Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blood*rose*flowers

Strawberry Moon 2005

Strawberry Moon is a blending of strawberries and cream with light, dry lotus and soft ylang ylang and a touch of green tea and sage to bring it closer to Earth.

Oh fabulious!

Both wet and on my skin all day, I get the freshest scent of crushed strawberries! The REAL kind, sun ripened and warm. I think one of the other notes really gives it a fresh juicy scent all day.

I drooled so much while wearing this one. My boyfriend kept trying to lick me. (strawberry freak...) I kept refraining from licking myself. :P

It's SO perfect and summery, wet, cool, great for hot weather.

Reading the early reviews, I was convinced that I had made a huge mistake in not ordering Strawberry Moon, so I swapped for a bottle the first chance I had.

Alas, this blend does nothing interesting on me. The sole obvious note with my skin is the bublegum strawberry note, which is just a bit to sweet and sharp for my taste. I'm really sad about this one, because I was really hoping for an herbally strawberries and cream, but alas. At least I know the bottle will have a good home elsewhere...

In the Bottle: Ahh..yes. Strawberry! very sharp & sweet strawberry..there is no denying! :P

On the skin: very strawberrylicious..i detect some soft herbs in here w/ a twist of lemon..how strange.

Afterhours: this is a nice soft creamy strawberry now..its very nice but really not my bag, i guess. I never was a big fan of strawberries so off to the "pile of rejected misfit oils" pile it goes. :D

In bottle: Bright and strong strawberries; I'm not much getting a sense of cream. I can definitely smell the lotus and the green tea. For some reason something about this blend seems a tad alcoholic, and it also seems a bit like nail polish remover.

On me: On the skin the sage and green tea definitely grow stronger. I can't even smell the strawberries, really - my skin does tend to eat that up immediately tho'. Overall, the scent is weakly herbal; like a very weak strawberry tea. Not for me.

Out of the bottle it smells very very strong....almost like nail polish remover mixed with strawberries. This to me is a good thing....I think it's going to last a long time on my skin.

On my skin, wet it smells very strong of strawberries and light flowers..not dead flowers, but a nice brush of springtime. it's sweet, but not too sweet, almost a bit spicy.

As it dries, the true nature of Strawberry Moon comes out! It's stillv ery strong, lasts a long time on my skin and smells not *too* much of strawberries, but a nice blend of beriries, herbs and fresh flowers.

This is very different from anything else I've ever tried. I really like it a lot.

I'm going to wear this for a while more to get a true opinion on it though.

Soft, creamy and lovely. Almost like a strawberry chapstick. It's less juicy and vibrant than Bon Vivant which is to be expected but still just very pretty and not the least bit overwhelming to me.

In the bottle, this Moon is overwhelming sweet and chemically, just as most people have described.

Once it's on, though.. there's a sickeningly sweet candy strawberry that is completely different from what you think is in the bottle. It only takes a few minutes to calm down, where it becomes an incredibly luscious and ripe fruit scent - with just a touch of sugar to sweeten it up.

Over all, it's very strong, lasts.. and is the first BPAL I've ever been complimented on by someone other than my spouse and kids :P Not something I'll be wearing often, but definitely something I wouldn't hesitate to dab on if the mood suited me.

This is similar to Pink Moon, at least to my nose, since I'm not so great at picking apart different florals. They basically fall into four categories for me: light, sweet, lush, OMG wash it off NOW. This one has that sweet floral component and it's very nice. It has the same girly vibe that Pink Moon had.

Wet it's a little more green than I was expecting, like Beth got some of the leaves as well as the strawberries in there. This fades slightly but enough sticks around to give this a little kick and to save it from becoming saccharine. Because this IS sweet, all juicy, smear-your-chin-with-pulpy-goodness strawberries and that floral note. The green (I assume the sage) really adds something just a touch wild.

This is nicest when it wafts, and I just catch the edge of it. Sticking my nose too close to sniff means I pick up a little too much of the floral for my pleasure.

I'm fainting, I'm fainting, this is so absolutely gorgeous..

