Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Simply cool, the essence of Lounge: the scent of a crisp pomegranate martini.

Sharp, sweet, and a bit bitter on me, Swank is a lovely pomegranate. I'll be swapping it since I prefer Persephone.

I love pomegranate, and until now, I haven't found a pomegranate blend that works on me.

I was wary of Swank because of the booze note, but its really not dominant. I get a nice juicy pomegranate note with an almost fizzy coolness to it, and its not too sweet. Perfect. Throw is medium, wearlength is longer than I would have expected.

Source: lab frimp.

In the imp: grapefruit fizz.

Wet: (consults scent description) oh, I guess that's pomegranate. Man, that smells like grapefruit. And grape.

Drydown: pomegranate and juniper berries (yes, that would be the gin).

Very light and summery. So-so throw.

Edited by Czarina

This one was a frimp. I wouldn't have ordered this. It smelled super sweet in the bottle and not a thing like pom. I love to eat the fruit, but this smelled nothing like what I've eaten. On me, it was cloyingly sweet. I gave it to a friend and it smells completely different on her. It just didn't work with my chemistry.

BRIGHT! YUMMY! GLOOPY!

Fizzy pomegranate and berries.

The booziness fades within moments to leave a fun, childish summer candy smell.

I CAN FEEL BUBBLES IN MY NOOOOSE!

Thanks to my klutziness, I spilled half an imp of Swank on myself today. -__-

HOWEVER this ended well. I found out that I rather liked the scent and didn't mind smelling like a pomegranate martini all day! :D

Out of the imp: Very astringent smell - I get almost no pomegranate at this point.

Wet: Mm, the fruits come out really strong, and the alcohol keeps the scent light.

Dry: Yum! It gets sweeter upon drydown.

Overall, it was a wonderful scent to wear while sweating it out in NorCal (it was so hot today. wthell, fall?) & I'd verrry much like to get a 5 ml of this! I'm not gonna rush it though - I'm in the mood for fall/winter scents and I'll somehow get a bottle of this before summer. :P

Swank was a frimp from the lab; I don't think I would have ever ordered it because I dislike pomegranate. That said, it smells really good! In the imp, it's sugar and bright red fruit, with a definite fizzy booze thing going on.

With my chemistry, Swank smells a lot like it was in the imp, but some of the alcohol burns off to morph into something that is even more sugary and sweet. The pomegranate does seem to amp a bit, but it's not the pomegranate that I usually hate. Throw is about medium. I like! Not something I'd wear regularly, but a keeper.

Overall, this is a very bright, sweet blend, so if you like sugar and bright red fruit that has a semi-citrus bent, then this is your girl. A great summer blend.

I love this one. Fun, fruity, kinda boozy -- kinda like a friend of mine.... :P

Anyway, it's lighter than I expected and almost fizzy. It's not overly sweet, nor does it smell like you've had a bar accident. It's just a light, fun, flirty, fizzy scent. I love it.

Frimp from the lab, which sent me several fruity type things this time around.

I liiiike this one. I wouldn't say it smelled like a martini so much as a pomegranate *soda* -- I don't really get any booze in this scent (which is good, because booze and I generally don't get along), but it has the dry sweetness of a good pop that hasn't been overwhelmed with sugar. I almost even smell lime in this.

I'm not suuure I want a bottle, but it's going on the tentative list.

In the imp - Overpowering, but not in a bad way. I didn't really smell the pomegranate, it smells like some kind of alcohol.

Wet - A lot less strong, I can kind of smell pomegranate, still very alcoholy.

Dry - Way better, it smells like the description now. I really love this one, I'm glad it mellowed out.

*First review ever, yay!*

Afterthought - ....I can also smell some other fruit, something lemony.

Edited by Sweetie666

Swank

This is fantastic. Cool. Sparkly. Brilliant. :P

My imp will be upgraded to a bottle with my next order.

You know, this review just doesn't say enough. Swank is my new pick-me-up scent. It's my Grrrl-powah scent. It's my favorite. WOW.

Edited by MelanieSuzanne

This is my first review!!! I dilute everything due to sensitive skin/fragrance sensitivities/allergies.

First Sniff: YUMMY! I smelled this one in my box of imps and searched through until I found what the yummy smell was. Pomegranate is one of my faves!

Wet on skin: I diluted with one drop of jojoba oil.....STILL Yummy! Not candy-ish, but sweet.

Dry Down: I have to use light scents mostly, so it didn't last, but the pomegranate stuck around for awhile so I'll just have to reapply, right? I'm considering making up a rollerball to keep with me of Swank mixed with jojoba.

Swank goes on berry-sweet, so sweet that I'm a little worried... it smells like I'm applying Jolly Ranchers to my wrists!

Once on, a tart, lemony note emerges. Now the fruit smell is more like real fruit or fruit juice.

