Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blood*rose*flowers

Strawberry Moon 2005

Strawberry Moon is a blending of strawberries and cream with light, dry lotus and soft ylang ylang and a touch of green tea and sage to bring it closer to Earth.

Why, oh why, is this scent LE?

In the bottle: Thick, plump, ripe, juicy strawberries. I'm a sucker for anything strawberry--I love all summer berries, but strawberry has to be my favourite scent. It's utterly divine, not fake or medicinal at all to my nose, just genuine berrylicious goodness.

Wet: Softer on than in the bottle, which is good, because I think that the scent would be a little too overpowering if it was as potent as it is in the bottle! It smells like I've squeezed strawberry juice over my wrists. I want to lick them. There's also a green note that mellows out the fresh strawberry scent. I cannot express how gorgeous this is for me.

Dry: Soft, delicate strawberries, with a hint of that green tea just to sharpen them. Lush and red and decadent. Delicious!

This is my ultimate summer scent. I'm not a big fan of florals (so I'm glad the floral notes didn't come out on me), and I tend to prefer heavier scents that are more suitable for winter, so finding something so delightful and suitable for summer is a huge plus. I'll be on the look out for this at every opportunity.

[Edited to add description] Edited by Shollin

Strawberry Moon - LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!! Strawberry Moon is exactly what I was hoping it would be. It's the scent of the summer's brightest red and sweetest strawberry (I don't get the cream note that's in the official description) that is light and playful and just ooooozes summertime. The lotus, ylang ylang and green tea are really terrific notes to blend with the strawberry, as they round it out, ground it, and keep it from becoming cloyingly sweet. This was such a lovely fragrance that I immediately went on eBay and found myself a full 5 ml bottle of it and I doubt I will ever regret that purchase. I also have to say that it's gorgeous when blended with both Bon Vivant and a touch of Bliss. Yum!

In the bottle: I can really smell the strawberries, and there's something green there, too. Very nice.

Wet: Something does NOT like my skin here. I have no idea what it is, but I might have to pass.

Five minutes later: Ah, all better. Strawberries!

Dry: Strawberries, with a hint of cream, and the green is back, and lovely.

I will have to track me down a bottle of this!

Edited by Melantha

In the bottle: STWAWBEWWIES! And...floral...? .....what the...Oh. Maybe it's the green tea. But...but...I want jam. :P THIS PERFUME ENCOURAGES JAM WANTING.

Wet: ...No it doesn't. Ylang Ylang HATES me. It now encourages soap and water. And a lot of it.

Dry: ........yeah. Soap and water. Now.

Good thing this worked for my sister.

The hunt for my perfect strawberry fragrance has ended.

I have tried SO MANY strawberry scents from etailers and they all smell artificial; not at all like it has anything close to real strawberries in it.

Oh, but this? A perfect strawberries and cream. Realistic and true.

The other notes in it must add something to it because I swear it's magical.. I know, a strawberries and cream that is magical? Well, I don't know, but it does something to me; it makes me smile.

I had high hopes for this one, but on my skin, it turned into strawberry bubblegum. Or maybe jam. I couldn't really smell any cream or herbal notes. I'm glad to have gotten a chance to sniff this one, but I'll be passing it along to someone who can appreciate it more.

straight sniff from bottle is a freshly brewed strawberry daiquiri!!!

yup!! booooozy strawbs to be precise!!

once applied the alchohol fades and turns into a tooth-ache inducing dessert of sugar encrusted strawberries smothered in cream...this is strong...too much of that sugary note in this and it does not play nicely with my chemistry; turns into something that gives me a terrible headache....almost a plastic/fake strawberry :P

off to a better home she goes...

Huh. Lotus? I didn't smell it at all, and it's a scent that usually jumps out at me in all it's bubblegummy sweetness. :P I didn't notice the ylang ylang either, or the green tea. I did smell a bit of sage, or "green part of strawberry plant", as my nose interpreted it. ^^ I did get strawberries and cream, though, and lots of - on my skin, it's pretty much all sweet strawberry. My skin does love fruity notes. :D Gorgeous, but I like my scents to have a bit more noticeable complexity - I'm sure the other notes are there, but I can't tell when I sniff my wrist!

