Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Such a pretty vanilla! The champagne grape isn't juicy, it's very dry, very clean, almost dusty. Vanilla sometimes goes a little plastic on me but this stays "floral" with just a touch of sugar on top. I like it.

This is very pretty; a sparkling vanilla amber with the Lab's bright champagne note. It reminds me a lot of Champagne Lace. Will be great for everyday wear.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

Vanilla sugar and fizzy champagne! Bright and sparkling. It's actually reminding me of...I think it was Gingerbread Invisible Man, from the Yules - that same champagne note, but without the ginger/gingerbread. I like it!

This is beautiful! 

I was shocked that I liked this. In the imp, fizzy grape juice and some sweetened amber. 
On the skin, it’s a bright and dry champagne that’s adding no sweetness to the sugared amber. Unique and femme, it’s giving a classic amber perfume from yesteryear. Upgrading this one to a full size. 🖤

The Lab's fizzy champagne note with sweet vanilla and amber on top. The champagne note is clean and bright, and the vanilla and amber are sweet but not cloying, almost a little creamy.

I love the Lab's champagne blends, and this is a soft and wearable champagne scent. The  champagne fades in the long drydown, leaving behind a clean vanilla/amber skin scent.

This reminds me a little of Arcana's Frivolous Aside, but simpler and dryer (Bubbly champagne cocktails, vanilla frosting, deep pink musk, sugar cubes, toasty coconut, and a soft compress for your head the next morning).

unexpectedly lovely. 

creamy, sweet, resinous amber (possibly one of the ambers in the grey columns?) and a really sparkly effervescent champagne note. i'm not tracking anything particularly grapey,  so maybe white grape?   drydown reminds me of cream soda. lowish throw, but hangs around a good while. 

The champagne grape in this one has a slight musty quality to it when I wear it, but it provides a pleasant complexity and counterbalance to the vanilla amber. 

Unarmed opens on me with a soft, dry, fizzy champagne. It's a champagne solo for a minute or so, and then a pretty, custardy sort of French vanilla emerges, smoothing over the playful fizz.

A delicate sugared amber joins this little social gathering in drydown.

The blend of these notes is lovely and super-huffable. I hadn't really had my eye on this one, but I'm taking some quality time with it now. It makes me imagine a few friends who've gathered together for a champagne sip under a mild afternoon sun, just to hang. It captures an ephemeral, companionable joy. I may need a bottle.

If you're a fan of the Lab's champagne note and don't dislike amber, you can't go wrong here!

There's the fizzy champagne bubbling on top of a dry amber and a swirl of creamy vanilla. The champagne is the star of the show throughout wear on me, but it isn't as loud as time goes on, allowing the sugared vanilla amber (which I get a bit of musk from) to have a chance to shine.

I'm here for this.

This one was been a surprise star among my social circle. A beautiful vanilla, with a lingering amber warmth and just enough champagne to keep it from being insipid. Several of my friends requested decants from my bottle after smelling it, to the point that we had to order a whole extra bottle to have enough to around. As a fun side note: I appear as Princess Leia at a lot of charity events, and this is the perfume I always wear with that costume, so it has sort of become Leia's signature scent.

Soo I almost never go for vanilla-heavy scents, they're not my jam but I adore champagne notes. So I went for this. And boy howdy it is gorgeous!! It starts off very fizzy yummy slightly vanillic champagne , and over the course of an hour or so the champagne lets the vanilla amber shine through, while still chillin out in the back. It's yummy without being foodie at all, and quite warm and... sensual dare I say? And impressively long lasting as well! I'm a cook and after 10 hrs straight of cooking, spilling sauces on myself etc (the usual, gross habits of my job) I could still smell this lovely warm vanilla-y goodness on my wrist. All in all this one was a very nice surprise win for me!!

In the bottle: Sparkly champagne and a sweet vanilla that I have never experienced before this.

Wet: Beautiful champagne, that interesting sugared vanilla, and... leather? Ok, skin chemistry. If you say so.

Dry: The champagne and sugared vanilla read more like cream soda and yes, I'm definitely getting what smells like leather. It's like a very muted version of Three Pairs of Shoes. No idea what's up with that but I don't care, I bloody love this perfume. It is glorious and it lasts Squints from The Sandlot "FOR. EH. VER." Hours and hours of wear time. 12 at least. Normally this would bother me but I love this perfume so much that I'm cool with still smelling like vaguely leather cream soda in the morning.

hold on. I will have to come back to update this because I just realized I was wearing Welcome Unto Thee when I wrote that. No wonder that didn't make sense to me.

...I'M BACK WITH THE CORRECT 'FUME ON HAND.

The lab's champagne note is still beautiful and sparkly. Very champagne forward opening, so I'm very on board with this. The vanilla is there but way in the back, hanging out. It definitely starts to come forward as this dries down, supporting the champagne. I think the amber holds it all down well (I do enjoy a lovely amber, but this does get a hair powdery, but think vanilla powder with a hint of sweetness).

The ultimate dry down is a slightly powdery vanilla amber that, like what others have said, gives cream soda vibes. Good longevity.

Edited by Thuy
updated with the correct review

This is so much like my beloved Champagne Lace with an enormous dollop of sweet vanilla cream. Reminds me alot of a wedding cake too. When I was around 10 years old, my mom took me to a friend's wedding. The reception was grand and well, i'd never had white wedding cake before. Pretty sure I ate one whole tier :yum: I just remember being in ecstasy, binging on this deliciously airy fluffy cake and seeing so many eyes on me. I wish i'd had the guts to give them all the finger :laugh: This reminds me of that heavenly cake I will never forget. Yes, huge mouthfuls of sugary white cake with swigs of greengrape champagne. Swoon~ 
Ahhhhh Primavera. Maybe scent bewitched beauties will trail after me in a handclasped dance like the Three Graces. 
Yet another truly epic BPAL vanilla. I adore this variation and am stunned the lab can still surprise and WOW me with such simple blends :bow:

Edited by Jenjin

The vanilla and champagne in this mix in a curious way immediately on the skin; I'm reminded of cedar wood, but a little sweeter. It dries down and stays about that smell. I really enjoy it, though how I get the smell I'm thinking of befuddles me.