Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Gingerbread and Leather

Tester decant received as a frimp in a swap. So excited! 

In the decant: Yes, just like the description. Gingerbread and leather and extra clove and tobacco. It's very spice-forward in the vial, but the leather and tobacco aren't exactly missing, just a little quieter. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's gingerbread and tobacco. I miss the extra clove. As it dries, however, the other notes start to come out. The tobacco note has the most throw on me, followed by the gingerbread. The clove and leather are detectable closer to the skin. 

And then -- wow! -- it shifts so it's clove-heavy gingerbread over leather. There's a touch of tobacco, but at this point, it's really just a touch (and I say this as someone who usually amps tobacco). The vibe is very much sexy gingerbread. Sexy and a little bit dangerous. Gingerbread that gives you naughty thoughts in the middle of wearing. 

When I read the initial description, I'd originally written this one off as tobacco-containing scents tend to become all about the tobacco on me. But this is very much about the spices and leather. I may be heading over to the Lab site right now to add a bottle to my cart. (Is today payday? If today is payday, I'm definitely doing that.) 

I was taken aback by how good this was. I wasn't expecting much, because I don't usually go for tobacco and leather anymore. But it was so much more. We tested my friend's decant, and both loved it.

I got plenty of clove and other spices, warmth, sexiness, and gingerbread. I'm not sure now in which order, but this will become a bottle for me, for sure.

This is very nice.  The leather doesn't really smell black to me, more like a brown suede, but leather tends to lean subtle on my skin, so take that with a grain of salt.  This is warm and spicy, nicely balanced, and not too sweet.  Definitely a crowd pleaser, and could be worn by a man or a woman.  I have about 50 bajillion gingerbread scents at this point, so I'm not sure if I need a full bottle of this one (though it's tempting) but if you like gingerbread, and you like leather, and you DON'T have 50 bajillion gingerbread scents 😜 -- this is a good one to bet on.

Edited by VetchVesper

Spiced leather. I get basically clove, tobacco, and gingerbread spices on black leather. It's basically black leather does holiday potpourri. Good throw and wear length.

This features the same sharp, dry tobacco from Tobacco and Pine accompanied by some leather and gingerbread spices. Surprisingly, my clove-amping self isn't amping the clove (or the gingerbread) in this, but my skin is running away with that tobacco note, which remains the dominant note on me throughout wear. It works better here than it did in Tobacco and Pine, but is still too sharp for my taste. Alas.

It does smell pretty sexy, though, but it is something I'd rather smell on someone else, not me. Too bad my boyfriend would rather smell like fruit punch. :lol: 

Again, this is a weaker scent than expected, but that's probably my post-COVID nose.  The first thing I smelled was gingerbread, then a touch of soft leather.  

The clove and tobacco come out later on the drydown and are subtle.  A little smoky spicy and a touch of smooth tobacco in the far back.

I like this a lot, but I don't know if it needs aged to let the notes really come out and get stronger or if it's just my nose.  Either way, it's still a keeper.

In the bottle: Spicy tobacco gingerbread.

Wet on my skin: Spicy, clove-heavy gingerbread and sweet tobacco...and leather! Soft black leather. Mmmm.

Dry: Okay, so I have a thing for these dark, sexy gingerbread perfumes. I don't even care that I already own Gingerbread Tobacco, Gingerbread, Patchouli, Leather, and Dark Musk, and Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Clove. I NEEDED THIS. This is dark, spicy, sexy clove gingerbread with sweet, smooth tobacco and soft black leather. I wanted sexy gingerbread. I got sexy gingerbread. YEAH!!!

My favorite gingerbread blends are the exact three @DiesMali just cited:  Gingerbread, Black Clove and Vetiver; Gingerbread Tobacco; and Gingerbread Patch Leather and Dark Musk.  This ranks right up there, I would say. Gingerbread with extra clove against a base of soft leather, threaded through with sticky tobacco. Spicy and sexy with good throw and wear length, though I did slather.