Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cherrycherry

Strawberry Sufganiyot

A sugar-dusted pile of sufganiyot, trickling bright rivulets of strawberry jelly.

This was the Yule I was most excited about trying and it does not disappoint in the least. This is sugary doughnuts filled with strawberry jam. It smells *exactly* like that. The sweetness lifts a great deal on the drydown and the throw is spectacular. The cakey note is just gorgeous and the strawberry is so perfect. So many strawberry scents out there are synthetic-smelling and in no way resemble that tart, red berry we all know and love but this note is absolutely spot-on. It's like someone took an actual strawberry and squeezed the juice into the bottle and then crammed in some doughnut and powdered sugar. I am definitely going to need more than one bottle of this. Fabulous.

If you like Strawberry Moon '09 and Golettes, you will ADORE this. It is basically a lovechild of the two.

This is gooey, sticky strawberry filling! Actually made my mouth water. Just like real strawberry filling, this is tooth-achingly sweet. As it dries the powdered-sugar and donuts smell starts to come in. It is incredibly realistic. I love this, but it is very sweet so if that's not your thing you might want to steer clear.

I blind ordered Strawberry Sufganiyot right when Yules went live. While I was waiting my order to arrive I started to worry if I would even like it since I don't really like many super gourmand scents (Butter Rum Cookie and Sugar Cookie actually make me kinda nauseous, so does the butter note in Jack.) and berries often end up smelling like plasticy scented candle.

Turns out I had no reason to worry.

Strawberry Sufganiyot starts with realistic jelly doughnut smell. It's foody for sure, but not so foody that I would feel weird wearing it. The strawberry jam is amazing, juicy and not at all synthetic. I feel I can almost taste it as I keep sniffing my wrist.

It's quite doughy and yeasty at first but as it dries down powdered sugar comes forward. Final drydown is sugary strawberries and doughnuts in the background. Lasts for hours on skin. I'm so glad I got a bottle. :heart:

Edited by maija

Huge wafts of STRAWBERRY JAM permeate the air around me and when i smell my wrists there is a chewy donut underneath that STRAWBERRY JAM. I need another bottle or ten and i hope this returns in another form next year, or the same. ;-) Perfect jelly donut.

Every time i put this on (usually at the end of the day as a comfort scent) i am so thankful i bought a bottle. This scent truly makes me happy!

Edited by Herb Girl

If you love the lab's strawberry note and like foodie sweet scents - get yourself a bottle of this! In the bottle - it smells like sweet sugary strawberry jam. I wanted to drink it! On the skin, the dough note comes out a bit more but stays even with the strawberry jelly note. I also get a hint of the powdered sugar note on the dry down. This is fantastic. Decent throw and lasts for several hours.

This is exactly like a strawberry jam-filled doughnut. There is no difference. Buy this perfume, or buy a strawberry doughnut and smear it on your wrist. It's got the cakey dough, the sugar, that exact jam smell. Like opening a fresh box and taking a bite. Amazing.

edit: Putting this on my bottle list, since when friends and family come over I always reach for it. Try this!

Edited by unxolve

This makes me so hungry. It smells like a doughnut filled with strawberry jam. L O V E IT. And it lingers on my skin. I want to lick my skin..... muahaa.

eta: bought a bottle. now i need this in hair oil. lol. i went to the movies yesterday and kept smelling myself and tapping my friends next to me on the arm and telling them i smelled so good. they rolled their eyes at me, but yessss. it smells so good.

Edited by barilace

In The Bottle: Holy moly, that's some serious strawberries and cream! :yum:

Wet On Skin: Oh. Holy. Cheeses. Yes- this is all donuts, all the time. It's really...it's really just...oh man.

Dry Down: Yes. This is fried dough and this is homemade, chunky, strawberry jam. And, for only the second time in BPAL personal history, this is *literally* making my mouth water. I am actually drooling a little.

In All: Low throw and it's just as well because with a scent this delectable, it's a slather situation to be sure. On a different note, I just want to say that I normally amp sugar notes like CRAZY put the sweet aspect of this beautiful, yummy fragrance is staying put.