When I first opened it, I was shocked. It was this gross spicey, not-ripe strawberry smell and I was sort of disappointed. Ten minutes later, dried, this happened:

Me: WHOA NOW IT IS SO CREAMY STRAWBERRY

Me: i was like wtf is that smell, its delish

Me: god i love bpal.

Beth: ahahahah "OH IT IS ME!"

Me: its like.. what strawberry ice cream looks like, soft pink

It's so heavenly, I could devour my wrists. I love this so far, love love love.

BOTTLE SNIFF: Very ripe, juicy strawberries. Something vaguely bitter in the background, if I inhale deeply.

WET ON SKIN: Juicy strawberries still very prominant. That darker, bitter, almost woodsy smell is stronger.

DRYDOWN: I am terrible at picking out individual notes unless they are REALLY obvious. Anyway, I think that sage is coming out more. Maybe the lotus? WHatever it is, the Smuckers-sweetness of the strawberries is dampened by this new smell. In a good way.

FINAL THOUGHTS: Well balanced. Fruity, but also tart and earthy. Someone else here mentioned a 'nail polish remover' odor from the bottle. Unfortunately I am getting that too, but on my skin... faint, but enough to keep me from really loving this.

As I wore this all day, I noticed that while I couldn't distinctly smell the oil, I kept getting a pleasant sensation of actually tasting strawberries (like I was sucking on a strawberry candy). The oil really affected my sense of taste/smell!

DAYS LATER, FOLLOW-UP: After trying this again, I don't think I can take the nailpolish remover element after all, though I like the rest of it very much. I'm getting the same effect with strawberry-based Maenad...oh well. I like strawberries, so that's too bad. I think we need a strawberry-rhubbarb pie scent :P

I will have to be counted among those who find Strawberry Moon a candy scent rather than a fresh berry. Which makes me sad, I was hoping to get more of a real strawberry fresh from the bush smell.

In the bottle: booze, hint of cream, more of a fresh real strawberry smell than the candy I got out of the bottle.

Dry-Down: Strawberry candy smell, that sweet, powdery hard candy scent, with a little sweet cream.

After 15 minutes or so, no change from dry-down. I would wear this on a rare hot summer day I feel kidlike and playful.

Edited by AlaskaSnows

Wet and when first applied this is pure strawberry. It’s quite sweet at first and a little overpowering. After about an hour it becomes smokey like strawberry incense and is less sweet. It dries down to a faint close to the skin note. I will have to try this one again since I’m not sure if I can handle the sweetness in this one.

In the bottle this smells like real fresh strawberries. Tangy and with a bit of greenery thrown in. On me, it smells like strawberry candy :P

Strawberry Moon starts out smelling like Pink Moon's twin on me. Heavy pink candy. In the drydown it gets much lighter and creamier though. Musky strawberries and a creamy vanilla note. It's cavity inducing sweetness.

I like this a lot more than Pink Moon. It's not something that I'll wear often (as I don't really like fruit scents), but it's a lovely pink sugar type of scent.

First Impresson: Strawberry Jam.

Dries down to: Strawberries - pure, fresh strawberries, sprinkled with a touch of sugar.

Additional Comments: This is well blended. Nothing is readily apparent except for the strawberries, and they're ripe and sweet. So far, it's one of the nicer strawberry blends I've tried. A lot of them don't work on me.

Lasted: About 3 hours.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

I am very, very saddened to report that this did not work at all on me. :P I got a decanted imp in swap today, and I was so looking forward to it - but on me it immediately became the cloying scent of cheap artificially-flavored strawberry chewing gum, like from back in the 70's when I was a child. My skin apparently has something in it that hates ylang-ylang, because it smelled just DIVINE in the bottle... The fault lies with my chemistry, I'm sure, not with the blend.

So far, Milk and Honey Moons are the only lunars that have smelled good on me. I have high hopes for Harvest Moon 2005 (if I find some) and for Blood Moon, which I just ordered -- hopefully they will agree with me! If not, I'll stick with my "old" favorites, lol.

Strawberry cheesecake and all things pink. This is gorgeous, It reminds me of Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo but not because of the scent but because of the feeling it gives me! It is a really happy and uplifting scent ( I wish I had bought more bottles of this!)

So, call me weird, *but* I don't find this as massively strawberry like as everyone else.