Rather suddenly, around the 1.5 hour mark, the scent suddenly goes dusty and tart--but now with no fruit. I'm getting a bit of the sour/musty scent that I tend to get from scents with a sugary note.

It continues to sour, but not too badly, and gets really faint after about 3½ hours.

This dries down to a faint, clean-fruity scent, like a fruit body wash. It's barely there but what there is of it is pretty nice.

Overall, I'd say Swank behaves as advertised. Very strongly fruity, a little touch of that tart cocktail "fizz", and dries down to a faint, fruity aftereffect.

Personally, probably not one I'll wear all the time--it doesn't feel like "me" in the way that berry body sprays don't feel like me--but if you're someone who loves berry scents (pomegranate comes across like red berries), this would be the way to go!

Initial impression:

A very crisp and almost salty scent with bitter fruit.

First on:

This goes citrus on me. o_O

Dry:

After about 15 mins, it's a sparkly pomegranate scent – lovely!

It remains a fantastically pleasant pomegranate scent, with a ”bubbly” and champagne-like touch to it (not so much martini).

Finally:

I'm holding this as swap only. :P I really liked it.

Mmmm, just as described: Tart pomegranate and the sharp smell of clear alcohol. A bit sweet, a bit tart, and with that cold booze scent underneath. Nice.

I am usually not overwhelmingly fond of 'foody' smells. My Beloved is already sufficiently convinced that a gentle gnaw is a sign of affection: I don't feel any strong need to egg him on.

However.

Swank defies that rule for me: it is citrusy, crisp, and effervescent, with a pleasant herbal undertone. I'd argue that it smells like a martini - to me, the term 'martini' applied to any cocktail served in a cone-shaped, stemmed glass is vexing, to say the least - but it does smell sublimely cocktail-y, in a very pleasant way. Whatever the cocktail is, it's got pomegranate juice, a nice, herbaceous gin, either club soda or tonic water, and maybe the slightest splash of lime. Yum. I think I'll go mix a round of Swank cocktails now!

Not only does this smell incredibly drinkable, it's amazingly wearable - a clean, crisp, sophisticated scent that lasts for hours and is, to me, seasonless - the drink might be summery, but the pomegranate smell is something I associate so strongly with winter that I'll wear it year round.

This smells exactly like it says on the tin, and remains the same on the skin. Not very strong but lasted for hours on me, and my boyfriend loved it. I couldn't help sniffing my wrist all day, I'll definitely be getting a bottle of this in my next order!

ETA: I recently wore this on a night out with the boy, and when I saw pomegranate martinis on the cocktail menu, I had to have one! The drink and my wrist smelled practically the same and now all I want to do is mix some up myself, slather myself in Swank and have a girly night in. Yum!

Edited by zee

Imp: Bitter, bubbly pomegranate and a splash of something herbal, probably juniper, and booze. FIZZ.

Wet: A strong juniper, but then, this Imp has aged a lot so I guess it makes sense. Almost sort of soapy. Then some pomegranate, and something bitter.

Dry: Sweet, fruity powder with a touch of something herbal. Not, I think, for me.

My previous encounters with pomegranate have been awful and I would never have ordered Swank. However, I try everything the lab sends me, so when Swank arrived as a frimp, I dabbed it on. And was VERY pleasantly surprised. Perhaps it's the martini that tips the scale for me, but this smells absolutely wonderful! Wearing it made me want to put on something elegant and sit at an out of dorrs bar and sip something cool. A bit hard when it's freezing february outside, but when summer comes, I'm sure I will use this imp. And perhaps buy a bottle...

Wet: Simple, sweet alcohol.

First on: Mostly the same, but a little flowery?

Dry: Unchanged on drydown. Pretty nice, and not like I just walked out of a bar.

wet: wheee!! it reminds me of a fruit roll-up! sweet, & sticky.

on me: stays about the same, smells very fruity, i definitely get a "red" scent it stays on me for a few hours, & then fades away, but i was driving in the car about 1/2 hour after i applied it & i kept getting wafts of it, so the throw is pretty decent at least.

not so much a me scent, but i did like it. it reminds me of a wine bar downtown where i live - they make cosmos there that smell like this, which means the scent has lived up to his name = )

This I actually got for my sister, but tried a bit out to see if would be something that I would like.

In the imp: pomegranate.

On me: turned into a sort of air freshener smell. Maybe it was the booze. Who knows.

Overall: Not for me, but glad that I was able to try it.

In the imp: It smells like a very strong vodka martini with just a hint of pomegranate.

On, wet: It's striking me as maybe a little more traditionally "perfume-y" than I was expecting. It's almost too warm for a scent that's supposed to be crisp.

On, dry: Okay, it's a little heavier on the pomegranate now, but I'm still getting a load of clear alcohol and a traditional perfume aroma. It's nice, but not really what I was expecting or hoping for.