Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Milk Moon 2005

... Milk Moon is Flower Moon’s warmer, gentler cousin; it is a scent that emulates the closeness of child and mother. In it, cream and warm honey soften our traditional blend of lunar oils.

I finally got to try the famous Milk Moon. It is creamy and buttery and does not appear to have floral, wood, herb, or much else. I tested Obatala on the other wrist, and in comparison it seems to have a celery undertone. Yes, Milk Moon is a comfort scent, but I don't need to track down a bottle.

I’m not sure what to make of this one. In the vial it’s a sweet, milk scent; creamy and soft. On my skin this almost smells like milk, but milk with something... perhaps milk that has scalded. Perhaps it is the honey, or perhaps it is the cream, but it’s definitely a creamy scent that isn’t quite what I expect milk to be. It’s a rather strong scent that lingers, too. After a number of hours on my skin, this becomes a much milder version, but it still smells like milk and scalded milk. This is a toss up as to if I like this scent or not, because of the smell of almost burned milk... I’d probably not wear this on it’s own, but it would be interesting to see how it layers with other scents.

In the vial: Creamy, stale, buttery milk.

On me: Yep, still stale milk. This is really gross on my skin.

Verdict: Swapped it away!

Rating: 1/5

In the bottle: Smells like minty yoghurt to me......kinda strange first time I sniffed it.

Wet: The sour note becomes more minty making it all minty-milky-goodness. I'm really loving it so far......

Dry: Ow this is just sooo very nice :P A real comfort scent.....it's soft honeyed milk with a little vanilla way underneath it all......

Nice throw and it really lasts on my skin too! I can smell it the next morning after sleeping in it......and then I feel bad taking a shower and washing it all off :D

I'm so glad I was able to buy a bottle of this at a very nice price! ( I've seen bottles sold for ridiculous amounts of money :D )

This is a nice one. Simple, fresh and comforting.

In the bottle I smell... Milky coconut.

On my skin I smell... Milky coconut. Not heavy, not overly sweet, not cloying. Smells very fresh.

If you have Obatala, this is that scent, minus water, and a little stronger.

Oh Milk Moon, you are my new favorite Lunar oil. Yes, I still love Snow Moon, but you are gorgeous. Simply amazing.

In the vial it is a sweet, milk scent, that is pretty much all I could smell was the milk, a sweet milk.

On the skin, the same until it dries. Then the honey comes out mixed with a vanilla milk and a faintest hint of mint.

This is truly one of the most gorgeous scents I have ever smelled. Its warm and comforting and lovely. It has won my heart indeed.

This turned into sour milk/baby spitup on me. :P :D :D

I wanted to love it, but luckily it has already found a new home.

This one is quite lovely. The mention of Honey got me nervous as that note usually smells like sweat on me, but this doesn't have enough in it to turn "sweaty". I smell a combination of O (which I dont care for...that must be the honey part I smell), MB Underpants and something rosy. It's a creamy smell. I dont like it enough to try to find a bottle, but will definitely keep my imp

In the bottle - Toffee. 0.o

Wet on skin - Now it's softened into milk ...

Dry on skin - Subtle (does my skin ever not eat the fragrance?) sweet milk. Not sure about this ...

Later - It just keeps getting sweeter. Like hot milk with way too much sugar and I don't like hot milk at the best of times. This is definitely NOT me.

It smelled like coconut milk, but with a bit of a sour undertone. It didn't work on me. I'm very sad, I wanted to love it but couldn't!

This is actually my second bottle - the first one I mixed with Flower Moon, as I didn't like Milk Moon on it's own. Then I was given a second bottle recently, and aging has worked it's magic, it seems.

Sweet milk. Comforting like a fuzzy blanket. I'm getting an almost minty herbal undertone - that must be the lunar oils. Originally this went sour on my skin, but now it holds true. I love this!

Milk Moon

In the bottle: It smells like sour cream. I love to eat sour cream, but smell like it?

On me: Better, this reminds me of Obatala, but a bit softer. Creamy, but with a bite.

In the vial: Mmmm, smooth and yummy. The cream dominated to my nose.

Wet: The honey comes out some, warming up the scent even more.

Drydown: This dries into a lovely warm creamy musky scent.

Milk Moon-

In Bottle: Mint and butter! Very much like Snowblind, but lighter.

Wet: The butter recedes and now it's like mint and sugar.

Dry: The buttery note reemerges; it's not as pepperminty as Snowblind but it is soft and richly buttermint. And no mustiness on me! A pretty candy-like scent; have to watch that it doesn't border on cloying, but I love how it doesn't go musty and I think it'll be really versatile for me.

Overall: I really like.

In bottle, Milk Moon is condensed milk and creme brulee.

Wet on the skin, it becomes more condensed milk, less creme brulee. There's some almond and a touch of coconut in there too. It reminds me of Indian sweets that my grandmother and grand-aunt make.

Drying, it smells like slightly coconutty milk, but without the disgusting sourness that others have noted.

It's lovely. I really adore it. It's so comforting.

Milk Moon...compliments of me..I bought this in 2005 with Flower Moon..and now..now is the time to try it.

