Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

out of the bottle: this is a very round, rich, full warm ginger-peach-slight apricot-spicy-musky-herby soft scent. heavy on a vanilla-y richness, though its really hard to pick out any specific notes, just a general feeling..

upon wearing: whoa its pretty strong! just a mini daub will do ya! it retained all of the same scent that it had in the bottle, deepened and softened ever so slightly. i know ive smelled some part of this smell in the carribbean, something musky and soft about it.

so its a lovely soft perfume one could wear even in hot weather!

but - and perhaps more importantly as this is a Voodoo Oil after all -

these are all of the things that have happened since i started to wear it (late last night, reapplied this morning)

*i feel happy! and honestly rather carefee! and had been feeling so schlumpy for the last week due to allergies!
*my cat, who is not normally cuddly with me ever, would not leave me alone, trying to lick where i had daubed the Has No Hanna, purring, cuddling, and even slept on the bed cuddling next to me! this has NEVER happened before!
*me and my boyfriend been looking for a couch for weeks now, despairing that there was nothing we liked that we could afford and about ready to sadly go the ikea route but then - this morning got a call from a friend who knew someone who had a couch they wanted to get rid of. went to look at it, its a totally beautiful vintage danish teak living room set (im freaking out!) from the estate of Ross Hunter (producer of early Rock Hudson and Doris Day films) and it was a steal! and now its in our living room right now!
*discovered a new restaurant near our house that we had oddly never seen before and had the most delicious lunch ever!

at about this time the oil has worn off, but what a fab day, let me tell you, this voodoo works!!!!

Lixolux, I'm glad you had such a nice day with this oil!

I only wore it for a little while, because it was SO strong (just one dab on my right wrist and I was reeling, and it lasted all night) and it contained some kind of floral (I think it was jasmine, maybe?) that just overwhelmed anything else that was in there. I'd get hints of something apricoty/fruity, but it was always in the faaaaaaar background.

It was very pretty, but not for me.

First Impression: Horehound candies.

Second Impression: Stop laughing, that's what it smells like. As it dries it smells a bit like witch hazel dribbled over horehound candies.

Final Analysis: I didn't want Has No Hanna as perfume but as it's intended as a bit of a good luck charm. I'll keep a dab of this on me here and there to keep the good times rolling.

My experience was much more like ladylatemar's. It is very floral. Though to me it smells more like sweet pea than anything else. I get a little bit of something herbal, but no peachy-apricoty-ness.

I haven't had it on long enough to experience any good luck effects, so we'll see about that.

*editing later 'cause I'm wearing it again. It doesn't smell like sweet pea this time. More like jasmine. And since jasmine has a tendency to take over on me, that's what it does. But it also does lift my spirits.

Edited by xoe

This is a pleasant, warm floral -- I will have to update with a more detailed description of the scent, but I just had to remark that the first time I wore this, I went shopping. I needed a belt. I found one, and was bummed that it was $45, but I needed it. So I went to pay, and it turns out that it was on sale for $9!! Talk about a rush of good luck!

These oils are magic. :P

Dark ylang ylang. That is what i get from this. I dont know what is making it dark but it there is something that is blending with it so effortlessly that i can only say this is a deeper darker and really quite delightful ylang ylang. I usually really like the smell of ylang ylanng alone but not mixed with too many other things. This is the dominant scent im getting. I could be totally wrong and this could be some other flower. Im really curious to know. My guess is ylang ylang and myrrh. Im sure there is a lot more in there though.

ANyway i like it but doubt i will wear it enough to warrant keeping the imp. There are just so many other scents i would like to try. I guess im not a voodoo girl becasue i ended up swapping every one i tried.

In the bottle: spicy, red and fruity

Wet: very strong and dry scent, vaguely fruity but also cinnamon/black pepper spikiness

Dry: the fruit has worn away but the spikiness remains – it’s not unpleasant, but quite distinctive and forceful. I didn't smell any floral tones at all on me.

Verdict: the scent didn’t appeal that much, but as for the Voodoo effects: I applied some to the backs of my hands just before we were to hear about a bid we put in on a house. I asked the loa to send me good fortune and that which would be best for us. Minutes later the real estate agent turned up on our doorstep to tell us the house was ours, despite ours not being the highest bid. Thanks be to the loa! :P

Has No Hanna

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This went on light and sweet – and almost perfume-y. Almost immediately, a thick earthiness began to surface. Then it settled to a sweet earthiness ... interesting.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): Oh, this is definitely a floral – almost cloying, then again I did slather it on. Hmmm … Jasmine? Ylang Ylang? How I wish I was good at identifying specific notes. The earthiness is still there, but this floral has shoved it back.