Hoard-worthy! Stock up!!! :luv2: :luv2: :luv2:

Oozing strawberry jelly donut. Can I saw chunky, oozing, sugary strawberry jelly with a base of donut with powdered sugar. This smells exactly like a powdered sugar donut filled with strawberry jelly. This is probably the first intensely strawberry scent that doesn't smell fake or plastic on my skin, which is nothing sort of a miracle.

Super realistic. Super foodie. Super rich dessert strawberry jelly filled donuts.

Crap, now I'm hungry.

Wow okay so I think this one is actually REALLY syrup-y in the bottle (think jelly donut syrup, which you probably already are :) ) which isn't BAD per se but also, as a friend pointed out...is that really what you want to smell like??? The answer was: YES, because after a while the fried dough-y bit starts to come out and you smell like a delicious bakery. A donut bakery. Anyways, I'm obsessed with it!

The strawberry in this is amazing, it's like thick strawberry syrup. I am super pleased because I had been kind of wishing that I had picked up a backup of Golletes (one of my favorite baked-good scents, period), and this is definitely reminiscent of the same doughnut, but topped with this thick, rich strawberry syrup.

I grabbed a blind bottle of this when I picked up one of the Ligeias (thinking they would go down before I got my decants to test) and I am so glad I did because if I hadn't I would have to make a separate lab order. This is the first foody scent that's grabbed me this strongly in years and it's spot on to the description.

In the decant I get the most amazingly realistic, syrupy strawberry I have ever smelled. Remember those scented Strawberry Shortcake dolls? Well this is the complete opposite. Wet, the sweet, doughy pastry note begins to emerge and blends with that fantastic strawberry and I think I might actually be salivating. As it dries down, the doughnut to strawberry ratio changes in favor of the pastry and it smells SO real. My husband walked in and asked if I was trying a perfume because he suddenly smelled doughnuts and wanted Krispy Kreme XD Definitely a hit for me!

In the imp: Strawberry and sugary cake! Mmmmmm............

Wet on skin: Strawberry candy, like a jolly rancher.

Dried down: Sweet strawberry jelly, a little softer than the candy.

Throw: This has some serious throw on me,. As it was drying down, wafts of strawberry scent started floating around my head.

Verdict: **** This is really pretty, but I don't think I need a bottle. At least not yet.

This is bright red juicy strawberry jelly with powdered sugar and I'm OBSESSED. There's a tartness to it that keeps the sugar from being too cloying. I don't get as much of the pastry note, but that's alright, it's still delicious. Good throw and really great lasting power as well. I feel like Lotso Huggin Bear while wearing this, haha.

In the bottle - Holy shit, this is amazing. This is the creamiest strawberries and cream, and maybe some flaky pastry on deep huff.

Wet - Straaaaaawberries and cream. And some pastry. This is based on a real food, and my new mission in life is to find and eat that food.

Drydown - More flaky buttery pastry is coming into play now. Strawberry is still RIGHT there, though, so don’t worry. To me (and on me), this smells like strawberry Golden Grahams. I used to get them in my lunchbox as a kid, and this is the smell of how the gooey strawberry middle of the graham cracker bear tasted. Even the cinnamon-y spice of the graham cracker reveals itself later on in the drydown. This is such a foodie winner.

Verdict - Most definitely keeping this bottle. Potentially getting a backup.

I was initially unsure about whether to keep my bottle - lately I've been applying BPAL oils to the back of my hand, rather than my wrist, because they seem to last longer and stay truer rather than being corrupted by my skin chemistry, and *usually* that's a good thing, but with this it's been the opposite. On the back of my hand, ALL I was getting was the bottle scent - ZOMG STRAWBERRY JAM! Which was quite nice, but I didn't really *want* to smell like a jar of jam, and in terms of strawberry scents, I much prefer Pink Surprise Cake.

...but, when I tried it on my wrists, total game changer! This stuff *needs* to be corrupted by skin chemistry, it kills off a little of the strawberry, and brings the goddamn DONUT out to play, which was what I wanted all along :D ...on my wrists, it becomes *gorgeous* within about a minute, smells exactly like the description, powdered sugar donuts, oozing gooey strawberry centre, bloody gorgeous :) It's really warm and *happy* and comforting, and I will definitely be holding onto my bottle!

