Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Woo! This has some throw in the bottle!

In the bottle, super sweet honey musk. On the skin, it’s just as strong at first. I was sneezing for the first 10 mins, but I kept going back to huff it because I’m already addicted. Lol. Once it’s on for about 30 mins, you can almost chew through that honey taffy and imagine that occasional sugar crystal. Damn, this is good. It’s like sexy candy. 

This is soooo delicious! A dark, sugary honey musk that smells tantalizingly edible. Unfortunately, it doesn't have a lot of throw or staying power on my skin at the moment. However, given that the decant of Smut I got with the latest Lupers has strengthened a lot in the last half year or so, I fully expect that this will gain more power and beauty with age. 

I've never tried original Smut before, so I had to take a chance on what I thought I might enjoy. This doesn't disappoint.

This almost has a buttery quality to it that instantly brings to mind salt-water taffy I used to get in California when visiting my grandmother and hitting up the boardwalk. Behind it is the sweetened, boozy musk.
I enjoy this but my decant is more than enough.

I also have never tried Smut alone, but I'm very happy with this blind bottle. It is delicious, so much honey sugar, but not too foodie as I was a little scared of it being. Definitely more of a sensual appetite than actual edible. It does seem to fade around 3 hours for me, so I'll just be carrying ma bottle for re-applications throughout the day. 

Honey sugar and the musk from Smut. This is a very honeyed version of Smut. Or if O and Smut had a baby, and covered it in sugar. Medium throw and wear length.

I have never tried the original smut but this is amazing!!!!this is sweet but not foodie. Smells like honey toffee but quite soft and beautiful!

I get what the fuss is about. It smells just like bit-o-honey taffies from back in the day mixed into a sexy, boozy sugary concoction. Overall impression is a honey/brown sugar scent with a kick.

In the decant: Thick, sweet honey candy. 

On my skin:

Wet, the honey taffy note is still on top, but musky Smut is now detectable underneath. And then... everything but the honey disappears? This is not how either honey or Smut tend to act on me, so I'm wondering what will happen to it with aging. 

The sugar-crunchy honey from O meets a beeswaxy taffy candy in the haze of musky booze at a party.

That's pretty much it. Chewy O-honey beeswax candy party. 

This doesn't change on me during its life. Good party.

Daaamn. This is Ah-maaa-zing... I think my favorite of the Smuts this season, too (that Candy Corn Smut though...!). The honey note right out of the bottle is downright bawdy; bright, liquid gold, flowing out of the comb...nearly an indolic floral but undeniably honey, especially with the extra musk & booze from the Smut. How can this be more honey-ish than even O or Womb Fury?!  It quickly darkens a bit, but only down to a honey whiskey, with the addition of a bit of smoke along with a dense chewiness from sugary taffy. Dare I say this is even smuttier than the origional Smut? It's brighter, has more sillage, and the golden warmth of it dries down to a honeycomb skin scent. Divine! 

Smut with lots of sugar and honey! It's really gorgeous, however Smut faded pretty quickly on me and now it's just a faintly sweet honey dust :cry2:. I don't really get taffy from this at all, just the honeyed Smut. Even though it didn't perform that great on me, this is still a fantastic Smut-o-Ween release and I would highly suggest picking this one up if you love honey notes.

No bottle upgrade, but I'm hoping with some aging the Smut won't fade on me again.

I've tried Smut itself several times, and I like it okay, but I was never interested in a full bottle. But having it as a base for weenies? Now I'm interested.

I didn't like this one quite as much as Candy Apple Smut because I didn't find the honey taffy note quite as appealing as the sugared apple. Although it started heavily honey candy, as it dried this scent faded into sort of a warm buttery brown sugar, which didn't add as much interest to Smut as I would have liked.

If you like Smut and wanted a more sugary, honeyed version, this is definitely that.

Wet: Ohhhh this one is good. Dark sugary and extra musky honey. Me gusta.

Dry: I totally get the "honey taffy" vibe now. There's a richness that wasn't present in the wet stage, that makes this smell even better than it did before! A rich honey version of smut, essentially.

As someone who doesn't like OG Smut.. I think this one is a winner.

Bit O' Honey candy with a boozy kick. The Smut base gives it some spice, definitely. It has a lot of staying power, though not a whole lot of throw, and fades to a honey-dust sort of scent that stays close to the skin.

In bottle: Booze. It's just booze.
Wet: It's musky booze now. Someone had sex in this booze.
Dry: O.K. now it's very naughty musk mixed with honey & totally smashed. 
After a few minutes: There's an orgy & everyone is drunk. Bees. Drunk bees. Drunk bee orgy. I'm not here for this.
After first hour: Much like the Bright Red Dildo, I have tried three times & this is as far as I get. The very last time, I made it past this because I was convinced I was going to keep this. CONVINCED.
After two and a half hours: I am not convinced.
Final Thoughts: You know what? Life is too short to keep TRYING to like a perfume. This is just dirty musky booze. There is honey, but it’s always overwhelmed by the boozy musk. Not the kind I like, it’s very sweaty, after sex skin musk. Which can be uber sexy, but when mixed with the booze, I just want a shower. The honey just makes everything feel sticky. I tried to love you, but I just can’t. This was a one night stand at best & I let it drag out. Even if this was phrased like a shunga "Bees in orgiastic drunken revel" (which I would buy, just as foolishly hopeful), it still wouldn't work out & I love bees & honey & the idea of bees being REALLY happy. But in the end, this was part of the Halloween 2020 collection, so a horror story is what I got myself stuck in. These are bees wearing paper devil costumes & that honey is a drug that turned me into a shadow with teeth & no one is happy about any of it. (That last part is a game reference & it's just as much of a horror story about honey as this was with my skin chemistry... I hope that makes the review less sad & more like "This person has a very weird life" entertaining.)
Wear: No thank you.
Throw: As far as a bee will take it for me. But otherwise, about an arms length. 
On me? It's a unisex leaning to cologne scent. That's not to say it is only that, but if this were marketed by a typical perfumery, I'd be demographic for that skin chemistry. (I'm only including this because it's a thing I always want to know.) (It's mostly unisex, but I'd also say it's more cologne leaning based of how it smells on me or who I'd rather smell it on. Also, this does not denote a gender or person who cannot wear it, but the feel it gives off to me.)

Edited by TheLampades
Wording

Sexy, boozy honey taffy - this and candy apple are my favorite two smut variations. I love a good honey note and this has it, and the muskiness just makes it fantastic. There is a subtle butter note in the dry down that reminds me of the taffy candy.

I hate that I didn't realize how much I love it until well after the collection has gone down (didn't quite get my attention when I first sniffed it a few months ago when it arrived) so I'm guessing that it's only going to get better with age.

Honey Taffy Smut is terrible on me.  It's disturbingly sweet, like honey and melted brown sugar and caramel with salt.  It's so sweet that it makes me sick to my stomach.  However, the worst part is that the honey is the variety that smells strongly of urine.  I put a little dab of this on one wrist (and it's SO STRONG) and washed my hands 5 times over the course of an hour and my partner still cuddled up to me and said, "Ugh.  Why do you smell like cat pee??"  So this is a no from me.  Sickly sweet + urine.  I don't get any Smut or darkness or musk.

Dank, musky honey. It's sultry and caramelized. I don't necessarily identify it as taffy but it is heavy on the honey. Some honeys are light and floral, but this one is downright filthy. I'm a big fan!