Throughout the Day (10am-on): I am so happy to find that this has calmed down considerably. The floral is still there, as is the earthiness – but they have mingled in such a way that it is quite pleasing. This is unlike anything I have ever smelled, and I must admit that my mood has taken a turn for the better. I am very impressed.

This has definite staying power, as even though it fades, it is still with me as I leave for home. I shall certainly keep this imp, and periodically test its capabilities. :P

Has No Hanna

I put this straight from the bottle onto my wrists. It was a bit like a leap of faith.

Initially I regretted it but then it began to grow on me.

It so hard to pick out whats in this. Probably the hardest one yet.

Ylang Ylang and Myrr as has been said here already.

Im not great at picking out the notes but that sounds right to me.

Its a strange one. I didnt think I liked it but here I am wearing it for a second day in a row so there is something very compelling about it. Its not my favourite by any means but there is something in it that really appeals to me.

I cant be any more specific but I would like to know whats in it. There is something wafting in and out of the background that reminds me vaguely of Spellbound.

As to good luck, I had a total surprise visit from my brother when I got home from work.As if that wasnt good luck enough, he brought me a bread making machiene as a gift!

So now Im really curious!!

Any hints Beth? :P

This was the first BPAL oil that I had to go wash off.

This was a very sharp, green scent on me and it didn't change at all after a couple of hours. Very strong. Kind of reminded me of dried oregeno.

This will be going to the swap pile.

I agree with whoever thought this smelled like horehound. Luckily, I like horehound, but there was an additional sharpness to this scent that I really didn't like much. Very green and very strong - I tried this because I was in a very tense and worked-up mood, and far from lifting the spirit, I think it only heightened the tension. I experienced no other particular effects in my life - as usual, as a true-blue skeptic I can only evaluate BPAL scents on their own merits. On its own merits, then, Has no Hanna didn't work for me.

First Sniff:

Whoa, momma, that's flowery! I'm almost put off by that...I hate flowers, but I need some luck today, gonna have to stick it out. I have no idea what flowers they are exactly, since I can't tell a lily from a daffodil, not being a flower lover, but it reminds me of Pele if that gives anyone a clue. My mom says lily or hyacinth. No idea what that means, but I'm just passing it on verbatim like the parrot that I am. :D

Wet on skin:

Flowers, flowers, flowers! I smell like I've been rolling around in a greenhouse. It's not unpleasant, just not what I would normally choose. But I'm not wearing this for the scent, I'm wearing this because I need some good luck today. :P

Dry down:

Yep, that's flowers, all right. It smells familiar, but I couldn't say what kind they are. It doesn't smell like Pele anymore, it smells like something we used to grow in our garden in the house I grew up in. It's kind of comforting, actually, and it's not giving me a headache, which is an immediate plus in my book...the good luck is working already, it appears! :D

The bottom line:

As a perfume, it's pretty, but not me. But as a luck-changer, I love it. So far today I've...gotten the first of my 5, count 'em 5 Lab orders in, gotten trades on 6 things I've been trying to get rid of and got some really great stuff in return and (I'm pretty sure) aced my midterm. I don't care if it's just a placebo effect giving me the self-confidence I needed to succeed in everything today, but something's working! This is a definite keeper. :D

In the Bottle: Has No Hanna is very ginger and peachy, very good and for some reason makes me think of sushi.

On Me: There's a sort of burnt quality to this that comes out at first sniff. Like a smoky resin quality to the ginger. It almost gives it a waxy appearance. How odd. I like it though, I guess that's the odd part. Not enough to get a bigger bottle, but enough to use up the imp.

First sniff: Very sweet floral in the vial – maybe jasmine, gardenia or honeysuckle. It’s in that category of bright sweet florals that I have a hard time distinguishing from one another.

Wearing: I tried honeysuckle tea once, and Has No Hanna reminds me very much of the scent of that tea. It’s very sweet, very white and very pretty. After a couple of minutes there’s something cooler underneath, as if the honeysuckle were twined around a solid green stem. I swapped (Old) New Orleans away quite a while ago, but this scent reminds me of what that smelled like. It took a while to grow on me, but this one is a keeper.

The smell is odd, but not bad. Just "unique". Sort of metallic. About making the wearer happy... I feel worn and like crying right now, so at the moment it's not working.

Has No Hanna smells the same in the vial as it did after drydown, which was a first for me!