In the bottle: sage, and something sweet. Very herbal.

Wet: A sweet strawberry smell develops over the sage.

Drydown: Creamy strawberries with ylang-ylang and sage hovering around them. This isn't foody at all, it's rather perfumy on me. I think I get a bit of the bubblegum lotus, you'd actually mistake it as part of the strawberry scent if you didn't pay attention. After a while I mostly get ylang-ylang over creamy strawberry.

Overall: It's a pretty, perfumy strawberry blend that works out pretty well. It has a bit of a sticky scent, and it does smell slightly fake and a bit too aquatic for me. Not something that I'd wear, but a lovely, pretty idea for a blend.

I doubted that I would like this as most strawberry scents are so sweet and fakey. Leave it to BPAL to do things right! And I guess I'm lucky in that it works well with my chemistry :D

In the bottle I smell sweet strawberry and a green, herbal note. It stays like this on my skin for some time, and almost fades a bit. Later, it morphs into a sweeter, more traditional sugared strawberry with a more powerful aroma. :D

I :P it!

My oh my...if you like strawberry smells, THIS IS FOR YOU. First smell, strawberries and cream....and that's how it stayed for me the entire time. Pure heaven. Soft and delicious. There is nothing obnoxious or heavy about this scent. I can't imagine anyone not liking it...unless you don't like strawberries of course :P

Stawberry Moon...quite an unlikely choice for me for a fragrance because any time I come upon a scent that is supposed to be super fruity and sweet I do the following: :D

That being said...my exception is with the lunar oils...simply because I am a Crab and we being lunar babies I am compelled to try anything associated with the moon.

Departing from my normal reviewing structure, I will be commenting on the drydown first because this is what I know RIGHT NOW..and I will work backwards.

Here we go:

Drydown:Smells creamy and sweet..very much like Chaste Moon actually...and I do find it very nice. Strawberry has exited the building.

Drying on skin:More of the creamy sweetness...with faint whiffs of strawberry..very subtle..but not invisible.

Couple of minutes on skin: Notes are settling down now...with the lunar oils warming up a bit..along with the super fruity strawberry...the cream's there..weaving a bit..and at the very tail end...some sort of green/herbal note..really faint..but there...kind of giving this roundness..so I don't feel like I am inhaling a Strawberry Shortcake doll.

Applied wet on skin: Holy cow this is sweet! :D Super sweet strawberry...and umm...strawberry...and ummm...I think cream....with a minty note which I identify as the "tradional lunar oils" that peeks through...anybody who loves sweet will go ga-ga over this. Usually..this has me running for the hills.

Sniffed from bottle:Eyes watering..this is a blazing drunk strawberry...running around the party planting big sloppy wet kisses. This is SWEET and underneath it all I sort of get a touch of cream but from the bottle the loud strawberry has got everybody's attention.

:P

Bottom line:Strawberry Moon..although something I would usually never wear...actually wasn't bad at all. A fruity fragrance that warmed up to be very creamy and soft. It's a bit girlie and young for my tastes..but I think it is a perfect choice for when you feel innocent..it's actually has amazing staying power and decent throw.

I am glad I have a bottle..at first I thought I would never wear this even with me usually being besotted with Beth's lunar blends but now I think there is room for rotation of this one. A great choice for spring-hands down.

Strawberry Moon is a happy sweet delicious blend of candy strawberries and cream with just a hint of something boozy, and that's how it stays on me from application through drydown. I was completely surprised at how much I ended up loving this scent because it doesn't sound like something I'd go crazy over, but I've since learned that strawberries and cream are a magical combination. :D

I could slather this on every day... if I had more than a single decant imp of the stuff. :P

I don't know, this doesn't strike me as the smell of strawberries. It's fake strawberries, if anything, but not done in the cheesy little-girl-fragrance way. It's certainly nice, and very sweet, but not strawberries. Reminds me a little bit of Midwinter's Eve.

I only have an imp of this, but I'd love to get my hands on more. In the vial, it smells very syrupy, but on my skin it turns to strawberries with a dusting of sugar and something creamy. :P Love it.

