Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Northernminx

White Rabbit

Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Without reminding myself of what the notes were, I immediately thought "toasted Dorian" when I smelled this - it's a lovely tea scent; goes on fairly sweet, and then a fresh, brighter bit comes out as time goes on. Starts out foodier, but as the minutes go by a scent very reminiscent of Dirty starts to come through more and more. Whether I would wear this on a regular basis I am unsure, but I definitely keep sniffing my wrists! I'm very reminded of waking up during the winter holidays at my grandparents'house, with fresh sheets and sweet smells happening. I wish this came in a candle or something, I wonder if there is a way to use the perfume oils as an atmospheric scent via a diffuser or something? So many that I wouldn't wear on my person necessarily but that I would absolutely love to smell around the house from time to time. 4 stars!

I recently got a (probably aged) bottle from another forum member and it smells different than the imp I have. My imp has a distinct sweet milky black tea note to it, and hardly any linen. In fact, it was similar to Dorian, except without the lemony muskiness that I get from Dorian. My bottle White Rabbit is all black tea wet, and then is all linen when dry, with no milk or sweetness. It's nice but not really what I was expecting. I'll have to re-test again and see if it's the same (all linen) again. If so, it's off to swaps.

Edited by inhumation

In the imp: The first thing I noticed was something surprisingly zingy - at first I thought lemon, but that must be the ginger, and possibly the pepper as well. It actually took me a moment to suss out the black tea, and the honey-vanilla sweetness below. This is definitely a tea scent, but it's a complicated tea scent.

Wet: The pepper and ginger continuing strong, albeit with more of the latter than the former. I'm not getting so much of the milkiness, but there's definitely a honey-vanilla undertone restraining the ginger and tea. Speaking of which, the note of crisp black tea weaving throughout is extremely pleasant, in a get-up-and-go way. In fact, I'd describe this as an overall wake-up-and-get-going scent, but without the aggressive citrus I usually associate with that type of scent. The clean linen is only discernible as a clean, fresh smell (but NOT soapy) that hangs on for a surprisingly long time.

Dry: The tea and honey-vanilla sweetness both intensify over time, as expected, but the zingy ginger (and/or pepper) also proves surprisingly tenacious.

In the bottle and on the skin I'm getting black tea and....mint?

As it dries the black pepper is deepening it, if I breathe deeply

I feel like I might sneeze...the black pepper is REALLY authentic!

Black tea, mint and black pepper. It's not offensive but not for me.

Testing out some frimps I got from the lab with my last order.

In the imp: Without knowing the notes in this, I would have guessed it was some type of fruity scent, but looking over the notes, there's no fruit at all. Slightly citrusy, slightly sweet, creamy, a bit tangy.

Wet on skin: The tang of the ginger is more prominent, though I still don't place it as ginger, but rather something fruity or citrusy. As the scent warms on my skin, the sharpness (slightly tannic effect?) of the tea comes out and is tempered by the creaminess and the linen. Surprisingly, I'm not getting any of the pepper, which is something my skin tends to love. The honey is there, giving a honey effect, but isn't as sweet as it was in the imp.

After drydown: My skin tends to dry scents out, and this is no exception. I'm left with the tannic tea scent, the linen, and scent of honey without the honey sweetness. I think my skin is amping the linen a bit. If I really push my nose down into the crook of my elbow (where I applied the scent), I can still get some of the fruitiness that I first got from the wet oil, but it's not pronounced at all. Still not really getting the pepper, which is still surprising, but it does have a very slight herbiness to it. The creaminess has either gone away or been so subsumed into the linen that I can't separate the two anymore.

Also, I'm not sure if this scent is giving me a slight headache, or if that is just because I haven't eaten yet today.

Verdict: It's a nice scent, inoffensive at worst and delicately pleasant at best, but not really my personality. I feel like I belong in a store like Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It's giving a slight "scented candle" effect -- not quite soapy, and not quite waxy, but it seems like something that you would find in a scented candle, or otherwise to scent a room and not a person. It was nicer wet than dry, I think, even if it still wasn't exactly my style. I'm liking the effect of the tea, but it's not really a note that I would wear often, I don't think. Overall, the scent gives off an impression of innocence and cleanliness, like a freshly starched little girl's dress worn to a tea party in a clean and elegant but simple house in the countryside. It's also too feminine for my tastes. The slight fruitiness and the vanilla-honey notes are a bit much on that front, though if my skin decided to amp the pepper and the tea, it could have had potential. I probably won't wear this one again, just because it isn't to my tastes, but if you like very clean scents, this would work well.

EDIT: Many hours later, it has warmed into a very light, subtle skin musk with a hint of tanginess to it. It's rather nice, actually, but not really worth wearing for so many hours to get it to smell nice on my skin. It has very little throw, as well, and I have to really push my nose into it to smell it.

Edited by false.azure

In the imp: Lemony black tea and pepper.