What I was expecting was really heavy strawberries from this. And also to hate it, because, well, I've not really loved any of the other BPAL strawberry scents and none of the lunar oils I've tried have actually worked for me. (Not many, about 6 or so).

This is sweet in the bottle, but not as sweet and I thought it would be. I wore it and liked it, but haven't really been wearing much at all - now I'm at work however, I've worn it a few times. I think I get strawberries, but not what I'd call strawberries... after reading the description again, I've realised what is going on with this.

I'm getting the sage note I also get from Bewitched. Which I *adore*. I nearly applied Bewitched this morning actually, but went for Strawberry moon. So, the sage, it seems to be making the other scents in this just perfect.

I really love the way I smell today - even if its not of ripe strawberries on the bush :P

I wasn't sure about the herbs, but I do love strawberries and decided to give this a try.

Origin: Decant bought off LJ.

In the Bottle: Mmm! A Strawberry smoothie with a bite! Either the tea or sage isd giving it a sharp green sting.

Wet: One of the herbs overwhelms it, sharp and astringent. I can barely smell the strawberry.

Drydown: The herbs calm down a bit, but I still have to work very hard to find the berry.

Verdict: The strawberries stay too faint on me. This is all herbal and not something I'd choose to wear. Off to the swap pile!

After all the talk of *fresh* berries, I just had to try this. Sadly, I got strawberry shortcake dolls. I was reading in other descriptions about the SS doll phenomenon and didn't think it sounded too bad (I do like how those smell), but... on MY skin... eew. Plastic fruity doll smell not for me. Where is the strawberry and cream I crave? *sigh* Swaps.

i wish i were one of those lucky folk who get real strawberries with this, but all i get is strawberry Jolly Rancher.

at least i have Fruit Moon to console my loss!

n.

In the imp: Pure strawberries and cream! I couldn't quite place what it reminded me of until I read some other reviews. Strawberry Shortcake dolls from when I was little. Very yummy.

Wet: Still alot of strawberries and cream, but there is a green note that lurks behind it. It makes the strawberries seem fresh and not artificial.

Drydown: The fragrance doesn't change much on me, really just fades away and much sooner than I wished. But a lovely fragrance just the same.

Final Note: This is what I wanted Bon Vivant to smell like which unfortunately didn't agree with me. Strawberry Moon is my new favorite and now I must seek out more.

Strawberry Moon is definitely the epitome of a warm summer strawberry. In the beginning, it almost smells a bit overripe, but the sweetness stays on while the rotting bits seemed to be cut off as I wore it longer.

I received an imp in a swap (thank you, kind person who knows who they are) and it's taken me this long to finally review it. I'm such a slacker.

In any case, I'm glad that I have an imp of Strawberry Moon whenever I have Strawberry Shortcake moments, but I don't think I could have used a whole bottle of this unless I used it as a room scent as well. It's a very fresh, summer scent, but I normally don't wear fruity or gourmand fragrances. This, however, is making me salivate for strawberries. I don't really get a heavy plastic or fake smell from this, especially in the very beginning of the application. After a while, the fragrance seems to fade into something that isn't quite the "fresh berry" smell, but it still smells good, even if it's lightly imitative rather than authentic.

Bon Vivant didn't really go with me, but Strawberry Moon seems more palatable. I'll enjoy my imp while it lasts, but I won't mourn too much when it goes.

-doreen

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Strawberry heartbreak! :P

In the imp: Strawberries and thick cream. Very sweet.

On skin, wet: Strawberries and green tea. The green tea reminds me of the tea in Bewitched. Actually, this whole blend reminds me of a crisper Bewitched. I can sense the ylang-ylang peeking out, but so far, it hasn't taken over as it usually does.

On skin, dry: Alas, strawberries and ylang-ylang. My skin amps up ylang-ylang the same way it amps up rose, so intensely that other notes struggle to be sniffed! How sad, for a scent that started out so nicely.

Conclusion: I had two bottles of this a few months back, but for some reason, I never posted a review. I had hoped my skin chemistry had changed, but alas, it hasn't. I would love this, if I could get the ylang-ylang to co-operate.

Edited by Aredhel