This isn't so much "strawberry jam filled doughnut" to me as "strawberry filled twisted flaky pastry they sell in Fantasyland".

Is this a bad thing? FUCK NO

I want to eat my wrist

Beth even managed to make it smell oven hot

This is SICK. It's so good...it's even so complex, it twists and turns and morphs and is just insanely good. This is taking all my strawberry loves like Strawberry Moon, Pink Lace and kicking their wimpy butts. omg...so good...I love myself so much wearing this...

It's almost so adorable I feel a little like an older lady in a Hello Kitty shirt. Hey wait, that's me! Perfect.

I would have never guessed you could make a perfume that smells like this, it's like a Willy Wonka fantasy.

Foodie sweet lovers quick buy 6 bottles...

Everyone said it smelled like a jelly donut, which is why I bought it in the first place. I absolutely LOVE jelly donuts. But somewhere between buying this and receiving it, I convinced myself that everyone was wrong and that making a strawberry donut scent was impossible and that this would just smell like strawberries and maybe cream. I should really listen to my betters.

You know when you're expected something like, say, orange juice, but you take a big ol swig of chocolate milk instead and even though you probably would prefer chocolate milk in the first place your mind still revolts because it expected something completely different? Yeah.

My first impression was that this was horrible and plastic, because I just didn't expect it to smell JUST LIKE A GODDAMNED JELLY DONUT. Which is absurd, because everyone said it would.

Anyway, 5 seconds later, my brain got over itself and realized that this is the most delicious thing that's ever happened to me that isn't actual food. It smells like a strawberry jelly donut. Powdered sugar, flaky buttery donut, sweet creamy strawberry jam. Decent staying power on me too. Don't know about throw since I haven't worn it out yet, but I'll let you all know if any of my peers try to take a bite out of me tomorrow.

I once said in all sincerity that I would prefer to be proposed to with a box of our local bakery's strawberry and cream donuts instead of a ring. I am serious about jelly donuts. This smells just like those donuts and I'm so glad I bought a bottle.

Edited by sailthetethys

First, I totally love this...but I have 3 words to describe this one "strawberry zombie apocalypse" :wub3:

PS- When dried it has an element of Golletes too. Yum!

Edited by poisondove

This is, as everyone has been saying, a strawberry jam-filled doughnut. It's amazing. It's somehow not cloyingly sweet on me (although perhaps others might disagree).

Wet it's all strawberry & sugar. Once it dries down it keeps the strawberry, but it becomes subtler and the pastry scent mixes with it nicely. I'm thrilled I gave in & bought this.

Wow, Strawberry Sufganiyot is just so much fun! Strawberry doughnut for sure, and so yummy that it actually subs in for dessert when I have a craving for sweets. Dries down to a golden pastry and sweet strawberry halo on my wrists that's sort of irresistible. Sometimes I love a foody scent but don't find myself reaching for it often to wear out of the house, but with this one, I keep a bottle at work for the afternoons when I'm contemplating raiding my colleague's candy dish. ;)

I can't add anything to what has already been said about this lovely fragrance.

It smells EXACTLY like a strawberry jelly filled donut. It's almost scary how accurate this really is. It smells dominantly of strawberry jelly during the wet stage on the skin and when the dry down happens more of the flaky dough smell comes forth and I swear a sprinkle of powdered sugar. My mouth actually waters when I smell this and I have to control myself from wanting to lick my arm.

Amazing! I love it! I am so glad I got a bottle before the Yules came down. :love!:

This is the most delicious strawberry jelly filled doughnut! I love this scent so much! It's in my top 5 for sure! Even thinking about it makes me hungry and I want to slather some on! But it's bed time! :wub2:

I'm a leeettttle nervous about this bottle. I love love love strawberry but anything too foody/cakey is death on me. I had to try it though!

In the bottle it is very sickly sweet and smells like jelly filled donuts, not a bad thing. Smells yummy. On me it smells like a juicy strawberry jam filled donut sprinkled with sugar. The drydown is gorgeous and it tones down a lot. I smell like juicy strawberry jam. It's not too overwlmingly sweet and is the perfect balance between strawberry and donut. It has a slight sharp sour note (like rhubarb) that blends together with the sweetness very well. I can not stop smlling my wrist. Goregous, sweet and sexy scent.