Wet on my skin: Same as in the imp.

Dry: I get about 30 minutes of a deliciously lovely creamy lemon tea and sweetish pepper, and then...it's gone. Poof. Just disappears. My skin drank this up as if it actually were tea. I'll try aging it a bit and see if it lasts longer, otherwise I'll have to send it off to someone whose skin doesn't swallow it whole.

Initially White Rabbit was this lovely crisp, gingery scent that was perfect for the oppressively humid day I was facing. Then the ginger and honey faded after 20 minutes and I was left with a sort of generic "fresh linen" that was not for me. Too bad, because I was loving the top notes.

Creamy honey and a vanilla. When wet and freshly dried it smells like a sweetened version of fresh laundry. Nine hours later I can smell honeyed vanilla. Long lasting, fresh, clean, and perfect for summer in the south!

Strong black tea with a pepper undertone. Ginger tickles the nose, but is softened by the milk.

My bottle is old (10ml sized bottles have been discontinued for nearly a decade) so the vanilla and honey are merely an afterthought.

The linen emerges so I'm left with a crisp white napkin, stained with the remnants of afternoon tea.

Very unisex and suitable for any occasion.

Wow!

After a few hours of dry down, this smells like my beloved Cashmere Mist. It's clean with a little pepper and maybe ginger to spice it up, creamy from the milk, and slightly sweet from the vanilla and honey. I don't get any tea but the acidity could be in there with the pepper.

I really love this and can't stop huffing, it's what I wanted Morrocco to be.

In the imp: this smells oddly floral to me, which may be the clean linen note. There's more, but I can't really make out the other notes.

Wet: tea, ginger, pepper. This is lovely, much more soft and rounded than other tea/citrus scents I have like Kumiho or Embalming Fluid. I'm not sure about that floral clean linen note, which gives the scent a tiny bit like an undertone of cleaning product when wet. I don't get any vanilla or honey.

Dry: oh, this is lovely. Tea, vanilla, pepper, honey and a subtle undertone of white flowers. This smells very clean and cosy, and not at all too sweet.

Throw: medium on me, I can smell light wafts when I move but nothing conspicuous.

I like this one. It's not "OMG love it must have bottle!" but I'll definitely use my imp.

Pepper and linen in the bottle. Goes on as a sweet peppery tea. A honey note comes in, which changes to a citrus note, and for a few minutes it's Baobhan Sith's younger cousin. Then the honey comes back and dominates everything. And, of course, because it's a BPAL tea and citrus, my skin eats it all in half an hour.

Mostly all I smell on me is the linen. Nice and crisp. I don't get any milk or honey or tea. Sad, because I love all of those notes. More of what is want my sheets to smell like.

Oh, I love the tea notes in the Mad Tea Party collection, but this black tea is quickly overwhelmed by mint on me. Mint is not listed in the description, but it is there (and has seemed to turn up for other reviewers, too)! After awhile the mint calms down and then something woodsy enter the picture, that could be the musk, pepper, ginger, honey, and vanilla working together, but I wanted more black tea from this.

My first impression of this blend was concern, over the linen note (My nose really doesn't like the smell of laundry soap and drier sheets), but also real interest in every other note. Luckily I got frimped an imp from the lab, so I got to try it, yay! ^_^

In the bottle: Ooooh, my, you smell so good! This is incredibly promising, I'm not getting any laundry detergent or drier sheets, but it smells so bright and well blended, with a barely-there spice and cream note, paired with something that smells almost a little like a Mayer lemon? Summer time under my nose. :) This is how a tea party should smell! I especially like how it isn't foody.

Two minutes after being applied to my skin: :nervous: Whyyy?!?! WHYYY is this happening?! :peep: So, it just turned to grass. And green, macerated flower stems. Straight up, I kid you not, grass clippings. Why. Okay, maybe with a hint of berries under there. How? Why am I smelling freshly picked blackberries buried in a pile of juicy lawn clippings that someone threw on a pile of freshly washed cotton clothes?! :think: :ugh:

An hour later: During the time that it was coming down, it somehow reminded me of a nice, clean men's cologne or deodorant for a while. I was laying against the beau and had to keep questioning if it was him I was smelling on my arm, or White Rabbit lol.

Countless hours and hours later: Ye gods the throw on this is long. It lived through a shower! But, as the hours wore on, some of that fresh grass simmered down to a more summery berry(?!) note, and then finally calmed down altogether. As I was going to bed, some final huffs of my arm revealed that White Rabbit had settled into a fairly nice base note of the white pepper, with an ultra creamy, almost dusty vanilla/honey deal, maybe with just a drop of milk and a waft of tea leaf. Well, this would be nice if I could live through the grass stage, which I can't. :rasp:

This came as a frimp, but I was curious about it anyway...

