Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

[bpal]A love letter to goth kids everywhere...the perfect evocation of an old school clove cigarette.[/bpal]

This smells like a honest to god clove cigarette. You know the type. Djarnums, before we had that weird law that says no tobacco with additives. Clove, smoky chewy tobacco, and more clove.

Good throw and wear length.

Very strong scent. Smells of christmas time pinecones potpourri. But very very clove. Smells the same on the skin. Long throw. If you love cloves or clove cigarette it's a must grab. Other scents it reminds me of is Erika Klash and Mr Nancy. 

I can't compare this to the scent of clove cigarettes, but I will say that it is a clove-dominant scent with a bit of a cool aspect in the background, and it is goth af. There is no sweet or dank tobacco note here... it's more like a clove incense.

I tested this against Sweet Clove SN, and the latter was warmer and stronger than this scent.

Since it didn't have lots of throw when I tested it, I decided to do a full day wear test by slathering it along the length of both of my forearms. Even then, I could not smell it over my boyfriend's Jareth (and he only used three dabs). So it's definitely one that needs to be slathered (at least in a dry climate) and absorbed into some clothes.

If you love clove, you need this. My decant will not be enough. :wub2: 

Disappointed. I think I was wanting more of an atmospheric of clove cigerettes. The leather jacket, the clove, some smoke and maybe *something* evocative of the time period. Will restest this today but I just amped clove and I do not need SN clove. If my retest after a weeks rest changes my mind I will edit. 

This smells exactly like a clove cigarette.

When I was 20, I went to a lot of goth clubs and events and took to smoking these until they got banned. Sweet strong clove, a hint of black paper and an undercurrent of tobacco. Clove is the Star here and it is dangerously close to clove single note. Close, but not exact.

If you were ever a goth kid and want to relive the scent of clove cigarettes in the broody air while wearing black and lots of hair gel, this is your scent.

I have never smelled actual clove cigarettes and have never smoked, but I love the smell of cloves and from what I have read of the cigarettes, I imagine I would have loved their scent. So I was excited to get in on the first pre-order for this scent. When my bottle arrived, it smelled so good in the bottle that I immediately applied it to my wrist. 

Unffff.... so good! Smooth clove blended with a sweet tobacco. That's it, that all I got. But I love it. And my husband unexpectedly asked what I was wearing and could he try it. It not only smelled great on him, but for the first time ever in my BPAL life (starting my 15th year collecting) he asked me to get him a bottle. After I stopped laughing, I explained how LEs work, and said that I would try when they reopened pre-orders again. I was successful so now we each have a bottle.

By the way, this one has hella strong throw on us with very light application! I'm usually one to slather and am grateful that I don't have to with this, so my bottle will last longer. 

Ooh, I'd forgotten I had ordered this decant.  So excited to see it in my stash!  Yep, clove cigarettes, and it's 1985 all over again.  This is a gorgeous clove tobacco,  heavy on the clove, and on my it has good staying power and even a little throw, which is unusual for my skin chemistry.  To quote doomsday_disco, my decant will not be enough.