I am pretty sure I will like this..as it spells comfort scent to me. I know I loved Chaste Moon so if it is anything like that it will be an easy love.

Initial sniff from bottle:Very similar to Chaste Moon at this point..all softly minty and creamy-like..it's the lunar oils with warm sweet milk maybe??? Yes..it's very soft and comforting and I am glad that this will be the last thing I put on my skin before hit the hay tonight.

:P

Applied wet on skin: This is pretty much sweet warm milk/cream and the soft mint peeking through. Straightforward and very relaxing to me. I do not get sour milk or babyspit or anything offensive like that..my skin seems to like these types of notes so I am in heaven right now. It is a very intimate scent on me..meaning that even on the wet phase it stays close to the skin..hardly any throw.

Fifteen minutes later: Still the same notes..although now I get more of the lunar oils at the back end...

Am not sure if I am registering the honey note..but if that is what is lending the sweetness to this it does a wonderful job.

My wrist feels a bit tingly where I applied Milk Moon..it has to do with the "minty" note I get from this..

Half an hour later: Still the creamy milk and mint notes interweaving softly with the sweetness hovering...

Drydown: Faint sweetness.

Lasting power is about 2-3+hours..with throw soft.

Bottom Line:Milk Moon is indeed a very comforting and intimate scent..perfect for sleeping in or just when one wants to feel secure. I think it would be great for late winter to spring..or just anytime one wants to feel cozy.

milkmoon.jpg

This was a generous gift from Thursdae. :P

Imp: Sweet milk. Almost like the powdered dry stuff I've been using in my facials lately.

Wet: Warm liquid milky coziness. Its sweeter than cows milk, and yes, it really does make me think of breastmilk. There is a hint of distant mild florals very deep under this scent. And maybe hints of almond/coconut? But really....breastmilk.

Dry: This stays true the warm milky sweetness. Its a mother's hug.

Overall: I can't lie--the first time I tried this the overwhelming impression of "boob" made me a wee bit uncomfy. But I've worn it quite a few times since, and I really am amazed at how incredibly accurate and comforting it is. As far as I know no one makes essential oil de breast :D (I know many a lady who wouldn't enjoy that process), so Beth's ability to capture the essence so well is testament to her genious. I love this scent for a night at home, curled up reading a book. But I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing it in public. I am curious to layer it with things, since so many people here talk about that. And now that its grown on me, I'm hoping that Milk Moon 2007 captures the same feel.

Edited by jewelbug

I wanted to love this, but I don't think that I do! It comes out too buttery on me, overwhelming the milky sweet scent. Worse yet, my almost-three-year-old proclaims "Mommy smells yucky"! :P

I'll keep the imp and try it again (maybe even on her), but I don't think I need to track down a bottle. This is my first encounter with a Lunar oil.. I hope I'll find another that works better on me, because I can get just a whiff or hint of that blend in the back of Milk Moon and it smells lovely!

Honestly, I'm not sure what to make of this one. On balance, I think I kind of like it. It's gotten cautiously favourable reviews from most of my sniff-testers so I think I'll keep the imp...

IN IMP: Mm, lovely! Very sweet, not at all what I was expecting.

WET ON SKIN: Okay, now I'm getting that kind of stale milk smell that other people have written about. Yet, somehow it's still attractive-smelling -- I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

DRY, 10 MINUTES LATER: **snffsnff** h'mm, this is actually nice. If anyone's ever tasted Japanese milk-flavoured candy, that's what this smells like. I won't reach for it often, but I'll definately go through my imp.

In the imp - a bit sour and a bit sweet if that makes sense? On me tho....oh on me this is what I wanted Cocknaigne to be like. I don't even know if I can explain what this smells like. It's creamy and it seems like there's a hint of buttermint? Whatever it is, looks like I have a new hard to find scent...unless of course May's Milk Moon smells just as good!!

milk moon is creamy, honey greatness, and one of those scents that keep your wrist at your nose all day. you can't help but inhale, even if you look like a weirdo.

the throw is fairly good, and wearlength longer than you would expect something of this nature to be. all in all, a great blend.

Oh, damn, I REALLY like this.

I swapped recently for an imp (thanks, djnevermore!), and it's so lovely and soft and comforting, that now I want more! :P It's a very very light but warm scent, sweet milkiness with a hint of soft peppermint. I also recently tried Arcana's Layering Note Sweet Milk, and that was like spoiled rice pudding on me. THIS is milky without smelling like food - just a sweet creaminess. The only downside I can find is that it's not very strong - what I really want to do is SLATHER, but - hey, my only imp of Milk Moon!

*off to haunt the sales page for more....*

(edited to credit the right swapper!)

Edited by Anna D.

Mmm...wow. It's a lunacy I actually LIKE!

I got an imp of this in a swap today. :P This is very true to the simple cream + honey description. Honey doesn't normally work on me, but it does here! It's smoother and sweeter than Arcana's Sweet Milk SN. I can't stop sniffing myself!

I really hope this year's Milk Moon is the same formula, because it's absolutely lovely.