Bottle: Honey-ginger and cotton. Dry pepper.
Wet: Honey-ginger and cotton, warmed up, as though flapping as sheets in the sun. Then a lot of pepper comes out.
Dry: More vanilla comes out, and then bam! Dryer sheets and pepper. Bleh.

Well... potentially interesting. Like a pepper shaker, and then vanilla ice cream, at a picnic bench for a sunny day in a rural backyard. The vanilla and pepper trade places with some overlap and the rest blends separately. It’s like two scents in one, and a little frenetic, White Rabbit-like. But I don't like black or white pepper and the rest goes all dryer sheet on me. This could be fun for someone else.

Sweet and clean smelling in the imp, and wet. When dry, it still smells sweet, and then turns into clean linen dryer sheet on me. Not unpleasent, but not what I would want to wear as perfume. I think I'm going to turn my imp into a linen spray for a clean laundry and afternoon tea room scent.

Edited by Missa_Moth

I tested this 10 years ago - my notes indicate the linen note was terrible on me and did the whole "dryer sheets" on me. I wanted to re-test it though, as my tastes and chemistry have changed.

Wet: Sweet lemony tea. I don't know where I'm getting the citrus from, but I am. It's nice! But the linen note is creeping in. And I am still not a fan.

Dry: Sadly, that clean linen note still just does not work for me. Tea and dryer sheets.

Clean dryer sheets with a slight ginger touch...ah well, white rabbit is not for me :/

edit 3/9/16 : gingered milky tea over clean sheets! Actually not bad! :)

Edited by nolifeking

It's very nice, but not for me.

The notes are similar to Dorian, but the balance is more citrus heavy.

It doesn't have the same rich sweetness as Dorian. When Dorian is aged, the lemon citrus note comes out once dry, and complements the sweetness of the scent. I could never really pick out the tea in Dorian, probably because its so well balanced with the other notes.

White Rabbit is too much citrus from the start through to the dry stage. Wet its citrus tea, and dry its citrus honey, and no matter how many different samples I've tried I have never gotten the vanilla creamyness other reviewers have described :(

Origin: frimp in a Lab order

Initial Thoughts: Early in my BPAL journey, I was avoiding tea scents because I didn't want to smell like food. The pepper also probably put me off. At this point I'm more experimental than I was, and there's nothing in here that is an amper on me.

In the Bottle: Tea mostly, with hints of pepper, honey, and ginger.

Wet: Lots of pepper in that tea! At this point it's elegantly masculine to my nose.

Drydown: The linen comes out to complement the tea, laced heavily with ginger and honey. The pepper is hovering in the background.

Verdict: It's a very pleasant scent, but it does read to me as masculine - I imagine I would not wear it much. If I could get my husband into BPAL, I'd push this on him.

This started off sweet and creamy, and I started to get the tea and then it all wet flat and musty. There is something good in here though. I need to find a newer imp to see if this one just went off...

White Rabbit: I had an imp of this once a long time ago and it freaked me out because it was really peppery, and I wasn't used to that in scents at the time. It was when I first experimented with Bpal. I since lost the imp and then years later, now, got another. Still that same pepper, but it doesn't scare me anymore, . It morphs on the skin into a nice linen note, with strong tea. I don't recognize the ginger or the honey, but if they're there they serve to warm the scent. Very nice! Something edible as well. The dry down is almost...bread and butter like?I like this one! I'd spring for a full bottle. There's a sprig of black pepper, but it really just serves to wake up the scent and make it warmer! Very clean!

Wet: Ginger, dry tea, honey. Crisp dry scent.

Dry: Ginger and tea leaf. Soapy: I guess this is the clean note? I dont seem to get very much of the vanilla, nor the milk. Instead its tea, ginger and a clean note (which in some way also reminds me of cucumber).
After the first half an hour as soapy, White rabbit goes into a clean dry leaves-scent with ginger. At this stage, White rabbit borders on being a clean green scent
Ends as a clean smelling honey. Or soap with soft honey.

On me, White rabbit is a very shy scent. When concentrating while sniffing I do get some nice tea and ginger notes, but most of the time they blend together into a generic soaplike scent. I do like the idea of White rabbit and had high hopes from reading the note description, but we were not meant to be.

Makes me think of: Soap
Dominant notes: Clean note, ginger, bits of leaves and honey in the end
Type: Clean, fresh
Lasting: 3 hours

This is the perfect tea scent! It verges on being a tea SN for me. On my skin I get a floral Chinese green rather than black tea, although I guess I can see how it's supposed to be that. I may be smelling the pepper and/or ginger and thinking it's floral. There's a great crisp vegetal note that I've only ever gotten out of a piping hot cup of green tea, though. This is slightly sweet but only in a natural plant sweetness way--I get no vanilla or honey out of this unless I really smush my nose into my arm. Even then it's faint and the tea is by far the dominant note. I'm not sure if this is a bottle purchase for me, but it's great!