages. It's delicious and crisp, and very heavy on the alcohol scent. I really like it, so I wear it frequently despite the fact that those around me probably think I'm indulging in 3-martini breakfasts.

Swank

In the imp: tart, crisp citrus and pomegranate. I'm reminded of a citrus soap with Pomegranate SN, and something lightly boozy. Refreshing!

Wet on skin: fruity and sharp, but almost candy like.

Dry on skin: this is quite nice…it's a sharp, fruity scent which smells like pomegranate with a few other sharp fruits, some berries and citrus. There is a slight 'candle' scent to it which is not bad but it's not as natural as most fruit/pom scents I've tried from the lab. It also reminds me of those sour fruit sweets-I can smell sugar, but also a sourness, it's very tart. So intense that it makes my throat tickle! The martini note behind the fruit is subtle but just adds to the overall refreshing scent, a clear, sharp booziness.

After a while: no longer the fresh fruit cocktail it was before, this really smells like a generic fruit candle on me with some sour candies thrown in for good measure. Not a true pomegranate on my skin at all, this, unfortunately, smells artificial on me. Like one of those fruit/berry-citrus candles, with a very, very sour note-not merely 'crisp' as the description says, but downright acidic.

Verdict: 'candy-candle' is probably the best short description I can think of for this. It smells like those fruit candles, and also fruit sweets. Not a nice, fresh, genuine fruit scent, it doesn't even smell like pomegranate on me. Just a mix of artificial fruit flavourings. There's an acidity to this scent which is so intense, even more so than the citrus scents. It's not as 'ugh' as vinegary sourness but it's a tang that makes my nose and tongue tingle. You know that sugar-like stuff they sprinkle on sour sweets, except it's not sugar because it tastes very sour? That's what it reminds me of. It's a fake-smelling generic sour fruit candy-candle scent. It started off ok but the drydown isn't very nice on me at all so off to the swaps it will go.

Emoticon rating: :P

If you like this, try: Twenty One, Persephone, Jester

Edited by yeahbutnobut

MMMM........ swank.

Such happy pomegranate goodness.

Though, it has a note in there that makes me compare it to the scent of Setsuna that they carry at the Body shop.

Which makes it still just as yummy.

I loved the clean, fruity scent of this at first -- very fresh and astringent with a sweet kick -- but the juniper scent of Beth's gin note doesn't really work on me, so like with The Hamptons it overwhelmed everything after a while and smelled too medicinal. Too bad, because the first ten minutes were really nice and original.

Ugh... this smells like horrible plug-in air fresheners. Ick. It's got that cheap, plasticky, gel scent that those plug-ins have when they run out of whatever scent they're supposed to smell like. Not good at all....

To start off, let me say that I'm ignorant - very ignorant - because I don't know what pomegranates smell like. With that being said...

In the imp: Those red starbursts melted into cleaning fluid. Do I really want to wear this?

Wet on skin: Ooooh, much better! Fruity! Almost like Hawaiian punch, but not. I like!

Dry on skin: Still STRONG fruit scent, with a twist of lemon.

Overall: 8/10. Never did really smell the alcohol portion of the martini. I guess the bartender thought that my ID was a fake and made a virgin pomegranate martini. It's almost like a fruit punch or a fruit punch-like candy, but not quite. Will be great in the spring or on one of those dark dank winter days where I want a hint of a promise that spring and summer will be back soon. Mmm, deep wet red fruit.

Swank-

In Bottle: Oh, wow, that really smells like pomegranate! It's almost the bitter orange smell of Tweedledee, but just a bit softer.

Wet: Sharp-fruity, orange-pomegranate, and something...I dunno, candle-like.

Dry: Wow. This is so good! The candle-like thing I was noting is, I think, the boozy note. It's very subtle! This is almost floral in its fruitiness, if that makes any sense, and I really like it!

Overall: I really like!

Smells a lot like satsumas to me, and I do get the sort of clear-booziness. Very strong, very bright. Generally not my type of scent, but I'll keep it and see how I feel about it in a week or so.