While I didn't get to try any of the good stuff from it (I put it on a couple of hours before bed, and all I did was knit), it made me FEEL happy and bouncy for no real reason. Even though I was exhausted, I was bopping along like I'd just had a big latte or something.

It smells like happiness, sweet and floral and very golden. It's one of those florals that agrees with me, though I'm not sure what it is. Perhaps jasmine or ylang ylang, as other reviewers have mentioned, those are some of the only florals that work with me at all.

I likes! I want more.

i don't know what this is, but i like it! i'd been hesitant to try the voodoo blends, since no notes are listed, but the super awesome lab threw this one in with my last order :P

i think its floral, and vanilla? i'm torn about how it works as a luck-changer...i put it on at our hotel this morning, bc we've been staying in a hotel for 2 days waiting for the power to be back on in our house. and i was hoping has no hanna would lend a hand! i daubed some on my wrists, then went to hand the baby wipes to my husband (who was chaning baby, lol) and promptly spilled the imp all over the hotel floor, and the baby wipes. :D

however, when we stopped by the house to drop the dogs off, the power was on! even tho AEP said it wouldn't be on til tonight! so if it stays on, i'll be searching for a new imp of has no hanna for sure....

Like other VooDoo blends, Has No Hanna did not agree with me. I wanted to like it, because the idea of a lucky oil really appealed to me, and it had a sort of hopeful feeling about it when I first smelled it. It was sort of a white-smelling floral on me, with other things I couldn't identify underneath. But there's something about the VooDoo oils that doesn't work for me. There's something in them that's just really strong and pierces my skull. I think this oil could be very nice for someone who could handle strong scents - I'm just not one of those people.

Has No Hanna will have to be for ritual use only. It didn't agree with my skin at all as a perfume.

As others said, it changes very little from the imp to drydown. On me it was sharp, strong, almost overwhelming. A very dark scent. I wondered at one point if my arch-enemy the vetiver was in this blend, but now that it has mellowed a bit, I can detect a sharp/sweetish floral (odd combination!) and something dark and thick underneath, myrrh maybe?

Since I got surprisingly good results with Beth's voodoo blends in the past, I have no reason to doubt that this one works too. However, I can't see myself wearing it as a perfume. It will perfect for dressing candles during ritual, though.

On first sniff, Has No Hanna is floral. Something about it reminds me of church, maybe of holy water. Yes, it smells kind of watery but not strongly aquatic. I wouldn't wear it as a perfume but I like the idea of it as a voodoo blend. It kind of reminds me of something my mom used to wear when I was younger...

I think this has lotus in it because it's starting to take on a slight burnt smell I got in Black Lotus and Blood Lotus.

Edited by tart

this is a church kind of musky scent. there's something sweet behind it but I don't know what it is. This just reminds me of church using too much incense. sorry but it's off to the swap pile for you.

This was not a scent for me. It was too strong. I wish I could say that it alleviated depression, but as soon as I put it on I was in the bathroom washing it off. My mother-in-law loved it and I gave it to her. I hope she enjoys it and receives some good luck too.

I love Has No Hanna; I can't believe I never reviewed it. It has a very white floral smell, kind of like tuberose, but with a hint of what smells almost like curry. (I know that's kind of crazy, but it really reminds me of curry.) I do think it's helped my mood a little on the days I've worn it.

Sweet flowers, Perhaps jasmine, behind there is something spicy, like someone mentioned, a bit like curry.

It make me feel warm and comfi although I do not really care for the scent. It reminds me a bit of Delight.

As for it's Voodoo properties, I am wearing it for about an hour and the day started bright and happy. I can do with some luck today as i have to start calling prospects to make sales appointments.... Update will follow on results

Ooh, this one stinks a bit on me. Not in a horrible wash off way, but more of being out on a really hot day when the dryness of the grass and woods turns a bit stinky and sun-drowned, like goldenrod, dried corn plants, and other grasses that have a really overpowering smell to them. I can't describe it more than that, but it doesn't take away my depression. :D

Even when it dies down a little, it still retains that dying dry plant sort of scent. I need to trade this. It just isn't me. I think the horehound with witch hazel was the description I can agree with the most, but for me, it was a little too "weedy" for me, with a scent like strong weeds like ones you would find growing in a ditch if you walked along a backroad in the country. Especially in summer where the warmth makes those weeds all the more pungent.

Maybe I will dot a couple ritual candles with it. Wouldn't hurt. :P

Edited by Madame Nyx