Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Atrous

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris

Lilith meets the Gargoyles of Paris: stone and ancient incense, beeswax and lavender smoke.

The stone and the incense are there.  I'm not getting any beeswax so that's kinda disappointing.

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the lavender smoke.  It does indeed smell like smokey lavender and is off-putting.  

I was hoping for a more beeswax/incense heavy scent with the other notes in the background.

This is beautiful. It’s a soft scent; the incense is blended beautifully with the beeswax, which gives everything a roundness, a depth. As much as I love the herb, I dislike wearing lavender because it tends to overpower everything else. Not so here: lavender smoke is not smoky per se, rather it’s a softer, wispier version of lavender and it’s perfect with the subdued incense note and the slightly creamy beeswax.

The only Travelogue scent I got a bottle of and I’m so happy I did!

In bottle: "meh". Smells like lavender. Lots of lavender. (Puts aside to destash)

curious..... 

wet: Oh wait, something is sweet here. Is that the beeswax, or the stone note? The incense though. Wowza. The lavender is so soft and smooth, wth? Gah, I am digging this, it's so smooth, that stone note is so pretty. It's like the tiniest bit of NAVA Dino limestone (the tangyness, but so soft and not harsh), I need to smell more BPal stone notes... 

dry: Going to need a full bottle *cries*

Wispy lavender, stone and a whiff of beeswax. This one ended up sort of a perfumey incense on me. Great throw and wear length.