In the imp this smells like sweet strawberries and a hint of something heady and alcoholic. Then there's a plasticky undertone that keeps trying to morph in...oddly enough though, it's pleasant...making it smell more like candy than strawberries. A little like Jailbait. But as it dries, it smells like strawberries and champagne, delicious and fruity. Sparking.

bottle: strawberries and cream creamsaver candy. yummy!

wet: FRESH wet SLICED strawberries. Amazing!!!

dry: Fresh uncut strawberries with the green part still on them. Later, it becomes more and more sage-y. Sage sage sage with a little strawberry sweetness.

A co-worker just tried to bite me. I guess it is a winner! :P

Verdict: KEEPER!

Strawberries & Cream then......PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHLASTIC!

Super. <.< Already sold.

Three guesses what this smells like, first two don't count. It's definitely strawberry, and actually not as artificial smelling as I would have thought, although there is definitely a touch of that there. Definitely a pink scent, and has a girly quality about it that's actually kind of refreshing.

In the bottle: strawberry-flavoured candies and cream

On my skin: more and more strawberries but not the real fruit, it really makes me think of Fruitella or some strawberry chewing-gums. Very, very sweet as well.

After a couple of hours: it gets more and more chemical, nearly plastic. No sage or anything else than artificial strawberries for me :/

Verdict: as much as I love eating strawberries, most of the time, I don't like strawberries in perfumes or bath products (I didn't like the Body Shop strawberry spray either)… it always feels artificial.

I'm a little late in the game with this one. *sad* But I got an imps worth today.

In the bottle I wasn't impressed. It smelled like strawberrys and cleaning fluid. NOT a pretty mix.

Wet it still had the undertone of chemicals, but I could also smell the berrys and something else like they got the whole plant in there, not just the fruit. Lovely fruity and green.

Dry it's become a light strawberry with other faint cream.

I LOVE this scent. However since it's been so long since the LE came out I dispare ever getting more than a sniffy of this.

Later: Hubby sniffed me when he got home and asked why I had strawberry AstroGlide on my hands. *blush* Now it's the only think I can smell. ARGH!

Edited by Tempest Teapot

I saw a note here on the forums that someone’s bottle of Strawberry Moon wasn’t aging well. I thought to myself, well I better go test my bottle and see if I need to make lotion or body wash with it. I’m glad to say that on me, it’s is still going strong, and it seems that it’s gotten even juicier than when I first got it.

Resniffing the bottle, hmmm, maybe I do detect a touch of change from when I first got it. It does smell a bit like acetone as opposed to when I first got it, which, if memory serves, was a lot more like fresh strawberries. Maybe the sage is doing that. In the bottle is not a great smell.

But on the skin, wet, this is all juicy strawberries, red, plump, bursting. It’s pretty sweet but still strawberries. Maybe it’s not as fresh berry as it was when it was fresh from the lab, it’s hard for me to say for sure. I do remember more sage than I’m getting now.

As it wears, the fresh strawberry scent remains and I smell delicious and edible.

It lasted a good while on me. My skin usually eats BPAL for lunch but by mid-day I could smell it, a virtual record. As it wore, the sweet, juicy strawberry scent remained true.

Lovely. Now do I take my chances….?

For me, the first sniff is strawberries and herbal greenery, and it reminds me, ever so slightly, of those old Strawberry Shortcake dolls - but not in a bad way by any means! I just mean it has a slightly synthetic and yet really pleasant tone to it.

The scent stays true on me for up to around 45 minutes, and then it says bye-bye :D Well worth it, though. I :P my bottle and I'm grateful I have it.

In the bottle:Juicy strawberries "fragrance",far from real strawberries.

Wet:Same as above but with a hint of florals.

Dry:Oh no!This turns all florals on me but with a hint of fake strawberry syrup.

I wanted to love this so much!I hate how my skin amps up any floral notes!

Girlie, sweet, like a strawberry shortcake lipsmacker. Every now and again I crave something like this. I think it would be fabulous on a hot summer day having a cold glass of lemonade.